╌>

FBI Arrests Jan. 6 Rioter While Out On Bail For Attempted Murder

Category:  News & Politics

By:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

Matthew Beddingfield was on bail on a first-degree attempted murder charge in connection with a 2019 shooting of a 17-year-old in a Walmart parking lot.

Related:

A GOP congressman compared Capitol rioters to tourists. Photos show him barricading a door.

Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (R-Ga.) last week  downplayed   the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, comparing the mob’s breaching of the building to a “normal tourist visit.”

But photos from that day show the congressman, mouth agape, rushing toward the doors to the House gallery and helping barricade them to prevent rioters from entering. The images have resurfaced in recent days on social media amid a wave of disbelief and outrage over Clyde’s comments, including from several Republicans.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  author  Krishna    2 years ago

Remember this?:

Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (R-Ga.) last week  downplayed   the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, comparing the mob’s breaching of the building to a “normal tourist visit.”

But photos from that day show the congressman, mouth agape, rushing toward the doors to the House gallery and helping barricade them to prevent rioters from entering.

But little by little, the truth is starting to come out!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  author  Krishna    2 years ago

Matthew Beddingfield was on bail on a first-degree attempted murder charge in connection with a 2019 shooting of a 17-year-old in a Walmart parking lot.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  author  Krishna    2 years ago

There's another interesting aspect to this story-- how many of the perps were recognized by a combination of fascial recognition technology and other tools of modern police work.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

I guess that the guy out on bail was simply a tourist on 1/6.../s

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I hope that information is seen by his electorate - they need to know the quality of those for whom they vote.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 years ago
I hope that information is seen by his electorate - they need to know the quality of those for whom they vote.

You'll have to wonder if it matters to them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @5.1    2 years ago

That's a sad commentary on the integrity and common sense of his electorate.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 years ago

Yes-- but for some of the MAGA-cultists, it won't matter. 

The real "true Believers" (those that still worship at the alter of trump) won't change.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2    2 years ago
The real "true Believers" (those that still worship at the alter of trump) won't change.

I imagine the police presence at the capitol in Washington has been improved, but now I wouldn't be surprised if there are occasional attacks on state Capitols...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    2 years ago

Sounds like a real shitbird.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @6    2 years ago
Sounds like a real shitbird.

And he's not the only one...