╌>

Elon Musk turns down seat on Twitter's board, after investing enough for an invite

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  2 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   Dennis Romero

Elon Musk turns down seat on Twitter's board, after investing enough for an invite
Billionaire Elon Musk has decided not to join the board of one of social media's titans, Twitter, the San Francisco-based company's CEO, Parag Agrawal, said Sun

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Billionaire Elon Musk has decided not to join the board of one of social media's titans, Twitter, the San Francisco-based company's CEO, Parag Agrawal, said Sunday night.

The announcement came as a surprise after Musk, the CEO of Tesla, said he would be joining the board following his stock purchase of about 9.2 percent of the company.

"Looking forward to working with Parag & Twitter board to make significant improvements to Twitter in coming months!" Musk tweeted April 4.

On Sunday Agrawal tweeted, "Elon has decided not to join our board."

He included a note he sent to the company that noted that Musk would be subject to a background check and, once appointed, would have to be loyal to the financial interests of the company.

Musk, a power user with more than 81 million followers, has been one of Twitter's loudest critics. After news of his investment broke last week, he teased his Twitter audience with proposed changes to the company.

dennis-romero-circle-byline-template.jpg Dennis Romero

Dennis Romero is a breaking news reporter for NBC News Digital.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  XXJefferson51    2 years ago

This is great news!  By not joining the board, he’s not bound by the 14.9% cap on his stock in the company. Meaning he can acquire more for a hostile take over bid instead.  I pledge the shares I bought of Twitter when he did to support his bid and take down a banning, algorithms run, content control, and censorship prone big tech social media site.  Twitter has always been the most vulnerable of the big tech social media sites to a hostile takeover and now maybe I can help it happen!  Way To Go Elon!  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    2 years ago
By not joining the board, he’s not bound by the 14.9% cap on his stock in the company.

The news of him not being on the board must make some anti free speech snowflake workers happy, for the short term.  They had better update their resumes, Elon is coming to get them!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2    2 years ago

They can work for Facebook, MBFC, or You Tube instead!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Musk has been known to change his mind. I think he made the right decision and hope he buys up more Twitter shares.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

I hope he brings back most all of those that Twitter banned for life over their expressed political opinions.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    2 years ago

The Twitter club is worried.  

Can you say "hostile takeover?"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

Yes, we can!  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

IOW, he can't handle the guidelines.  He is used to calling the shots.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    2 years ago

The guidelines are leftist censorious shit, which he hopes to change

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    2 years ago

I wish he’d buy MBFC and then close it down!

goose is back
Junior Guide
4  goose is back    2 years ago

Hopefully, he starts a hostile takeover.