╌>

Biden approval rating drops below 40% for the first time in an average of major polls

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Kyle Morris (Fox News)

Biden approval rating drops below 40% for the first time in an average of major polls
Approval of President Biden's performance in the White House continues to weaken as the administration works to deal with the Ukraine border conflict, rising inflation, the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and chaos at the Mexican border.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Approval of President Biden's performance in the White House continues to weaken as the administration works to deal with the Ukraine border conflict, rising inflation, the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and chaos at the Mexican border.

For the first time since taking office, Biden's approval rating — based on an accumulation of polling data — fell below 40%. A Real Clear Politics average of all the most recent national surveys measuring Biden's standing put the president's approval at 39% and his disapproval at 54%.

Biden has also found himself at the center of a Russia-Ukraine border conflict in Europe. Last month, Biden predicted Russian President Vladimir Putin would advance into Ukraine, saying, "My guess is he will move in. He has to do something."

Biden continues to take heat from Americans over rising gas prices, leading his own party to introduce a proposal to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax in order to help blunt the financial pain of surging prices at the pump.

Other costs, including energy bills, are also having an impact on Americans. New York residents say their bills have doubled in the latest wrinkle to red-hot inflation.

Fox News reached out to the White House in an effort to see what factors may have contributed to Biden's sinking average polling numbers but did not receive an immediate response.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

And to think somebody just told us that things were getting better for Biden!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    2 years ago

He’s hoping if he tells the lie enough times it will become the truth.

Not yet Joe, not yet.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 years ago

He should give it up....he's not very convincing. It's hard to believe someone who keeps forgetting where he is

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Nah, his puppeteers will keep pulling his strings until the achieve their heinous goals.    The November 2022 woodshed beating is getting worse by the day thanks to them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 years ago

Wait?  He's talking in complete sentences now?  When did that happen?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

About 9 months away!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

I am still not understanding why it is so high.  What on earth could the 39% be seeing?  Are they just oblivious to the state of things, not paying attention, or saying he is doing a good job because he isn't Trump?  Is Psaki a convincing liar, are they hoping Joe will give them more free stuff?  Are brains of millennials not fully formed yet?  It is perplexing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @4    2 years ago
I am still not understanding why it is so high

Polls are typically heavy with democrat responders

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

That is the bottom line here.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Right Down the Center @4    2 years ago
or saying he is doing a good job because he isn't Trump? 

Close, some on the left suffering chronic TDS still think Trump never left office. Whenever Joe starts another crisis- they blame Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    2 years ago

But Trump! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3  Tacos!  replied to  Right Down the Center @4    2 years ago
Are they just oblivious to the state of things, not paying attention

Yes, this one. On most days, most people aren’t paying much attention to the many things happening in political news. I’d be impressed if 39% of people even knew who the president was.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Looks like the inflation rate and Biden's approval will meet in the middle.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago
as the administration works to deal with the Ukraine border conflict, rising inflation, the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and chaos at the Mexican border.

I got to believe this is mostly about pandemic fatigue, inflation, and the fact that I still can’t get a PlayStation 5.

I don’t think most regular folks who might have answered this poll are paying any attention to the Mexican border (unless you live right there) or Ukraine. It’s the issues that hit us every day that really matter.

goose is back
Junior Guide
7  goose is back    2 years ago
I don’t think most regular folks who might have answered this poll are paying any attention to the Mexican border

I don't agree with your statement. I live in the center of the country and I am concerned about our southern border as are many people in my state. 

SHOCK RASMUSSEN POLL: Americans Against Amnesty, 73% Concerned About Border - The American Spectator | USA News and Politics

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

CNN, of all places, summed it up:

"The President's ratings have fallen across the board"
Nearly 6 in 10 Americans disapprove of how  Joe Biden  is handling his presidency, with most of that group saying there's literally nothing Biden has done since taking office that they approve of. "

Trying to govern as the senile AOC wasn't a sound strategy.  Can't believe he hasn't fired Ron Klain yet.