╌>

Coventry City 1-0 AFC Bournemouth

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   Coventry City 1-0 AFC Bournemouth

All I can say is I finally went home happy after a League game! Abysmal first half but we played with real belief in the second which makes a change! Even though they aremanager le sI still think they were a real test for us and there were some sticky moments where my heart sank but new bo s Mark Robins footballing style seems to be working.On to the football side andIllkeep it brief Magic Johnson Jersey for the first half, I would say there was one major save and that went to the away keeper to make in former England international David James. Mark Robins brought John Fleck in for Gary McSheffrey, personally thought Fleck ran his socks off today. Nathan Cameron also came in for his first start since being on the sideline late last season for the injured WilliamEdjenguele, the home side also welcomed back Jordan Clarke from injury as Cyrus Christie dropped to the bench. Coventry started the brightest as David McGoldrick put the ball in the net early on but was judged offside. The home side continued to dominate withpo se sionbut the Elgin Baylor Jersey visitors dominated the corner count but it was easily defended by the City defence. The only save on paper was from McGoldrick shot which James in the Bournemouth goal flapped at when saving. Both James Bailey and Adam Barton had long range shot but they were no problem at all. Beendisappointed in Barton last few games, he seems to lay off tackles, only reason for this I reckon is he just recently came back from a horrific broken leg so I gue s hes a bit delicate when playing. That was it for the first half, 4-5-1 was not working, second half change won us the game by far.Second half City switched to 4-4-2 with Callum Ball replacing Adam Barton. Straight away Franck Mou sa shot was push around for a corner, James then showed why he used to beEnglandsnumber 1 as McGoldrick shot was sent round for a corner to the home side. From theresultingcorner Richard Wood should really of scored, scoring from the exact same Los Angeles Lakers Hats like corner against MK Dons midweek this time his header could only smash off the bar. Callum Ball also when close but heheadedwide. Failing to score gavemanager le s Bournemouthconfidence and Joe Murphy was a fullstretch as he had to tip ShaunMacDonald shot over the bar. The Ricoh was in full swing on the hourmarkas substitute Ball picked up the ball and his lobbed pa s was caught onto byMcGoldrick who just nipped it to the lefthand side of James goal and to the delight of the City fans who chanted DAVID MCGOLDRICK DUDUDUDU!, also thought the Bournemouth defence seemed to sit back and let him slip through for the goal. City sat back a bit Alfonzo McKinnie Jersey and the away side brought on well known striker Matt Tubbs once of Crawley Town to try and get an equaliser, and they nearly did asJamieReckord dreadful header back to Murphy let in Tubbs but the Irishman in goal did enough to put the striker off. McGoldrick wassubstituted by Stephen Elliot, he left the pitch with a standing ovation, really do hope we sign him inJanuary.That was it for chances really but City had to face a last ditch attempt as Lewis Grabban low shot went thankfully into the safe hands off Joe Murphy. Final whistle went and the 3 pointweredeserved, captain Carl Baker was MOTM for me, andImnot really a Danny Green Jersey Baker fan but he played superb in midfield.Scrappy 1-0 win butill take thatevery time. Onto York City in the JPT Tuesday PUSB!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

All I can say is I finally went home happy after a League game! Abysmal first half but we played with real belief in the second which makes a change! Even though they aremanager le sI still think they were a real test for us and there were some sticky moments where my heart sank but new bo s Mark Robins footballing style seems to be working.On to the football side andIllkeep it brief Magic Johnson Jersey for the first half, I would say there was one major save and that went to the away keeper to make in former England international David James. Mark Robins brought John Fleck in for Gary McSheffrey, personally thought Fleck ran his socks off today. Nathan Cameron also came in for his first start since being on the sideline late last season for the injured WilliamEdjenguele, the home side also welcomed back Jordan Clarke from injury as Cyrus Christie dropped to the bench. Coventry started the brightest as David McGoldrick put the ball in the net early on but was judged offside. The home side continued to dominate withpo se sionbut the Elgin Baylor Jersey visitors dominated the corner count but it was easily defended by the City defence. The only save on paper was from McGoldrick shot which James in the Bournemouth goal flapped at when saving. Both James Bailey and Adam Barton had long range shot but they were no problem at all. Beendisappointed in Barton last few games, he seems to lay off tackles, only reason for this I reckon is he just recently came back from a horrific broken leg so I gue s hes a bit delicate when playing. That was it for the first half, 4-5-1 was not working, second half change won us the game by far.Second half City switched to 4-4-2 with Callum Ball replacing Adam Barton. Straight away Franck Mou sa shot was push around for a corner, James then showed why he used to beEnglandsnumber 1 as McGoldrick shot was sent round for a corner to the home side. From theresultingcorner Richard Wood should really of scored, scoring from the exact same Los Angeles Lakers Hats like corner against MK Dons midweek this time his header could only smash off the bar. Callum Ball also when close but heheadedwide. Failing to score gavemanager le s Bournemouthconfidence and Joe Murphy was a fullstretch as he had to tip ShaunMacDonald shot over the bar. The Ricoh was in full swing on the hourmarkas substitute Ball picked up the ball and his lobbed pa s was caught onto byMcGoldrick who just nipped it to the lefthand side of James goal and to the delight of the City fans who chanted DAVID MCGOLDRICK DUDUDUDU!, also thought the Bournemouth defence seemed to sit back and let him slip through for the goal. City sat back a bit Alfonzo McKinnie Jersey and the away side brought on well known striker Matt Tubbs once of Crawley Town to try and get an equaliser, and they nearly did asJamieReckord dreadful header back to Murphy let in Tubbs but the Irishman in goal did enough to put the striker off. McGoldrick wassubstituted by Stephen Elliot, he left the pitch with a standing ovation, really do hope we sign him inJanuary.That was it for chances really but City had to face a last ditch attempt as Lewis Grabban low shot went thankfully into the safe hands off Joe Murphy. Final whistle went and the 3 pointweredeserved, captain Carl Baker was MOTM for me, andImnot really a Danny Green Jersey Baker fan but he played superb in midfield.Scrappy 1-0 win butill take thatevery time. Onto York City in the JPT Tuesday PUSB!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc