╌>

The most beautiful cat breeds in the world according to science

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  44 comments

By:   Wire Service Canada

The most beautiful cat breeds in the world according to science

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Cats have a very special emotional place in our hearts! Like children, cats are all cute, without exception, and as they grow up, their bodies change, which does not make them any less attractive to see also.

The International Cat Federation lists about 46 cat breeds in the world and not all of them are aesthetically pleasing by nature. Between silky cats and cats that are not (hello sphynx), skinny-bodied cats and those with little fat, there are many differences.

Russian blue

Obviously we can ask our mirror which is the most beautiful because beauty remains very subjective and relative. So what are the criteria by which we count beauty? What if we could actually measure it mathematically?

The most beautiful cat in the world…

Science naturally took this issue into account by creating the so-called golden ratio. It is a mathematical formula that is a ratio, initially defined in geometry as the unique ratio between two lengths. This means that it measures the physical symmetry of an element and that this golden ratio is close to Phi, i.e. 1.62.

It was these novels that made it possible to declare that Robert Pattinson was the most beautiful man in the world, Bella Hadid the most beautiful woman in the world and the Dalmatian the most beautiful dog.

Norwegian

And what about cats? What is the cat breed closest to this golden ratio? There are three who share the title of the most beautiful cat in the world: the Norwegian (1.65), the Russian Blue (1.65) and the German (1.59)

Then we find Ragamuffin (1.67), Siberian (1.55), American Curl (1.56), Selkirk Rex (1.69), Siamese (1.55), Maine Coon (1.71) and Egyptian Mau (1.72). At the bottom of the ranking are the Persian, Peterbald, and the Himalayas, which are scientifically considered the ugliest cats in the world.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Masters Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

Then of course there is the ultimate question ... does your cat find you to be the most beautiful of human breeds?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    3 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @2    3 years ago

What a beautiful kitty!

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2  Freefaller  replied to  GregTx @2    3 years ago

Lol Siamese may indeed be one of the most beautiful but there's just something not right in their brains either

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2.1  shona1  replied to  Freefaller @2.2    3 years ago

Anoon Free... Siamese were originally breed and used to guard the royal palaces in Thailand...

May explain their strange and unusual habits...would not like to meet one in the dead of night..they were a fighting ball of fury...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Freefaller @2.2    3 years ago

We had Siamese cats as long as I can remember growing up, and I had my own Siamese most of my adult life. We had other breeds of cats in addition to our Siamese, as did I. 

Here is one of my Mother's Seal Point Siamese who helps her in the office of their business. His name is Nakim. He oversees the daily operations. (grin)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  shona1 @2.2.1    3 years ago

My kitties are Siamese mixes.  They're littermates.  One is just as cuddly and affectionate as can be.  The other - well, he'll allow you to scratch his ears, when he's in the mood.  He won't swat you away, but he will avoid you.  The aloof one is obsessed with watching water drip from a faucet.  He can be entertained for hours on the side of the bathtub, if I just let the faucet drip a bit.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.3    3 years ago

Nakim and his Brother are littermates as well. They were as different as night and day. Nakim was a home boy, liked to stay in the house and entertain himself with things like chasing dust bunnies around on the hardwood floors. His Brother Hason was the outdoors wanderer.

He would wander around the neighbor's yards and often get into fights with other cats, which often resulted in infected bites from his encounters, which my Mother had to tend to on a daily basis. He was a bit aloof and didn't really like to be held or snuggle with anyone but Nakim. But, he was a sweetheart and treated us humans with affection....when he was in the mood, whereas Nakim was always in the mood. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
3  shona1    3 years ago

My furry purry... Mishka..

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  shona1 @3    3 years ago

That's not a cat, that's a tea cozy.

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1.1  shona1  replied to  Hallux @3.1    3 years ago

Morning Hullux...Mishka has been called a few things, but not a tea cosy..That is so funny...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  shona1 @3    3 years ago

Another beauty!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1  shona1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago

Morning Perrie..

What a lovely puss...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  shona1 @4.1    3 years ago

Morning Shona and thanks! Better than being handsome, he is the sweetest, smartest and friendliest kitty I have ever had.

Oh, I forgot his breeds name. He is a snowshoe.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5  GregTx    3 years ago

And how did Bombays' not even make the list? Peshaw..

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @5    3 years ago

You have gorgeous kitties. I love bombays. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6  Raven Wing    3 years ago

My Yoda Girl is an Egyptian Mau. Their fur is a combination of spots and stripes, with a large white bib and a black stripe down their back, yellow-green eyes, and rings on her tail like a raccoon.

Here you can see the pattern of the spots and stripes. Taken while she was napping.

And here to can see the black stripe down her back and the rings on her tail...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @6    3 years ago

What a beautiful girl you have Raven. She has great markings.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    3 years ago

Thank you, Perrie. She is the first time I ever heard about Egyptian Maus, and the first time I saw one. The Egyptian Mau is an ancient breed favored by the Egyptian royals. The word 'Mau' means cat in the Egyptian language.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     3 years ago

Hi, I'm a Pit Bull cat and I'm the most beautiful...Wanna argue with me?

tumblr_lqleddc9eQ1r0np7uo1_500.jpg

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.1  GregTx  replied to  Kavika @7    3 years ago

I knew a cat once that would have..

my sister brought an albino cat home when she was just a little girl and my parents let her keep it. One of the coolest cats I've known. He would follow you around like a dog. Anyways, one day down the road, I'm sitting in the garage with him and a couple of kittens from one of our other cats when a Pittie comes walking down the street. She seemed to be a sweetie who had just gotten loose, but when she saw me she started wagging her tail and came straight down the driveway. The kittens suddenly disappeared with a swooshing sound and that albino cat ran straight at that Pit, jumped on her back and rode her all the way back up the driveway until she got to the street and then dismounted and sauntered back on down to the garage. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Kavika   replied to  GregTx @7.1    3 years ago

Lucky cat indeed, most of the time it does not turn out well for the cat.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  GregTx @7.1    3 years ago

I had an albino cat once.  Took a while to figure it out, but he was also 100% deaf (which is apparently common in albino cats).  He would bat at the vacuum cleaner while it was on, and push drinking glasses off the counters just to watch them shatter on the floor.  The other cats were terrified of these loud noises but he was just chill all the time.  Little bastard cause one hell of a mess.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @7    3 years ago

Not me... jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif   It can be whatever it wants to be.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8  arkpdx    3 years ago

if I knew how I would show you a picture of the cutest cat ever.

His Royal Highness and most Majestic

Majesty Mango the Magnificent

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I guess domestic shorthair tuxedo cats don't qualify, but they do look well dressed for a formal event.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

But of course they do, and here is one that proves it. And I think you will recognize him. (smile)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1    3 years ago

He was a cat, take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again.” (with apologies to Shakespeare)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

My last kitty was a tuxedo.  His brother, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few years earlier, was a Bugs Bunny cat.  They were quite the dapper pair.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11  1stwarrior    3 years ago

Little Siamese and two Dauphines (whatever that is) - Sky Guy, Blackie and Shadow.

And, our little King of the Road, a Russian Blue - Harley.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1stwarrior @11    3 years ago

All of them, beautiful! 

evilone
Professor Guide
12  evilone    3 years ago

I was reading an article this morning about a 24yo woman who rescued a cat as a baby a few years ago. Her new boyfriend and the cat didn't interact very much. He's not a pet person. When he observed her night time ritual of giving the cat a kiss on his belly, on his head and on his face he called it dirty and disgusting. He claimed he wouldn't kiss her ever again if she continued to kiss her cat. The cat also slept in a cat bed on the side table next to the bed. The guy felt the cat should be shut out of the room and preferably locked in a box. Posters on the article were pushing her to get rid of the boyfriend... I would have to agree.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13  1stwarrior    3 years ago

Now - Sky Guy (our 22 lb Siamese) showing his authority position over "his" human - 

And, of course, the newby, Stormy (Maine Coon) - taking over.

Yes - we nap frequently as a cat-family.

evilone
Professor Guide
13.1  evilone  replied to  1stwarrior @13    3 years ago

I had a part Maine Coon when I lived in Maine - He looked a lot like Garfield and I called him Big Red. My ex-wife and he didn't get along so when I came home from patrol one day the cat was gone. It took awhile later to get rid of the ex...  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  evilone @13.1    3 years ago

Yeah - I would consider that "Involuntary Manslaughter" would be kinda hard to defend, eh?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  1stwarrior @13.1.1    3 years ago

I would vote for acquital so at worst it would be a hung jury

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

My 2 Moggies are the most beautiful cats in the world

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @14    3 years ago

Show them to us!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1    3 years ago

Charlene to the left, Stubby to the right. Charlene has the most beautiful markings of any Tabby I've ever had...and I've had mostly Tabbies

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
14.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.1    3 years ago

Trout - wouldn't they be classified as Calicos?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @14.1.2    3 years ago

The Vet calls them "domestic short hairs" but they are tabbies. Stubby is male and since most calicos are female, he's a tabby. They both have the distinctive "M" on their foreheads

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
14.2  arkpdx  replied to  Trout Giggles @14    3 years ago

I disagree! (Like that's new)My Mango the Magnificent is the best looking cat on the planet.

Hallux
Masters Principal
15  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

At this point I am guessing that all own a copy of T S Eliot's  'Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats'.