╌>

Toddler more excited to see garbage truck than own father

Category:  Satire

Via:  hallux  •  last year  •  7 comments

By:   TARYN PARRISH - The Beaverton

Toddler more excited to see garbage truck than own father

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

OSHAWA – Pete Flannigan, father to three-year-old Luca, returned home last night to a crushing realization; his son is more excited to see a vehicle hauling fifteen tons of stinking garbage, than him.

“I had just finished a 14 hour shift at the hospital and raced home to see my boy,” recounts Flannigan. “Luca started running in my direction, so I extended my arms for a hug like always. That’s when he ran past me and onto the porch. I had forgotten it was garbage day.”

Luca then spent the next 20 minutes pointing and waving at the garbage truck while Flannigan cried in his wife’s arms. 

“When he started liking garbage trucks about a month ago, I thought it was cute,” says Flannigan. “But now when I tell Luca I love him, he just says ‘I love fruck! I love fruck!’ He can’t pronounce his Ts, but I know exactly what he’s talking about. And it hurts.”

Upon interviewing Luca, The Beaverton was able to confirm that “Daddy” was 9th on the list of things he loved, behind such top contenders as “Mommy,” “bananers,” “excavators,” “swings,” and even surprisingly, “da potty.”

“Wow. Thanks for telling me that, I guess?” wept Flannigan.

In efforts to compete for Luca’s affection, Flannigan admits he’s tried crushing garbage at home between his thighs, but it was no use. “Luca started screaming, and now my wife’s book club won’t meet here anymore.”

Flannigan hopes that this is simply a phase and that Luca will one day choose him over mountains of trash, or at the very least develop an obsession with a “cooler” truck.

“It’s like, why does it have to be a garbage truck?” cried Flannigan. “Why not a fire truck, or an ice cream truck or something? I’d even settle for a van!”

When Flannigan’s wife commented that even she thought garbage trucks were  “really cool,”  he immediately fell into a spiral of existential dread. 

Red Box Rules

Any comment relating to this 'story' will be immediately deleted ... by someone.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    last year

His wife sounds okay, she should divorce him and marry the truck.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    last year

I also love to fruck.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    last year

I dont know if this is supposed to be satire or not, but it sure sounds like it

“It’s like, why does it have to be a garbage truck?” cried Flannigan. “Why not a fire truck, or an ice cream truck or something? I’d even settle for a van!”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

on further view, it is a canadian satire site. very clever. 

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2  evilone  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year
I dont know if this is supposed to be satire or not, but it sure sounds like it

It's a metaphor - The child is Congress, the fruck is donor cash and the weeping father is the stand in for moderate voters. The wife is probably the President since she admits to thinking the garbage truck is also cool.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    last year

At least Mommy ranks up there on his list of likes

shona1
Professor Quiet
5  shona1    last year

Well I have had my laugh for the morning...one up for the garbos..