╌>

GOP lawmaker tells 'evil' Tucker Carlson why he's refusing to go on his 'self-serving' show

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  27 comments

By:   Sarah K. Burris (Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism)

GOP lawmaker tells 'evil' Tucker Carlson why he's refusing to go on his 'self-serving' show
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) was invited to be on Fox's Tucker Carlson Monday night, he said online. Instead, he told Carlson to take a flying leap and issued a video of his own to call out the reckless "reporting" from the opinion host. Sunday, Mother Jones revealed a Russian memo showing Russian off...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox News host Tucker Carlson (screen grab)

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) was invited to be on Fox's Tucker Carlson Monday night, he said online. Instead, he told Carlson to take a flying leap and issued a video of his own to call out the reckless "reporting" from the opinion host.

Sunday, Mother Jones revealed a Russian memo showing Russian officials are demanding that state TV programs promote Carlson's monologues.

"I got an invitation to do Tucker Carlson's show tonight," he said in the video. "And there's no way I'll go on his show for a number of reasons. But first, let me state that his insistence that the west was provoking war with Putin, his spreading lies about 'biolabs,' and his continued spewing of conspiracy theories are nothing but complete evil. His show is full of Russian propaganda and not news and I will not validate his show by making an appearance. I do not want to be associated with it in any way."

READ MORE: Jake Tapper levels Trump with years of receipts showing him taking Vladimir Putin's side

He went on to say that Carlson's goal to challenge Kinzinger on television is part of his agenda to help promote the propaganda.

"We know the interview would be promoted to get more viewers to make more money to further empower his garbage. And let's talk tactics: When Tucker interviews someone in a hostile way, he interrupts and laughs when he's caught in a lie," Kinzinger explained. "And after the segment is over, he brings on another guest to try and discredit any statement made by the prior guests without counter. He's not interested in conversations. He's only interested in himself. And at the end of the day, he'll continue to use his platform to deceive his all too trusting viewers and further his own sense of power."

Kinzinger also explained that this war is a serious one and conversations about it should be legitimate ones, not those filled with innuendo and propaganda. A self-serving showboat desperate for more clicks is the last thing the world needs, he noted.

Kinzinger closed by saying his goal tonight is to support Ukraine, not Carlson, and certainly not Russia.

See the video below:

Tucker Carlson invited me on his show tonight, but that\u2019s not going to happen\u2026ever. While he echoes Putin\u2019s lies, I\u2019ll remain focused on supporting the Ukrainian people. My video statement:pic.twitter.com/plfOhh6bNb — Adam Kinzinger (@Adam Kinzinger) 1647298826

SmartNewsFox News

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
"I got an invitation to do Tucker Carlson's show tonight," he said in the video. "And there's no way I'll go on his show for a number of reasons. But first, let me state that his insistence that the west was provoking war with Putin, his spreading lies about 'biolabs,' and his continued spewing of conspiracy theories are nothing but complete evil. His show is full of Russian propaganda and not news and I will not validate his show by making an appearance. I do not want to be associated with it in any way."

Bravo !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

www.mediaite.com   /tv/nicolle-wallace-attacks-fox-news-for-not-stopping-the-kremlin-from-airing-tucker-carlson-on-russian-tv/

Nicolle Wallace Attacks Fox News For Not Sending Kremlin ‘Cease and Desist Letter’ After Airing Tucker Carlson Clips

kipp-jones 3-3 minutes   3/14/2022

MSNBC’s   Nicolle Wallace   ripped Fox News for not sending Russian state media a cease and desist letter of its   use of clips   from   Tucker Carlson Tonight .

Tucker Carlson   has been against U.S. intervention in Ukraine since before Russian President   Vladimir Putin   launched the invasion of it last month

The Fox News host has gone as far as to describe Ukraine as an “authoritarian” state that jails political dissidents. Carlson has also lashed out at the White House for sanctioning private Russian citizens and seizing their property.

“How long before they accuse you of collusion or disloyalty, or some other hard-to-define crime, declare you an enemy of the state and then confiscate your bank account?”   Carlson asked his audience   last Friday.

Russian TV outlets have been airing such clips from Carlson in order to justify the unprovoked war in Ukraine.

On Monday’s   Deadline: White House , Wallace demanded to know why Fox News has not demanded it stop.

Addressing Bloomberg opinion columnist   Bobby Ghosh , Wallace launched an attack against Fox News that defied any solid rationale.

“So, Bobby, when I worked on campaigns, and I don’t bring up these days how often on this program, but if we used a news clip, the news organization was usually angry and sent out a cease and desist letter,” she said. “I remember in 2004, I think we used a clip or it could have been 2008, of a   Tim Russert   interview with someone I was working for.”

She continued,

[NBC News] did not want Tim Russert featured in any political advertising. Crickets. I have not seen Fox News send a cease and desist letter to the Kremlin to say, “Do not air an American broadcaster, and our most prominent, highest-rated one at that.” He is the crown jewel of Fox News. There’s been no cease and desist letter to the Kremlin to not run Tucker Carlson’s clips. Why not?

Ghosh called Fox’s failure to send a hostile foreign power a cease a desist letter “egregious” – if “true.”

Russia is currently   shelling women and children   as part of its indiscriminate campaign against Ukraine’s civilians. It does not appear as though those in Moscow would concern themselves with a civil threat from a news organization half a world away.

Wallace is aware of that – at least should be.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

www.huffpost.com   /entry/dick-durbin-tucker-carlson-putin-apologist_n_622fba5ce4b0b62820271eb1

Dick Durbin Slams Tucker Carlson As 'Apologist For Putin' In Senate Floor Speech

Josephine Harvey 3-3 minutes   3/14/2022

In a speech on the Senate floor Monday, Majority Whip   Dick Durbin   (D-Ill.) said   Fox News   host   Tucker Carlson   “should be ashamed of himself” for acting as an apologist for Russian President   Vladimir Putin .

Amid Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, parts of Carlson’s on-air spiels have been translated to serve as pro-Russia propaganda on Russian state-sponsored TV.

The   Fox News   host has blamed the U.S. for Russia’s war and repeated pro-Russia talking points, evidently nabbing the attention of the Kremlin, which   reportedly directed state media   to use clips of his broadcasts “as much as possible” earlier this month.

“When I hear apologists for Putin in America, I wonder who they are and what they’re made of,” Durbin said during a speech condemning Russian atrocities in Ukraine.

Tucker Carlson   is one that even the Russians are recommending that their friends in the media listen to. Making excuses on Fox for Vladimir Putin. There are no excuses. Not acceptable,” the senator said. “Mr. Carlson should be ashamed of himself.”

According to   a Mother Jones report   published over the weekend, a Russian government agency asked media and commentators in a March 3 memo to use clips of Carlson’s broadcasts because he “sharply criticizes” the actions of the U.S. and NATO and their “negative role in unleashing the conflict in Ukraine.”

On Thursday, ABC’s chief Washington correspondent, Jonathan Karl,   reported that   Carlson’s commentary justifying Russia’s attack on Ukraine has at times been an almost “word-for-word” recitation of Putin’s remarks.

Carlson has promoted these types of views for years. In 2019,   he asked , “Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? ... Why shouldn’t I root for Russia? Which I am.” Following backlash, he claimed he was joking.

As Russian aggression intensified in the lead-up to the invasion, Carlson defended Putin and criticized Ukraine, arguing that Ukraine was not a democracy.

After Putin began his brutal attacks on the neighboring nation and its civilians, Carlson   admitted that it had taken him   “by surprise” and that some of his analysis was wrong.

He has since   amplified a baseless Russian conspiracy theory   about secret U.S.-backed biological warfare labs in Ukraine.

Carlson and his Fox News colleague Laura Ingraham were also   featured in a speech by Durbin   on the Senate floor last year. On that occasion, Durbin slammed them for spreading anti-vaccine misinformation amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

Little Tuck Tuck got served.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

When was the last time we had a major traitorous media figure like Tuckio Rose ? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

When was the last time we had a major traitorous media figure like Tuckio Rose ? 

Hanoi Jane?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

Probably the last time we has a Republican president.

(Don't mean to imply that all Republican presidents were traitors-- they certainly weren't.

But the last one certainly was. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2    2 years ago

Probably the last time we has a Republican president.

(Don't mean to imply that all Republican presidents were traitors-- they certainly weren't.

But the last one certainly was. 

The video:

Trump's Loyalties

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

I can't think of one unless there was a shill in Korea and Vietnam

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

How about Axis Sally, a.k.a. Mary Elizabeth Gillars, an American broadcaster employed by the Nazis to broadcast Axis propaganda during WW II. She was the first woman tried and convicted of treason against the United States.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.4    2 years ago

Her name was actually Mildred Gillars, but you were close. She was convicted one count and got a 10-30 year sentence but only served about 11

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     2 years ago

Tucker should move to Russia, seems that he would fit right in.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @6    2 years ago

Yep, he can take that bastion of leftist liberal tolerance Joy Reid with him....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    2 years ago
A self-serving showboat desperate for more clicks is the last thing the world needs, he noted.

Well said.   Amazing that Fox News has so degraded from Brit Hume to Tucker Carlson, et. al.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @7    2 years ago
Well said.   Amazing that Fox News has so degraded from Brit Hume to Tucker Carlson, et. al.

Remember Shep Smith?

Chjris Wallace?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @7.1    2 years ago

Yes and I almost mentioned those very individuals.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Man afraid to debate, soon will be irrelevant.

Exciting.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 years ago

So anyone who refuses to "debate" Tucker Carlson is "afraid". You must worship the ground that pos walks on. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 years ago

I'm sure that Adam is afraid to debate a weenie like Tucker Carlson. /s

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @8.1.1    2 years ago

Fucker Carlson is a dog turd stuck on the bottom of a shoe to be scraped off and discarded.

JBB
Professor Principal
9  JBB    2 years ago

original

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
10  Wheel    2 years ago

Tuckems newest nickname is "Tuckyo Rose"

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1  JBB  replied to  Wheel @10    2 years ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.2  Texan1211  replied to  Wheel @10    2 years ago

Don't ya'll think that is rather juvenile?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @10.2    2 years ago
Don't ya'll think that is rather juvenile?

No. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.2.1    2 years ago
No. 

An obviously rhetorical question.

It is evident because they chose to post the silly, juvenile name-calling post.

I see you agree with them, so there's that to consider with your flippant answer to a rhetorical question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    2 years ago

275894859_10157237839552614_2691693127966625526_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s261x260&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=juAZdNWMfC8AX9Manpe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT89Xe6lWpMcu9_yLP4KJe_714sht5U71ghJ03hRU3Xt2Q&oe=6235EBA9