╌>

Trump turns on Hannity over Capitol-riot texts advising him to stop claiming the election was stolen

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  2 years ago  •  38 comments

By:   tcolson@businessinsider.com (Thomas Colson)

Trump turns on Hannity over Capitol-riot texts advising him to stop claiming the election was stolen
"[Trump] can't mention the election again. Ever. I did not have a good call with him today. And worse, I'm not sure what is left to do or say, and I don't like not knowing if it's truly understood. Ideas?"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump hit out at Fox News Sean Hannity on Wednesday for suggesting days after the Capitol riot that the former president should stop claiming the election was rigged.

The House select committee investigating the Capitol riot on Tuesday released the texts sent by Hannity — a prominent supporter of Trump — to his former aides including Mark Meadows, the former White House chief of staff.

They were part of a letter to Hannity requesting that he cooperate with the committee's investigation.

The letter quoted a text sent by Hannity to Meadows and Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan four days after the Capitol riot which said: "[Trump] can't mention the election again. Ever. I did not have a good call with him today. And worse, I'm not sure what is left to do or say, and I don't like not knowing if it's truly understood. Ideas?"

Trump told CNN   on Wednesday, through a spokesperson: "I disagree with Sean on that statement and the facts are proving me right."

The spokesperson did not specify which facts they were referring to or how they were being proven right.

Since leaving office, Trump   continued to push the baseless claim that he lost the election to Joe Biden   as a result of widespread voter fraud. Multiple lawsuits and election audits have failed to produce any evidence to back up his claims.

Hannity was   frequently a cheerleader of Trump's agenda during his administration and appeared at his rallies.

But their relationship soured after the Fox News host became "disgusted" by Trump's conspiracy theories about the election,   according to a book published last year by CNN's Brian Stelter.

The former president remains fixated on overturning his election loss,   Axios reported, citing sources who said it was difficult to dissuade him from repeatedly turning to the topic in personal conversations.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

Why didn't he turn on Hannity back when the texts were actually sent?  Oh, yeah, I remember now...White House staff kept this kind of reality from Trump to prevent the inevitable self-collateral damage that always followed someone speaking the truth. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago
Oh, yeah, I remember now...White House staff kept this kind of reality from Trump to prevent the inevitable self-collateral damage that always followed someone speaking the truth.

The question is whether Trump or Hannity even know what the definition of "truth" is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    2 years ago

They both define the truth as to what they want it to be.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.1    2 years ago

Sadly, their followers believe every word of their bullshit. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.1    2 years ago

Is it what they want it to be, or simply whatever they can get away with?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

What facts does Walking Eagle have that the election was stolen? 

In the real world NONE.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago
What facts does Walking Eagle have that the election was stolen? 

Alternative facts of course! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    2 years ago

You have it going on today, Missy!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Professor Guide
2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago
In the real world NONE.

Hey Kav, what is Ojibwe for 'none'?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    2 years ago

gaa ganage

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

I'll give Hannity some credit for trying to maintain some integrity

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago

No offense TG but 'too much too little too late' as far as I'm concerned.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 years ago

LOL! None taken. :)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago

He will get a half assed "atta boy" from me only if he throws Trump under the bus and only if it aids in his conviction.

Professor Guide
3.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago
I'll give Hannity some credit for trying to maintain some integrity

Yeah, but he only did it after the Jan. 6th committee tweeted his text messages.  Still, it's fabulous to see him trying to save his own ass.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.3    2 years ago

I like to see him make a fool of himself

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    2 years ago

I’m glad to see Hannity employ a dose of common sense on a single issue, but this guy is as responsible as anyone for the paranoid hysteria driving partisan politics these days.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    2 years ago
Donald Trump hit out at Fox News Sean Hannity on Wednesday for suggesting days after the Capitol riot that the former president should stop claiming the election was rigged.

A man-child if I ever saw one.   If one does not do exactly as Trump says he takes his ball and goes home to pout.  

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6  MrFrost    2 years ago

Hannity is a weak, incompetent loser. Not sure I entirely understand his, "1st Amendment rights being violated" by talking to the Jan. 6th Committee means. Pretty sure he was requested to appear, so he can say whatever he likes, (unless he is sworn in).

He just wants to sit on the fence so when the shoes drop, (and they will), he can claim he was right all along. It's about ratings with that turd, as always.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    2 years ago
Hannity was frequently a cheerleader of Trump's agenda during his administration, and appeared at his rallies . But their relationship soured after the Fox News host became "disgusted" by Trump's conspiracy theories about the election, according to a book published last year by CNN's Brian Stelter .

I wonder if some here who still maintain that Trump won the election are wising up?   After all, Hannity is one of the 'trusted authorities' from which many gain their ' truth '.   Maybe it takes uber-nutcase spin-machine Tucker Carlson to acknowledge reality before they wake up?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  TᵢG @7    2 years ago
I wonder if some here who still maintain that Trump won the election are wising up?

There are at least two on this site, that I know of, that still believe trump won the election. Of course, there is no proof but who needs that when you're literally insane/stupid. 

Professor Guide
7.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago
There are at least two on this site, that I know of, that still believe trump won the election.

One of them talks about it incessantly.  The only way I would allow myself to look that insane/stupid on a daily basis would be if a hefty deposit were made to my bank account every month.  On second thought, no I wouldn't.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago

I think I know whom you are referring jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @7    2 years ago

I do believe Tucker is going to have start singing a different tune before at least NT'er wises up. He swallows whatever Tucker tells him

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    2 years ago

Even then, the individual would likely continue to stubbornly express the same beliefs.   Maybe Trump has to admit that he is a lying sack of shit.   But then, the individual would probably claim the videos of the admission to be 'fake news'.

Confirmation bias is strong with some.    jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @7.2.1    2 years ago
Maybe Trump has to admit that he is a lying sack of shit.   But then, the individual would probably claim the videos of the admission to be 'fake news'.

Or...trmp has been kidnapped and Patty Hearsted to say that

Professor Guide
7.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TᵢG @7    2 years ago

Tucker's twinkie will eventually flop which-ever way the wind blows.  No one is untouchable these days, and it can happen in the blink of an eye.  He would be stupid to think he is exempt.   

MrFrost
Professor Guide
8  MrFrost    2 years ago

Hannity is worthless. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1  TᵢG  replied to  MrFrost @8    2 years ago

He is a GOP partisan.   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    2 years ago

He's a hack.

Professor Guide
8.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.1    2 years ago

He's creepy.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.2    2 years ago

I think he cheats on his wife then goes to Mass on Ash Wednesday to get redemption

Professor Guide
8.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.3    2 years ago

...and then cheats again on the way home.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.4    2 years ago

Only if he can find a blind hooker.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Whatever Trump and Hannity say about each other today means nothing. They will support each other in the future if it suits their purposes. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @9    2 years ago

What is interesting to me is that Hannity defied (in a rather mild way even) Trump and Trump, predictably, made Hannity persona non grata.   It is a wonder, after all these years, why anyone still associates with Trump.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @9.1    2 years ago

It is like when he told Pence that he would not be Pence's friend anymore if he didn't decertify the EV.  I would love to teach Pence and others he turns on the art of comebacks which I excel at.