╌>

Hunter Biden agrees to plea deal in Justice Department probe : NPR

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  evilgenius  •  last year  •  118 comments

By:   Carrie Johnson (NPR)

Hunter Biden agrees to plea deal in Justice Department probe : NPR
The president's son agreed to plead guilty to two misdemeanor tax offenses. He's also charged with a felony firearm offense, for which he agreed to enter a pretrial diversion agreement.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Updated June 20, 202310:46 AM ET Originally published June 20, 20239:40 AM ET
carrie-johnson_sq-9497e3082e247ecdeb1eb0ffd8b8acc8605d1fc4.jpeg?s=100&c=85&f=jpeg

Carrie Johnson

ap22188735055493_wide-cc17117ffb54ddf42964e607c359eab4fa22e6a3-s1100-c50.jpg

Hunter Biden is seen after a White House ceremony on July 7, 2022.

Susan Walsh/AP

Hunter Biden, the surviving son of the president, has been charged with federal offenses related to his taxes and business dealings, the U.S. Justice Department said Tuesday.

The younger Biden has agreed to plead guilty to two misdemeanor offenses related to his filing of federal income taxes. Federal authorities also charged him with a felony firearm offense, for which he agreed to enter a pretrial diversion agreement that allows him to avoid prosecution.

According to David Weiss, the Delaware U.S. attorney, Biden did not pay federal income taxes for either 2017 or 2018, despite owing more than $100,000 in taxes each year.

Additionally, in October 2018 Biden possessed a firearm despite knowing he was an unlawful user of and addicted to a controlled substance, Weiss' office said.

If convicted, Hunter Biden faces a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison on each of the tax charges and a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison on the firearm charge, but Weiss' office noted that actual sentences determined by judges are typically less than the maximums.

Weiss' office added that the investigation is ongoing, though Chris Clark, Biden's attorney, said in a statement: "With the announcement of two agreements between my client, Hunter Biden, and the Unites States Attorney's Office for the District of Delaware, it is my understanding that the five-year investigation into Hunter is resolved."

Clark added: "I know Hunter believes it is important to take responsibility for these mistakes he made during a period of turmoil and addiction in his life. He looks forward to continuing his recovery and moving forward."

The White House declined comment on the charges.

"The president and first lady love their son and support him as he continues to rebuild his life. We will have no further comment," said Ian Sams, a White House spokesman, in a statement.

The move follows a lengthy investigation by Weiss in Delaware, where the Biden family has established a political dynasty. Joe Biden served as a U.S. senator for 36 years, before he became vice president in 2009, and his late son Beau worked as attorney general there. (Beau died in 2015.)

Weiss, the top prosecutor in the state, is one of just two U.S. attorneys who stayed on the job at the end of the Trump years, to continue to oversee the Hunter Biden probe. Republicans in Congress had pressed the Justice Department to name a special prosecutor in the case, but federal authorities resisted that idea, arguing that Weiss and his team had been working smoothly and free from political interference.

A grand jury in Delaware has been hearing from witnesses close to Hunter Biden for months. Biden's legal team had said publicly that he faced investigation on his tax practices and other business interests overseas.

At the same time of some of the conduct at issue in the investigation, Hunter Biden struggled with alcohol and drug addictions and a messy personal life.

"Everybody has trauma," Hunter Biden told the New Yorker magazine in 2019. "There's addiction in every family. I was in that darkness. I was in that tunnel—it's a never-ending tunnel. You don't get rid of it. You figure out how to deal with it."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

evilone
Professor Guide
1  seeder  evilone    last year

So here's that. I'm sure we'll hear from all the partisans, wack jobs and propaganda slingers about their pet conspiracy theory.

I pretty much don't care past the simple news value. Hunter Biden isn't a political figure - I didn't vote for him and if he dropped off the edge of the flat earth tomorrow I'd most likely never know until some partisan talking head made up some conspiracy theory about it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1    last year

So he made a deal. He will be sentenced hopefully.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    last year

Not going to happen. Slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, and perhaps, probation. That's the sad part. If it were you or me or any multitude of others, who knows. They are also using the "first time offender" moniker from what I understand.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    last year

You don't know.

But if you were a first time offender your sentence would probably be pretty light

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.3  seeder  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    last year
If it were you or me or any multitude of others, who knows.

Justice is rarely ever blind. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    last year
Justice is rarely ever blind. 

It occasionally needs to clean its glasses, though.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    last year
It occasionally needs to clean its glasses, though.

Sure. Minorities have been crying out for it for decades. Glad to have you onboard.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @1.1.5    last year

See 1.2.5

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    last year
So he made a deal.

On all the minor issues. What is left out of all this are the crimes that matter: The influence peddling of Joe Biden and what countries like China believed they were buying.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    last year

I don't get it. taking bribes, doing drugs, and humping strippers? why didn't he just join the freedom caucus and run for a seat in the house from some goober state, like florida? /s

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @1.1.8    last year

sounds like a plan to me

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.8    last year

Because he is far more comfortable being a  poster boy for Democratic family values and virtues?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  cjcold  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    last year

It would be a slap on the wrist for anybody, not just a Biden.

In fact nobody really gets charged for this lame shit.

But I'm sure that far right wingers hope for the death penalty.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.1.11    last year

so just another gun related law which isn't enforced and yet we should have more gun laws??

that doesn't make sense.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    last year

What's wrong with more laws as long as they are unenforced?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.13    last year

oh, I know it makes fools believe they accomplished something without having any effects on what actually happens

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.14    last year

Exactly, placate the mindless.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.15    last year

it takes so little.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  cjcold @1.1.11    last year

Bullshit..............

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.2  goose is back  replied to  evilone @1    last year
made up some conspiracy theory about it

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory that had you or I defaulted on our taxes to the tune of $100,000 plus that the government wouldn't be turning over every rock we were ever close to looking for undeclared income.  On yeah, lying on a Federal Firearms Application, no big deal. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  goose is back @1.2    last year
On yeah, lying on a Federal Firearms Application, no big deal.

Let's not forget that he and what's-her-name got rid of that illegally owned gun by throwing it into a dumpster very close to school property.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    last year
Let's not forget that he and what's-her-name got rid of that illegally owned gun by throwing it into a dumpster very close to school property.

The leftist sycophants here may not 'remember' it but they damn sure avoid talking about THAT.

Guarantee the tune would be different had it been one of the Trump sons who did it. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  evilone  replied to  goose is back @1.2    last year
I don't think it's a conspiracy theory that had you or I defaulted on our taxes to the tune of $100,000

I paid a lawyer $5K several years ago to get a deferment on $50K worth of federal taxes. It was nothing more than a bunch of paperwork.

On yeah, lying on a Federal Firearms Application, no big deal. 

Did he get a sweetheart deal? Probably, it happens a lot with affluent people. Do I like it? Not at all. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    last year

Re: Hunter's slap on the wrist for tax evasion -- do you remember Trump's CFO, Allen Weisselberg? In Jan 2023, he was sentenced to 5 months in notorious, filthy Rikers Island jail for tax evasion. 

Don't get me wrong ... ALL tax evasion is wrong, IMO. But a slap on the wrist with no jail time for Hunter and a 5 month sentence at Riker's for a Trump associate aren't equal treatment under the law.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    last year

I really think there should be less leeway in sentencing guidelines so such disparities don't occur.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    last year

Do you have a crystal ball? How do you know what kind of sentence Biden will get? You don't and suggesting that all he will get is a slap on the wrist is mere speculation on your part

And 5 months for tax evasion doesn't seem like a lot of time. At least he was in Rikers where his family could visit him and not sent upstate to Danemora or however it's spelled

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.6    last year
How do you know what kind of sentence Biden will get? You don't and suggesting that all he will get is a slap on the wrist is mere speculation on your part

Biden will get treated very lightly.

No doubt about it and YES that is my opinion based on what we have seen happen to children of politicians and other rich people over the years.  To assume he will get any serious time over any of this is wishful thinking or denial of reality.

I prefer 'educated guess' rather than 'speculation' as it is more accurate.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.6    last year
Do you have a crystal ball? How do you know what kind of sentence Biden will get?

I don't need one.

"Despite owing in excess of $100,000 in federal income taxes each year, he did not pay the income tax due for either year," Weiss' office said Tuesday. "According to the firearm Information, from on or about October 12, 2018 through October 23, 2018, Hunter Biden possessed a firearm despite knowing he was an unlawful user of and addicted to a controlled substance."  Weiss' office said if convicted, Hunter Biden faces a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison on each of the tax charges – a total of two years. There is a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison on the firearm charge for which he agreed to a pretrial diversion program. Such programs according to the DOJ website, "divert certain offenders from traditional criminal justice processing into alternative systems of supervision and service" such as mental health or substance abuse treatment. Those who successfully complete diversion programs, the DOJ says, can see "declination of charges, dismissal or reduction of charges, or a more favorable recommendation at sentencing."

Try again, if you wish, but don't expect another reply.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.8    last year

It hasn't happened yet. Your paragraph merely suggests guidelines in sentencing. Has he faced a judge yet?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.8    last year

OMG, Fox News.

Thought I would get that out of the way first.

Probably will be dismissed out of hand as fake news.

Even though it is completely accurate.

Common sense and any familiarity with the justice system tell us that much. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.10    last year

Thanks for understanding that my comment 1.2.4 holds evidence in plain sight  (if one understands what conditionals and question marks mean).

I have a lot of compassion for addicts and their families and have worked with them as a volunteer. But, a line needs to be drawn between compassion and enabling. It seems that Hunter, now age 53, never experienced what's trivially called "rock bottom".

He has been the victim of not only drug addiction but also a victim of his father's influence with the US Navy that made him an officer with a serious drug addiction.  Due to his continued drug use, he was thrown out of the Navy.

Now that his father is president, he'll possibly receive another enabling Get Out of Jail Card for misdemeanors and felonies that would never be given to Americans of lesser status. Enabling and codependency isn't what we teach parents and families of addicts.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.11    last year

I thought you weren't going to reply in this thread any more.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.12    last year

I believe that was referring to replies to you.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.13    last year

but I see she still had to have the last word. And her comment to Texan is an off handed way of telling me I'm stupid and to fuck off

Do you want to continue defending her?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.15  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.9    last year

How many current gun owners do you think checked "No" they do not do drugs on the legal form to purchase a gun who in fact had and continued to do drugs?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @1.2.15    last year

Plenty. Especially in states where cannabis is legal and guns are popular...think Colorado

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.17  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.16    last year

I would bet it is over 50% in Oklahoma...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @1.2.17    last year

They only have medical in OK like in AR. People here have been hesitant to get their MMJ card because they don;t want to give up their guns

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.14    last year
Do you want to continue defending her?

Who is "her"???

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.19    last year

The author of comment

I never got a definitive answer on whether this person is female, male, non binary, or any other

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.21  seeder  evilone  replied to  JBB @1.2.15    last year
How many current gun owners do you think checked "No" they do not do drugs on the legal form to purchase a gun who in fact had and continued to do drugs?

The ATF just put out a public notice in MN where cannabis was just legalized...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.22  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    last year
But a slap on the wrist with no jail time for Hunter and a 5 month sentence at Riker's for a Trump associate

Biden was investigated in Delware, Trump associated tried and convicted in New York.

Delaware loves their criminal Bidens, New Yorkers hate Trump simply because he beat their queen Hillary.

There is the difference.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.2.15    last year

Is that a form of whataboutism?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Kavika   replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    last year

For Weisselberg it was a plea deal that involved the following charges.

He pleaded guilty last August to 15 felonies in a deal with prosecutors. As part of the deal, he was required to testify truthfully at the trial of the   Trump Organization , pay $2 million in back taxes, interest and penalties, and waive any right to appeal

Weisselberg admitted he should have paid taxes on off-the-books compensation, totaling roughly $200,000 in one year, which included a luxury Manhattan apartment overlooking the H[udson River, two Mercedes Benz car leases, parking, utilities, furniture and private school tuition for his grandchildren.

Judge Juan Merchan on Tuesday said had he not already promised a five-month sentence to Weisselberg, he would have issued a stiffer sentence “much greater''.

Weisselberg actually served 100 days of the five month sentence and non of it in GP.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.25  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.9    last year

Actually charges for lying does not seem to be strongly enforced. 

Florida for example:

Submitting false information on a background check form is a federal felony that can lead to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000; yet, as many as 103,000 people in Florida failed background checks in the past ten years with zero consequences, according to an investigation by News4Jax's I-Team and The Trace.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.26  Split Personality  replied to  JBB @1.2.15    last year

Every blessed one of them...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.28  JBB  replied to  dennis smith @1.2.27    last year

Should all gun owners who have smoked weed or done drugs also be charged and forced to surrender their firearms?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.29  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.2.28    last year

Are you for reducing the amount of guns and gun owners in this country?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.30  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.29    last year

Yes 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.31  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.16    last year
Especially in states where cannabis is legal and guns are popular...think Colorado

I couldn't own guns without access to weed. helping unamerican trash to stfu permanently at less than $0.50 each? that's a fraction of the cost of a bottle of water. the temptation would be too great... /s

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.32  cjcold  replied to  goose is back @1.2    last year

Smoking pot does not a drug addict make. Always check that box NO.

Back in my day lots of cops were returning Nam vets.

Have smoked and joked with a few while we were all armed.

In my state one doesn't even need a concealed carry permit.

P.S. Pot does not make one violent. Just the opposite actually.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.33  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @1.2.32    last year

Exactly, firearm purchase applications are just silly.

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.2.35  goose is back  replied to  cjcold @1.2.32    last year
Smoking pot does not a drug addict make

What does smoking pot have to do with Hunter Biden lying on the Federal Form. My state also has Constitutional carry  which I don't really like.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1    last year
So here's that.

The DOJ says they are still investigating. Why did they say that?  So they could refuse to answer House Oversite inquiries.

Look back and you'll find that I and other predicted this plea deal. Two things that are about as minor as anything in the Biden history could be. 

Now Joe thinks he can campaign without a worry for now on. Sadly, he is right.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.3.1  seeder  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    last year
So they could refuse to answer House Oversite inquiries.

Wanna talk about weaponizing government to go after political rivals? What a fucking joke these people have made of themselves and their lemming sycophants.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4  Tacos!  replied to  evilone @1    last year

I have a hard time caring what Hunter Biden does. Maybe I should care, but I just don't. There are so many other things and people that are more impactful on regular people. I can't help feeling that the outsized interest in this guy is purely political. Reminds me of Billy Carter.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.4.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    last year

I don’t think that Billy made so much foreign money.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    last year
I have a hard time caring what Hunter Biden does.

It has always been about Joe.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.4.3  seeder  evilone  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    last year
I have a hard time caring what Hunter Biden does.

Me too.

I can't help feeling that the outsized interest in this guy is purely political.

It is.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.4.4  seeder  evilone  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.1    last year
I don’t think that Billy made so much foreign money.

Ivanka has Hunter beat in that department.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.4.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @1.4.4    last year

What does that have to do with Billy Carter?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.6  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    last year

I found Billy Carter amusing. Still have an unopened six pack of Billy Beer. 

Sure didn't think less of Jimmy for his brother's escapades.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.4.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @1.4.6    last year

Please don't drink it, that would be some nasty ass beer.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.8  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.7    last year
Please don't drink it

It is a collectors item in my wine cellar. Folk see it and smile.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.9  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.7    last year

maybe it improved with age? it was pretty nasty!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.10  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.9    last year
it was pretty nasty!

Bought a case back then and it didn't taste that bad.

Beer doesn't improve with age but have been offered hundreds for that single remaining six pack.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4.11  Tacos!  replied to  cjcold @1.4.6    last year

Omg that’s awesome.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.12  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @1.4.11    last year

It will remain in my wine cellar until the price is right.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    last year

They're going to keep turning over rocks until they find something to nail the Big Guy with.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Greg Jones @2    last year

If you mean Republicans in the House. I agree.

If you mean the FBI, DOJ, and IRS- they are extensions of the Democrat Party. They will obstruct the Republicans at every turn- as Wray has already done by trying to withhold an unclassified document. Whistleblowers are being threatened and intimidated at IRS, DOJ, and FBI as well.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    last year
Whistleblowers are being threatened and intimidated at IRS, DOJ, and FBI as well.

Didn't the Democrats want felony charge for those who even mentioned a whilstleblowers name?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    last year

The recent whistleblowers are just far right wing lying fascists.

They were fired from the FBI for just cause.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.1.2    last year

and there it is, the obligatory and useless recitation of leftwing talking points.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  cjcold @2.1.2    last year
The recent whistleblowers are just far right wing lying fascists.

Of course they are.... jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

If they're saying things liberals don't want to hear....they MUST be lying.... jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    last year

So breaking the law for insurgents is now a left wing talking point?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    last year

nope but that fascist crap certainly is!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.4    last year

one thing not one single person i have seen here can seem to offer up is any explanation at all as to why foreign companies would rain millions on the Biden Family in exchange for nothing at all

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    last year

They committed crimes. Pretty sure that the FBI doesn't like that.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2  seeder  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @2    last year
They're going to keep turning over rocks until they find something to nail the Big Guy with.

The House Circus Ringleader has already had a talk with the press. So, yeah, the distraction from lack of governing continues.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @2.2    last year
The House Circus Ringleader has already had a talk with the press.

The proud tradition of Madame Speaker continues on!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2.2    last year
House Circus Ringleader

Would that be Large Marge?

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    last year

I hear Madame LaMarge has taken up knitting.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2.4  seeder  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    last year
Would that be Large Marge?

McCarthy is the Speaker. Large Marge just likes to run her mouth.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2.2.4    last year

Ah. Thanks. Got confused when some body said something about Madame Speaker.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2.6  seeder  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.5    last year
Got confused when some body said something about Madame Speaker.

You could refer to McCarthy as Madame Speaker when Trump keeps McCarthy's balls in his pocket.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2.2.6    last year

lol

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.5    last year

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  cjcold  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    last year

The one who called for "decorum" while she was pontificating?

She should have been a stand-up comedian.... Oh wait.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  cjcold  replied to  evilone @2.2.6    last year

Curious as to how the most prolific liar on the planet can still keep anybodys balls in their pocket.

George
Junior Expert
2.3  George  replied to  Greg Jones @2    last year

Unfortunately, they lack the resources that the Executive branch has to bring resources to bear to prevent a political opponent from running again.

"We just have to demonstrate that he will not take power by, if we, if he does run. I'm making sure he, under legitimate efforts of our Constitution, does not become the next President again."

Fact Check: Clip of Biden Saying He'll 'Stop Trump' Taking Power (newsweek.com)  

Here's hoping neither is on the ticket.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2    last year

I think they are going to turn their attention to those who have protected Hunter and Joe.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.4.1  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4    last year

Actually there is nothing to protect the Bidens from other than ongoing far right wing propaganda and innuendo. Unless of course it is also Putin propaganda.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.4.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4    last year

original

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.4.3  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @2.4.1    last year

Interesting how there are a few here on NT who echo every Putin propaganda point. One might almost think that the most "American" sounding names here are actually Russian bots.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.4.4  JBB  replied to  cjcold @2.4.3    last year

That is about the only explanation for why they're so determined to undermine all our institutions and basic freedoms...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.4.5  cjcold  replied to  JBB @2.4.4    last year

Shame that Perrie won't let us call them out on it.

Wonder why I even bother showing up here anymore.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    last year

I have one question that I've not heard from anybody (talking heads, etc) about this.  How will this impact his child support case now?  From what I remember, his lawyers turned over some financial paperwork but had parts redacted so that not all the financial info was available.  With him pleading guilty on this, I would think that the baby mama will want to use this.  

He might not get to see a reduced child support payment.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  evilone  replied to  Snuffy @3    last year
How will this impact his child support case now?

Probably not well, but better than if he were in prison.

I hope they raise the amount... significantly.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  evilone @3.1    last year

Somewhere he already produced  $1.2 million in restitution, lates fees and penalties to the IRS,

or the plea deal would not be happening.

Everyone that wants or needs a gun badly enough, lies on the applications, ( and mortgage apps and annual taxes )

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    last year
Everyone that wants or needs a gun badly enough, lies on the applications

Exactly, little white lies for gun ownership, no one really cares.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.2    last year

Everyone of the mass murderers did it.  Sometimes only days or hours before they killed complete strangers.

The system doesn't work any more ( if it ever did).

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.3    last year

So you think that Biden should be prosecuted for a maximum penalty?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.3    last year
Everyone of the mass murderers did it.  

Wherever did you get that idea?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.6    last year

Ah yes, the study based on 167 mass shootings over the last 50 years is surely an accurate representation. .

It's funny. The same source  will also claim there's been 200 mass shooting this year alone...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.6    last year

It says nothing about "Everyone that wants or needs a gun badly enough, lies on the applications"

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.8    last year

Every one of those mass killers lied on their applications by virtue of the crimes they eventually committed.

Zero exceptions.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.9    last year

Which question are you referring to:

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.5    last year

The FFA is overwhelmed and has been for decades.

If a felony doesn't immediately show up, one gets the firearm.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @3    last year

Actually, he did....by 75%  on the same day. It was a great day for Hunter.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    last year

Well,  so much for main-stream media.  They didn't cover that from what I could find but I did find some other news sites that did cover it.  You're right,  he had a really good day.  

Do  you know if the outcome on the kid being able to use the Biden name?  The articles I find only talk about the reduction in child support.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    last year
It was a great day for Hunter.

And a bad day for far right wing fascists who hate anything Biden.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3.2.2    last year

for all TWO OF THEM?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    last year

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @3.2.2    last year

Oh to the contrary. As of today June 22nd, we have learned a lot more!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    last year

The Democrats favorite deadbeat dad got a slap on the wrist……shocker.