╌>

Man tackled by Rams player after running on field said he got concussion

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Mirna Alsharif and Lewis Kamb (NBC News)

Man tackled by Rams player after running on field said he got concussion
A man who ran onto the field during an NFL game and was tackled by Los Angeles Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner had a concussion after the Oct. 3 incident,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Link copied Oct. 11, 2022, 10:10 PM UTC By Mirna Alsharif and Lewis Kamb

A man who ran onto the field during an NFL game and was tackled by Los Angeles Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner had a concussion after the Oct. 3 incident, according to a police report.

Alexander Joseph Taylor, 30, filed a police report the day after he was tackled stating he had "a headache, a concussion without loss of consciousness, and a burn on his inner right bicep."

"Mr. Taylor sustained significant injuries as a result of Bobby Wagner's actions," his attorney, Bonnie S. Klapper, said. "We are evaluating our options as to how to proceed from here."

Taylor ran onto the field during the second quarter of the Rams-San Francisco 49ers game with a smoke flare on behalf of the animal rights group Direct Action Everywhere. The group said Taylor intended to raise awareness about the prosecution of two men who freed piglets from a Utah factory. The men have been acquitted, a spokesperson for the group said.

Wagner has previously said he ran toward Taylor after security struggled to get to the man to stop him.

"I just saw someone running on the field. It looked like he wasn't supposed to be on the field, so I saw security was having a problem, so I helped them out," Wagner has said. "It's behind me. ... I'm more concerned about the security guard that was hurt trying to chase him."

A teammate, defensive lineman Greg Gaines, said he was scared by the incident.

"He could have had a bomb," Gaines wrote on social media. "Bobby Wagner saved our lives."

Mirna Alsharif

Mirna Alsharif is a breaking news reporter for NBC News.

Lewis Kamb

Lewis Kamb is a national FOIA reporter for NBC News, based in Seattle.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

And?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2  arkpdx    2 years ago
Mr. Taylor sustained significant injuries as a result of Bobby Wagner's actions

That is what happens when you do stupid things 

Bonnie S. Klapper, said. "We are evaluating our options as to how to proceed from here." 

I have an idea Ms. Klapper. Take the option where you forget about this incident and your client ceases to act and be a dumb ass. Hopefully people will also forget about him and he will no longer be a laughing story. 

I think the piglets are smarter than he is. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    2 years ago

Taylor got what he deserved

Bobby Wagner deserves a medal 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago
Bobby Wagner deserves a medal

Bobby deserves a "high five".

Butt, not for unloading on a "civilian", He , like every football player deserves credit for risking their health to entertain us.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.1    2 years ago
Bobby deserves a "high five". Butt, not for unloading on a "civilian"

No... definitely for unloading on that shithead.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

You cannot fix stupid.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1  cjcold  replied to  Kavika @4    2 years ago

Had he been nude (streaking) it might have been different.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5  al Jizzerror    2 years ago

This penalty falls under the category of unsportsmanlike conduct . Receiving two of these fouls in the same game will result in disqualification. An unsportsmanlike penalty will cost your team 15 yards in the NFL and NCAA.

The referee should have flagged the idiot.  One should never run out on the football field,  Here was the first lesson:

Even wearing a helmet may not protect an individual from serious injury.  Football is dangerous!

Please watch this heartwarming moment from football (please watch all the way to the end of this short clip):

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago

Yeah, well, let that be a lesson to ya.

shona1
Professor Quiet
7  shona1    2 years ago

Evening..

I thought you had to have a brain to get concussion?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

He’ll have to sit out the next couple of protests.