╌>

OPEC+ output cut on tap, ADP report and more: Wednesday's 5 things to know

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  66 comments

By:   Ken Martin (Fox Business)

OPEC+ output cut on tap, ADP report and more: Wednesday's 5  things to know
The oil producer group OPEC+ meets today in Vienna and a large cut in output is expected in a move to support prices.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

North Dakota Republican Sen. John Hoeven reacts to Biden's war on fossil fuels on 'Kudlow.'

Here are the key events taking place on Wednesday that could impact trading.

OIL MEETING: OPEC+ meets on Wednesday and may be set for a large cut in oil output.

The potential OPEC+ cut could spur a recovery in oil prices, believed to have dropped from $120 three months ago to about $90 due to fears of a global economic recession, rising U.S. interest rates and a stronger dollar, according to Reuters.

OPEC+, which includes Saudi Arabia and Russia, is working on cuts in excess of 1 million barrels per day, sources told Reuters this week.

OPEC+ MEETING MAY CONSIDER OUTPUT CUT THIS WEEK: REPORT

FILE PHOTO: A 3D-printed oil pump jack is seen in front of the OPEC logo in this illustration picture, April 14, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/File Photo (REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/File Photo / Reuters Photos)

One OPEC source said on Tuesday the cuts could amount to up to 2 million barrels a day.

ADP REPORT: The payroll processing firm releases its National Employment report for September.

Economists anticipate a gain of 200,000 private-sector jobs. That would be an improvement from a disappointing 132,000 new jobs in August, which was less than half the 288,000 estimate.

JOB OPENINGS UNEXPECTEDLY PLUNGE IN AUGUST TO LOWEST LEVEL SINCE JUNE 2021

TRADE BALANCE: The monthly deficit in goods and services for July is expected to narrow for the fifth month in a row to $67.7 billion.

Port Long Beach California (iStock / iStock)

That would be the smallest since May 2021, and a steep reversal from $107.6 billion in March, when the deficit hit a record on huge demand for imported goods and rising prices tied to inflation.

SERVICES PMI: The Institute for Supply Management releases its non-manufacturing PMI for September. This key gauge of services sector activity is expected to slip to 56.0. That's after rising unexpectedly in August to the highest since April on solid growth in new orders. Keep in mind 50 is the dividing line between an expanding and contracting services sector.

Storage tanks are seen at Marathon Petroleum's Los Angeles Refinery. (REUTERS/Bing Guan / Reuters Photos)

OIL INVENTORIES: The DOE's Energy Information Administration will release its inventory report for last week. Crude stockpiles are expected to rise just over 2 million barrels, following a slight but unexpected draw of 215,000 barrels the previous week.

Watch for declines of around 1.35 million barrels each in distillate (heating oil, diesel fuel) and gasoline inventories.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Joe Biden is directly to blame for taking the US back to the stone age when we were dependent on OPEC oil.

OPEC + (Russia) is about to stick it to all of us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

If I were a conspiracy nut along the lines of our right wing friends I would say that this is the Saudis intervening on behalf of the interests of ex- President Trump. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago

Joe called them "killers," then he begged them for oil. 

The voters won't forget

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
If I were a conspiracy nut

Looks like you are.

I would say that this is the Saudis intervening on behalf of the interests of ex- President Trump

You threw that out there after "cleverly" posting your disclaimer first...............can't unsee/unread it now. Thanks for your presentation. That you think the Saudis give one shit about Trump now that he is out of, and will not return to, office is really funny.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
If I were a conspiracy nut

What's this "If" shit?  

I would say that this is the Saudis intervening on behalf of the interests of ex- President Trump. 

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.3    2 years ago

They are raising the price of oil just before the American election. As someone in love with conspiracies I'm surprised you dont see the possible connection. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    2 years ago

Still haven't shown me where it's not a conspiracy theory.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.5    2 years ago

You are confused. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    2 years ago

There's nothing to be confused about.  We've all grown pretty accustomed to your lack of links and information to back up any of your claims.  Just like you've done here.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Gee, I guess Joe's famous fist bump with the Prince really was successful, why just look at how much more oil they won't be producing!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    2 years ago

Joe is a real charmer/S

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    2 years ago
They are raising the price of oil just before the American election. As someone in love with conspiracies I'm surprised you dont see the possible connection. 

The president is further depleting the strategic oil reserve in order to manipulate prices just before an election.  

I'm not at all surprised you don't see the connection.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago

Is this the reason gas prices jumped 22 cents a gallon this morning?

It has gone up here over the last 2 weeks 4 times.

Seems that Brandon whispering menacingly as he could "Lower the gas prices! Lower them" didn't work.  He looked like the Joker, and sounding like Darth with severe case of Laryngitis. How is anyone supposed to take him seriously? Demanding twice in six months after he finally ran out of oil reserves to pump into the market doesn't help. He doesn't understand how anything works; because his handlers are woke morons that don't know how anything works. Gas stations are operating on narrow profits. Oil and gas companies are subject to the markets and future speculation. Every action Brandon has taken since entering office has affected oil and gas prices negatively. 

Brandon won the election by running on not being Trump. He is correct, he is definitely not Trump. He is a far worse president than Trump ever was.

squiggy
Junior Silent
3  squiggy    2 years ago

So, last week I got a bargain with home heating oil at $4.10?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4  Snuffy    2 years ago

The average price for gas in Arizona is $4.49 a gallon, but here on the west side of Phoenix we've been over $5 for the past week or so.  And gas prices go up every day.  Makes me glad I retired so that I don't need gas to drive into the office daily.  But what will this winter bring us and how many people will suffer due to the high costs of just trying to heat their homes?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5  Snuffy    2 years ago

And now Biden is looking to release another 10 million barrels from the strategic reserve to offset the reduction from OPEC.  Another fine attempt to offset the issues facing Democrats for November.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @5    2 years ago

king to release another 10 million barrels from the strategic reserve to offset the reduction from OPEC. 

They are doing everything they  can to keep prices as artificially  low as possible for the next month.  Depleting the strategic reserve at a time extreme global instability to help the Democratic electoral chances is textbook party over country behavior. 

George
Junior Expert
5.1.1  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    2 years ago

Wow, an entire days worth of imports.  He is just awesome........Anybody know when he plans on replacing the oil he's taken from the strategic reserve? Maybe after the Midterms?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  George @5.1.1    2 years ago

Definitely after midterms- so he can blame the rise in gas prices on Republicans coming to power in Congress for not supporting his Build Back Broke plan.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  George @5.1.1    2 years ago

I think Joe maybe plans on getting it from some special gas station in the Bronx where they have magical prices!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     2 years ago

Our dependence on OPEC oil was been falling for years.

Petroleum imports from OPEC countries to the United States from 2000 to 2021* (in 1,000 barrels per day)

Consider that in 2005, the U.S. imported 10.1 million barrels per day (BPD) of crude oil, of which 4.8 million BPD (~48%) came from OPEC. The SPR contained 685 million barrels. With the U.S. importing 10.1 million BPD of crude oil at that time, that was enough oil to cover 68 days of supply.

In 2021, the U.S. imported 6.1 million BPD, of which only 800,000 BPD came from OPEC. More importantly, a lot of that imported oil was refined and re-exported as finished products. Net imports of U.S. crude oil and finished products were actually -62,000 BPD (i.e., the U.S. was a net exporter). 

Forbes

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     2 years ago

I see a lot of complaining about the cost and lack of fuel (gas) but no solution except to blame Biden. With OPEC cutting production by two million BPD how do we respond, does anyone have any ideas? 

Let me give you a start, should the house and senate pass the NOPEC bill?  With the Senate Judiciary Committee passing the bill in May, it needs to pass the full Senate and House and be signed by the president to become law.

Sound like a good idea? any other suggestions?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @7    2 years ago
I see a lot of complaining about the cost and lack of fuel (gas) but no solution except to blame Biden.

He is the leader of the free world, and was supposed to restore our world standing, remember?  I guess he hasn't yet completed that little task.

With OPEC cutting production by two million BPD how do we respond, does anyone have any ideas? 

Maybe Biden can go fist bump some more Arabs and get them to increase production.

Oh, well, it is just temporary, after all.

We'll manage to survive.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
7.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 years ago
Oh, well, it is just temporary, after all. We'll manage to survive.

Yep, if he lets it go to far he's going to have to back off on his election proclamation of no more drilling on US soil...

Trump had it right much to the chagrin of all the liberals out there... Produce so much that we become a net exporter of oil, fill the reserve to the brim, and drive the international price of oil into the toilet...

It makes us stronger and them weaker... Biden has approached it from the opposite direction stop new production and reduce what we are already doing, drain the reserve making us dependent on oil prices set by others that really don't like us and raise the price of oil to support the Global warming nutcases, (and our enemies)....

The situation we are in is directly and irrevocably tied to Biden's administrative orders about oil, production and drilling, He owns and the democrats own the responsibility for the high prices because of his approach to oil is a political one based upon junk science and not a practical one designed to support this nation...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1.1    2 years ago
The situation we are in is directly and irrevocably tied to Biden's administrative orders about oil, production and drilling, He owns and the democrats own the responsibility for the high prices because of his approach to oil is a political one based upon junk science and not a practical one designed to support this nation...

YOU know that, and I know that............but how do we convince lemmings that many Democratic policies (energy, border security, immigration, give-aways) are just bad for America?

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
7.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.2    2 years ago
but how do we convince lemmings

We don't, Lemmings are little mousy creatures that run in packs following the one out front blindly... Their main problem is the one out front doesn't have a clue where he is going or what he wants to do...

But they are cute, I guess that's where they get their popularity from...

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 years ago

Solution number one, 

We'll manage to survive, so we do nothing.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1.1    2 years ago

Solution number two

Bitch about Biden and dems 

BTW The US is the largest producer of oil in the world and we are in 2021 a net exporter.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.2    2 years ago

Solution number three

Agree with solution number two

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1.3    2 years ago

Solution number four

Whine about lemmings. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @7.1.7    2 years ago

You forgot solution #5

Watch leftists claim Biden has nothing to do with anything bad happening under his watch. Push hard everything that Biden and Democrats have forced down our throats that got us into this mess in the first place. Then blame Republicans for not supporting it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.8    2 years ago
You forgot solution #5

That would be your solution which is more whining about Biden.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 years ago
He is the leader of the free world, and was supposed to restore our world standing, remember?

It was nothing more than a meaningless catchphrase and the left was (and still are) gullible enough to actually believe that stupidity.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @7.1.4    2 years ago
We'll manage to survive, so we do nothing.

That DOES appear to be Biden's "plan". 

Hope you're happy with it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @7.1.9    2 years ago

That's all he ever does.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @7    2 years ago
I see a lot of complaining about the cost and lack of fuel (gas) but no solution except to blame Biden.

Well Kavika, when one shuts down federal lands, new permits and discourages investment in fossil fuels: one has earned the blame.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2    2 years ago
Well Kavika, when one shuts down federal lands, new permits and discourages investment in fossil fuels: one has earned the blame.

Leases on federal lands are active now as is offshore drilling. New permits have not been shut down. 

Combined, the oil and gas industry holds leases to more than 25 million acres of publicly-owned minerals, roughly half of which sit unused. Companies now hold   more than 9,000   approved, but unused, drilling permits on national public lands, all of which could be put to use today. Mar 15, 2022

https://westernpriorities.org/2022/03/by-the-numbers-oil-industry-awash-in-permits-leases-while-pushing-for-more-drilling%EF%BF%BC/#:~:text=Combined%2C%20the%20oil%20and%20gas,be%20put%20to%20use%20today.

Once again, Vic do you have any ideas on how we should resolve the current OPEC cut back?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @7.2.1    2 years ago

"President Joe Biden's administration has leased far fewer acres for oil and gas drilling offshore and on federal land at the early stages of his presidency than has any other leader since Harry Truman at the end of World War II, according to a new analysis."

Once again, Vic do you have any ideas on how we should resolve the current OPEC cut back?

Your president went to the Saudis begging on hands and knees for increased oil production. They just screwed him.  The idea is simple Kavika: Have American oil companies increase production!

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.2    2 years ago
"President Joe Biden's administration has leased far fewer acres for oil and gas drilling offshore and on federal land at the early stages of his presidency than has any other leader since Harry Truman at the end of World War II, according to a new analysis."

Yet there are 9,000 unused leases currently...Well DUH, Vic when in the hell are they going to start using them and stop their whining?

Your president went to the Saudis begging on hands and knees for increased oil production. They just screwed him.  The idea is simple Kavika:Have American oil companies increase production!

Do you know what the NOPEC bill is Vic? Do you actually have any coherent thoughts on it?

So if American oil companies increase production that will solve the problem? The administration isn't holding them back, they are enjoying record profits and have said clearly that they have no intention of increasing production because of the money they are making...

Remember Vic, the US is a capitalist economy so the oil companies can choose to do exactly what they are doing now.

Yes, Biden is my president just as Trump was my president. It's too bad that you can't recognize that it should apply to you as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @7.2.3    2 years ago
Yet there are 9,000 unused leases currently...

That's the left's excuse. Many of those are unprofitable and many require a drilling permit.

Do you know what the NOPEC bill is Vic?

Yes, it was a response to OPEC, when the US stood in line depending on our enemies that comprised OPEC

Do you actually have any coherent thoughts on it?

Yes. Let America produce it's own oil

So if American oil companies increase production that will solve the problem? 

Yup, along with kicking every green energy fanatic in the ass.

Remember Vic, the US is a capitalist economy

Is that the point of Biden trying to discourage investment in American energy?

George
Junior Expert
7.2.5  George  replied to  Kavika @7.2.3    2 years ago

Is there oil on those lease’s? The oil companies can’t even explore for oil until they secure the lease. You act like they already have oil they aren’t pumping. Partisan hackery at it’s finest.

Biden is a fucking Moron and his VP slept her way into a position she isn’t qualified to do.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.4    2 years ago
That's the left's excuse. Many of those are unprofitable and many require a drilling permit.

Not an excuse but a fact, Vic. Do you have a list of those that are unprofitable?

Yes, it was a response to OPEC, when the US stood in line depending on our enemies that comprised OPEC,

Congratulations

Yes. Let America produce it's own oil

We are already doing that and are the largest producer of oil in the world.

Yup, along with kicking every green energy fanatic in the ass.

LOL, are you personally going to try to kick green energy supporters' asses? 

Is that the point of Biden trying to discourage investment in American energy?

Deflection on your part, Vic.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Kavika   replied to  George @7.2.5    2 years ago
Is there oil on those lease’s? The oil companies can’t even explore for oil until they secure the lease. You act like they already have oil they aren’t pumping. Partisan hackery at it’s finest.

I'm not acting in any way except posting facts, and your response is exactly what you are accusing me of.

Biden is a fucking Moron and his VP slept her way into a position she isn’t qualified to do.

Which has nothing to do with this but it seems that throwing shit at the wall is the best you have to offer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @7.2.6    2 years ago
Do you have a list of those that are unprofitable?

Let's get it right from the industry:

"The Biden administration has repeatedly pointed to the number of approved but untapped drilling permits on federal land when questioned about how U.S. production can rise, and what the federal government can do to help.

“There’s a fundamental misunderstanding of the administration as to how the process actually works,” Sommers said in an interview on the sidelines of the conference. 

“Just because you have a lease doesn’t mean there’s actually oil and gas in that lease, and there has to be a lot of development that occurs between the leasing and then ultimately permitting for that acreage to be productive,” he said. “I think that they’re purposefully misusing the facts here to advantage their position.” 
Sommers said the Biden administration should support policies that promote U.S. oil and gas production over OPEC+, which includes Russian oil. The U.S. and its allies are considering banning imports of Russia crude after the country invaded Ukraine."

We are already doing that

That is simply not true. Joe Biden is a stooge for the green energy crazies. I know it and the voters know it. Don't believe me?  Just wait until Nov 8th. I suspect you know it too, despite the exercise of pretending that Biden isn't actively trying to push the US away from fossil fuels.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @7.2.7    2 years ago
"Which has nothing to do with this but it seems that throwing shit at the wall is the best you have to offer."

Ya!  Exactly.  All he has to offer.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.8    2 years ago

There is no misunderstanding, Vic the lease is no guarantee that there is oil on that parcel.

That is simply not true. Joe Biden is a stooge for the green energy crazies. I know it and the voters know it. Don't believe me?  Just wait until Nov 8th. I suspect you know it too, despite the exercise of pretending that Biden isn't actively trying to push the US away from fossil fuels.

If that happens then we will see the republicans put up or shut up.

Are you saying that the US isn't the biggest producer of oil in the world? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.4    2 years ago
Yet there are 9,000 unused leases currently...

The oil companies deliberately underproduced domestic oil in order to raise prices so they could maximize profit. They even have a rationale - they lost money during the pandemic when no one was driving much so now they get to gouge everyone to even things out. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.11    2 years ago

That's Biden's big lie. He is shutting down American fossil fuels and we all can see it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.12    2 years ago

Not true.

Thomas
Masters Guide
7.2.14  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.12    2 years ago

Didn't he ask the domestic producers to increase production?

14 December 2021
President Joe Biden's administration is offering its strongest public support yet for domestic oil producers to boost output and drill on existing leases, while definitively ruling out the possibility it will reinstate a decades-old ban on crude exports.
US energy secretary Jennifer Granholm told oil executives today the administration was not "standing in the way" of oil and gas production and supported increased output. She noted that the administration has approved drilling permits on federal land at a faster pace than the prior administration, while pursuing other policies that could bring down retail gasoline prices that in the week ending 13 December were still just 10¢/USG shy of a seven-year high.

You keep bitching and then fail to demonstrate HOW Biden is supposed to lower oil prices, and then you fall back on the "wait until election day" argument, which is a total non sequitur. You've got nothing except words saying "It's Biden's Fault", Nothing about how the rest of the world factors into the equation, nothing about the enmity and callousness of the domestic producers towards the administration. Everything in your world is a fight, an us vs. them conflict in zero-sum land. That type of thinking brought the world to its present point. That type of thinking is why the price of oil is as high as it is. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  George @7.2.5    2 years ago

"Biden is a fucking Moron and his VP slept her way into a position she isn’t qualified to do."

What ignorance and I see who votes up that ignorance every time.  

George
Junior Expert
8  George    2 years ago

OPEC has said it will stop using the dollar for oil sales if NOPEC passes. 
What is the idiot in chiefs plan when that happens?

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1  Kavika   replied to  George @8    2 years ago

OPEC was said a lot of things but when the NOPEC comes up they do heavy lobbing against it. Currently it has been supported by both sides, dems and republicans. The question is what are is congress going to do about it if they pass it?

George
Junior Expert
8.1.1  George  replied to  Kavika @8.1    2 years ago

Intelligent people know Congress can’t do anything about it if it passes. So why do you ask?

It then becomes the responsibility of the moron in chief to enforce it. 
What happens if  OPEC stops using the dollar? What a legacy that would be for the idiots in charge. Of course you wil blame republicans when that happens.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Kavika   replied to  George @8.1.1    2 years ago
Intelligent people know Congress can’t do anything about it if it passes. So why do you ask?

It is congress that has the responsibility to weigh all the possible options/repercussions if they choose to pass it and forward it to the president he has the option to approve it or veto it. Intelligent people know that.

So, the first line of responsibility lies with congress.

Of course you wil blame republicans when that happens.

I'm not blaming anyone and you are not the Great Karnac with your assumptions.

George
Junior Expert
8.1.3  George  replied to  Kavika @8.1.2    2 years ago
It is congress that has the responsibility to weigh all the possible options/repercussions if they choose to pass it and forward it to the president he has the option to approve it or veto it. Intelligent people know that.

[deleted]

"The question is what are is congress going to do about it if they pass it?"

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Kavika   replied to  George @8.1.3    2 years ago
Do you ever get tired moving the goal post? what you wrote above is different than your original post.

Not moving the goalpost at all, simply explaining to you how the procedure works.

So is it a lack of integrity or simply the inability to support your BS that causes you to change what you wrote? And you don't have to be a Karnak to spot a partisan. 

I'd say it's a lack of understanding on your part. You don't have to be a Karnac to spot a partisan, you were spotted instantly.

George
Junior Expert
8.1.5  George  replied to  George @8.1.3    2 years ago

I originally thought it was the quality of the discussion here that cause this site to be so stagnant the few times i would check in in the past. it appears that it is more likely a combination of biased moderation coupled with personal attacks allowed to stand as long as they have the "right ideology"  

One last question, how many tickets before you get a stuffed animal?

[I'm letting this comment stand to remind members what not to do. You make your comments personal. I would suggest reading our CoC. Any further commentary on this will be deleted as meta.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  George @8.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
8.1.7  afrayedknot  replied to  George @8.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
8.1.8  afrayedknot  replied to  afrayedknot @8.1.7    2 years ago

Well deserved, but damn…some of my best work…have a good day, all. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  George @8.1.5    2 years ago
"it appears that it is more likely a combination of biased moderation coupled with personal attacks allowed to stand as long as they have the "right ideology"

To many of us, it seems that way

George
Junior Expert
9  George    2 years ago

I would say Biden could reach out to Trudeau for additional exports, but after the idiot killed Keystone, and there is a chance he saw Trudeau's pictures in black face, so he may assume he is incompetent based on the "color" of his skin, that is something Biden would do. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1  Kavika   replied to  George @9    2 years ago

Canada by far is the largest exporter of oil to the US.

As far as Keystone you're aware that the piece that was killed off was only a shortcut to add to the already existing Keystone Pipeline.

keystone-xl-pipeline-route-map-overall-2_0.png?itok=EQ7tzexb

There is another pipeline carrying the tar sands oil crossing at ND across upper MN to the Port at Duluth/Superior.

Enbridge-Lakehead-System-529px.png

evilone
Professor Guide
9.1.1  evilone  replied to  Kavika @9.1    2 years ago

That last one you posted above goes right to my back yard. It wasn't all that long ago we all had to evacuate overnight because of a refinery fire. Excel Energy isn't losing any money because the new line got killed. 

I'd be way more supportive of pipelines and energy companies in general if Congress changed laws making companies and company personnel criminally liable for ecological disasters.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Kavika   replied to  evilone @9.1.1    2 years ago

Line 6B is the one I believe caused the disaster in the Kalamazoo River in MI.