╌>

An incident in Baltimore

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  24 comments

An incident in Baltimore
In a May 4, 2015, interview on Fox News, Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz said that he believes Mosby overcharged the officers in an attempt to satisfy protesters and prevent further disturbances.[35] Former Baltimore Prosecutor Page Croyder wrote an op-ed in The Baltimore Sun in which she described Mosby's charges as reflecting "either incompetence or an unethical recklessness". Croyder said that Mosby circumvented normal procedures "to step into the national limelight", and that she...

Link to Quote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Mosby

Unfortunately I have to use this video because it is the only one I have. There is a narrator, who is trying to teach people how to de-escalate confontation. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with thugs. If they had the ability to reason, they wouldn't need instruction. At any rate here is the narrated video of the incident, which is an all too common occurance in a city like Baltimore:

The little guy who eventually uses a gun to defend himself is still at large, the Baltimore Police being demasculated and barely functioning.

Thus, the question: Is either of these people a victim?

I'll leave it to our readers.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

In Baltimore you may get away with punching someone once, but I wouldn't advise you to try it twice in the same day.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2  Drinker of the Wry    11 months ago

Baltimore, a Blue city success story in a Blue state.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    11 months ago

The dude was home free if he just kept driving but the aggressor didn’t need to pursue either.   They are both at fault.

About what one would expect from a liberal shithole like Baltimore though.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    11 months ago

One of the online services I use asks, for a security question, which city would you never want to visit. My answer is Baltimore LOL

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    11 months ago

At the risk of being censured, that is hilarious!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    11 months ago

Does the NAACP have a travel warning for Baltimore?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    11 months ago

No, they usually reserve that for red states or cities only.

Otherwise, they have to admit they have a real problem.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    11 months ago

Do you think anyone will listen to that travel warning?  I wouldn't want Florida to become overly crowded.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    11 months ago

Bingo

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    11 months ago
o, they usually reserve that for red states or cities only.

The actual killings of blacks in liberal cities/states is nowhere near as important as the made up scenarios  they have for Florida.

To the NAACP and other "civil rights" organizations, black lives really do not matter.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    11 months ago

And how much does it cost to have them issue one for Phoenix?  We have too many people moving here now.  Would love to change the state motto to "We don't have enough water, just stay away"....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @4.2.4    11 months ago
The actual killings of blacks in liberal cities/states is nowhere near as important as the made up scenarios  they have for Florida.

The extremely disproportionately high Black homicide rate is of little concern to most NT, a NYC white PA or a whacked preacher in WA state is of far more interest to readers here.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    11 months ago

I haven't read about one yet. My wife and I are very glad that we took our kids on a Baltimore area vacation long before the area became a dangerous cesspool. We really enjoyed Ft. Mc Henry, the aquarium, museums, and Inner Harbor.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.7    11 months ago

The area of land between Johns Hopkins Hospital and Bocek Park is called the Down the Hill hood.

The violent crime rate there is 858% greater than the national average.

It must be terrifying to the kids that have to live there.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    11 months ago

They have a great baseball park and Johns Hopkins saved my life.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.3    11 months ago

Pimlico makes it 3 positives.

Anything else?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    11 months ago

They have a great old theater, built in 2014, the Hippodrome. When my daughter was young we saws some great performances there.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.3.3  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    11 months ago

B&O Railroad Museum 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.3.2    11 months ago

Ok, fair enough.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @4.3.3    11 months ago
B&O Railroad Museum 

That's 5 positives.

How do those things stack up against this:

According to the most recent data from the  FBI , the total crime rate in  Baltimore  is 6,169.9 per 100,000 people. That's 162.99% higher than the national rate of 2,346.0 per 100,000 people and 207.01% higher than the  Maryland  total crime rate of 2,009.7 per 100,000 people.

https://www.homesnacks.com/md/baltimore-crime/#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20most%20recent%20data%20from%20the,total%20crime%20rate%20of%202%2C009.7%20per%20100%2C000%20people.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.5    11 months ago

No problem.    Just put your flack jacket on, pack a little pepper spray and you’re good to go .....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.5    11 months ago

My wife kept the doors locked and wouldn't get out of the car until we were at John Hopkins.  With a squeegee man at every intersection, we had very clean car windows though.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.3.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.6    11 months ago

Don't forget the Sherman tank to drive around in.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    11 months ago
believes Mosby overcharged the officers in an attempt to satisfy protesters and prevent further disturbances.[35] Former Baltimore Prosecutor Page Croyder wrote an op-ed in The Baltimore Sun in which she described Mosby's charges as reflecting "either incompetence or an unethical recklessness".

Mosby, yet another Soros-funded idiot elected in a blue area to wreak havoc on the criminal justice system.

Will Democrats never learn that Soros and his ilk don't have their best interests at heart?