╌>

Man who fell into Menlo Park wood chipper ID’d

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  2 years ago  •  2 comments

By:   by: Amy Larson

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(Image courtesy Menlo Park Police Department)

MENLO PARK, Calif.  (KRON)  — A man who was killed when he fell into a wood chipping machine in Menlo Park was identified by a San Mateo County Sheriff’s coroner on Wednesday.

Jesus Contreras Benitez, 47, of Redwood City, was working as a tree trimmer on Peggy Lane when he fell around 12:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to investigators. Benitez died from his injuries before emergency crews arrived on scene.

Cal/OSHA Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating to determine what lead up to and caused the industrial accident.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

When I checked out this story on Microsoft Bing a number of such cases of landscapers falling into and being killed in woodchippers over the years came up, including one not far from where I lived in Toronto.  I couldn't believe how many times it has happened.  It makes the example of a person being devoured by a woodchipper in the movie Fargo almost commonplace. 

Here are better images taken from other sources of the story.

ca-chipper-death-scene-2.jpg

Close look at the scene where a tree trimmer was killed by a wood chipper in Menlo P{ark, Calif.  (KTVU FOX 2)

ca-Tree-trimmer-overhead.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Overhead view of the scene in Menlo Park, California, where a landscaper was killed by a wood chipper.  (KTVU FOX 2)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It's kind of a gruesome way to go.

There was a famous industrial accident at a place where I went to work as a kid. It involved a somewhat well known boxing trainer by the name of Allie Colombo. It's something that people who witness such tragic events don't forget.