╌>

U.S. Capitol Police officers weren't watching live home security cameras when Paul Pelosi was attacked | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  revillug  •  2 years ago  •  120 comments

By:   Adam Sabes (Fox News)

U.S. Capitol Police officers weren't watching live home security cameras when Paul Pelosi was attacked | Fox News
U.S. Capitol Police officers have survellance cameras outside the Pelosi's residence in San Francisco, but weren't watching it when David DePape allegedly broke in and injured Paul Pelosi.

The officers were monitoring a live-feed of many cameras, which include surveillance of the capitol complex, but also monitor some points away from the capitol, which include the Pelosi residence.

According to sources, an officer was monitoring the feeds and saw police lights on a dark street outside the Pelosi's residence. When going through surveillance footage, the officer saw the alleged attack on Oct. 28, when DePape allegedly struck Paul Pelosi, people briefed on the incident said, according to the report.

The security detail traveling with Nancy Pelosi weren't at the San Francisco when the incident happened, as the House Speaker wasn't in San Francisco.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Officers from the U.S. Capitol Police have live video surveillance outside the Pelosi's San Francisco residence, but weren't watching it when David DePape, 42, allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, sources tell Fox News.

The officers were monitoring a live-feed of many cameras, which include surveillance of the capitol complex, but also monitor some points away from the capitol, which include the Pelosi residence.

According to sources, an officer was monitoring the feeds and saw police lights on a dark street outside the Pelosi's residence. When going through surveillance footage, the officer saw the alleged attack on Oct. 28, when DePape allegedly struck Paul Pelosi, people briefed on the incident said, according to the report.

The security detail traveling with Nancy Pelosi weren't at the San Francisco when the incident happened, as the House Speaker wasn't in San Francisco.

Sources tell Fox News that Capitol Police pay less attention to security cameras when one of its protectees is away, and the House Speaker wasn't with her husband in San Francisco.

If the officers were watching the feed monitoring in real-time, the break-in would have been seen.

When asked twice during a press conference if there was a security alarm system in place at the Pelosi's residence, San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins didn't answer the question.

"There was no security present," Jenkins said, responding to the question from a reporter.

The San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Paul Pelosi is seen after police say David DePape violently assaulted Paul Pelosi early Friday, Oct. 28, 2022. (KGO-TV)

DePape faces several felony charges in relation to the incident, which left Paul Pelosi severely injured. Paul Pelosi had to undergo surgery repair a skull fracture in addition to other injuries.

The charges include attempted murder, residential burglary, assault with a deadly weapon and elder abuse, among others. DePape pleaded guilty to the state-level charges on Monday, and also faces federal charges in relation to the incident.

DePape broke into the residence through a glass door in the rear of the Pelosi's house and entered a bedroom where Paul Pelosi was sleeping according to Jenkins. Paul Pelosi attempted to dial 911 in the couple's in-home elevator, but was stopped by DePape, adding that he was able to escape to a bathroom and call 911.

David DePape, right, records the nude wedding of Gypsy Taub outside City Hall on Dec. 19, 2013, in San Francisco. DePape is accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's California home and severely beating her husband with a hammer. DePape was known in Berkeley, Calif., as a pro-nudity activist who had picketed naked at protests against local ordinances requiring people to be clothed in public. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg)

Police said that when officers arrived, they observed Paul Pelosi and DePape both struggling over a hammer. When the police officers gave an order for the to drop the hammer, DePape began attacking Paul Pelosi, according to police.

Police said that DePape struck Paul Pelosi with a hammer at least one time.

Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was severely beaten by an attacker who broke into their San Francisco home in the early morning of Friday, October 28th, 2022. Paul Pelosi, 82, was taken to the hospital and is being treated by doctors for injuries after he was beaten with a hammer (Fox News)

DePape brought kidnapping supplies with him to the Pelosi's residence such as zip ties, as well as at least two hammers, according to Jenkins, who said the attack appears to be politically motivated.

The suspect allegedly demanded to talk to "Nancy" during the attack, referring to the House Speaker, according to an affidavit.

Fox News' Michael Ruiz contributed to this report.

Chad Pergram currently serves as a senior congressional correspondent for FOX News Channel (FNC). He joined the network in September 2007 and is based out of Washington, D.C.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1  seeder  Revillug    2 years ago

There is apparently surveillance video of the break-in.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

Too bad they weren't watching it when the break-in took place.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Kavika @1.1    2 years ago

It is a shame but I don't think the expectation was for the feed to be stared at non-stop while Nancy was in Washington, DC.

The article explains that the video feed was part of an array of feeds that the cops cycle through.

But this is the first I am hearing about cameras in San Fransisco being monitored from Washington, DC.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.1    2 years ago

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that since this has happened, Nancy Pelosi has already had the most extensive/expensive private electronic security system installed. If the Pelosi's already had a security system, it obviously did not work very well.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

If that is the case, I would say that the Pelosi's have grounds to sue the US Capitol Police for gross negligence, and perhaps more. And if that turns out to be true, and due to the severe and dangerous injuries sustained by Paul Pelosi in the hammer attack on him, and if the court finds in his favor it is most likely that the outcome will be a very large amount to be paid to the victim. 

It will be interesting to see what the end results will be.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Raven Wing @1.2    2 years ago
If that is the case, I would say that the Pelosi's have grounds to sue the US Capitol Police for gross negligence, and perhaps more.

I don't know what the expectation was for how frequently the feed was supposed to be looked at. The cops in DC looked at the feed while the SF cops were still at the scene and noticed the flashing lights of a police car. They then rolled back the feed and saw the break-in.

At least that is how I read this story.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Revillug @1.2.1    2 years ago

I would think that the viewing of the home of an important Congressional lawmaker, and also the third person in line to take over as President if need be, would be very strict. That Nancy was not at home at the time of the break in seemed to be unknown to the attacker, as she seemed to be the main target of the attacker. 

That Paul was able to secretly contact the police which may have save his life, does not dismiss the Capitol police not watching the Pelosi property as closely as they should have been.

So I guess we will see what comes next.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Revillug @1.2.1    2 years ago
At least that is how I read this story.

It's not really clear.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Raven Wing @1.2.2    2 years ago

It occurs to me that surveillance cameras present a bit of a paradox. It is easy to deploy hundreds or thousands of cameras these days. But at some point there has to be be eyes dedicated to the cameras. If you are going to deploy a billion cameras and only one set of dedicated eyes you might as well deploy none.

Time and time again the news is that there was a camera but nobody was looking at it at the time.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.5  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Kavika @1.2.3    2 years ago
It's not really clear.

Also, FoxNews is not my favorite news source but other sources wouldn't seed here at NT.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Revillug @1.2.4    2 years ago
Time and time again the news is that there was a camera but nobody was looking at it at the time.

And that would be the base of a law suit against the group who were supposed to be watching the Pelosi's home and their negligence in not doing so would present a good case for a lawsuit against the Capital Police. They should at least provide some compensation to Paul Pelosi for his near death injuries from the attacker.

Frankly.... I hope they file against the Capitol Police. And I agree there is no use of having surveillance cameras watching the property when no one is watching it. Their lack of attention in keeping an eye on the surveillance camera cannot be ignored. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.7  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Raven Wing @1.2.6    2 years ago

I think it is safe to say there will be an investigation into how Pelosi's security failed to prevent this.

A lot of us were wondering why there wasn't more security. Now it seems that all her homes have 24/7 video security and that she has a security detail that travels with her. She was out of town so the emphasis was on monitoring her Washington, DC home.

Frankly.... I hope they file against the Capitol Police.

It does seem that Mr. Pelosi has suffered some long term injuries. If he was failed by security then the DC police should be possibly be held accountable.

I'm feeling a tad less certain in this opinion because I am still absorbing this information.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Revillug @1.2.7    2 years ago

I agree with your thoughts on the situation. Even though Nancy was not at home when the attack took place, the home was occupied by Mr Pelosi so maintaining security was certainly warranted.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Revillug @1.2.5    2 years ago

You can copy and paste instead of using the "Fetch Seed" feature. Just takes a little longer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

Basically, the Capitol Police are inept, yet they are the police department that is protected from scrutiny.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Why would the Capitol police have anything to do with a residence in SFO?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

They would if they have responsibility to provide security for the Speaker of the House of Representarives.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Gsquared @2.1    2 years ago

I totally agree.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Gsquared @2.1    2 years ago

Speaker wasn't there. They have no reason to monitor the place when she is not there.

Real question is why didn't they have their own security system in place? Don't tell me they can't afford it. Also don't even try that any security system they put in place would interfere with the CP system.

Other members of Congress have their own security in place since they aren't provided any by the government when they are away from DC.

Hopefully they will have learned from this incident and install security in all of their houses.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    2 years ago
Speaker wasn't there.

That's skirting the question asked in Comment 2.

They have no reason to monitor the place when she is not there.

Although it's not too likely, do you deny that someone could plant an explosive device in the house that might be triggered when the residents return?

Hopefully they will have learned from this incident and install security in all of their houses.

With that I agree.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    2 years ago
Speaker wasn't there. They have no reason to monitor the place when she is not there.

But they were monitoring it.

When they looked at the camera they saw the flashing lights of a police vehicle.

They may have looked at the video earlier but not when Mr. DePape was breaking into the building.

It sounds like they have a lot of camera feeds to look at.

I  think the public is about to learn an awful lot about the security protocols in place.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

It's the home of the person who would be President should Biden & Harris be incapacitated.

Don't you think that warrants government surveilance?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @2.2    2 years ago

Sure, but it would make more sense to have it done by the San Francisco police or other local law enforcement.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2.2    2 years ago

Only when the person who would become President is there it seems.

They can afford their own security system. Other members of Congress not as high on the food chain pay for security for themselves and their family. 

Hopefully they learn from this and install their own security on all of their houses.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @2.2    2 years ago

Has anyone mentioned how Musk re tweeted some hateful conspiracy ignorance about Mr. Pelosi being attacked by a gay lover and then deleted it days later?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    2 years ago

I forgot to saythis was just after he acquired twitter.

What was he saying about world peace and tolerance in the world town square or something like that?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.5  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    2 years ago

No, I don't think so. Why?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.6  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.4    2 years ago

I don't recall that, think it was more about free speech...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @2.2.5    2 years ago

You think promoting hateful conspiracy theories is promoting free speech?

What nonsense.  [deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  GregTx @2.2.5    2 years ago

Dude is trying to start some bullshit narrative.  Unfounded, naturally, but trying to start it nonetheless.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    2 years ago

Yes, and tomorrow he plans on laying off 3,700 people, almost 50% of the company, 

after having switched everyone to staggered 12 hour shifts while telling them they are responsible for their "areas" 24/7.

Anyone who is laid off will have the opportunity to appeal to Lord Musk directly if they have maniacal energy and can pitch new ideas directly to the Chief Twit.

He's been thinking so hard about Twitter he was going to take a day off to rest but instead decided to cancel the Mega Hyperloop project so he can wrap things up at Twitter.

... and the banned accounts remain banned, go figure. Elon wants to lay off 3700

people but is talking about forming an arbitration committee to deal with banned and suspended accounts.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.10  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.7    2 years ago
“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” 

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.11  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.9    2 years ago

Getting rid of the dead wood already. The man is a go-getter...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @2.2.11    2 years ago

A left over from the Covid heyday, "PTO-days of rest" were introduced to prevent worker burnout. Elon doesn't care.  Elon axed the DOR benefit today.  Tomorrow

after the layoffs and rescheduling - he's going after the people that work from home

with the goal of eliminating work from home altogether.  I wonder how many Twitter 

employees will be gone by the end of the year. 

All hail the chief Twit.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.12    2 years ago

And here I thought the right wing was all about jobs...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.14  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.2    2 years ago

Like I said elsewhere, the house is wired for surveillance inside and out as is evident in the many pics of the outside and the fact that the police have the whole incident on tape courtesy of the Capital Police.

At different times there are one or more private security personell in evidence.

When there are active protests SFPD usually has a car or two sitting on either side of the corner property.  The Police station is only a few minutes away.

The Capital Police monitor wasn't aware until he saw the flashing lights of the SFPD patrol car pull up to the Pelosi garage.

For all of the hype, Paul Pelosi is already home from the hospital.

DePape should pray hard that Paul Pelosi doesn't die anytime soon or he will be facing

much different charges, 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @2.2.13    2 years ago

This is one example of the dark side of capitalism.   Capitalism has its good and bad points, but many blindly refuse to acknowledge the dark side.   Basically we are seeing a manifestation of monarchy-like power.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.16  Split Personality  replied to  Ender @2.2.13    2 years ago

and total freedom of speech...

Mr Trump is banging his tin cup on the Twitter jailhouse bars to no avail apparently.

Musk now wants to convene a council in a few weeks to review each banned or suspended account before determining his course of action.

Hey, now it's a private company, right?  Lord Elon can do as he pleases with his new toy.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.17  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.13    2 years ago

You think Musk is a right winger?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Ender  replied to  GregTx @2.2.17    2 years ago

I don't care what he is. He is an egomaniac Imo.

My point was, for years the right wing was saying jobs, jobs, jobs and now here are some right wingers cheering on him laying off people.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.19  George  replied to  GregTx @2.2.17    2 years ago

Anybody right of Che is a right winger to some. 

Musk works 16+ hour days, owns multiple companies and is extremely successful…,. Easy to se why he would be labeled that way, he’s actions are te opposite of a typical left winger.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.20  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.18    2 years ago

Where do you see that?

George
Junior Expert
2.2.21  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.18    2 years ago

I don’t know a single right winger who think’s anybody is entitled to a job. Musk is laying of deadwood. That’s excellent management.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.22  Ender  replied to  GregTx @2.2.20    2 years ago

What I see is you all calling people dead wood when we don't know what their jobs entail or what they do.

It is just framing what he is doing to ones way of thinking.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.23  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.19    2 years ago

So you are going to say there is no companies that have left wing CEOs?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.24  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.21    2 years ago

Are you a part of the company? Know what their jobs entail?

Seems you are just regurgitating some right wing talking points you heard somewhere.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.25  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.22    2 years ago
What I see is you all calling people dead wood

Ahh, so you're calling me a right winger. Gotcha..

when we don't know what their jobs entail or what they do.

Does that matter to you in this case?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.26  Ender  replied to  GregTx @2.2.25    2 years ago

So you are not a right leaning person? Could have fooled me.

What matters is saying the left wing doesn't care about jobs and at the same time cheering on this one guy for firing hundreds of people.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.27  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @2.2.26    2 years ago

Typical right wing double talk.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.28  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.26    2 years ago
So you are not a right leaning person? Could have fooled me.

I lean right on some things, left on others. Think what you want.

What matters is saying the left wing doesn't care about jobs and at the same time cheering on this one guy for firing hundreds of people.

Could you point out where I did either?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.29  Ender  replied to  GregTx @2.2.28    2 years ago

I meant the right wing in general.

And you are calling the people he fired or wants to fire dead weight...

George
Junior Expert
2.2.30  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.22    2 years ago

I guarantee you Musk has done his due diligence, it’s a private company and they aren’t entitled to jobs.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.31  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.24    2 years ago

No, I actually have owned and acquired businesses, Musk is culling the herd, he will probably hire back 40% at 2/3rds the salary. I would immediately move the headquarters to Texas near Tesla corporate headquarters.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.32  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.30    2 years ago

Is that some new mantra? No one is entitled to a job so the owners can do whatever they want...

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.33  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.29    2 years ago
I meant the right wing in general.

Ahh, I  see..

And you are calling the people he fired or wants to fire dead weight...

So you don't think that the owner of a company has a right to decide whether or not an employee is useful to the company?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.34  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.31    2 years ago

So now it is a good thing when a company fires a bunch of people and then hires some back at half the salary...

Maybe all companies should do this....

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.35  Ender  replied to  GregTx @2.2.33    2 years ago

I think we don't know what they do or how much they worked.

If someone came in and took over a company and decided you were not worth it I guess you would just suck it up and not say a word...

George
Junior Expert
2.2.36  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.34    2 years ago

If you use emotion instead of intelligence your business will fail. How many companies with more than 10 employees have you owned and were successful at?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.37  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.36    2 years ago

I have never owned a company yet I have done all the books for them.

Just because you say you owned a company doesn't mean you know anymore of these people's worth than I do.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.38  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.37    2 years ago

Sigh….

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.39  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.38    2 years ago

Do you know something I don't?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.40  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @2.2.32    2 years ago
Is that some new mantra?

I haven’t heard it chanted by those in meditation.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.41  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.39    2 years ago

Obviously, these aren’t random layoffs, Musk has already sent notice to managers at every level asking for lists of employees that can and cannot be eliminated, he has also run more than 1 large company so he is well aware of staffing needs. But go ahead and comment on something you have admitted that you know nothing about and have no experience doing.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.42  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @2.2.39    2 years ago

We all probably know some things that others don’t.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.43  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.41    2 years ago

You go ahead and act like you have run a large corporation.

You know nothing of my experience yet want to act like I know nothing.

Just like with the people you are calling dead weight.

You don't know yet act like you are there in meetings.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.44  George  replied to  Ender @2.2.43    2 years ago

Quote: I’ve never owned a company. Keep digging!

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.45  Ender  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.42    2 years ago

True.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.46  GregTx  replied to  Ender @2.2.35    2 years ago

No, I would probably have plenty to say, but it would just be the equivalent of squawking at that point....

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.47  Ender  replied to  George @2.2.44    2 years ago

What kind of company did you run? Now I am curious.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.48  TᵢG  replied to  George @2.2.21    2 years ago
Musk is laying of deadwood.

If he is indeed laying off almost ½ of the workforce, that seems more like milking a cash cow rather than excellent management.

But, we do not know his strategy so it is possible that this is ultimately net positive for the company.   It is, however, net bad for the laid off employees and especially those who were committed, loyal and did their jobs ... ~½ of the workforce is almost certainly NOT deadwood.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.49  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.48    2 years ago

I need to take lessons from you. You always come off with, how can I say, elegance.

I seem to come off a little snippy for some reason. What is funny is I am usually in a good mood and don't mean to come off that way.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.50  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @2.2.49    2 years ago

Thanks, but my demeanor changes based on the history of the individual.   By default, I treat everyone as if they want to engage in a civil, adult discussion/debate.   Those who have historically demonstrated otherwise have that factored in.    (Also, recent history is more important than long-term history ... forgive and forget is in effect.)  

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
3  independent Liberal    2 years ago

The entire home is on camera, i don't expect it to ever be released. It's a private matter however just stfu and stop spinning political narratives, that's what has sparked so much interest. I saw where the alleged perp lived, and who he associated with. The neighbors have come forward and said the home is often party to some strange guests when the speaker is out. Just stop, stop talking, we just don't need to know. 

The obvious spinning from allies in the media has only given energy for their political foes to question it. Just stop with it already. The guy lived in a bus with BLM, LGBTQ, and various other democrat bumper sticker slogans. The decision to frame it as some sort of political attack was a calculated mistake. They will spend months undigging the truth when you could have just left it alone.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  independent Liberal @3    2 years ago

If you think you know something interesting why dont you just spit it out. 

Otherwise keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. 

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
3.1.1  independent Liberal  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

Conspiracy theories? I simple stated facts. I don't own stake in the politics of hack because I am strive to be honest. If you want the entire truth to come forward, release the video. I certainly wouldn't though. Nor would I ask the media to carry water for something that obviously isn't true to anyone with any common sense.

Forget the midterms my friend and be honest. It's liberating. I could care less about a party, I am on message in hopes to move people in the right direction. Join me, liberate yourself, be honest, the entire situation is highly unlikely as it's been presented. Then move on and ask people to respect their privacy, They did this to themselves, you don't owe them anything.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  independent Liberal @3.1.1    2 years ago

Praise be.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

You yourself perpetuate a conspiracy theory, to wit: the false narrative that the perp was a right wing Trumper.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago

Oh yes, Greg, that was promoted by CNN and MSNBC, wasn't it?

I wonder if the old Twitter would have censored it as "disinformation?"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    2 years ago

He was

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    2 years ago

No Musk promoted a story on Twitter just after acquiring it that Mr. Pelosi was attacked by a gay lover.  He left that hateful ignorance up for a while  before deleting it

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  independent Liberal @3    2 years ago
when you could have just left it alone.

It is a very serious matter that created a near death situation for Paul Pelosi, so why should it not be thoroughly investigated and discussed openly, and possibly adjudicated if the results dictate. 

To turn a blind eye at it will only lead to a more serious situation.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2    2 years ago
It is a very serious matter

Some users are not on this site to be serious.

It's (some of) the ones who are actually serious who really scare me.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Revillug @3.2.1    2 years ago
It's (some of) the ones who are actually serious who really scare me.

Why do they scare you? Some members here on NT disgust me, others give me a great laugh with their  arrogant ignorance and stupidity, but, none of them scare me. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.2.3  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.2    2 years ago
Why do they scare you?

There is a hateful ugliness that is politically ascendent in this world and in this country. You can see that hateful ugliness right here on this site. Some of the users here are every bit as hateful as they seem to be and I see no reason to be amused.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Well, where do you draw the line with surveillance protection of public officials and their families?  There’s obviously too many of them to provide eyes on, plus the potential for a break in to be off camera.  Who makes the cut for active monitoring?  Whose family is less important than others?  It’s an impossible situation to address in any other fair ways then to stop the bullshit rhetoric that is driving psychos to act like this in the first place.  We’re headed in a dark direction.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    2 years ago

“…the bullshit rhetoric that is driving psychos to act like this in the first place.”

January 6 was heinous in its inception, intention and deed…but in ways thousands are easier to monitor and ultimately disperse.

The lone wolf is much more difficult to defend against. As with the gun issue, mental health is given lip service…particularly when so many with those same lips are spewing nothing based in fact, anything to divide, and everything to incite. Too many buy into the rhetoric (and it is all bullshit) in their fear and ignorance and the most fragile are willing to act as you so correctly stated…in the most ‘dark direction’.

Shameful and insidious. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1    2 years ago

I remember far back to the early days of the internet, when there were a few forward thinking tech people making the observation that while the internet certainly is a paradigm shift in informational opportunity, it is also going to become a train wreck for governing and societal discord.  I made up my mind at that point to severely limit my personal information and participation in this juggernaut.  The world has succeeded in treating this vast information resource as a toilet for hate and misinformation, and the evidence mounts every day that those early observations were accurate.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.1    2 years ago

“The world has succeeded in treating this vast information resource as a toilet..”

Read a professor of sociology paper (cannot remember the document) relating the access to information available to a child learning a language.

We are in the early stages of our ability to negotiate the vast amount of information…hence the babbling, incoherent self-serving nature of the ‘conversation’. No, mine, no, mine are the predominant responses, as thinking outside oneself has not yet been developed. 

It will be interesting to see if we can take the next developmental step into empathy for others, processing truth from fiction, and gaining any semblance of understanding…particularly when we have no guidance from a traditional parental or scholarly influence. 

An interesting study, and bottom line, it is obvious we are a long way from fluency and/or adulthood. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    2 years ago

Paul Pelosi is a very lucky man. According to news reports, SF police showed up at his home in two minutes. The median response time for Priority A calls is nearly 9 minutes.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1  Sunshine  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    2 years ago
SF police showed up at his home in two minutes.

They didn't send a social worker?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sunshine @5.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Sunshine @5.1    2 years ago
They didn't send a social worker?

The cops they sent also didn't shoot Mr. DePape.

If that's not an example of white privilege, I don't know what is.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Revillug @5.1.2    2 years ago

Why is that an example of white privilege?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @5.1.2    2 years ago

Exactly, Pelosi is lucky that he attacker was white or he might of been collateral damage when the cops opened fire in the dark house as they struggled with the hammer.   

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.5  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.3    2 years ago

Let it be a black man hitting a white man with a hammer in the head and see how long the cop's bullets stay in the cop's guns.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @5.1.5    2 years ago
Let it be a black man hitting a white man with a hammer in the head and see how long the cop's bullets stay in the cop's guns.

How long?

SF has had about 58 officer-shot 'victims' over the last 22 years, not all of those killed have been black. Seems like a city as diverse as SF would have killed many more by now if what you insinuate is true.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  Revillug @5.1.5    2 years ago

Cops don't shoot people all day long.

This incident has nothing to do with race regardless of your flailing about to make it about race.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.8    2 years ago
This incident has nothing to do with race regardless of your flailing about to make it about race.

Seems to be the go-to for liberals.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Revillug @5.1.2    2 years ago
example of white privilege

Because making it about something that is irrelevant is the way to go.  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.11  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.3    2 years ago

I guess if they really wanted to coddle Mr. DePape, they could have sent over that social worker you suggested.

So maybe SF is just a well run Democratic city after all.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Sunshine  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    2 years ago
Seems to be the go-to for liberals.

Good grief...cut off MSNBC for these people.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Sunshine  replied to  Revillug @5.1.11    2 years ago
 they could have sent over that social worker you suggested.

Along with your attempt at race baiting you can't comprehend a comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @5.1.11    2 years ago

Maybe the Giants are going to win the World Series this year, too.

LMAO!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @5.1.11    2 years ago

Of course it is, why did you have doubt?  How many other cities provided a website for reporting and downloading a human poop map to help keep your shoes clean?

Total violent crimes was only 3.1% higher between Aug. 1 and Sept. 25 this year than over those days last year.

Maybe the only criticism is the Black exodus.  In 1990, SF was 10.9% Black. In 2021, it was 5.7% Black. The Black population is the only racial group in the city that has consistently declined in every census count since 1970.  But then again, the West Coast has never been Black friendly.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.12    2 years ago
Good grief...cut off MSNBC for these people.

And only leave them with late night comedians as 'news' sources?

No way!!

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.17  devangelical  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.8    2 years ago
Cops don't shoot people all day long.

exactly. they're allowed a 15 minute donut shop break twice a day and 1 hour for lunch, with enough time left for the occasional suspect beating, drug dealer robbery, or assault on a sex worker.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1.17    2 years ago
exactly. they're allowed a 15 minute donut shop break twice a day and 1 hour for lunch, with enough time left for the occasional suspect beating, and/or assault on a sex worker.

58 in 22 years in San Francisco.

You know, if facts matter at all to you.

Seems a bastion of liberalness like SF would hire better officers and have better policies, being a Democrat-run city with DAs with histories of being soft on crime.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.19  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.18    2 years ago

rwnj facts only matter to themselves.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1.19    2 years ago

Aw, is your Google not working today?

Need me to do the research FOR you and provide links?

What sources will you consider acceptable?

I have a few minutes to kill if it is educational for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1.19    2 years ago

You are saying facts only matter to themselves.

Can you explain how that translates in the real world?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @5.1.22    2 years ago

What is the SF DA prosecution rate of SF Cop killers?>

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

What lie?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.17    2 years ago

Inbetween planting drugs and weapons on dead black 'suspects'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.17    2 years ago

313875286_10229440320735230_5483268178214443046_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7t2IocvNjeIAX_s6ybn&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfCdBzPz7_rvTtV6A1ZkbncVFhzdx5dlk3EDfp-XYjHFUA&oe=63689AE2

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.28  Raven Wing  replied to  devangelical @5.1.19    2 years ago
rwnj facts only matter to themselves

Exactly, as they are the only ones who will believe the bullsh*t.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.29  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sunshine @5.1    2 years ago

Good one! 😆

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.30  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    2 years ago
And only leave them with late night comedians as 'news' sources? No way!!

OK. This is actually a funny comment.

FWIW, I cut the cord and no longer have access to MSNBC, CNN or FoxNews.

I don't miss them.

The TV news sources I am left with (PBS, BBC, ABC, CBS NBC, Newsy, and even a live of city council) manage to think of something to talk about during the day other than the return of Donald Trump and the end of democracy.