╌>

Rep. Maxine Waters tests positive for COVID for second time this year after attending Summit of the Americas

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Bradford Betz (Fox News)

Rep. Maxine Waters tests positive for COVID for second time this year after attending Summit of the Americas
Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters has tested positive for the second time this year after attending the Summit of the Americas with other leaders in LA.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., for the second this year, has tested positive for COVID-19 after attending last week's Summit of the Americas in Los Angeles.

"Yesterday, after learning of a potential exposure at the Summit of the Americas in Los Angeles, I was notified that I tested positive for COVID," Waters said in a statement released Tuesday. "I am currently isolating and have no symptoms."

Waters, who is vaccinated and double boosted, tested positive for the virus in April but said she did not experience any symptoms.

"If you haven't received the vaccine and/or booster, I encourage you to do so," Waters said in her Tuesday statement. "I am feeling fine and resting at home."

House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters, D-Calif., arrives for a news conference to talk about housing funds in President Joe Biden's government overhaul, at the Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone think it ironic that all the vaxxers and maskers seem to catch the Wuhan virus not only once, but often twice or more. This plague among the most virtuous progressives is really strange.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Republican senator who led the push to end mask mandates on planes and public transport tests positive for COVID-19 for the 3rd time in a year

Bryan Metzger
Tue, June 14, 2022, 10:14 AM
  • GOP Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi just tested positive for COVID-19 for the third time in a year.

• Wicker led the push to end mask mandates for public transportation before a judge struck it down.

• He told Insider at a press conference in March that the mask mandates should've been lifted in April 2021.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

"...for the third time in a year."

That's not ironic - that's entirely probable. I too am curious how the pompous, scholarly karens don't seem to learn.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  squiggy @1.1.1    2 years ago

That makes no goddamned sense. [removed]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

Nothing like distraction and deflection right from the start

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.3    2 years ago

Clueless

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.5  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    2 years ago

... and abrasive.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

What about those who get it 3 times?

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago

Apparently those that do are "deflection" squirrels.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago

Didn't kill him did it?

Covid has turned into the Flu in case people didn't notice. The vaccines; which have not been adapted to each new strain; do not prevent your from getting Covid;  do not prevent you from transmitting Covid; and they only may (yes that is may) lessen the symptoms. But we have the lunatic Democrats still screaming that everyone needs to get vaccinated.

What people are complaining about is fucking Democrats and their damn mandates that do jack shit of nothing but piss people off and cost them time and money. Especially when the fucking idiots can't follow their own damn mandates! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago

If they get it and it has to be repeated 3 times, they must be feigning ignorance

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    2 years ago

It seems like the Omicron variants are hard to get rid of. People are sick for weeks or reinfect very quickly. Fortunately, the illness itself doesn’t seem to be as severe for most people.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @2    2 years ago

I know a couple of people that had it. Their problems seem to be lingering symptoms.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Dr. Fauci, aka the "Father" of Covid, recently tested positive.

Having had Covid, both shots, and a booster, I'm planning on getting second  booster when available

squiggy
Junior Silent
4.1  squiggy  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 years ago

I'm on the fence over the second boost. Since efficacy seems to fade with time, I'm waiting to see an uptick of cases in my circle before I go. So, yea, that's one way immunized folks end up with covid - rolling the dice.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  squiggy @4.1    2 years ago

I did something similar. I got my second booster a few weeks ago, when I saw cases starting to climb around here. So I figure by now, I’m at peak antibodies (hopefully that helps). Like a week after I got the shot, one of my teenagers got Covid. So far, none of the rest of us are sick.