╌>

Dan Bongino Claims Visa, Mastercard May Cut Off Republicans

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Ken Meyer (Mediaite)

Dan Bongino Claims Visa, Mastercard May Cut Off Republicans
Fox News' Dan Bongino claimed the Left will look at Russia's increasing financial isolation as a source of inspiration for how to go after their domestic foes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Ken MeyerMar 6th, 2022, 2:19 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Fox News' Dan Bongino claimed it's "not a conspiracy theory" to believe the Left will look at Russia's increasing financial isolation as a source of inspiration for how to go after their domestic political enemies.

On Saturday, Bongino spoke to Kara Frederick of the Heritage Foundation about how the war in Ukraine is sparking concerns about Russian misinformation. Bongino claimed the war is sparking calls within the U.S. for more people to be censored, so he asked "Does the war in Ukraine open the door for these political narratives, for them to abuse that label and start attacking conservatives?"

"It absolutely opens the door. They are going to politicize everything they can," Frederick answered. "Remember, 'disinformation' for the Left means things that don't agree with our narrative, things that the Biden administration doesn't agree with."

Frederick continued to blame "the ruling class" and "big tech oligarchs" for the fog of war in Ukraine. The conversation came as Russia has launched a crackdown on independent news outlets, plus they shut down access to Facebook in response to the social media website's efforts to combat state-controlled media disinformation.

Eventually, Bongino turned toward the news that Visa and Mastercard are suspending their credit card services in Russia. This prompted the Fox host to wonder what kind of domestic implications this'll have.

The saddest part about this whole thing: I'm out to dinner with my wife tonight before I got on the air, and we're having a conversation, and she asked me about Mastercard. She's like 'What do you think about Mastercard cutting off Putin and Russia, and then PayPal and other payment services?' I said 'Y'know what? Ordinarily I would say wow that's really terrific, good, it will put some pressure on them.' But you know what seriously concerns me? That the Left will see this as a bat-signal to go and turn this on their political enemies here at home. And by the way, that's not a conspiracy theory! They've already done this kind of stuff.

Bongino claimed one example of this was Stripe last year when they stopped processing payments for the Trump campaign website. He neglected to point out that the company made their decision in the aftermath of January 6th, when they determined that the former president violated their policies by encouraging the violent mob which laid siege to the U.S. Capitol.

The discussion went on with Frederick claiming "Russia is a test run for what they can do to their domestic enemies here in the United States."

Watch above, via Fox News.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Dan BonginoKara FrederickMastercardRussiaVisa Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Scum like Dan Bongino are making America a degraded nation. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

From the mouth of idiots, the endless stream of stupidity continues to flow.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

I'm out to dinner with my wife tonight before I got on the air, and we're having a conversation, and she asked me about Mastercard. She's like 'What do you think about Mastercard cutting off Putin and Russia, and then PayPal and other payment services?' I said 'Y'know what? Ordinarily I would say wow that's really terrific, good, it will put some pressure on them.' But you know what seriously concerns me? That the Left will see this as a bat-signal to go and turn this on their political enemies here at home.

And they’re still together?  I would think that might be the point where she facepalms and says “you are truly an idiot, we’re done, my attorney will contact you.”  Apparently she is equally stupid.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

Bongino is a low IQ instigator who is making a little money off scaring low IQ "patriots" into thinking the world is against them. His wife probably appreciates his efforts. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago
His wife probably appreciates his efforts.

she's probably worried about her credit card status...

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    2 years ago

A lot of the right wing is so full of hatred.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Ender @4    2 years ago
A lot of the right wing is so full of hatred.

Hatred and fear is what gets republicans to the polls every 2 years.

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    2 years ago

Wow, his persecution complex is so extreme, he really needs some professional help. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

What a ding-dong this guy is.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Dan reminds me of Rachel.  It takes him half the show to make a point and by then I have no desire to even know what the point was.  Both unwatchable.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

I've got a conspiracy theory. All these right wing talking heads are Putin operatives. He tells them what to say and they say it. I think they should be investigated

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @8    2 years ago
I've got a conspiracy theory

Yeah, you're right.  Nothing more than a foil hat conspiracy theory.

I think they should be investigated

Is that supposed to be a threat?  Bring it!!!!!  

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @8    2 years ago

original

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @8.2    2 years ago

You like grossing me out, don't you?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.2  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.1    2 years ago

I thought you might get a giggle out of it...

Ender
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Ender  replied to  JBB @8.2    2 years ago

No you didn't...OMG...Haha