╌>

Trump Issues Lengthy Statement About Hitting Hole-in-One

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   Kipp Jones (Mediaite)

Trump Issues Lengthy Statement About Hitting Hole-in-One
Former President Donald Trump issued a lengthy statement Monday declaring he hit a hole-in-one during a weekend golf outing. Reports began to circulate that Saturday, prior to Trump's rally in Georgia, he aced a hole. Tim Swain, a House candidate in South Carolina, posted an image of Trump celebrating on a green. TRUMP JUST MADE

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Kipp JonesMar 28th, 2022, 8:36 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Former President Donald Trump issued a lengthy statement Monday declaring he hit a hole-in-one during a weekend golf outing.

Reports began to circulate that Saturday, prior to Trump's rally in Georgia, he aced a hole.

Tim Swain, a House candidate in South Carolina, posted an image of Trump celebrating on a green.

TRUMP JUST MADE A HOLE-IN-ONE! pic.twitter.com/89lrgsGkjT
— Tim Swain (@SwainForSenate) March 26, 2022

Swain's claim was widely mocked.

Taylor Budowich, whose Twitter bio says the communications director for Trump's political action committee, posted video showing Trump retrieve a golf ball from the cup after his alleged hole-in-one.

On the video, Trump retrieved a ball from the cup and proclaimed, "That's great."

45 picking up his hole-in-one on Saturday. pic.twitter.com/dzTdWAdkWe
— Taylor Budowich (@TayFromCA) March 28, 2022

In a lengthy statement Monday evening, Trump said he aced the seventh hole at his West Palm Beach, Florida course. He also said he had witnesses.

"Many people are asking, so I'll give it to you now, it is 100% true," Trump proclaimed. "While playing with the legendary golfer, Ernie Els, winner of four Majors and approximately 72 other tournaments throughout the world, Gene Sauers, winner of the Senior U.S. Open, Ken Duke, and Mike Goodes, both excellent tour players, I made a hole-in-one."

He continued,

It took place at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, on the 7th hole, which was playing 181-yards into a slight wind. I hit a 5-iron, which sailed magnificently into a rather strong wind, with approximately 5 feet of cut, whereupon it bounced twice and then went clank, into the hole.
These great tour players noticed it before I did because their eyes are slightly better, but on that one hole only, their swings weren't. Anyway, there's a lot of chatter about it, quite exciting, and people everywhere seem to be asking for the facts.

Trump concluded the statement with some apparent humor at his own expense.

"I won't tell you who won because I am a very modest individual, and you will then say I was bragging—and I don't like people who brag!" he wrote.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Donald TrumpGolfhole-in-one Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I believe him. You dont have to be a great golfer, or even a good golfer,  to make a hole in one, it just has to be your lucky day. 

I had a friend , who usually shot in the mid to upper 90's, which is a mediocre golf score at best, even for the weekend golfer. I was golfing with him when he made a hole in one on a par 3. 

The tee area was elevated to a degree that you could not see the flag down below. He hit his usual unpredictable drive but it did appear to be headed toward where we knew the green to be. Down we went expecting to see his ball somewhere on the green, but when we got down there his ball was nowhere in sight. Oh shit, he said, it must have bounced off the cart path and landed in the brush behind the green, maybe even onto the railroad tracks that ran alongside the course. After a few minutes of looking for his ball someone got the idea to look in the hole. Lo and behold his ball was in the cup.  He never thought it was anything but shit faced luck. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Par 2?

Meh, lol.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
I believe him. You don't have to be a great golfer, or even a good golfer,  to make a hole in one

While that is true, I'd have to see the film footage from multiple angles that has been examined by at least one film expert who concluded it wasn't a 'deep fake' to believe such a monumental serial liar. I'm sure there is a small shred of truth in it somewhere, perhaps a par 3 where he only hit the first shot barely out of his shadow then chipped in for birdie from 40 yards which is still impressive, but in Trump's delusional universe he'd have everyone saying it was a hole in one by the time he got back to the clubhouse. After someone has been caught telling literally tens of thousand of lies, there is simply no reason to take anything they say at face value.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Who cares if he did or didn't. It isn't anything that changes anyting

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

The tee area was elevated to a degree that you could not see the flag down below.

I wonder if that was the case in Trump’s hole in one.  I’m picturing Lindsay Graham or Ted Cruz crawling over on hands and knees with the assist, then slinking back under a rock.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2  Steve Ott    2 years ago

I think we all know what hole his ball(s) is/are in.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Steve Ott @2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

His score card has disappeared along with his phone records for Jan6.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    2 years ago

What about the hole in his soul?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago

It is big enough for a beach ball to fit in it.