╌>

Donald Trump and Mike Pompeo Shamelessly Praise Putin - Democrats

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  59 comments

By:   Democrats

Donald Trump and Mike Pompeo Shamelessly Praise Putin  - Democrats

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

February 22, 2022

As a general rule, it's usually good to avoid praising autocratic leaders who have deployed military forces into our ally's territory, but apparently Donald Trump and Mike Pompeo missed that memo. While President Biden is standing strong with our allies across the globe and engaging in intense, sustained diplomacy, Trump and Pompeo are openly and shamelessly praising Vladimir Putin.

Mike Pompeo has offered so much praise for Putin that his interviews are being broadcasted by Russian state TV.

Kansas City Star: "Of all the former secretaries of state under Democratic and Republican presidents, only one is taking to cable news and social media during a moment of peril in Europe to praise Russian President Vladimir Putin and chastise the Biden administration. Mike Pompeo has lauded the Russian strongman over the past month as a 'talented,' 'savvy,' 'capable statesman,' offering his praise during a slew of interviews after his political action committee spent $30,000 on improving his performance in media appearances."
Daily Beast's Julia Davis: "#Russia's state TV is proudly showing off Mike Pompeo's recent commentary, where he said about Putin: 'Very shrewd. Very capable. I have enormous respect for him.'"

The defeated former president has gone even further and called Putin a "genius" for violating Ukrainian territorial sovereignty.

Washington Post: "'Genius,' 'Savvy': Trump reacts to Putin's invasion of Ukraine exactly as you'd expect"

The Hill: "'I said, 'How smart is that? He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper,' added Trump, who regularly praised and sought close ties with Putin during his time in office. 'That's the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're going to keep peace, all right."

Donald Trump: "Putin is now saying, 'It's independent,' a large section of Ukraine. I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's gonna go in and be a peacekeeper … Here's a guy who's very savvy."

###

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I haven't seen the Pompeo video where he gives Putin a metaphorical blowjob on you tube yet , but when I see it there I will post it on this thread. It is pretty mind blowing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

You can see all the Putin supporters here give him the metaphorical blowjobs.   

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

I think you're failing to detect their sarcasm, John. They certainly don't support this "minor incursion" that Biden has been begging for, and now powerless to stop

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
2  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

Another Russian collusion conspiracy? How'd that work out for you?

Most polling shows Americans aren't buying this garbage anymore, furthermore most Americans are suspicious of the tone of our current administration with Russia. Talk tough, all while Russia sends 12 million barrels of oil a day to a US president on his knees begging.

Houston,  democrats have a problem, contact has been lost with reality.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Moose Knuckle @2    2 years ago

Democrats have gone hog wild over Ukraine and Putin. They need something to try and distract people from the shithole they are turning this country into. So everyone rally around Brandon; or else you are a Putin sympathizer.

Once a barrel of oil tops $150 a barrel the vast majority of Americans won't give a damn about Ukraine (not that they do now). Between gas prices and inflation people will be demanding answers from Brandon. The only thing he will be able to whisper loudly is "Russia, Russia, Russia!!!!"

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    2 years ago
Between gas prices and inflation people will be demanding answers from Brandon.

Will be demanding answers?  We're demanding answers now.  We've been demanding them since 20 January.  And all we've heard is the left crying about Trump every chance they get and distraction after distraction.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Moose Knuckle @2    2 years ago

[removed]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago

It really is too bad we can't praise the human fuck up machine in the Oval Office. Brandon can't stand up to our allies; much the less Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, or the Taliban.

Putin is a demonic asshole that doesn't give a shit about anyone other than himself. That doesn't make him stupid or incapable; or Brandon any more capable more by comparison; no matter how much the left wish it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago

Pompeo and Trump are talking and behaving like traitors. How many "conservatives" will join them?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

So rally around Brandon, or you are a Putin sympathizer? Peddle that shit elsewhere. Conservatives have far more important things to worry about. Like how to fix the human fuck up machine's border crisis, illegal immigration problem, crime problem, inflation, high gas prices, and trying to get the rest of those US citizens, green card holders, and special VISA holders out of Afghanistan that Brandon "turned the page on". If they have time left over they need to launch a full investigation into Hunter; and Biden's pay for play with China, Ukraine, and Russia while he was VP. They can use the same damn rules Democrats did while impeaching Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.1    2 years ago

Pompeo is positively praising Putin, pretty extensively, on the same day that Putin announced a virtual annexation of sovereign Ukrainian territory.

Get serious if you can.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

There ya go, tossing out that "T" word again. Weren't the Dems acting like traitors when they tried to overturn Trump's fair election with false charges of collusion?

By the way, The people in those two districts want to be annexed to Russia

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.1.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago

Weren't conservatives acting like traitors when they tried to overturn Obama's two fair elections with false charges of "he was born in Kenya"?  See, we can keep going on this.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago
Pompeo and Trump are talking and behaving like traitors.

We are not at war with Russia. If you want an example of a politician behaving like a traitor when we were actually at war, look no father than our current President, whose speeches against the first Gulf War were used by Saddam Hussein as propaganda. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.5    2 years ago

There doesn't have to be a war for someone to be a traitor. Check the definition.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago
There ya go, tossing out that "T" word again.

Get used to it, "T" boy is part of history. Y'all seem to have a problem with history that does not fit the prayerful preconceptions of the day.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @3.1.7    2 years ago

So is Brandon; but the left want to pretend Trump is still in the White House; or they never heard of him.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.8    2 years ago

If the left are pretending they never heard of Herr "T", then why are they bringing him up?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

We're supposed to take the source of this seriously?  Democrats.org?  The people who have been crying since November 2016?  

The whole premise of this seed is laughable.  But not surprising.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    2 years ago

Your commentary is what is laughable . Pompeo is on video extensively praising Putin last night.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

Please post the video.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    2 years ago

I will once I see it on YouTube

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    2 years ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

Is that supposed to change my mind somehow?  If it was you failed miserably (again).  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.4    2 years ago

There's no changing a closed mind.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @4.1.3    2 years ago

Thanks.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.4    2 years ago

I dont give a flying fuck what you change. Pompeo sounds like a traitor. You cant fix that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago
I dont give a flying fuck what you change.

And yet here you are still trying.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to    2 years ago

Removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.5    2 years ago
There's no changing a closed mind. 

That is true.

We see it daily in folks who refuse to read articles and links.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago
I dont give a flying fuck what you change. Pompeo sounds like a traitor. You cant fix that.

Maybe some of us don't value your opinion nearly as much as you do.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.14    2 years ago

This is something that Pompeo said about Putin LAST NIGHT

"I consider him to be an elegantly sophisticated counterpart"

You think that is defensible today?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago
I consider him to be an elegantly sophisticated counterpart"

You think that opinion is treasonous?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.16    2 years ago

I said he's a traitor. There is a difference between traitor and treason.

Our government is trying to forestall the invasion of Ukraine and at the exact same time Pompeo and Trump are literally praising the person doing the invading.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.19  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @4.1.3    2 years ago

Caption for the bottom picture.

"Just keep away from my Russian pee hookers and we won't have a problem Pompy.  Once Putie can get it up after me, you get sloppy seconds."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.19    2 years ago
Just keep away from my Russian pee hookers and we won't have a problem Pompy.  Once Putie can get it up after me, you get sloppy seconds."

Ah, that's cute. You still believe in the pee tapes existing. Do you believe in Santa Claus, too?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago

You think that is a traitorous statement?

It is Pompeo's opinion. We all know no one will ever call Brandon that. Is that what is really pissing you off?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5  Hallux    2 years ago

In the meantime the neo-right down south bashes Justin Trudeau for for being some kind of dictator. Well done Putin, now if you don't mind perhaps you could go back to bashing female rock bands ... that really makes you look strong to the current wave of misogynists. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    2 years ago

The "source" is questionable for this article, but it should come as no surprise considering what the source is.

MBFC: 

• Overall, we rate the Democratic National Committee moderately left-biased and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, numerous failed fact checks, and controversies.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @6    2 years ago

yet you fully endorse and support the polar opposite sources in the alt-right media...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @6.1    2 years ago
yet you fully endorse and support the polar opposite sources from the alt-right media...

You have not one fucking clue to what I endorse or support.

Why are you making this shit up?

Hell, to some numbnuts in the left, anything slightly right of CNN and MSNBC is alt-right.

It is to laugh at.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6    2 years ago

Pompeii and Trumps words about Putin are on video, to live in infamy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    2 years ago

Biased source.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    2 years ago

So you think it didn't happen ?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    2 years ago

Putin could drop a nuke on Kiev and these idiots would decry the footage of the mushroom cloud as biased if it were aired on one of their non-preappproved sites.  Oh - and it would be Biden’s fault too.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.2    2 years ago

Is that what you think you read?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.5  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    2 years ago

You said "biased source" so one could conclude that you don't believe the content of said source.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.5    2 years ago
ou said "biased source" so one could conclude that you don't believe the content of said source

One can always conclude any old thing they wish, and it doesn't have to be true or make sense.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.5    2 years ago
You said "biased source"

Actually, what passes for the Bible here--MBFC--called it biased. I am merely quoting them.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.8  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.7    2 years ago

Are you okay with what Trump and Pompeo said ?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.9  JBB  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.8    2 years ago

Good luck nailing that Jello to the wall...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.8    2 years ago
Are you okay with what Trump and Pompeo said ?

I think it could have gone unsaid. I don't think it was treasonous or anything stupid like that.

And since neither holds any office or power in the federal govt., I look at it as two private citizens voicing their own opinions. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.9    2 years ago
Good luck nailing that Jello to the wall...

Aren't you here to help her?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.12  Ronin2  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.3    2 years ago

Ah hyperbole. Quickly replacing sarcasm as the lowest form of humor.

First what would Putin gain by "dropping a nuke on Kiev"? Note the location of Ukraine to Russia. Note the number of Russian civilians still residing in Ukraine. Rather defeats the purpose. Putin wants Ukraine whole- maybe not the Ukrainians currently in it- but still a whole country he can transplant new Russians into. 

and these idiots would decry the footage of the mushroom cloud as biased if it were aired on one of their non-preappproved sites.

The left are the very last ones to say anything about "non-preapproved sites". NT is a prime example of narrow minded leftist values on approved sites.

Oh - and it would be Biden’s fault too.

You mean after Biden, Democrats, their surrogates in the media, and all the leftist lemmings out there got through blaming Trump.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.13  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.12    2 years ago

Ah hyperbole. Quickly replacing sarcasm as the lowest form of humor.

First what would Putin gain by "dropping a nuke on Kiev"?

Obviously you can’t even recognize sarcasm.  I didn’t think I needed to tag it as such.