╌>

Grandson of man who shot Ralph Yarl says 'fear' and conspiracies consume him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  86 comments

By:   Erik Ortiz (NBC News)

Grandson of man who shot Ralph Yarl says 'fear' and conspiracies consume him
One of the grandchildren of Andrew Lester, the Kansas City homeowner who shot Ralph Yarl after the Black teenager had mistakenly gone to the wrong home, believes police should have acted sooner to arrest his grandfather, who he said has been overtaken by conspiracy theories in recent years.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of the grandchildren of Andrew Lester, the Kansas City homeowner who shot Ralph Yarlafter the Black teenager had mistakenly gone to the wrong home, believes police should have acted sooner to arrest his grandfather, who he said has been overtaken by conspiracy theories in recent years.

"I am deeply saddened by what happened — it's a tragedy, and I believe the responsible party must be held accountable," Lester's grandson Klint Ludwig said Thursday in a text message.

"I blame KCPD for failing to act the day of," he said of the Kansas City Police Department, "and am glad that the backlash to their inaction has led to charges. It is not easy to see someone I was close with make such a terrible mistake, but I will apply my convictions evenly and denounce what he's done in the strongest terms."

1681991004872_tdy_news_7a_vespa_ralph_yarl_230420_1920x1080-2qucjt.jpg

Wrong doorbell shooting: Homeowner pleads not guilty

April 20, 202302:13

Ludwig, 28, a former public safety officer who lives in suburban Kansas City, said he grew up knowing that his grandfather was "great" and would spend time at his grandparents' home exploring their quiet, kid-friendly neighborhood — streets he himself found to be very similar.

Ludwig said he never really knew what his grandfather's social and political views were when he was younger but said Lester had become consumed with watching conservative news outlets and following conspiracy theories built on misinformation.

"His actions are his responsibility, and falling into the fear and paranoia stoked by the 24-hour news cycle and wild conspiracies did not help his mental state," Ludwig said.

Ludwig said his political views differ greatly from his grandfather's and his thoughts are with the young Black high school student who could have lost his life for simply going to the wrong home.

"Ralph deserves justice, regardless of my relationship with the shooter," Ludwig said. "Black Lives Matter always."

The random encounter on the night of April 13 between Lester, 84, and Yarl, 16, has brought attention to other incidents in America of a young person acting mistakenly during a seemingly innocuous event and then getting shot for it. In recent days, a 20-year-old woman was fatally shot in upstate New York after turning into the wrong driveway and two cheerleaders in Texas were shot after getting into the wrong car, authorities said.

Yarl, an honors student at Staley High School in Kansas City, was going to pick up his younger brothers from a home in the city's Northland neighborhood when he mistakenly rang the doorbell of the wrong address, his family's attorney said.

More on the shooting of Ralph Yarl

• Ralph Yarl is a gifted chemistry student and a 'gentle soul,' former teacher says
  • 'He didn't deserve to get shot': Good Samaritan who helped Ralph Yarl found him bloody and motionless
  • Will Ralph Yarl's shooter be protected by Missouri's 'stand your ground' law?
  • Biden spoke at length with Ralph Yarl and stressed commitment to fighting gun violence

The home belonged to Lester, who later told police that he was going to bed when he heard the doorbell ring and grabbed his .32-caliber revolver. Lester said he saw a Black male he didn't know pulling on the exterior storm door handle and thought his home was being broken into, according to a probable cause statement filed by police.

Lester said he fired twice through the glass door before the male ran away, and that they did not exchange words. He said firing his weapon "was the last thing he wanted to do, but he was 'scared to death'" because of his age and the male's size, police wrote.

But Yarl gave a different version of events, according to police: He said he did not pull on the door handle and that he was waiting after having rung the bell when a man opened the door and shot him in the head and then in the arm. Yarl told investigators that he heard a voice say, "Don't come around here."

Yarl was hospitalized and released three days later. His family's lawyer, Lee Merritt, said he is expected to make close to a full recovery, although he suffered permanent physical injuries from a cracked skull, loss of brain tissue and scarring.

Lester pleaded not guilty Wednesday to felony counts of assault in the first degree and armed criminal action, and could face a maximum sentence of life in prison. He remains free on a $200,000 bail.

Neither he nor his lawyer could immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

The shooting gained widespread attention as Black celebrities, activists and politicians demanded that authorities make an arrest in the shooting after Lester, who is white, was released within two hours of him being initially questioned.

Clay County Prosecuting Attorney Zachary Thompson told reporters after announcing charges that while there is a racial component to the case, there was nothing in the charging documents to specify the shooting itself was racially motivated.

In interviews with The Kansas City Star, some of Lester's relatives said they do not believe he is racist nor that he shot Yarl explicitly because the teenager is Black.

Daniel Ludwig, another grandson of Lester's, told the newspaper that he thinks his grandfather would not have shot Yarl if he didn't believe Yarl had "gone for the door."

"If you look at the affidavit, there were actions taken that caused it," Daniel Ludwig said.

Dean Smith, a nephew of Lester's, told The Star that Lester has been living alone after his wife went to a rehab facility, and that he could understand if his uncle felt scared if he thought there was an intruder.

Lester, a retired airline mechanic, was an airman in the military and had owned a gun for years, according to his family. As part of his bond supervision, a judge ordered him to surrender any firearms.

"He's worked with so many people," Smith told The Star. "He's been a supervisor and all, over different races. He's just a really straightforward, everyday person. He was just retired military, trying to get on with life."

190619-erik-ortiz-byline2205.jpg Erik Ortiz

Erik Ortiz is a senior reporter for NBC News Digital focusing on racial injustice and social inequality.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

Mark me as not surprised. Not at all surprised!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    last year

Definitely shows the need for Missouri to pass a red flag law.  But then again, if the family knew that this person as elderly as he was, had also had become consumed with watching conservative news outlets and following conspiracy theories built on misinformation, why didn't they as a family get together to talk with their 82 YO father about giving up his gun?  Just another case of ignoring the issue and keeping their head in the sand.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Snuffy @2    last year

So...  We agree that somebody who has "become consumed with watching conservative news outlets and following conspiracy theories built on misinformation" shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    last year

It's a discussion that should be had.  I'm all for proper red flag laws that are properly adjudicated with due process.  I did say they should have gotten together to talk with their father about giving up his guns.

Your comment would appear to be very partisan in nature as if  you're looking for a fight, that's not me.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    last year
It's a discussion that should be had.  I'm all for proper red flag laws that are properly adjudicated with due process.

He had committed no crime prior to the shooting.  Do you feel he should qualify to have his guns taken away due to his political beliefs?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.2    last year

Again, it's a discussion that his family should have had with him. Just his political beliefs?  No!.   

As I stated above, I agree with red flag laws so long as they are properly adjudicated and follow due process.  

You comment also would appear to be very partisan in nature as if you are looking for a fight.  

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.4  afrayedknot  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    last year

“…they should have gotten together to talk with their father about giving up his guns.”

Agreed. A really hard discussion, but like driving a car at an advanced age, one that needs to be had…for his safety and everyone else’s. And not just because of his age.

When parents see adverse behavior in their children, teachers see dangerous behavior in their students, therapists hear threatening behavior from their patients; there needs to a mechanism in place that allows these caregivers to report such behaviors and as you correctly state, with due processes followed, restrict access to all weapons until those behaviors change and can be properly adjudicated. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.3    last year
Again, it's a discussion that his family should have had with him.

The discussion was about red flag laws.  The question was if he would qualify under those red flag laws to have his guns taken away.

Anyone that deeply intrenched in conspiracy theories and 2nd Amendment worship, would not have allowed anyone to take his guns away, not even family members.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Snuffy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.5    last year

No, all I said was that this instance helps show that Missouri needs to pass a red flag law as the state currently does not have any such laws.  I support such laws provided they are properly adjudicated and follow due process.  But the thread was never about red flag laws, it is a moot point anyway as Missouri does not have any such laws.

My discussion was that without a red flag law, why didn't the family of this guy still have the hard discussion with the man about how maybe he should give up his guns.  Neither you or I know any more about this individual other than what we can read in the news so we are not qualified to know what he was like or if he would have allowed his family to take possession of his guns.  And doing a little research into the grandson who spoke with Don Lemon will also show that we really need to take the grandson's comments with a huge grain of salt.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.5    last year

I agree, that was not going to happen - no one was going to take the guns of the hateful old whackjob

He shot twice through the door with no warning or provocation. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.8  CB  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    last year

This one is going to take some 'deep' investigation and 'study,' because elderly people often do have issues associated with understanding, processing, and personal weaknesses which only each individual knows for sure. Then, to start with, there is the fact that not all elderly people are nice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.2    last year
He had committed no crime prior to the shooting.  Do you feel he should qualify to have his guns taken away due to his political beliefs?

Do you understand what red flag laws even are?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    last year

It's fantastic  that a satanist Antifa supporter's word is uncritically accepted on the left because it fits the narrative they are trying to push.

But that's what happens when you get you your news from unreliable sites. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    last year

Oh my, guess I'm no better than CNN.  I didn't look to see who Klint Ludwig was myself..  all I can say is OMG!!!!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    last year

No surprise left wing outlets chose him as the representative family member to give airtime to.   

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    last year

No worries. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm not surprised that this Antifa satanist ran to Don Lemon for his 15 minutes of "fame". He knew that Lemon would believe all of his crap.

Here's the real scoop about Klint Ludwig that supports Sean's statements, and they include Klint's original Twitter posts which describe his own anti-American beliefs.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    last year
that's what happens when you get you your news from unreliable sites

... like FOX.

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.3  Thomas  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    last year

I saw nothing in the sportskeeda article that disqualifies his opinion. 

So he prays to a different fairy godmother. 

He supports antifa, but that doesn't disqualify his opinion,  and neither do his tweets against the country.  Contextually, I can even agree with the sentiments behind some of them.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thomas @3.3    last year

Okay, I'm sure you'd equally value the opinion of a January 6th rioter  appearing on Fox News to call someone a deranged progressive corrupted  by MSNBC

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.3.2  Thomas  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.1    last year

Would I? It is an opinion, after all is said and done.  I mean, I read and consider your opinions and sometimes give my own in response.  I know where you stand on this issue, because you told me up there.  You also know where I stand.  

Do you have anything else to add or are you going to continue to attempt to confuse the issue? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Thomas @3.3    last year

I support antifa too, especially when they're beating the fuck out of trumpsters...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.4  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @3.3.2    last year
Would I?

Probably, yes.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.5  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @3.3.3    last year

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.4  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    last year

This freak?weird-bias-huh.jpg

CB
Professor Principal
3.4.1  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.4    last year

A man shoots a kid and you try pulling damage control by denigrating someone else political views? Just how well do you think this kid knows his grandpa?

What you have established with this display of the grandson is his political views are different from the grandpa and other some conservatives!  Duh! My political worldview is different from some conservatives too - and I would not buy a gun for purposes of shooting a CONSERVATIVE of any race or ethnicity for walking up to my door and simply ringing the bell!

This is the silliness that masquerades as intelligent discussion on the Right? What is wrong with some conservatives?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    last year
Grandson Of Man Who Shot Ralph Yarl Says 'Fear' And Conspiracies Consume Him

raise your hand if you are not surprised

raising_hands.jpg

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year
are not surprised

Who would be surprised an antifa supporting satanist  trashed his grandpa (of whom he could provide no examples of being racist other than being an old white Christian) in order to attack Fox News?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    last year

Do you think that fear and conspiracies they see on Fox News consume anyone?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    last year
that fear and conspiracies they see on Fox News consume anyone?

People are consumed by fear and conspiracies for all sorts of reasons. I have no idea  what the mental state of this particular person was. 

I do know that just because some crazy ass left winger (who obviously is consumed by fear and conspiracies himself) says something doesn't make it true. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.2    last year

Do you think that fear and conspiracies they see on Fox News consume anyone?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     last year

The indisputable fact is that Lester shot the kid standing on his porch. Is he a racist, I have no idea and neither does anyone commenting on this article. 

He shot an unarmed kid, twice. Why did he shoot him, he claims that he was afraid for his life. My question would be if you were afraid why answer the door at all? Call the cops if he felt he was in danger. 

I guess it will come out sooner or later but the fact is that two lives are ruined, the kids and Lesters. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Kavika @5    last year
the fact is that two lives are ruined, the kids and Lesters. 

Lesters life is ruined. Ralph and his family hit the jackpot collecting over $3.4 million and growing in donations on Go Fund Me.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1    last year

Good!

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Kavika   replied to  MonsterMash @5.1    last year
Lester's life is ruined.

It is and it was Lester himself that ruined it. Just deserts.

Ralph and his family hit the jackpot collecting over $3.4 million and growing in donations on Go Fund Me.

Having the donated money is a good thing for Ralph. Being shot in the head will carry long-term consequences for him both physically and mentally. Hitting the ''jackpot'' isn't what I would call getting shot.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5.1.2    last year

who hasn't seen this type of back story play out among the elderly in their friends and family. FOX has been fomenting unamerican themes and promoting domestic terrorism on air since their inception. they've been taking advantage of an age group that values loyalty above everything else and are from a time when they could believe what news organizations broadcast or printed. they cannot grasp the FOX concept of lying is protected free speech. I expect to see a lot more of these types of stories about paranoid old farts that have had their brains warped by FOX and that come out blasting whenever one of FOX's enemies steps on their properties or appears at their door.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @5.1.2    last year

That money will cover some of his medical expenses.  He may need care for the rest of his life.

I don't call getting shot in the head hitting the 'jackpot' either.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.3    last year

Now black people have even more to worry about - if they will make it home alive (something most worry about every day as it is) will my mothers, brothers, sisters - will my children make it home alive?  Will I make it home alive?  For the crime of being black. . . .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1.3    last year
FOX has been fomenting unamerican themes and promoting domestic terrorism on air since their inception.

Wow. let's just make shit up, throw it at the walls, and see what sticks, huh?

SMH at inane, insane lies once again.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    last year

... or a couple girl scouts selling cookies appearing in uniform at some maga cretin's door...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1.7    last year
or a couple girl scouts selling cookies appearing in uniform at some maga cretin's door...

Or maybe your own door?

After all, Girl Scouts talk about (GASP!!!) GOD in their promise, and it is clear how you feel about 'thumpers'!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.7    last year

well they do support LGBTQ+ causes so that's a good reason to blow them away

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.10  CB  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    last year

It's even worse than this or that. What does it mean to the country when humans, known to inherently make mistakes, can not even knock on a door and walk away safely? Where is the sense of community? Has it gone up/is it going up in smoke?

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.11  CB  replied to  devangelical @5.1.7    last year

Will conspiracy theorist view any attempt to solicit help or purchase as larceny? Such a position is pessimistically dangerous and full of error in judgement and can not be allowed to stand as is.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.12  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.8    last year

[deleted]

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @5.1.12    last year

Spilling a box of Alpha-Bits ... ?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Hallux @5.1.13    last year

Sure didn't.

I am just acknowledging that most leftists believe you can call yourself anything you want, so I am helping by giving a new acronym that may or not fit everything. Things that don't have a letter are what the plus is for......

Maybe even straight white males, after all, inclusiveness is all the leftist rage, right?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @5.1.14    last year

Rage doesn't pick sides. That said you can find me somewhere here:

Hint: Find a scattered pattern.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1.15    last year

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    last year

Until more comes out, if there is more for use to hear/read about, this appears to be just 'one of those unfortunate misunderstandings which could have gotten someone killed-including Lester, in my opinion.  There will need to be some compensation for this near tragedy, nevertheless!

devangelical
Professor Principal
7  devangelical    last year

meh, I fully expect this old foxtard to suck on his gun when he realizes where he will be spending the rest of his life.

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @7    last year

he'll be in good company there - a lot of fellow magats should be there

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @7    last year

You know one night a couple of weeks ago - I was asleep - it was about 11:30 on a Tuesday night I believe - and someone knocking on the door woke me up - they knocked a second time and a third - of course I didn't answer it.  I was unsettled for a minute and thought - who the hell could that be?  I figured someone obviously knocked on the wrong door - had the wrong address - maybe it was food delivery - whatever.  

My first choice wasn't though to shoot someone in the head through the door twice without maybe saying first - who is it??  or go away??!!  or call the police?  (I don't own a gun in the first place)

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.1  CB  replied to  Tessylo @7.2    last year

I am always leery (lights deeming in the theater of my imagination) of people who knock at inopportune hours of the night. It is. . . quite disorienting. . .even when a friend! It cann cause upset to one's personal equilibrium. That said, taking a gun on one's person to answer the door/call - even having it out - is not the problem. That it is said he shot through his own glass door several times without giving the youth a chance-that is just cruel and unusual punishment.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8  sandy-2021492    last year

There seem to be a few people here who are, or pretend to be, more outraged by the grandson's beliefs than they are by the grandfather's actions.  I say "pretend to be", because we've all seen manufactured outrage from these same folks.  And also because reasonable people are well aware that this young man's religious beliefs haven't actually caused any harm at all, but the grandfather's actions certainly have.  These folks certainly know that, but must deflect attention away from the would-be killer by attacking his grandson over something.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8    last year
There seem to be a few people here who are, or pretend to be, more outraged by the grandson's beliefs than they are by the grandfather's actions. 

Well, the topic of the seed is the grandkid, not the old man, so....

there's that.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1    last year

I'm confident most people can see what the article is about, and also what your reaction to it is about.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.1    last year

So why complain about what people are posting when their posts are on topic, including mine?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1.2    last year

Just pointing out that you're more worried about what one person worships than who another person tries to kill.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.4  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.3    last year

Where did I say I was more worried about the kid than the old man.

Seed an article about the old man and I will opine on how I feel about him.......when he isthe topic.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1.4    last year

The focus of your comments is evident.  If you don't want folks to notice your priorities, don't make them public.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.6  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.5    last year
Don't make them public

Well, this is a public forum, is it not? Problem you have is twofold.

1. Every one of my posts were on topic and not want you want them to be.,

2. You are trying to make this about me, and not the topic of the seed because I am not posting the way you prefer.

Nowhere have I seen where the seeder has made this an open seed, so being on topic is essential to order, and not making the seed about other posters is detrimental to not getting posts deleted, correct?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1.6    last year

It is a public forum.  And you are free to prioritize attacking people's innocuous beliefs over condemning the dangerous and harmful actions of the family members they call out, and we are free to call you out on the priorities revealed in those comments.

Also, I didn't name you in my opening comment.  If you saw your own actions in my words and chose to respond, well...

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.8  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.7    last year

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1.8    last year

Bugsy, by showing up to comment, you decided it was about you.  If you don't like having the less savory aspects of your comments pointed out, don't post them.  After all, as you pointed out, it is a public forum.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.7    last year

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.11  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.9    last year
[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @8.1.11    last year
reasonable people are well aware that this young man's religious beliefs haven't actually caused any harm at all, but the grandfather's actions certainly have.  These folks certainly know that, but must deflect attention away from the would-be killer by attacking his grandson over something.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.12    last year

[removed]

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.14  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.12    last year

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.15  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.13    last year
[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.16  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @8.1.15    last year

I think she'll understand what I mean. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.17  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.16    last year

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.18  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @8.1.17    last year

It was my article yet the trolls win the day!

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.19  bugsy  replied to  JBB @8.1.18    last year
[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.20  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @8.1.19    last year

Why bother?

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.21  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @8.1.19    last year

deleted

[Please reread the CoC in particular the parts about who gets to determine the topic of an article.]

[Hint: It isn't a participant.]

[You may appeal to the RA for all of your tickets for taunting, derailing and insulting.]

[Have a nice day]

CB
Professor Principal
8.2  CB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8    last year

Emphatically.

It is apparently an old damage control tactic: "Shoot the messenger." It implies you can't trust the deliverer of the messages, consequently ignore the content of the message. We see it done here often by those who try to find a record on a person shot down in the street by authorities or those some conservatives dub:  'patriots.'  We can ignore the 'injury,' because the victim of a crime was considered 'worthless' in the eyes of the beholder (anyway).  That is wrong. But it is what these people are doing.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    last year

I make a lot of transactions on Craigslist, and often find myself pulling in the wrong driveway or even knocking on the wrong door.  Until recently I didn’t realize that I was taking my life into my own hands.  This country just continues to spiral to a low place, and it is nauseating to watch so-called patriots defend its descent with their unwavering support for gun rights.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    last year

trumpsters are the reason I carry...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1    last year
trumpsters are the reason I carry...

So what was your reason for carrying before Trump?

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    last year

tea party dipshits. so pretty much the same thing...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1.2    last year

oh the way you go on and on about how tough you are with a gun, I figured you had carried your whole life.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.3    last year

nope, just on and off for the last 15 years...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1.4    last year

oh so politics made ypu carry.

that's kind of crazy but with your penchant for shooting thumpers, rather surprising.

CB
Professor Principal
9.2  CB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    last year

That's interesting, Hal, to hear. I stopped 'doing' Craigslist and Offer Up indefinitely a few years back because of 'chilling' reports of violence and robberies. To be honest, I really do miss their 'services.' But, you be careful out there, especially on the country roads, because those people have creative ways to 'hear' someone coming down their paths and access roads. And in a way, they have to be cautious to a fault!  If you must turn around on private property here is a rule of thumb:

How much farther down a private access way should you go to turn around: Only as far as needed, and not one inch more.

I use the above rule for backing up, because a child or animal can appear from 'nowhere.'

Always assume you are being watched (even if you can discern from where or how).

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    last year

This 'case' does have so many feasible angles to it, depending on where one chooses to stand and look.  That said, there is a MULTIPLICITY of shooting happening in succession (copy cats?) and when/where you find this series. . . is there a conspiracy behind it? Who might be behind it?