╌>

Trump Is Guilty of ‘Numerous’ Felonies, Prosecutor Who Resigned Says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  126 comments

Trump Is Guilty of ‘Numerous’ Felonies, Prosecutor Who Resigned Says
“The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did,” Mr. Pomerantz wrote. Mr. Pomerantz and Mr. Dunne planned to charge Mr. Trump with falsifying business records, specifically his annual financial statements — a felony in New York State.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of the senior Manhattan prosecutors who investigated Donald J. Trump believed that the former president was “guilty of numerous felony violations” and that it was “a grave failure of justice” not to hold him accountable, according to a copy of his resignation letter.

The prosecutor, Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted his resignation last month after the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, abruptly stopped pursuing an indictment of Mr. Trump.

Mr. Pomerantz, 70, a prominent former federal prosecutor and white-collar defense lawyer   who came out of retirement to work on the Trump investigation , resigned on the same day as Carey R. Dunne, another senior prosecutor leading the inquiry.

Mr. Pomerantz’s Feb. 23 letter, obtained by The New York Times, offers a personal account of his decision to resign and for the first time states explicitly his belief that the office could have convicted the former president. Mr. Bragg’s decision was “contrary to the public interest,” he wrote.

“The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did,” Mr. Pomerantz wrote.

Mr. Pomerantz and Mr. Dunne planned to charge Mr. Trump with falsifying business records, specifically his annual financial statements — a felony in New York State.

Mr. Bragg’s decision not to pursue charges then —   and the resignations that followed   — threw the fate of the long-running investigation into serious doubt. If the prosecutors had secured an indictment of Mr. Trump, it would have been the highest-profile case ever brought by the Manhattan district attorney’s office and would have made Mr. Trump the first American president to face criminal charges.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
March 23, 2022

The following is the full text of the resignation letter by Mark Pomerantz, who had investigated former President Donald J. Trump, but left after the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, halted an effort to seek an indictment.

Dear Alvin,

I write to tender my resignation as a Special Assistant District Attorney and to explain my reasons for resigning.

As you know from our recent conversations and presentations, I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the Penal Law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition. His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people. The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.

In late 2021, then-District Attorney Cyrus Vance directed a thorough review of the facts and law relating to Mr. Trump’s financial statements. Mr. Vance had been intimately involved in our investigation, attending grand jury presentations, sitting in on certain witness interviews, and receiving regular reports about the progress of the investigation. He concluded that the facts warranted prosecution, and he directed the team to present evidence to a grand jury and to seek an indictment of Mr. Trump and other defendants as soon as reasonably possible.

This work was underway when you took office as District Attorney. You have devoted significant time and energy to understanding the evidence we have accumulated with respect to the Trump financial statements, as well as the applicable law. You have reached the decision not to go forward with the grand jury presentation and not to seek criminal charges at the present time. The investigation has been suspended indefinitely. Of course, that is your decision to make. I do not question your authority to make it, and I accept that you have made it sincerely. However, a decision made in good faith may nevertheless be wrong. I believe that your decision not to prosecute Donald Trump now, and on the existing record, is misguided and completely contrary to the public interest. I therefore cannot continue in my current position.

Sign up for the New York Today Newsletter  Each morning, get the latest on New York businesses, arts, sports, dining, style and more. Get it sent to your inbox.

In my view, the public interest warrants the criminal prosecution of Mr. Trump, and such a prosecution should be brought without any further delay. Because of the complexity of the facts, the refusal of Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization to cooperate with our investigation, and their affirmative steps to frustrate our ability to follow the facts, this investigation has already consumed a great deal of time. As to Mr. Trump, the great bulk of the evidence relates to his management of the Trump Organization before he became President of the United States. These facts are already dated, and our ability to establish what happened may erode with the further passage of time. Many of the salient facts have been made public in proceedings brought by the Office of the Attorney General, and the public has rightly inquired about the pace of our investigation. Most importantly, the further passage of time will raise additional questions about the failure to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his criminal conduct.

To the extent you have raised issues as to the legal and factual sufficiency of our case and the likelihood that a prosecution would succeed, I and others have advised you that we have evidence sufficient to establish Mr. Trump’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we believe that the prosecution would prevail if charges were brought and the matter were tried to an impartial jury. No case is perfect. Whatever the risks of bringing the case may be, I am convinced that a failure to prosecute will pose much greater risks in terms of public confidence in the fair administration of justice. As I have suggested to you, respect for the rule of law, and the need to reinforce the bedrock proposition that “no man is above the law,” require that this prosecution be brought even if a conviction is not certain.

I also do not believe that suspending the investigation pending future developments will lead to a stronger case or dispel your reluctance to bring charges. No events are likely to occur that will alter the nature of the case or dramatically change the quality or quantity of the evidence available to the prosecution. There are always additional facts to be pursued. But the investigative team that has been working on this matter for many months does not believe that it makes law enforcement sense to postpone a prosecution in the hope that additional evidence will somehow emerge. On the contrary, I and others believe that your decision not to authorize prosecution now will doom any future prospects that Mr. Trump will be prosecuted for the criminal conduct we have been investigating.

I fear that your decision means that Mr. Trump will not be held fully accountable for his crimes. I have worked too hard as a lawyer, and for too long, now to become a passive participant in what I believe to be a grave failure of justice. I therefore resign from my position as a Special Assistant District Attorney, effective immediately.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Well Alvin, charge or get off the pot.  Whoops...he did get off!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

What is it exactly that Trump is innocent of ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

You answered your own question. BTW aren't you tired of posting Trump seeds?  He's not exactly a news story anymore.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

lol.  This news story was in the New York Times yesterday. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 years ago

I just thought of it - that avatar needs to be challenged. Let me add a note.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

Trump still puts out press releases and hands out and pulls back his political endorsements daily plus he is still raising money and making threats to run again. So, that is false grace!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.4    2 years ago

Not really news worthy. You may have missed it but a month ago your friend JR was telling me why a NY subway victim wasn't news worthy. I'm just trying to be consistent.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    2 years ago

Hillary Clinton hasn't held office for nine years!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @2.1.6    2 years ago

Yet here you are bringing her up!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.7    2 years ago

Strange place to insert that comment in response since Vic said nothing about Ms. Clinton

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.9  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.8    2 years ago

Not in context of still seeding Hillary articles!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.7    2 years ago

If you see nothing hypocritical about bitching about John seeding Trump articles because they are "not newsworthy" while still posting Hillary articles then I don't know what to tell you because it is damn plain to everyone else...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.1.10    2 years ago

I just went back through 70 of Vic's contributions and not ONE was a dedicated Hillary article. Closest was one about the special counsel investigation into the accusations against Trump.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.11    2 years ago

Could you be more pusillanimously pickaune?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.1.12    2 years ago

Great to see you present the site with a new word a day. I bet everyone thinks it's cute. Sorry, but I proved your bullshit wrong. Deal with it.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.13    2 years ago

Where did you prove me wrong? I missed it...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.1.14    2 years ago

"Hillary Clinton hasn't held office for nine years!" 

In response to this at 2.1.5

"Not really news worthy. You may have missed it but a month ago your friend JR was telling me why a NY subway victim wasn't news worthy. I'm just trying to be consistent."

Not one iota of mentioning Ms. Clinton so I posted 2.1.8

"Strange place to insert that comment in response since Vic said nothing about Ms. Clinton

And you at 2.1.9

"Not in context of still seeding Hillary articles!"

To which I showed you that still seeding Hillary articles was/is/will always be...........unadulterated bullshit.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.13    2 years ago

So he got a word a day calendar for Christmas. Maybe you'll ask for one next year

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.12    2 years ago
Could you be more pusillanimously pickaune?

Could you possibly be more wrong?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.16    2 years ago

i want one

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

He may be guilty but he will never be convicted let alone indicted

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago

That's odd! The entire system is geared to get him. What keeps him free?

After all he runs afoul of progressive ideology, thus he must be criminally prosecuted!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago
After all he runs afoul of progressive ideology, thus he must be criminally prosecuted!

lol

I have no doubt whatsoever that you could write everything you know about Donald Trump, outside of his MAGA realm, on one of your fingernails. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

I have 4 years to be proud of as an American.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Since when did you start talking to me again?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

Then you are ashamed of all the Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush and Bush II years? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

I take that to mean that you agree that you know next to nothing about Trump outside of his political activity. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.3    2 years ago

After you spoke to me on that Meta seed you felt you had to delete,

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.4    2 years ago

Obviously the era of Eisenhower and Reagan are long gone. This is the era of the left.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.6    2 years ago

You replied to me first. And the only reason I thought about deleting it is because I don't it's right to have duplicate articles in 2 seperate groups. I can't help it if you don't feel safe in HD

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

That is NOTHING to be proud of.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.1.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    2 years ago

What isn't?

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 years ago

Yup... There is as much left posting about Trump's guilt and imminent incarceration as there was for Hillary's from the right. I'm still waiting for any of them to be indicted.

LOL! I just had a thought... How long before hear that reason Trump was never indicted is a Deep State conspiracy?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  evilone @3.2    2 years ago

There were two problems with indicting Trump, neither of which point to innocence.  First, no district attorney wants to be the first one in US history to criminally indict a former president. I suppose that would make him political enemies, and secondly, white collar crime is greatly under prosecuted in America. Trump or his lawyers would get in court and say "everybody does this in the real estate industry" and claim Trump was being persecuted, even though the activity is a felony. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago
First, no district attorney wants to be the first one in US history to criminally indict a former president.

That is nothing but a crock of shit. I refuse to be so damn naive as to pretend NO ONE wants to prosecute Trump--after all, a conviction would give whoever does it fame and fortune, make them a hero among the left wing, and probably catapult them into national prominence in Democratic circles if they want to run for US Senator or President.

Either they should prosecute Trump or shut the fuck up about him.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

just like the attorneys who think the Clinton committed felonies.

that never bothered you. Why should this?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 years ago

And could never prove any wrongdoing!  Despite many years of digging.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago

Evidence did appear in the Whitewater case after the statute of limitations expired, remember?

"Clinton’s missing Rose Law billing records were the subject of no fewer than three federal investigations. These records, including a computer printout of her billings performed on behalf of Guaranty, were under subpoena by both Congress and the independent counsel.

They mysteriously materialized on a hallway table in the White House residence in January 1996 — conveniently after the statute of limitations in the case had expired."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago

ALL AMOUNTING TO NOTHING

TO THIS DAY THEY ISN'T DURHAM INVESTIGATING HER?  WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    2 years ago
TO THIS DAY THEY ISN'T DURHAM INVESTIGATING HER? 

WHAT?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    2 years ago

And yet, after a historical effort by the left to find something to convict Trump on.    After thousands, probably  millions of investigative man hours, multi millions of tax dollars, Trump still walks free.

He does however continue to live rent free in the TDS ridden mind.

Amazing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5    2 years ago

Are you calling this prosecutor a liar?  

I doubt you know any more about this case than Vic does. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

I know the prosecutor resigned.    I know Trump is still not jail.  

Two inconvenient facts that destroy most of your preferred narratives here.   One needs to be very dull indeed to not comprehend those simple realities.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted] Talking in boring generalities just indicates you know nothing about what Trump was under investigation for. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 years ago

Lol .... in my world facts are not generalities.    They are detailed facts.    Very compelling facts in this case.   It’s clear that for some strange reason, your mileage varies on this.

Likely just a symptom of a bad case of TDS.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago
I know Trump is still not jail.

Do you believe that everyone who has ever committed a crime has gone to jail?

I know you'll try to deflect from answering, but the choices are simply "YES" or "NO".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    2 years ago

Be honest, you know nothing about Donald Trump other than you like his attacks on liberals and Democrats. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    2 years ago

Yes, most people who have been exposed to millions of man hours of investigations and not convicted, are likely not guilty but at minimum, are still entitled to a key component of our justice system.

Innocent until proven guilty.

No amount of TDS overrides that.    Some people here would do well to remember that.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 years ago

Here is a reality. The new head AG decided not to take this to trial. Two of the lead prosecutors resigned in protest. 

Given that any Democrat that brings Trump down will punch their ticket directly to the White House; don't you think that they would have prosecuted if they thought they had an iron clad case?

However, if they prosecute and lose, their career will be flushed immediately down the toilet. 

With the rabidity of TDS pressing on them; you would think just 1 would attempt to go to trial if they even thought they stood the slightest chance of winning. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.7    2 years ago

And the other thing is, this guy is speaking up as if he has all the dirt necessary for felony charges when indeed if he did, he should have stayed the course. He needs to be in the limelight and is using his claims to draw attention. I wonder if it is because he doesn't have a job and is auditioning. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 years ago

Stop trying to put words in my mouth John.     You are really, really bad at it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.7    2 years ago
The new head AG decided not to take this to trial. Two of the lead prosecutors resigned in protest. 

One would think if they really believed in their convictions, they would have stayed and fought for them.    

But .. we are talking about lawyers here after all ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.9    2 years ago

Your own words almost always pertain to your outrage about something the left has said or done. 

Almost never pertain to particular facts. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago
I know the prosecutor resigned.    

The prosecutors resigned because:

@ 1 I believe that your decision not to prosecute Donald Trump now, and on the existing record, is misguided and completely contrary to the public interest. I therefore cannot continue in my current position.

Do you ignore the summary conclusions of the prosecutors and only recognize the action of the DA and thus conclude that Trump did nothing illegal?   Do you also ignore the remarkable dropping of Trump as a client by his CPA firm?:

Former President Donald Trump's longtime accounting firm has dropped him as a client and informed the Trump Organization it shouldn't rely on a decade of financial statements the firm prepared for him, as investigations into potential financial fraud swirl around the ex-president.   

It is not JR who is ignoring inconvenient facts.

I know Trump is still not jail.

Meaningless; one cannot be found guilty and sentenced if the DA does not even pursue an indictment.   Not being indicted does not mean 'not guilty' so your labeling this TDS is ridiculous.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.8    2 years ago
And the other thing is, this guy is speaking up as if he has all the dirt necessary for felony charges when indeed if he did, he should have stayed the course.

He doesnt run the office.  If the boss says we are not prosecuting why would he stay and go through the motions? I doubt if he cares about the limelight. He worked on this for a couple years and no one in the general public knew his name. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.11    2 years ago

My post, 5.1.1, which started this little exchange, are both facts applicable in this case.    So your comment is just more disingenuous claptrap.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.13    2 years ago

If he really believed what he is saying, why would he not go over the DA's head and blow the whistle on him for "giving up"? Sounds lazy and not dedicated to me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.12    2 years ago

Opinions do vary.    

Once again, ours are nearly polar opposites.  Nothing new there.

All my comments here stand ..... as is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.15    2 years ago

His resignation letter was printed , in full, in the New York Times. He does "blow the whistle" on giving up

I have worked too hard as a lawyer, and for too long, now to become a passive participant in what I believe to be a grave failure of justice.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.17    2 years ago

I guess he’s content to let others fight for his convictions.

Weak sauce, very week sauce.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.16    2 years ago
Opinions do vary.    

How insightful ... again with your favorite platitude.

All my comments here stand ..... as is.

Oh, well, that changes everything!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.19    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.12    2 years ago
Not being indicted does not mean 'not guilty' so your labeling this TDS is ridiculous.

It's almost as if some don't have even a basic knowledge of law. One cannot get a conviction until one gets an indictment. Like impeachment. An impeachment does not mean that an official will be ousted from office

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.22  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.19    2 years ago
Oh, well, that changes everything!

Lol .... so does approval from the NT queen of PA ..... hilarious!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.15    2 years ago
... why would he not go over the DA's head and blow the whistle on him for "giving up"?

A common way in which a subordinate protests incompetence or unscrupulous decisions of one's boss is to resign.    These high level resignations trigger news coverage like this. 

The attorneys cannot force an indictment but they most certainly can raise questions to the public via high visibility (newsworthy) resignations.   And that is what they did.    

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.23    2 years ago

Two prosecutors resigned on the same day. That was a dead giveaway that the reason was related to the DA decision not to charge Trump. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.25  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.6    2 years ago
Yes, most people who have been exposed to millions of man hours of investigations and not convicted, are likely not guilty

And I'm sure you apply that same logic to Hillary Clinton, right?

But Hunter Bidens laptop! But Burisma! But Hillary! But Joe Biden and China! Hell, conservatives willingness to believe Qanon theories and the way Republicans twist facts and truth and throw out unfounded accusations I've no doubt some poorly educated conservatives watching the confirmation hearings probably think Judge Katanji Brown Jackson is somehow a convicted pedophile.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.26  JBB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.25    2 years ago

You expect intellectual honesty? Good Luck...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.25    2 years ago

The comedy show Reno 911 did a movie about QANon - they were seeking Q on a Q Booze Cruise - the greeter on the cruise - after confiscating weapons - said 'Don't forget to own the libs' which is what today's alleged conservatives live for.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.25    2 years ago
I've no doubt some poorly educated conservatives watching the confirmation hearings probably think Judge Katanji Brown Jackson is somehow a convicted pedophile.

Who teaches CRT in her spare time

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.6    2 years ago
Yes, most people who have been exposed to millions of man hours of investigations and not convicted, are likely not guilty but at minimum, are still entitled to a key component of our justice system.

And you have evidence to this "millions of hours"?  Or did you just throw that in to avoid a direct answer to my question?

Another deflection since it has nothing to do with my question.  Plus, you and certain other right wing commenters on these forums have shown over and over that "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies to republicans (i.e. "Lock her up").

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.29    2 years ago

Yawn .... time to crawl out from under your partisan rock and smell the bullshit you’re shoveling ozzy ...... but I won’t wait for that to happen.    

Better chance of Spider Monkeys flying out of my ass than that happening.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
One of the senior Manhattan prosecutors who investigated Donald J. Trump believed that the former president

So he BELIEVED that Trump was guilty.  No evidence provided.  No charges filed.  No court proceedings.  Just the BELIEF of somebody who quit the investigation. 

Isn't this the same investigation where the evidence wasn't lining up with what they were looking for?

Sounds like EVERY liberal here on NT.  "Trump's guilty!!  Trump's guilty!!  (insert random liberal rambling here) IS THE SMOKING GUN!"  Then when it comes to provide evidence of it - NOTHING BUT CRICKETS.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago
So he BELIEVED that Trump was guilty.  

Yes he believes Trump is guilty.   That is the fact on the table.   The attorney is either lying or is stating his personal conclusion.

No evidence provided.

So what are you trying to say?   That the attorney has no evidence??   Why would you presume something so unlikely?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    2 years ago
That is the fact on the table.

Yeah, that's not a fact.  That's a feeling.  

So what are you trying to say?   That the attorney has no evidence??  Why would you presume something so unlikely?

I don't sugar coat anything.  There is NO. EVIDENCE. PROVIDED.  All he's giving is his feeling on it.  

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.1    2 years ago

If the evidence was provided without official charges filed the gop would lose its minds!

I know what you are thinking. What minds?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.1    2 years ago
Yeah, that's not a fact.  That's a feeling.

No, Jeremy, it is a fact that the attorney believes Trump is guilty.   

There is NO. EVIDENCE. PROVIDED.  All he's giving is his feeling on it.  

Seriously, you write this crap thinking that someone would be persuaded by the fact that an attorney did not publish his evidence on a case that his boss chose to not pursue?    That you conclude that the attorney who has publicly stated that he has no doubt that Trump is guilty of felonies actually has no evidence to support such a claim?   That his public declaration is all bullshit?

How utterly stupid and career-damaging would that be for an attorney?   Buy a vowel.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.3    2 years ago
No, Jeremy, it is a fact that the attorney believes Trump is guilty.

And his statement means the same as yours - not a goddamn thing without anything to back it up.  If there were evidence to get a guilty verdict, the charges would have been filed and court proceedings would have started.  In this case, none of that happened.  This is all feeling.  Much like every liberal / leftist since 2016.  

Seriously, you write this crap thinking that someone would be persuaded by the fact that an attorney did not publish his evidence on a case that his boss chose to not pursue?

Then I recommend that you do some actual research on this investigation instead of listening to what the TDS driven seeders want you to see.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.5  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.4    2 years ago

Obviously nothing except dragging the former President in front of a jury, convicting him and sentencing him to prison will ever satisfy you!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.4    2 years ago
If there were evidence to get a guilty verdict, the charges would have been filed and court proceedings would have started.

That is beyond naive.  

Then I recommend that you do some actual research on this investigation instead of listening to what the TDS driven seeders want you to see.

You again presume, incorrectly.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.5    2 years ago
Obviously nothing except dragging the former President in front of a jury, convicting him and sentencing him to prison will ever satisfy you!

Isn't that the exact thing Democrats have been looking to happen for over 5 years now?

Did that change now?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.8  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.7    2 years ago

Then do not cry when it eventually happens...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.8    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.9    2 years ago

Merrick Garland says that prosecuting those who conspired to enact Trump's January 6th Insurrection is Job One. Trump's Insurrection!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    2 years ago
Merrick Garland says that prosecuting those who conspired to enact Trump's January 6th Insurrection is Job One. Trump's Insurrection!

Is it possible that one day you will post a reply to me remotely related to what I have ACTUALLY posted?

Any AT ALL??????

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @6.1.5    2 years ago

THAT is how guilt is proven in our actual judicial system.  Not the wanna be system you and many others seem to be running with.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.12    2 years ago

Now you move the goalposts.   Of course Trump is not legally guilty until he is found guilty by a court of law.   But that is not your argument.   You argued that there was insufficient evidence against Trump because if sufficient evidence exists the DA would have issued the indictment.

Your argument presumes the attorneys were lying about having evidence that would convince a reasonable person that Trump is guilty and naively ignores the distinct possibility of political pressure on the DA causing an abrupt change of direction.

The reality is that Trump not being indicted means that he will not be found guilty but that certainly does not imply that he is innocent.   So when people consider the other factors such as Trump's CPA firm dropping him as a client, declaring his records unreliable and this abrupt change of direction precipitating the lead attorneys to resign with a declaration that the evidence of Trump's guilt was compelling, it is not TDS to suspect that Trump is in fact guilty as charged; it is a rational assessment of the facts at hand.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    2 years ago
Now you move the goalposts.   Of course Trump is not legally guilty until he is found guilty by a court of law.

Didn't move any goal posts.  That's been my premise from the start.  You all just can't seem to understand that.

But that is not your argument.   

I'm up for a laugh for the weekend, what is my argument?  

You argued that there was insufficient evidence against Trump because if sufficient evidence exists the DA would have issued the indictment.

I didn't say there wasn't sufficient evidence.  I said that the evidence isn't lining up or there are inconsistencies in the evidence (something like that).  This was reported a week or so ago in another "buuuuttttt Truuuummmmppp" piece much like this one.  

Your argument presumes the attorneys were lying about having evidence that would convince a reasonable person that Trump is guilty and naively ignores the distinct possibility of political pressure on the DA causing an abrupt change of direction.

That's you opinion.  Not what I said (again).  I didn't presume a damn thing about the attorney. I STATED he's expressing his FEELINGS on the case.  

The reality is that Trump not being indicted means that he will not be found guilty but that certainly does not imply that he is innocent.

Also does not mean he's guilty.  Until a trial happens there is that INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY thing.  Something that the left and yourself have ignored from the start.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    2 years ago

Supporters of Trump, are immune to logic being reason and coincidences just more coincidental bridgework on tunnel vision over what they B leave they Sea shed via tears tearing at their soles warn and frayed to have to admit that they got Laid, as he FCkd them like a Dawg, Rover and Rover that bridge too far to tunnel as they refuse to cave, yet face, they can't save, so they stave off , the inevita bull , shit Philled technicalities to a void the realities in the a voided space in their heads, that role off models directing them to the dulles port of air inn these said Heads, that a tempt talk, yet know knot how hard, for any to believe that even THEY BELIEVE, how stupid it and they do sound with silent evidence that no grounds exist where the wavering wanna be whimsical wimp sickle sucking Putin play boy toy humper of porn stars named Joy thrown to illuminate light, years blown past cause always Russian too fast to prematurely draw any correlation  B tween tens of thousands of coincidentally, unrelated correlations, that any could ever construe where as Trump FCkd them and this Nay stammering indignation, poor excuse pretender of a once great nation, now in serious denial and decline, but as long as they "think", they got theirs, you , i, and so many, will never, be too inclined , too overtake and not see for they, the ones who would rather choose to be blind ,and how by blocking out reality, the TRUTH, like Donny will not ever be admitted

even while theycontinue to suck up watt ever they heard and remain (where they probably should still be) asz that would be

COMMITTED !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.16  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    2 years ago

The replies you are getting are nonsense. 

If there were evidence to get a guilty verdict, the charges would have been filed and court proceedings would have started.  In this case, none of that happened.  This is all feeling. 

Its a shame that sincere people on Newstalkers have to put up with this garbage every day. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.14    2 years ago
That's been my premise from the start. 

Then you are arguing against a notion that nobody here has posited.   Of course one cannot be legally guilty without a trial.   Nobody is arguing that Trump is legally guilty.   The point, at least my point, has been that the facts suggest that Trump did indeed engage in illegal activity.   But of course nobody will know for certain since the DA has killed the case.

I STATED he's expressing his FEELINGS on the case.  

Which is bullshit.   The attorney did not claim that his 'feelings' told him that Trump is guilty.   He gave a summary legal analysis of his findings.   That is a conclusion from analysis, not 'feelings'.

Also does not mean he's guilty.  

Again, you play the bullshit game of arguing against that which nobody has suggested.    Strawman arguments are lame and weak.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago
So he BELIEVED that Trump was guilty.  No evidence provided.  No charges filed.  No court proceedings.  Just the BELIEF of somebody who quit the investigation. 

Do you seriously believe this man could not cite evidence? He specifically writes that the investigating team has "no doubt" that Trump committed numerous financial crimes.  That "no doubt" doesnt come at the beginning of the investigation, it comes at the end. 

Come on man, make some sense. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    2 years ago
Do you seriously believe this man could not cite evidence?

If any evidence could be provided charges would be filed.  Instead the investigation was dropped and he resigned.  Like I said this is just, yet another "Trump's guilty!!  Trump's guilty!!  (insert random liberal rambling here) IS THE SMOKING GUN!" that has ended in, yet another, FAILURE.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.1    2 years ago

You are embarrassing yourself. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    2 years ago

Does that on a daily basis.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    2 years ago

Not as much as you do with these Trump seeds you keep posting.  You want him to go away but at the same time you present this?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.5    2 years ago

You are in over your head, as usual. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.7  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.5    2 years ago

Yes, it would be nice if Trump went away and quit making himself a newsworthy baboon...

Walking talking orangutans are always news!

No offense intended towards any great apes.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.1    2 years ago

You really should at least skim the seed before you comment:

The prosecutor, Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted his resignation last month after the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, abruptly stopped pursuing an indictment of Mr. Trump.

Mr. Pomerantz, 70, a prominent former federal prosecutor and white-collar defense lawyer   who came out of retirement to work on the Trump investigation , resigned on the same day as Carey R. Dunne, another senior prosecutor leading the inquiry.

Mr. Pomerantz’s Feb. 23 letter, obtained by The New York Times, offers a personal account of his decision to resign and for the first time states explicitly his belief that the office could have convicted the former president. Mr. Bragg’s decision was “contrary to the public interest,” he wrote.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.5    2 years ago

Then why do you visit these seeds?

Never mind. I know the answer to that one

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.10  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.1    2 years ago

Thank you for providing the truth on here Jeremy, as you do every day

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.11  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.6    2 years ago

John, what would you do if Trump really did go away?

What would you post about?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2.12  Jack_TX  replied to  bugsy @6.2.11    2 years ago
What would you post about?

How big a racist you are because people you never knew once owned slaves you also never knew and you don't experience debilitating guilt over it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @6.2.7    2 years ago
Yes, it would be nice if Trump went away

Then I recommend you get with the other TDS sufferers here on NT and get everybody to stop bringing him up at the drop of a hat.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.8    2 years ago

Read it.  Laughed at what you quoted.  Wrote if off as another hissy fit by somebody who failed to bring down Trump.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.9    2 years ago
Then why do you visit these seeds?

For a laugh.  You all are hilarious with the "This is the smoking gun!" crap.  How many times have you all claimed that and it failed now?  8 times?  9?  

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.16  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.13    2 years ago

Butt, you were all over "Trump suing Hillary"?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @6.2.16    2 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is another one of the "facts only in YOUR head"  Provide a link to me being all in on that. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago

Releasing evidence found in criminal investigations before charges are filed is professional misconduct.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago
Sounds like EVERY liberal here on NT.  "Trump's guilty!!  Trump's guilty!!  (insert random liberal rambling here) IS THE SMOKING GUN!"  Then when it comes to provide evidence of it - NOTHING BUT CRICKETS.

100% right.

Now I suppose we will have to endure listening to the left declare Trump guilty of this or that for the rest of our lives, since thus far, no convictions.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.4.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.4    2 years ago

Saying that BS while righties are still alleging unproven Clinton crimes is FALSE GRACE...

FALDEGRAS!

Bill Clinton has not held any office for twenty one years and Hillary has not for nine. Understand?

This is an actual current news story, so deal...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.4.1    2 years ago

For God's sake, man, if you want to blather on about Hillary and Bill, open a seed up about them.

DO NOTE NOT ONE DAMN WORD IN MY POST RELATING TO CLINTONS.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.4.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.4.2    2 years ago

Yet you think news about Trump is not news...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.4.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.4.3    2 years ago
[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.4.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.4.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @6.4    2 years ago

No convictions.  No trials held.  NOT. A. GODDAMN. THING. Just their opinion that they demand are fact.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.4.7  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.4.6    2 years ago

Kinda like Hunter Biden but way more serious!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.4.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @6.4.7    2 years ago

More serious.  Another one that's only in YOUR head.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago
So he BELIEVED that Trump was guilty.  No evidence provided.  No charges filed.

Be fair, now Jeremy.  They plaaaanned to charge him.   They just got distracted.  Something about one of the guys had an anniversary celebration and then a couple people went on vacation and it just slipped everybody's mind.

You know how it is.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.5.1  Snuffy  replied to  Jack_TX @6.5    2 years ago

I realize it's Fox News which means that there are several people here who are going to immediately discount it...   but some of this seems rather explosive in exposing bias...

But a source familiar with the investigation pointed Fox News Digital, specifically, to Trump’s "Statement of Financial Condition," which reports an entity’s assets, liabilities and abilities to raise and use funds.

The source told Fox News Digital that Trump did not inflate his financial statements, as prosecutors had anticipated, but instead, undervalued his assets. 

The source also told Fox News that Trump never defaulted on payments to banks, and said his statement of financial condition included "caveats" which "refuted" claims by the DA’s office.

One source familiar with the investigation claimed the case against Trump was political and fueled by the former president's political enemies, and told Fox News that Pomerantz "shouldn't have been in the DA's office in the first place."  

Before joining Vance's office, Pomerantz was of counsel at New York law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. He took leave from the firm last year to join Vance’s office to investigate Trump’s financial dealings.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s brother, Robert Schumer, is a partner at the firm. Pomerantz donated to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.6  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago

Trump has been getting away with committing crimes for his whole life.

Millions in fines but no jail time....(yet). He is definitely looking at prison time now.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Thanks once again for the laughs, progressives. Seeing the same people who have tirelessly claimed that lack of indictments/convictions is proof nothing bad happened, turn around and claim Trump is guilty of numerous crimes despite the lack of indictments/convictions is perfect.  

I'm always curious, does it ever occur to you've made the exact opposite argument when it comes to the Clintons/bidens/various democratic officials? Or does your brain reset every time you leave a seed? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    2 years ago

You are the one who has been defending Trump or looking the other way for 5 or 6 years, apparently under the theory that the Democrats are "just as bad'. That theory is ludicrous. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    2 years ago
looking the other way for 5 or 6 years

All the while the left has hyper focused on him for the same time frame and ran with hoax after hoax only to find failure each and every time.  

You make the moronic claim that people are defending Trump.  That perception is all in your minds.  You all seem to think that anybody who isn't in lock step with this weeks idiotic narrative are defending Trump.  Reality is, nobody is really defending Trump. In fact, I'd venture a guess that most of us are just sitting back and laughing AT you as you spin your wheels in freak out mode.