╌>

Reporter films hundreds of migrants running across Arizona border, says border agents 'feel like Uber drivers' | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  20 comments

By:   Elizabeth Heckman (Fox News)

Reporter films hundreds of migrants running across Arizona border, says border agents 'feel like Uber drivers' | Fox News
Daily Caller reporter Jorge Ventura joined "Fox & Friends" to discuss the video he took showing hundreds of illegal immigrants, mostly single men, entering Yuma, Arizona

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

closeVideo

Video showing hundreds of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States

Daily Caller reporter Jorge Ventura on the video he obtained and southern border as crossings surging as migrants are being incentivized to make the journey.

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Reporter Jorge Ventura said on Fox & Friends" Monday he recorded hundreds of illegal immigrants running across the southern border into Yuma, Arizona.

Ventura, from the Daily Caller, discussed what he has witnessed at the southern border and why migrants are being incentivized to cross into the United States.

Ventura said there's "massive" gaps throughout the border wall, so migrants are directed by coyotes and smugglers where to cross.

"We saw hundreds and hundreds. I encountered just in a couple of hours migrants from 11 different countries from Georgia, India, Russia, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Cuba, Nicaragua, Venezuela and even Afghanistan. And I ran into massive amount of groups of single males, which you don't really see down at the border," he explained.

FEDERAL JUDGE STRIKES DOWN BIDEN ADMIN'S NARROWING OF ICE ARREST, DEPORTATION PRIORITIES

Video

The video was recorded as a massive migrant caravan, which at one point swelled up to well over 10,000 migrants as it set off toward the U.S. border from southern Mexico, has now broken up as Mexican officials have offered temporary visas to migrants - although organizers say they will still travel to the U.S.

Organizer Luis Villagran told Fox News that about 80% of migrants in the caravan, approximately 9,000, have received a migratory multiple form (FMM). That travel visa allows them to travel freely in Mexico temporarily.

Ventura said from his conversations with migrants that they are not worried about deportation under Title 42 and that they are "here to stay" in the United States.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"The Border Patrol in Yuma is extremely frustrated. They say, hey, we basically feel like Uber drivers, we don't even do any border enforcement. We do border enrollment, what they call it, just picking up migrants to get into processing centers and back and forth," he told host Steve Doocy.

Migrants walk on the road at the migrant caravan in Huixtla, Chiapas, in Mexico on June 9, 2022. The caravan from Huixtla to Mapastepec restarted with an approximate contingent of 3,000 migrants. (Photo by Jacob Garcia/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images) (Jacob Garcia/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

He said Mexican authorities are also not addressing the crisis.

"[Texas Gov.] Greg Abbott made an agreement with four Mexican state governors to stop the flow of migrants and those have been a failure as well," he said, adding "Mexican officials haven't done anything."

Fox News' Adam Shaw and Griff Jenkins contributed to this report

Elizabeth Heckman is a digital production assistant with Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

You are doing one hell of a job, President Biden and Vice-President Harris.

Can't hardly wait for more 'successes' from your Administration!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

Just what we need during hyper inflation. More people on the government doll competing with US citizens for resources.

This is sure to end well!/S

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

I am waiting for Harris to make some kind of comment about the border--something other than "root causes" bullshit--something along the lines of enforcement of law.

Biden couldn't have picked someone worse, which calls into question his ability to reason and recognize talents.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

This is what the Jan 6 shit show on TV is supposed to distract us from.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

No, this is a deflection from 1/6

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago

What are you going to call next January's riots - when northerners are blowing $6 an hour up the chimney, just to stay warm?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago

You need to learn the difference between proven reality (record breaking numbers of illegals crossing our southern border every month) and fiction (the Jan 6th Democrat Committee shit show. Where all evidence is cherry picked and edited for TDS driven consumption).

Not even one of the Democrat's chosen water carriers in the media is even bothering to deny it any longer.

rising_border_encounters_in_2021_figure_3_3-882x427.png?itok=coum9hip

Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Congressional Budget Justifications, FY 2008-2022; Monthly Border Patrol Apprehensions, FY 2000-2020; data on file with author.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  squiggy @2.1.1    2 years ago
What are you going to call next January's riots - when northerners are blowing $6 an hour up the chimney, just to stay warm?

Well, the GOP will take Congress on January 2, 2023, so then they will blame the mean old GOP for the high prices. Maybe they'll claim it is a GOP 'punishment' for being blue states, that blue states are being targeted?

LOL!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

I'll let you know when you provide the truth.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago

So you're contention is that his is a distraction from a partisan freak show?  That's laughable. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    2 years ago
You need to learn the difference between proven reality (record breaking numbers of illegals crossing our southern border every month) and fiction (the Jan 6th Democrat Committee shit show. Where all evidence is cherry picked and edited for TDS driven consumption).

Do you realize that your graph is showing a record high number of apprehensions?

I also see that you totally ignored this graph in your post, showing Reagan as the worst of all ( by your standards ).

rising_border_encounters_in_2021_figure_2_2-882x427.png?itok=UK10c3AT

And Tessylo is correct, the big story is the investigation of a former President trying to overthrow our elected government, not a problem that has existed for well over 50 years with no administration being able to stop it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.8    2 years ago

Gee, I bet no one ever has made the correlation between the numbers apprehended with the numbers that got away.

No, no one ever..................

/s

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    2 years ago
Gee, I bet no one ever has made the correlation between the numbers apprehended with the numbers that got away.

Well I guess you had better prove the correlation then. 

Prove that the numbers crossing the border are not consistent, and only apprehensions have grown.  I expect verifiable facts, not just someone's opinion.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.10    2 years ago
Well I guess you had better prove the correlation then. 

Why? You can't see that the more who come, the more will sneak in? What is so hard about understanding that?

Prove that the numbers crossing the border are not consistent, and only apprehensions have grown. 

Not going to play your little game. Why on earth would I provide proof on demand from you for something I didn't claim?

Be serious or get lost.

I expect verifiable facts, not just someone's opinion.

And I expect intellectual honesty--not demands for proof for something I didn't claim.

Illegal immigration soars under Biden to third-highest in 97 years (yahoo.com)

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    2 years ago

And I expect intellectual honesty--not demands for proof for something I didn't claim.

Illegal immigration soars under Biden to third-highest in 97 years (yahoo.com)

I was also hoping for an honest response.  Well maybe next time.  Your link gives numbers based on apprehensions, not actual numbers.  So the better they do at apprehending illegal immigrants, the higher the claimed numbers go.

From your link: 

"The large majority of the 1.9 million, 1.66 million, were stopped by the Border Patrol"

"The 1.66 million unlawful crossings that Border Patrol thwarted nationwide over the past 12 months is the third-highest in U.S. history, coming in close to 1,692,544 in 1986 and 1,676,438 in 2000."

Sounds like he is doing a damn good job.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.12    2 years ago
Sounds like he is doing a damn good job.

Sounds more like you don't understand what is happening.

Not to worry, you can keep Joe and Kamala company.

They don't have a clue either.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    2 years ago
Sounds more like you don't understand what is happening.

I understand perfectly what is happening.  You are still trying to create a distraction from the Jan 6 committee.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.14    2 years ago
I understand perfectly what is happening. 

In your posts, I see zero evidence to support such a claim.

You are still trying to create a distraction from the Jan 6 committee.

Wow, a sleazy tactic straight out of the left-wing playbook?

Isn't the January 6 committee a distraction from Biden's inflation and utter failure on the border?

BTFW, there are tons of articles to vent about Trump on.

THIS article is about his successor and his fucked-up, ineffective border policies.

You are trying to distract from this by bringing something wholly unrelated up but you will not get away with it with me.

Stay on topic, and if you don't know what the topic is, don't post.

Capisce?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago
This is what the Jan 6 shit show on TV is supposed to distract us from.

Of course.

Democrats don't want Americans to talk about sky-high record gas prices, inflation, or immigrants running freely in the US.

They don't want anyone looking at today, they are focused on the bad Orange Man.