╌>

National group says it will spend millions to overhaul the Senate with moderates | Fox Business

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  53 comments

By:   Kyle Morris (Fox Business)

National group says it will spend millions to overhaul the Senate with moderates | Fox Business
A national group tied to Big Tech executives is seeking to move the center of power in the U.S. Senate to the middle by electing moderate senators in races this year and beyond.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

EXCLUSIVE: A national group tied to Big Tech executives is seeking to move the center of power in the U.S. Senate to the middle by electing moderate senators in races this year and beyond.

The group, More Perfect Union (MPU) - a self-described "citizen-led movement working to heal the divide in our nation" - was founded in 2020 by Jake Harriman, an entrepreneur, international social justice activist and a Marine Corps veteran.

According to a digital outline of the group's agenda, which was obtained by Fox News Digital, Harriman's organization aims to help elect a bipartisan "fulcrum" of U.S. senators by targeting "open seats and only play in Primaries in deep Red & Blue states."

Jake Harriman in a 2016 file photo. (Donald Bowers/Getty Images for GLG / Getty Images)

In a section of the outline headlined, "Our strategy to fix it," More Perfect Union wrote that it will work to help elect "3 new country-first candidates to the U.S. Senate in 2022" and "be the dominant player in each race."

The group aims to tackle certain Senate races because the "major cause of the dysfunctionality and gridlock in Congress is in the Senate, and the Senate is a longer, 6-year play that gives the fulcrum members enough time to get meaningful legislation passed."

MPU's outline suggests those assisted in being elected to be part of the fulcrum will work to "pass a federal reform bill" with a focus on "electoral reform, structural reform in Congress, ethics reform, and campaign finance reform."

According to MPU, there "are very few competitive general elections, and the primary election process rewards extremes" as "outside groups provide millions of dollars in support to candidates who pass their ideological purity tests."

And the effort won't stop once people are in office.

"Carrot and stick: MPU provides financial support and political air cover to reward and hold accountable fulcrum Senators once elected," the outline reads.

The group pledged in the outline "$1M hard money" plus a "minimum of $5M independent expenditures per race."

MPU claims on its website that it "isn't a political organization." In a statement to Fox News Digital, Harriman also said More Perfect Union is not a political group.

Harriman is also the founder of a "social venture" called Nuru International, which aims "to eradicate extreme poverty in some of the most fragile regions of the world." He was previously honored by the Obama White House as a "Champion of Change." He is a senior adviser to the McChrystal Group, a business consulting firm, as well.

"Due to the desperate condition of the U.S. political system, Jake has now turned his attention to helping protect the American Democratic experiment, which he fears is on the brink of failure - a failure that would have terrible global consequences," Harriman's McChrystal bio reads. "Jake is the Founder and CEO of More Perfect Union, a 10-year plan to heal the divide in the nation and make our government work for the American people by building a viable center in American politics. Key early components of Jake's plan include creating a country-first fulcrum of five new Members in the U.S. Senate, building a nationwide movement for unity and reform, and passing new legislation to reform the electoral system and structural rules and norms of Congress."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

What does "moderate" mean in this context?  Whatever big tech wants ? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

I would hope that it means those who are not conspiracy theorists who have integrity and principles and don't sell themselves to the big donors, and would honestly serve their electorate for the good of all.  That might make a sea change to American politics.  But I don't believe that's going to happen, because I don't think utopia is possible. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney are stand-outs for moderate-modeling. Don't you think? I don't know if I can say the same for Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema. Am I wrong to feel this way? (Where the republicans are an open question for me, the democrats have caused me considerable angst with their recalcitrance on policy prescriptions.) 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @1.1.2    2 years ago

I've not followed anything about Kinzinger, but I have about Liz Cheney and it was her that I was thinking about when I posted my comment above about integrity and principles.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago
I would hope that it means those who are not conspiracy theorists who have integrity and principles and don't sell themselves to the big donors,

it would seem that the candidates backed by this group will indeed be "selling" themselves to big donors. This group wants to elect people who will do what they want--just like all groups do.

Sounds good when they use all the appropriate buzzwords, though, doesn't it?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    2 years ago

As I've said elsewhere, politicians are whores and sell themselves to their big donors.  Not all governments use a system that enables that. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.5    2 years ago
As I've said elsewhere, politicians are whores and sell themselves to their big donors. 

Okay, it was hard for me to tell that based on this post:

I would hope that it means those who are not conspiracy theorists who have integrity and principles and don't sell themselves to the big donors,

The two statements don't seem to jibe.

Not all governments use a system that enables that.

True, some governments don't have free elections. Some even only have one political party and limited democratic activity, perhaps you have even heard or know of such countries.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    2 years ago

Okay then, MOST politicians are whores. Does that warm your heart?

As for governments, Chacun a son gout.  I'm a Canadian and happy that I can send in an absentee ballot.  Nobody's trying to restrict that in Canada. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.7    2 years ago
Okay then, MOST politicians are whores. Does that warm your heart?

Should it? Because it doesn't, so maybe you can explain why it would.

As for governments,Chacun a son gout. I'm a Canadian and happy that I can send in an absentee ballot.  Nobody's trying to restrict that in Canada. 

That's wonderful!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    2 years ago

I don't particularly like her conservative leanings; the wanting to curtail civil rights, voting rights, and general 'go along with conservative meddling in the rights and privileges of liberals - 'wholly-subsidiary.' But these lying, boorish, trumpists are twisting truth into pretzels and penning it that way. Trumpists are the dreaded worse. It reminds me of the way people of color used to think of the white majority of yesterday-as largely an adversary not to be trusted.

And here some conservatives of today are pining away to get to be nasty, creepy, devilishly deceitful, and untrustworthy in their dealings and relationships with others. They are promoting SORDID GAIN, ROT, AND THEFT. Such people EVEN actually fancy the world can not survive without white people running the whole 'show.'

It is sickness.  For we are finally showing them-the world runs best when we honor our whole citizens' dreams and aspirations!

Now at "2.0" level we have white racists desperately trying to 'story-tell' past hatreds of yesterday as colorblindness for today's world. Deceivers! What is really happening for white racists: Conservatives are the new 'white" lacking diversity and no platform;  and, liberals are the new dreaded " black" with all its multifaceted groups, behaviors, and attitudes.

Colorblind conservatives? Nope. It's a deception and SOSDD.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.1.2    2 years ago
I don't know if I can say the same for Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema.

You can.  

Am I wrong to feel this way? (Where the republicans are an open question for me, the democrats have caused me considerable angst with their recalcitrance on policy prescriptions.) 

They've taken a moderate stance on liberal policy.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.11  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.10    2 years ago

Thank you, Jack_TX really. Since I can not read the future, I honestly don't know if Manchin and Sinema 'won the day' on these trillion dollars bills and rights bills are not! What I do understand is that many causes have been held in abeyance until farther notice. Maybe the country is better off not adding the debt and innovations, may be not! Time will have to bear it out for us to learn and take stock.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    2 years ago

Well, whatever I say just seems to be fodder for you to continue the kind of discussion that isn't going anywhere so I've made my point and said what I think and have TRIED to be courteous to you but if you want to keep it up then do so with someone else because I'm through with it now. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.1.11    2 years ago
Thank you, Jack_TX really.

*thumbsup*

Since I can not read the future, I honestly don't know if Manchin and Sinema 'won the day' on these trillion dollars bills and rights bills are not! What I do understand is that many causes have been held in abeyance until farther notice. Maybe the country is better off not adding the debt and innovations, may be not! Time will have to bear it out for us to learn and take stock.

I think they have won an important victory for the country.  Not because the legislation they've stalled is necessarily bad, but because anything that large should move very, very slowly and very, very deliberately.  

We've done this "fast pass" thing on massive legislation before, and it normally goes pretty badly.  Democracies/Republics are not designed to work that way.  In fact, they're designed to work exactly the opposite way.  Lots of arguing and negotiation involving large numbers of people over long periods of time produces better legislation.

IMHO, Build Back Better should be much smaller than it is, and even that smaller law should be broken up into a series of still smaller laws that we pass one at a time so we make sure we do a better job with each of them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.12    2 years ago

Fantastic!

But why the hurt feelings?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.15  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.13    2 years ago

Actually, that makes great sense. The issue for speed is timing. GOPers are girded for two-years of congressional political guerilla warfare. Nothing, very little, penetrates their fight stream of consciousness and effectively they 'sat' as a bloc and say, "No!" to nearly everything-even which their constituents want and need as resources.

So that is why the lurch, lump, and stuff into one large bill being pushed up capitol hill. It was a lump-sum gain and it did not make it through: right or wrong.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Ronin2  replied to  CB @1.1.2    2 years ago

Flip your opinion around and you have me. 

I am all for Manchin and Sinema for defying Democrat leadership on ending the filibuster, Build back better, and stopping so called "voters rights bill" (which had nothing to do with voting rights). They are true moderates. Republicans would be stupid not to accept both into the fold if the Democrats are dumb enough to oust them from the party.

The Republicans have been far too nice to Kinzinger and Cheney, the two hand picked TDS driven lap dogs for Pelosi on the Jan 6th committee. Democrats have no use for either; and wouldn't accept either into the Democrat Party. In fact they wouldn't cross the street to piss on either one if they were on fire. Both are nothing more than useful fools carrying out Pelosi's "Get Trump at all costs" agenda.

I expect to see both Kinzinger and Cheney take spots with the Lincoln Project as soon as their political careers end after mid terms.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.16    2 years ago

Ronin2, where does all this partisan 'hit' junk end? "We" used to know a lie when we see a lie. We used to call out liars. We use to shame liars and cheaters in this country. We tell children to not lie and that liars never really win in life-ultimately. Is all of this gone from your world?

You know Donald J. Trump is a proven liar. You know it. So why diminish and 'starve' the truth that is in your heart to tear down Kinzinger and Cheney. Keep in mind, I have no great affection for either "K" or "C," but I relish the truth coming from anybody! Including Donald J. Trump if he was not such a wreck of a lying man.

Nobody is trying to get Trump at all cost. That is another lie. What professionals are trying to do is get one man, Donald J. Trump, to play by established rules. We all know this game. Trump is not a 'nice guy.' He demands somebody TAKE anything he has in his possession or under his control from him by force, not through grace freely extended. So, that is what is occurring.

Obliquely, and as example, we see the same thing occurring with Russia and its Putin. The 'world' is attempting to talk Putin's Russia down off the ledge of attacking another sovereign nation, while Putin's Russia knows better, has been explained why it is improper and indecent to spill another nation's blood, and what will happen to his Russia if he does so, nevertheless. And yet, Russia remains fast on the ledge—simply because he is an control freak and not a 'nice guy.'

At the end of the day, we have no choice but to call out error where ever it appears (like cleaning up rust) or it will metastasize and magnify itself as corruption throughout the system/s.

Lastly, if anybody supports corrupting government to get their way with society, then those individuals should apologize to the world of criminals who do their dirty in the 'underground' hidden from sight and seeing.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @1.1.17    2 years ago
" used to know a lie when we see a lie. We used to call out liars.

And then came Bill Clinton....

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.19  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.18    2 years ago

So what?  You weakly try to say that lying is "OKAY" by pointing to a former liar on the opposing side? We need maturity in this 'room.'

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.1.15    2 years ago
Actually, that makes great sense. The issue for speed is timing.

Yeah.  Well....we're talking about trillions of dollars.  We should probably take some time and get it right.

GOPers are girded for two-years of congressional political guerilla warfare. Nothing, very little, penetrates their fight stream of consciousness and effectively they 'sat' as a bloc and say, "No!" to nearly everything-even which their constituents want and need as resources.

That's how everybody does it when they're "in opposition" ("Opposition" is the term in the UK for the party not in the majority.) 

We also need to remember that traditional Republican constituents (not Trump supporters) don't need or want much government intervention.  They generally know how to make the status quo work, and don't want upheaval.  They're not completely unhappy to have their Congressman come home every couple of years and say "we didn't want to mess anything up, so we played a lot of golf and just voted 'no' on everything."

So that is why the lurch, lump, and stuff into one large bill being pushed up capitol hill.

Meh.  That also has an awful lot to do with the fact that many party hardliners know they're only going to get their stuff passed if they tack it on to a more popular bill and then try to bully the moderates into going along.  It's a lot like junior high school all over again.  The reason they can't get it passed any other way is often that they're terrible ideas.

It was a lump-sum gain and it did not make it through: right or wrong.

I don't think it was ever going to work out to be an actual net gain in the real world.  When you read Biden's own version of what the plan involves and what he says the results will be, there just isn't any way it works.  It reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of the realities of the global economy.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.1.17    2 years ago
"We" used to know a lie when we see a lie.

We used to be better educated.

We used to call out liars. We use to shame liars and cheaters in this country.

We've been electing liars to public office since before I was born, and I'm old.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.22  Thomas  replied to  CB @1.1.11    2 years ago
Maybe the country is better off not adding the debt and innovations, may be not! Time will have to bear it out for us to learn and take stock.

We,as a country, do not learn. Our politicians pick and choose and select from the various versions of "reality" that are presented in an effort to weild and maintain power in pursuit of personal wealth. At least that is what we have come to, as far as I can tell. 

$8.5 Billion spent on political advertising in the 2020 election cycle . They could have saved the time and just sent a check for $250 to every person in America. It probably would have worked better. I bet the people could figure out a more legitimate place for the money to go.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.23  CB  replied to  Thomas @1.1.22    2 years ago

Hi Thomas! I do not know what is wrong with. . . people. I am sure that each has his or her perspective be it coherent or incoherent, right or wrong, or intending to hold back one group or another. Sigh* I, too, am old. . .er and can look back on. . .well, let's just say I am 'coming aware' that I have been watching and participating in the world not getting better because some politicians and their constituents stateside don't want one or another group to have liberties and freedoms beyond second-class citizenry.  And yes! This all becomes CLEARER as we watch these politicians working staunchly to claw-back and renege on progress made through court proceedings and precedence. Conservatives, some conservatives, including the 'smattering' of people of color in their ranks, simply want to be conservative because it works for them, nevermind that conservatism is seriously grave to others (liberals) to which they share this land.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.24  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.21    2 years ago

And that helps this discussion: HOW? Seriously Jack_TX . . . let's advance this 'groove' we're in and not let it languish in weakness. Deep discussion wins! If we have been hiring liars since our youth, there is no better time than this year to start hiring truth-tellers. It is not enough to rest on one's laurels and cry foul when we have it in our power to set positive standards and do better. Dig.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.23    2 years ago
Conservatives, some conservatives, including the 'smattering' of people of color in their ranks, simply want to be conservative because it works for them, nevermind that conservatism is seriously grave to others (liberals) to which they share this land.

Has it ever occurred to you that the opposite might also be true for those you complain about?

Maybe liberalism works for some but is seriously grave to conservatives.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @1.1.19    2 years ago
So what?  You weakly try to say that lying is "OKAY" by pointing to a former liar on the opposing side? We need maturity in this 'room.'

What are you talking about? No honest person can read what I wrote and claim its a defense of lying.  

All I did was point out when we stopped calling out liars. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.27  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.25    2 years ago

That sounds foolish. If this nation wants to live up to its stated standard of "liberty," "justice," and "freedoms (galore)" -then, it will need to end the segmenting of its citizens for all time. If this country (which was not native land to whites) does not want immigrants to be citizens of equal stature such that it picks and chooses who qualifies for fairer treatment and who gets 'base-line' fare-pull up its lying 'welcome mat' and send the statue of liberty back to where it came.

Because this schizoid and bi-polar conduct by some whites of wanting to be 'regular' while harboring grand ideas of social conquests is remarkably draining on the citizenry, and advances little of the diversity in humanity we have present in this country! As a nation we are NOT LIVING UP TO OUR POTENTIAL when we silence or diminish whole swaths of the citizenry.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.26    2 years ago
No honest person can read what I wrote and claim its a defense of lying.

That is undoubtedly true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.27    2 years ago
That sounds foolish.

I'm sure me mentioning the fact that it is a two-way street is upsetting.

I'm not here to make you feel better.

If this country (which was not native land towhites) does not want immigrants to be citizens of equal stature such that it picks and chooses who qualifies for fairer treatment and who gets 'base-line' fare-pull up its lying 'welcome mat' and send the statue of liberty back to where it came.

Doesn't matter now who was native to this land and who isn't. I trust most of us are more than willing to accept immigrants who choose to come here and stay here legally.  

Why DO you manage to work race into virtually everything?

Because this schizoid and bi-polar conduct by some whites of wanting to be 'regular' while harboring grand ideas of social conquests is remarkably draining on the citizenry, and advances little.

I consider your post to be a little racist in nature. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.30  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.26    2 years ago

Well Sean Treacy let me 'bite the bullet' and see if I can survive the shock! In your own mind, don't be like Bill Clinton or "us." Bill Clinton is receding into the dust of the past. Be a bigger, better, and stronger personality than Bill. Don't let him 'govern' your ability to state or support truth because of his shortcoming. Moreover, Bill did get called out. That is, we know about his LIE because it was exposed and he had to sweat it out in the legislative branch. He survived, nevertheless. And how is storytelling for another day.

But, in no way, should you or anybody else permit B. Clinton's lack of integrity (lying) to make you or them a weaker individual!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.31  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.29    2 years ago

Less repartee and more substance and self-examination please.  Not forthcoming? Well, one can certainly ask!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.32  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.1.24    2 years ago
And that helps this discussion: HOW? Seriously Jack_TX . . . let's advance this 'groove' we're in and not let it languish in weakness. Deep discussion wins! If we have been hiring liars since our youth, there is no better time than this year to start hiring truth-tellers. It is not enough to rest on one's laurels and cry foul when we have it in our power to set positive standards and do better. Dig.

Look, I'm not endorsing the practice. 

I'm simply saying that liars and thieves in public office should not be a surprise for anybody at this point.  I'm also saying it's not somehow magically worse now than it was in 1993 or 1973 or 1964 just because we happen to be caught up in the moment. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.31    2 years ago

Self-examination isn't a prerequisite for pointing out my opinion of your post. Which I found to be racist in nature.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.34  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.32    2 years ago

Donald J. Trump is trying and testing the principles and patience of good people to not stop down everything they are doing simply to dedicate themselves to getting rid of him and his lying idealism. Politics were complex enough before a 'chaos player' thrust himself into the mix. I do not dislike Trump for no good reason. I have always detested 'dirty bastards who abuse whole systems' - thus, I did not vote in the Gore presidential election cycle - because I could not support (or give satisfaction) a lying Clinton who violated my trust in him as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces-in the West Wing of all places. Military people, straight and homosexual, were being thrown-out for less (adultery/'affairs') without the privileges of the high office!

So I do not champion liars when they are unequivocally exposed in the act—no matter the side they portend to be on. I stand with truth. That is why I detest all this misinformation bull crap that muddies the political 'floor' and breathing spaces!

Clearly, politicians have plenty of compromising positions to take or stand on, because of a 'flaky,' flimsy, and sometimes questionable set of voters to which they must answer (or not as government internal policies dictate), so we give them some leniency under the circumstances. But, blatant, repetitive, and presumptuous lies - never!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.35  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.33    2 years ago

Maybe thou doth protesteth too much. Just be better towards others and attitudes can modulate over time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.35    2 years ago

maybe you don't know what you are talking about 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.37  1stwarrior  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.29    2 years ago

"Doesn't matter now who was native to this land and who isn't."

Ya might need to rethink that Texan.  There's a lot of legal stuff involved in that "who was native" - like 376 busted treaties.

Just say'n.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.37    2 years ago

ok.

what does that have to do with immigration?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.39  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.36    2 years ago

Your obfuscating comments are evidential proof that you can do better than this. But, of course, you don't wish it. You're perfectly content to play word games that make nothing better and bring up more unhelpful questions to readers' minds than any solutions!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.39    2 years ago

word games?

best edit your first sentence so it makes sense.

what word games have you imagined now?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.41  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.14    2 years ago

Hurt feelings?   jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif  

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.42  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.29    2 years ago
Doesn't matter now who was native to this land and who isn't. I trust most of us are more than willing to accept immigrants who choose to come here and stay here legally. 

Untrue. This country's some conservatives are dubious and always working to put immigrants of color in their place (as second class citizens); now under the control of conservatives under the control of the biggest, lying, fool in presidential history: Donald J. Trump.

So you need to stop 'untruthing.' But you can't help yourself at this point can you? I do not feel bad for your being stuck opposing truth to carry around a Trump 'load' of bull patty day in and day out.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.41    2 years ago

very good!

👍

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.42    2 years ago

OMG, enough with this some conservatives Crayola.

please, for the love of God, just stop the nonsense

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.45  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.44    2 years ago

Nope, I am going to continue to figuratively 'ride' some conservatives until they literally remember shame and what a conscience is. So, giddy-up!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.45    2 years ago

yawn.

is there anything worse than self righteous people pretending to be moral arbitrators of the rest of us?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.47  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.46    2 years ago

You're unique, Texan1211. Enjoy your status. You are even stand out among some conservatives!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.47    2 years ago

yeah, common sense is so rare you even have trouble recognizing it now.

don't worry, with practice, patience, and a good teacher, you can obtain some, too!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
MPU's outline suggests those assisted in being elected to be part of the fulcrum will work to "pass a federal reform bill" with a focus on "electoral reform, structural reform in Congress, ethics reform, and campaign finance reform."

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
What does "moderate" mean in this context?  Whatever big tech wants ? 

I could be wrong but after reading this i believe they are sincere.

Many wealthy people are right-wingers. But its inaccurate to stereotype them all that way.  

Ever hear of The Giving Pledge?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.3    2 years ago

I have made note of the fact that some of those who signed up to The Giving Pledge have in fact been keeping that pledge with substantial donations to good causes. 

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    2 years ago

Sign me up! Anything that will move away this political 'trash' we are facing as we get old. . .-er I am all for it! We can do much better that the base gutter politics of 'cut-throat' we are muddled in right now! Bring it on!!

I am aware that details matter, but we are treading on soft-wet 'soil' sloping downward into national war. . . so anything that can save lives, and let people live to see their children live is better than this!