╌>

Lara Trump claims rising turkey prices is part of a left-wing plot to destroy Thanksgiving

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  45 comments

Lara Trump claims rising turkey prices is part of a left-wing plot to destroy Thanksgiving
She claimed the rising cost of Thanksgiving dinner was part of a left-wing plot to destroy US traditions.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

4126356e980a7fea4ef766af80251f21

Lara Trump. Nicholas Kamm/AFP via Getty Images
  • Lara Trump, the former president's daughter-in-law, spoke about price inflation on Fox News.

• She claimed the rising cost of Thanksgiving dinner was part of a left-wing plot to destroy US traditions.

• "They don't want us to have any shared traditions like Thanksgiving," she said.

Lara Trump, the wife of former President Donald Trump's son Eric, said that the rising price of Thanksgiving dinner was part of a left-wing plot to destroy American traditions.

Trump appeared on Fox News' "Hannity" show on Wednesday to talk about inflation. Other guests blamed the Biden administration for rising prices, and pointed to "the left."

Trump noted the rising costs of many items, and pointed to turkey prices as part of a plot to "transform" the US.

"They have told us from the beginning that they want to fundamentally transform America," she said.

"Well, how do you that? You have to change America from the inside out, you have to take away our traditions."

Watch her speak here:

She said: "So it might seem a little funny and a little ridiculous. 'Oh, don't have a turkey, then people won't come over.' Last year, remember, they didn't want us to get together, so I guess we're lucky they're letting us have Thanksgiving this year."

She was likely referring to health warnings against gathering at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"At really, the core of this, they want to divide Americans up," she said.

She continued: "They don't want us to have any common ground. They don't want us to have any shared traditions like Thanksgiving."

The cost of Thanksgiving dinner is   higher this year because of inflation .

Turkey prices are up about 13% from two years ago,   Insider's Andy Kiersz reported .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Someone should ask her why her husband is so damn dumb. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

She's too stupid to have an answer.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    3 years ago

see @1.2

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.1    3 years ago

1.2 confirms my point, exactly.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

She’s exactly right.  The left is waging a war against Christmas and Thanksgiving because they are religious holidays.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

"The Left" buys and consumes turkey too, Jefferson. Got one right here on the dining room table! (Two more in the deep freezer!)

Get real small-town 'America.' Then again, red states can raise and sell turkeys to the rest of us (thus, setting the price point)! Capitalism works!

Capitalism not Communism, eh? End the bitchin' and moaning' go make life better for everybody, red, blue, and "green" alike!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

Ah, the old 'culture warrior' shtick returns for its latest 'installment' eh? Fox News viewers ought to be able to see this on their time-lines or just 'muscle memory' by now! Hey Fox Viewers, stop letting your minds be manipulated - that's what I got for ya today!)

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

What "war?" How absurd! And paranoid. Xmas & Thnxgiving are not exclusively religious holidays either.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2  SteevieGee    3 years ago

I bought a fresh 18 lb tom for .99/lb.  I could have got frozen for .59/lb.  Maybe the grocers in her gated right wing enclave are ripping her off.  Capitalism.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

it's the new rwnj marketing concept. rip off the morons and tell them that it's biden's fault. red states are paying more for gas than blue states on average now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago
red states are paying more for gas than blue states on average now.

Do us a favor and let us know when states set prices, will ya?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    3 years ago

go do the planet a favor...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    3 years ago
go do the planet a favor...

And what would that be? You need to be specific if you are asking for favors. That's kind of how it works!

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    3 years ago

y'all come on down, y'hear...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    3 years ago

Please refrain from posting such inane crap to me.

Especially when it makes no fucking sense in relation to a damn thing I have posted.

I don't know why, based on history, but I always hope for better from you.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    3 years ago

hope in one hand, shit in the other, and see which one fills faster.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.6    3 years ago
hope in one hand, shit in the other, and see which one fills faster.

Please refrain from posting inane crap to me, wholly unrelated to a damn thing I have posted.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    3 years ago

All states take a portion of what is charged at the pump via taxes and those rates are implemented by state governments.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.1.8    3 years ago

I know what taxes are and also know that states don't set gas prices.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    3 years ago

I live in a blue state and we pay more than any state by a lot and have 1/8 of the US population here so I doubt that claims accuracy.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.11  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.10    3 years ago

bfd

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.12  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    3 years ago

Lara Trump seems to think they do.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @2.1.6    3 years ago

Also, be careful of which hand you use if you have to cough.  He would end up shit faced.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.12    3 years ago
Lara Trump seems to think they do.

Sounds like you should take it up with her then.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

I read yesterday that the average 20 lb. turkey is costing $1 more this year than last. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    3 years ago

who cares. I'm having prime rib.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    3 years ago

I dont think too many people will be foregoing a 20 lb turkey for Thanksgiving because the price went up a buck. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    3 years ago

Doesn’t matter much for us, we are just doing a small one with our family this year so we got a smaller turkey to begin with.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.3    3 years ago

It's so sad really that like a gnat buzzing in plain view of your eyes, we only get this kind of crap when we look at what Fox News wants the world to SEE.  Capitalism working itself out is okay (and Fox News is all about the 'benjamins') until FOX NEWS want to deploy a double-standard and say it's 'bad' for business!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    3 years ago

According to a local news report, the average increase was 5 cents a pound.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3  CB  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

You would think Lara Trump is not a purveyor of: Capitalism! Horrible thought, eh? So why is she bitchin' and moaning? Yeah, mommy has 'bout right-she is stirring around in old shit trying to raise a stench! Make something out of 'out of whole cloth.'

What do you bet that if Lara Trump want turkey on her table that turkey it will be on her table this year! I call fabrication!

And she took the holidays to try to "f-up" to exploit the heads of her 'constituents.' Shameless 'hussies.'

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago

What a moron.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

Turkeys are progressive doncha know and part of the deep state.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Deep fry state.

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

It is plain to see when someone makes it plain that they are manipulating their audience. These are the same yahoos who tell people everyday about the open market and 'raw' capitalism being what freedom and liberty are about, but here they are bitching and moaning when capitalists 'bucks' em off! Fakers and frauds. Books (on the subject) Coming SOON!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 years ago
Lara Trump: Democrats do not want us to have Thanksgiving

NOTE: You owe it to yourself to watch this bull patty video from HANNITY, my liberal friends, because this is the steady 'diet' that FOX News treat its audience to and it ends up here on NT as enhanced 'talking points.'

Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Monica Crowley, I actually agree with the OVERALL POINT she is making about 'transformative' governance. The mention of 'hot-dogs at Thanksgiving' is her catering to the Hannity viewing  public.

The rest of that SHIT from Lara Trump and the other woman is bull patty. Let them tell it Joe Biden is some 'divo' who spends his idle time in palatial places and compounds - instead of Joe Biden who spent decades known for taking east-coast hub trains!

This is what FOX NEWS is and does. Bull PATTY. It's a shame, but they don't do SHAME.  So I guess it's okay?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @6    3 years ago

I owe it to myself not to watch.  I can only take so much bs per day, so I avoid it if possible.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @6    3 years ago

FCK FOX "news" !

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

What a fucking retard. I don’t understand how anyone can hear something like that and think “man, we need to give this person a bigger platform!”

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    3 years ago
Last year, remember, they didn't want us to get together, so I guess we're lucky they're letting us have Thanksgiving this year."

There’s a problem of cognitive dissonance with many on the Right on this issue. They can’t resolve the claim that government leftists want to keep people from getting together (something that did happen last year because of Covid) against the reality of liberal government actually encouraging people to get together this year. 

The same is true of the allegation that government wants to impose draconian Covid regulations and leave them in place forever contrasted with the reality that many of those regulations were relaxed or removed entirely when Covid numbers went down.

So you start out claiming government wants to oppress, and it may even genuinely look that way for a time. But then freedom comes back and the people who live to be angry are stuck. So we get this “I guess we’re lucky” talk. Or “they don’t really mean it” - that kind of thing. Anything to keep the anger going.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tacos! @8    3 years ago
So you start out claiming government wants to oppress, and it may even genuinely look that way for a time. But then freedom comes back and the people who live to be angry are stuck. So we get this “I guess we’re lucky” talk. Or “they don’t really mean it” - that kind of thing. Anything to keep the anger going.

Ok dismiss the anger out there as cognitive dissonance... but you want a clue? Ok I'll give you a clue...

It isn't the temporary stuff that obviously HAS to be temporary stuff...

It's the permanent sh*t they do under the guise of their dictatorial emergency powers while hyping all the temporary stuff...

THAT is what has the natives restless...

And don't try and claim I'm a conspiracy theorist, I live in the state of washington and our imperial governuer has plain flat said that this "Emergency" over the pandemic is the perfect opportunity to enact the agenda... Yeah he actually said it in public during his presidential campaign and his gubernatorial campaign...

The peoples eyes are opened and what they are doing is being judges of them by what comes directly out of their mouths, and most thinking people, people who are not buying the rhetoric anymore, are seeing, many for the first time, that what they promise is not what they deliver, and looking back they can see it's been happening for a long time...

YES the current set of democrats want to CONTROL, not fix... and whatever they can make worse to drive anger they are making worse...

This is only the beginning...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Nowhere Man @8.1    3 years ago
It isn't the temporary stuff that obviously HAS to be temporary stuff...

Good! As long we can acknowledge that some temporary actions are both temporary and necessary, I think we can discuss the issues reasonably and fairly.

And the fact is, not every one of these temporary measures has really been necessary. Especially last year, around here (CA) we saw business, church, and school closures that went beyond what was called for. The good news is we have a system that allows us to push back on those actions.

It's the permanent sh*t they do under the guise of their dictatorial emergency powers while hyping all the temporary stuff...

Did you have something specific in mind? I’m genuinely curious.

And don't try and claim I'm a conspiracy theorist

LOL! I would never.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    3 years ago
I’m genuinely curious.

I'll put something together for ya, all I can talk about directly is WA State, but a lot of it is mirrored nationally we here are beginning to learn...

But right now I don't have the time... Family is coming over in a bit...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @8    3 years ago

Trump was in office last TG, so it was Trump who put the kabash on TG, not "they".

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    3 years ago

It was always a sham. Trump partisans shouted "freedom" and "liberty" and made a big to-do about unmasking and unvaxxing. And today, Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, drastically limited in fall 2020 was televised today with major populated productions, sit-down interviews, marching bands, and millions assembled to watch!

So what does Fox News do (they must have known about the parade upcoming, because both Fox and the parade are NYC local)? They ignore reasonable reporting and fabricate a complain against capitalism which they will be touting again on Black Friday AM!