╌>

Man Attacked 7 Asian Woman in Span of 2 Hours in NYC: Police - NBC New York

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  36 comments

By:   NBC New York

Man Attacked 7 Asian Woman in Span of 2 Hours in NYC: Police - NBC New York
The victims were all women, and in five of the unprovoked attacks, the man punched the victims in the face

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Police are searching for a man they said is responsible for seven separate attacks on Asian victims over the span of two hours across Manhattan.

Each of the attacks occurred between 6:30 p.m. and just after 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 27, taking place from midtown down to the Nolita neighborhood, according to police. The victims were all women, and in five of the attacks, the man punched the victim in the face.

The first victim, a 57-year-old woman, was attacked near Madison Avenue and East 30th Street, according to police. The man approached her and punched her in the face without any provocation or interaction beforehand, and then ran off.

Ten minutes later, police said another call came in about an assault on an Asian woman near Fifth Avenue and East 30th Street. In that incident, the suspect attacked a 25-year-old Asian woman, hitting her in the face and in the back of her arm, according to police.

The next attack, which police received a call about just five minutes later, occurred in the Flatiron District near Park Avenue South and East 23 Street, police said. The suspect punched a 21-year-old woman in the face, before moving over to the Gramercy section to attack two more women.

A 25-year-old woman was punched in the face near Irving Place and East 17 Street, police said, just minutes before a call came in around 7 p.m. about a 19-year-old woman getting elbowed in the face near Union Square East and East 17 Street.

Police said that the attacker made his way further south to East Houston Street and Mott Street in Nolita, where he elbowed a 25-year-old victim was elbowed in the mouth. In the final incident, just after 8:30 p.m., the suspect allegedly approached a 20-year-old woman on Broadway and East 8 Street in Greenwich Village and shoved her to the ground, without saying a word, according to police.

While some of the victims required hospitalization after being attacked, all are expected to recover. Each of the attacks were unprovoked, and no words were exchanged between the victims and the alleged attacker.

An investigation is ongoing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

The gop's racist rhetoric has consequences, again... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
The gop's hateful racist rhetoric has consequences, again...

Now, if you could only post a story to match your post.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 years ago

You must be having problems loading content because the story is right where it should be...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago
You must be having problems loading content because the story is right where it should be...

No, everything loaded just fine. I READ your seeded article and am still not seeing any connection to reality and your first comment.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Actually that's always been there to some degree.

But them violent hate crimes against Chinese-American suddenly spike, Dramatically.

And  that started right after people started, for some reason,  referring to Covid as "The Kung Flu"

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2    2 years ago

Actually that's always been there to some degree.

But them violent hate crimes against Chinese-American suddenly spike, Dramatically.

And  that started right after people started, for some reason,  referring to Covid as "The Kung Flu"

And of course at the same time many people started using the term "The China Virus".

That was totally irresponsible of the people who started that. Of course most people would hear those terms and not decide to violently attack Asians-- but there area lot of nutcases walking around. And not surprisingly  some of them thought the use of those two phrases meant that all Chinese-Americans were "the enemy"..and therefore should be attacked.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2.1    2 years ago

From everything I've read, those expressions started being used publicly by a fairly important Republican, one whose position enabled him to influence millions of people.  I wonder who that could have been?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.3  Drakkonis  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
The gop's racist rhetoric has consequences, again..

Totally agree. I'm completely ashamed of the fact that Republicans have told their constituents go out and punch non white people. I think I will become a woke Democrat. Thanks for leading me into the light, jbb 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3    2 years ago

You sound like you take your cues from Nick Fuentes.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Drakkonis  replied to  Gsquared @1.3.1    2 years ago
You sound like you take your cues from Nick Fuentes.

I would guess that you feel that way because you can't recognize sarcasm without an /s tag. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Gsquared  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.2    2 years ago

I recognize Nick Fuentes style sarcasm.

"Now they're going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler -- and they say that's not a good thing."  Nick Fuentes 2/26/2022.

Near identical "humor".

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.3.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Gsquared @1.3.3    2 years ago

You're entitled to your opinion. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

So where is the story pointing to any GOP racist rhetoric as a motive? There isn't one.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.4    2 years ago
So where is the story pointing to any GOP racist rhetoric as a motive?

In someone's head.

Not a damn thing in the seeded article points to conservatives or the GOP--it is all wild-assed conjecture not grounded in any sense of reality or truth.

Heck, the perpetrator never said one word to any victims.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Was the attacker of color?

Sounds like some woman hating left winger.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @1.5    2 years ago

Maybe even a spurned lover. Could be he had an Asian girlfriend who dumped him and he has decided to retaliate. Either that or he is a pussy who can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag and has to pick on women.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.5.2  Drakkonis  replied to  Greg Jones @1.5    2 years ago
Was the attacker of color?

Guy was white. 

Sounds like some woman hating left winger.

Isn't that the same sort of mistake jbb is making? Trying to attribute political motivations without any supporting evidence? 

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.6  goose is back  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
gop's racist rhetoric

I believe you're confused, isn't it Democrats that want to defund the police.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.7  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

???

Well that went 0 to completebatshit very quickly.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.7.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.7    2 years ago

"Kung Flu / China Virus". Is Trump in the gop?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.7.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @1.7.1    2 years ago

Out of curiosity, is there anything you don't blame on Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.7.3  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @1.7.2    2 years ago
Out of curiosity, is there anything you don't blame on Trump?

jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.7.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jack_TX @1.7.2    2 years ago

World War 2 and polio

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.7.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.7.4    2 years ago
World War 2 and polio

Don't give them any ideas.

He'll be responsible for the Viking invasion of England before long.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.7.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.7.3    2 years ago

What do you hold Trump responsible for?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.7.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.7.6    2 years ago
What do you hold Trump responsible for?

Why do you want to know?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I haven't heard about foreigners being attacked here in China in retaliation for the huge increase in Asian hate crimes in the USA, but when I go out I wear something that indicates I'm a Canadian and not an American just in case.  This takes me back about 60 years when American backpackers in Europe used to sew Canadian flags on their backpacks so they would not be identified as Americans.  Seems times haven't changed much. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago
This takes me back about 60 years when American backpackers in Europe used to sew Canadian flags on their backpacks so they would not be identified as Americans.  Seems times haven't changed much. 

Um, yeah. That had more to do with not being targeted by Soviet agents and sympathizers. 

shona1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  shona1  replied to  Drakkonis @2.1    2 years ago

Evening...did that when I travelled around Britain back packing..had a small flag on my pack... especially in Scotland and Wales as the English were not particularly welcome..

Whole places stopped when I walked in... especially pubs..they assumed I was English... treated with suspicion until finally asked the question... Where are you from?? Australia..oh we thought you were English!!!..then everything went back to normal..

Must admit it was some what unnerving at times...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drakkonis @2.1    2 years ago

Since I was travelling in Spain back then I knew that it had nothing to do with Soviet agents and sympathizers, it was the shopkeepers, the restauranteurs, the hotel staff, and the general public that did not like Americans, and I don't think they were all Soviet agents and sympathizers.  That was my actual experience - what was yours?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    2 years ago

Since I was a soldier in Germany at that time, it was in order to not be identified as an American to avoid being attacked for my ID card or approached by hostile intelligence officers. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drakkonis @2.1.3    2 years ago

Yeah, isn't it a shame Americans were so victimized back then, but no such concerns these days, eh?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago

The left jumping the shark yet again. This is NYC- a Democrat run bastion of stupidity- where all crime is rampant. The alleged perp is white- so the left instantly jumps on their racist horse; when there is an excellent chance he is a leftist loon that thinks he can get away with this shit given the lefts appeasement to their radical base.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
4  Nowhere Man    2 years ago

He's been busted...

Suspect in Anti-Asian Attack Spree Charged With Hate Crimes After Barricading in NYC Library

His name is Steven Zajonc...

They have released some history about him , but what is missing is his political affiliation which would be paramount to the assumptive accusation made in this article...

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1  zuksam  replied to  Nowhere Man @4    2 years ago

Everyone seems to want to blame this on political affiliation and racism but 99.9% of the time it ends up being Mental Illness. They'll try to blame it on their chosen demons but crazy doesn't often make sense. Something triggered him but for all we know he got shorted a chicken wing in his takeout order, it doesn't take much to set off crazy.