╌>

Al Sharpton goes off on 'limousine liberals,' DC 'elites' ignoring crime: They 'don't live in the real world'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  44 comments

By:   Brandon Gillespie (Fox News)

Al Sharpton goes off on 'limousine liberals,' DC 'elites' ignoring crime: They 'don't live in the real world'
MSNBC's Al Sharpton slammed "limousine liberals" and "elites" in Washington, D.C., arguing their choice to ignore the impacts crime was having on minority communities was causing them to lose their support at the ballot box.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MSNBC host Al Sharpton on Monday slammed the approach by Washington, D.C. "elites" and "limousine liberals" in reacting to the rising crime gripping cities across the U.S., declaring those that ignored the problem "don't live in the real world."

During an appearance on "Morning Joe," the left-wing host argued that Democrats were losing support from minorities because they didn't understand what it was like to live a life like those dealing with crime, rising inflation and record high gas prices.

Al Sharpton appears alongside Joe Scarborough on the set of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on April 11, 2022 to discuss the midterm elections. (Screenshot/MSNBC)(Screenshot/MSNBC)

The segment began as a panel discussion with hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough alongside Sharpton and a number of other political commentators discussing the issues facing Democrats as they prepared for the midterm elections in November.

The panel noted the difficulties facing the party as its unpopularity among voters stemming from its handling of the economy remained a major concern.

Scarborough blasted liberal politicians in Washington over what he described as "a blind spot" on where voters actually stood on the political spectrum and warned that they were repeating the same mistakes of the past by pushing far-left policies when more moderate ones proved to win out.

"Let me say it slowly for my Democratic friends in Washington, D.C.: Black voters are more conservative than you are, White woke leaders in Washington, D.C. Hispanic voters are more conservative than you are, White woke leaders in Washington, D.C., Asian-American voters are more conservative than you are … They're more conservative on crime, they're more conservative on education, they're more conservative on these woke issues," he said.

FILE - New York City Mayor Eric Adams speaks during the New York State Democratic Convention in New York, Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File) (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File)

Scarborough cited wins by a "moderate" Joe Biden in the 2020 Democratic primaries, as well as Eric Adams in the 2021 New York City mayoral election to reinforce his point that voters were not as liberal as many progressive Democrats would like.

Sharpton jumped in, agreeing with Scarborough and blasting the disconnect between the liberal "elites" across the country and minority voters feeling the brunt of the issues facing the country.

"They're losing people of color because they really don't get the people of color's life. If you are living in a city, in a neighbor, that is inundated with crime, and you act like that's not an issue you've already lost me. That is an issue," Sharpton said. "You cannot ignore when 12-year-old kids who is somebody's niece and neighbor is killed, and you act like that's a nonissue because you're too elitist to live on the ground."

COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES - 2021/08/01: Mothers of Murdered Columbus Children stand at the intersection of High Street and Broad Street while holding pictures of their deceased children in reaction to rising violence plaguing the city. (Photo by Stephen Zenner/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)(Stephen Zenner/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)

"We don't want to be manipulated by right-wing elitist billionaires or by left-wing guys that don't understand our life on the ground that is living in fear of crime, that is living as a result of inflation that is killing us in many parts of the country. We need gas to go to work," he said.

"These beltway elitists, these limousine liberals here in New York, don't live in the real world and Blacks have to, and browns have to deal with the real world every day, and we don't sit in crowded subways reading left-wing or right-wing propaganda," he added.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

Al Sharpton speaks the unspoken truth.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

And the not so Rev Al Sharpton lives in the real world? Now that's a funny one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    last year

It seems that he understands what plagues the lives of inner city blacks.  It might explain why Chicago turned away from Lori Lightfoot, yet somehow there was a wing of the democratic party that got Brandon Johnson elected. I doubt Johnson is what Chicago's black residents wanted.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    last year

Nope...he was what the white elitist liberals wanted.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Careful Vic, praising Al Sharpton will turn you into a Dem without first passing through the RINO stage.

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    last year

Wow. You are quoting Al Sharpton. I reckon he can be grateful for small minuscule 'moments.' On the other-hand, Al has weathered a great deal of resentment, jealousy, and possibly envy from some conservatives; he is not easily impressed by moments.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2    last year
Al has weathered a great deal of resentment,

Weathered?

More like fostered it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    last year

Bingo!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    last year

We've actually gotten to the point where stating the obvious has become headline news.  That's a sad situation.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1  Hallux  replied to  Nerm_L @3    last year

That's FOX for you but give them a break, current internal woes have them scrambling for anything they can use to trash MSNBC and divert attention.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @3.1    last year

It's very hard to meet the standard for malice but I think that in this case Dominion has av strong case.  The have more than one or two statements that they didn't believe what they were reporting. They have over twenty statements proving that and not just in the initial heat of the battle in the first few days following the election, but for weeks and months later.  It may be harder to prove that they suffered $1.6B in damages, but a sympathetic jury after hearing the testimony on malice, might not need so much proof on damages.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    last year

I wonder how long it is before some liberals start calling him an Uncle Tom.

That IS how it works, isn't it, for anyone not 100% aboard the Liberal train?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year
Uncle Tom

How about I just call him a loud, ignorant, low IQ fool with no redeeming values?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  cjcold @4.1    last year

So you disagree with his accurate and honest assessment?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    last year

After so many decades of spewing racism, lies, and hatred has *Reverend Al* had a Come to Jesus moment? I wonder what's really behind his sudden turnabout?

CB
Professor Principal
5.1  CB  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    last year

Goodness! Some conservatives do know how to keep to a narrative - no matter how ridiculous.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @5.1    last year

Some liberals like to throw shit at the walls and see what sticks.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    last year

Worked for Alvin Bragg.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  CB @5.1    last year

They do? I look forward to you telling me who you think "some conservatives" are. Oh - please keep your reply on topic and less than 20 lines in length. Thanks!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.3    last year

Good luck with that one.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.3    last year
"some conservatives"

Anyone who isn't a part of some liberals?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.4    last year
Good luck with that one.

He'll definitely need some to get a coherent answer.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @5.1    last year

So you don't believe that the Dems are losing minority voters and also the independents??

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.7    last year

Apparently some haven't seen dozens of interviews in which Blacks and Hispanics who were previously stalwart Democrats have lost trust in that party and are now Republicans/Conservatives. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.8    last year

Where?  On Faux 'news'?

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.10  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.7    last year

What I think is polls are like a balance sheet: Up/Down/Same depending on the day! And, while good to take assessments of the political 'climate' - it is too far out from the election to start holding voters to account for what 'sampling' of voters show. That said, democrats should heed the 'canary' singing in this political mine-shaft in hopes of foregoing a forewarning.

As for conservatives and some conservatives, if anybody wants to be 'one' - then go for it! The Republican Party is distinguishing itself in ways which are unmistakable! That is, no one is a conservative or some conservative today who does not INTENTIONALLY want the designation.

That's my perspective on this.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.11  CB  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.8    last year

Wow. "Dozens." Seems to me I see some 'shifting' of republicans out of MAGA. . . and wait for it. . . I predict that as the Republicans get more and more extreme (just like some of the Democrat extremists) new political battle lines will be drawn leaving many republicans/conservatives without a political 'home.'

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    last year

Same thing it's always been. Money and greed!

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2    last year
Money and greed!

Ah that's why I at $800K post here ... what's Al worth, $500K?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.2.1    last year
what's Al worth, $500K?

Oh, so close!

Try $5 million.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Hallux @5.2.1    last year
what's Al worth, $500K?

Yeah, I saw that on that dopey "celebrity" net worth site, too.

If that's all Sharpton's net worth really is, why does he owe multi-millions in back taxes? Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    last year
Yeah, I saw that on that dopey "celebrity" net worth site, too.

From 2014, I believe.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    last year

Try $5 million.

At LEAST that much! He's been hustling since the 1970s!

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    last year
Try $5 million.

Why, because it matches what you want to believe?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.2.6    last year

no a simple search revealed the info and it is far more current than your source.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.7    last year

Google is a friend indeed.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    last year
nd hatred has *Reverend Al* had a Come to Jesus moment?

It's really amazing to the instigator of the Crown Heights riots being paraded around by Kamala Harris as the "conscious of the country"  But, it's the party led in part by a guy who defended Farrakhan and other anti-semites, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3    last year

Sharpton instigated a number of riots (aka *marches*) during his lucrative career.

He started National Action Network (NAN) in 1991 as allegedly an organization designed to educate voters. LOL!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.3.1    last year

Sharpton has been a race-baiting hustler for decades now.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.2    last year

I've never known him to be anything other than that ... except for also being a tax evader, anti-white, and anti-Semite.

Christian reverend, my ass!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    last year
“We don’t want to be manipulated by right-wing elitist billionaires or by left-wing guys that don’t understand our life on the ground, that is living in fear of crime, that is living as a result of inflation that is killing us,” Al Sharpton said. 

EMPHATICALLY!

As to what people will vote for or vote against; it depends on election 'season.'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6    last year

Inflation isn't killing anyone--after all, it is just temporary!

If they live in fear of crime, perhaps it would be wiser to elect DA's and judges willing to go after criminals and incarcerate them as needed.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    last year

After seeing racist al get himself involved in anything that could benefit racist al without any regard for truth or families I don't believe he says anything without having an angle where racist al could make a few dollars

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8  Jack_TX    last year
"These beltway elitists, these limousine liberals here in New York, don't live in the real world and Blacks have to, and browns have to deal with the real world every day, and we don't sit in crowded subways reading left-wing or right-wing propaganda," he added.

I'm pretty sure there are whites living in that real world, too.