╌>

Christmas Shopping

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  24 comments

Christmas Shopping

Are you finished with your Christmas shopping??

I finally finished yesterday.. (whew)..now, all I need to do is to get in the kitchen and do some baking!!

If you aren't finished yet, good luck getting it finished.. (with the mad crowds and all...)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

If you haven't finished your shoppingyet, I hope you will be able to find what you are looking for!! Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

Gift cards are one of the best things ever created!!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

I have one more gift to buy, and I can get it at Walgreens, where I have to go and pick up some prescriptions anyway... Now, I have to wrap it all, and I'm wondering how on earth I'm going to wrap a package that is 55" X 18" X 18". I've bought a massive roll of paper, and just hope I can manhandle it to get it wrapped!

The stockings are filled. And, next week, at my mother's house, I'll have to get ready for the big todoings.

Take care!!! Don't overdo, if you can help it!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Good luck with wrapping that monster package! I have made it a practice to wrap presents as soon as I get back home with them. I got tired of wrapping at 3:00 in the a.m.! lol

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...Nice and easy!! Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...Obviously!! Smile.gif

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    10 years ago

First year I've been done since Thanksgiving :) Having moved to TN this year our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter from IL were here and took their gifts home...couldn't believe I was Christmas shopping while buying turkey!

Mom was easy, siblings chipped in $'s tofly to the Dominican Republic so she could spend it with the baby (40+)of the family and 4 of her Grandchildren.

Hubby and I, one gift each - done!

Heading to FL to celebrate with siblings, no gift exchange. We're just happy to get together for Christmas. Just trying to figure out what to pack.

Easiest Christmas in my life, guess this is what empty nest in another stateis like....kind of crappy, truth be toldTongue.gif But life is good, very good and I'll not complain!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
It's kinda sad, but it seems like Christmas is turning into an event where you just hand someone a piece of plastic and they hand one back to you ... and the surprise is whatever big box store or chain restaurant's name is on the plastic ... but it just makes sense, I guess. Just seems like something out of a sci-if novel. I wouldn't be surprised if that was predicted in some decades old sci-if story.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I understand what you are saying. My Grand Daughters are 12..13..and 14 years old, and they are at an age where it's hard to know what to buy for them...so, I buy them clothes and give them gift Cards....sigh

Nona62
Professor Silent

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
You must know what you're doing then - picking clothes for a teenage girl is risky. In fact, when my daughters were teens, they would return any clothing I would buy them on the principle alone. If I thought it looked nice, it can't possibly be cool, whether they liked it or not.

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol.....I try to watch what type of clothes they wear most often, and just kind of wing it...Plus those were your daughters..these are my Grand Daughters..(who think the sun rises and sets by me, because I'm, not the one who tells them" No", or makes then do their chores..etc.) lol

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
I have a grand daughter and three grand sons, but they aren't teens yet. Hopefully I'll get to play that part too!

Nona62
Professor Silent

......lol...Grand Parents can spoil their Grand Children and then send them home... you know what they say about Pay Backs!! Grin.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

I bought myself a present...Got one for Wiki and one for Annie. A present for Red is in limbo, I don't know what to get her...A new frying pan is a possibility. Since Amos and Rocky are hibernating, nothing for them.

The kids, grandkids, great grandkids get gift cards.

Nona62
Professor Silent

...A new frying pan is a possibility......there's a possibility that the frying might connect with your head!! lol..

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

OK, then I'll go with the new Crock Pot.Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

She's liable to stuff you in the crock pot!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Smart! I did that one year and forgot what was in what box... Of course, the giant package is easily recognizable! Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Kavika, one small word of advice: Sparkling . Like a diamond, not like a clean kitchen sink. Something that smells nice, like your favorite perfume. Don't get her anything that you, yourself, will benefit from in any way...

One year, I got an extra large bathrobe, 3 extra large flannel nightgowns, (no lace, and so large they could have been used as semi-truck tarps), a diet cook book, and a bathroom scales. I weighed 110 pounds. I mean REALLY. That was NOT the message I needed to receive!

Note: we are no longer married and I made a happy escape. Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Good for you Dowser!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL....

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    10 years ago
Not feeling it this Christmas. We gave money to the kids to buy for the grandkids. I haven't even put up many decorations, just my mother's nativity set that I took out of storage. Too many people gone this year. Maybe next year will be better. It wil be a quiet Christmas, reflecting on life, love, and loss. But that's ok with me too. Not every holiday has to be a record breaking barrel of fun. Sometimes it is nice just to be thankful for what I had, and those I still have.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Sometimes it is nice just to be thankful for what I had, and those I still have. Absolutely!! Smile.gif

I know exactly what you are going through, I lost my Father several years ago, 10 days before Christmas. theHolidays will get better. (( ))