╌>

Trump pledges to 'obliterate the deep state' and create 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  50 comments

By:   Madeleine Hubbard (Just The News)

Trump pledges to 'obliterate the deep state' and create 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission'
"We will create a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to declassify and publish all documents on deep state spying, censorship and all of the corruption that's gone on in America," he said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Donald Trump pledged to end corruption in Washington, D.C., by obliterating the deep state and creating a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" that would declassify all information about government spying, censorship and corruption.

"When I get back into the Oval Office, I will totally obliterate the deep state," Trump pledged Saturday at a Turning Point USA conference in Florida, taking aim at the alleged group of federal officials working against his agenda.

"We will create a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to declassify and publish all documents on deep state spying, censorship and all of the corruption that's gone on in America," he said.

Many different governments, including in South Africa, Canada, Australia and Germany, have used official Truth and Reconciliation Commissions to discover past government wrongdoings and resolve conflict. Similarly, congressional Republicans have pledged to create a Church-style committee to probe systemic problems in the Justice System.

The former president also said that having served in Washington as president before, he now knows who he should have in his next administration.

"Now, better than maybe anyone else, I know the great ones. I know the smart ones. I know the dumb ones. I know the weak ones. I know the stupid ones," he also said. "I know everybody in Washington. I got a PhD in learning about the people of Washington."

Trump also said in the conclusion of his speech Saturday: "We will demolish the deep state, we will expel the warmongers, from our government we will drive out the globalists, we will cast out the communists, Marxists, fascists, we will throw off the sick political class that hates our country, and we will route the fake news media, we will defeat crooked Joe Biden and we will drain the swamp once and for all."

Trump unveiled a plan in March to tackle the deep state if he is reelected. The 10-point plan includes taking on internal issues that created problems in his previous administration, including leaking.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

The democrats have once again used all their power to secure the presidency in 2024. They are very confident of victory.

They better say a prayer that it isn't DeSantis or Trump.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
They better say a prayer that it isn't DeSantis or Trump.

The entire world (except for China and Russia) should pray it isn't DeSantis or Trump.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    last year

The problem trump has is that he was already president and didn’t accomplish much on that front.  And for those who believe the election was stolen from him, that’s just more evidence of how spectacularly he failed 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    last year

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.1    last year

I think you got it!

As usual

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year
Prime examples of trolling in post 1.1 and 3.

If you prefer Vic I can put into words the idea that Trump will be hosting his Truth and Reconciliation Commission from behind bars.  Would that absolve me of your accusation of trolling?

This article begs for an intelligent response. The suggestion that he will be in no position to launch such a commission is such a response. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    last year
  Would that absolve me of your accusation of trolling?

1) There will not be a trial before the election.

2) Even if Trump is guilty of withholding documents or questioning election results, do you really think he gets jail time?

3) If something crazy ever happens and Trump wins, his DOJ will no longer be pursuing the document case.

Do you still want to pursue the dream of putting Trump in jail.  After all democrats have gotten away with?  Think of what could happen?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    last year

I dont think he will go to jail, although if convicted of any jan 6th crimes he should be behind bars. The story has yet to be written. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    last year
I dont think he will go to jail

But it won't be due to lack of effort.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    last year

What exactly is the 'deep state'?

Something never defined by those who throw out that absurdity.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    last year

Yup, just another term that refuses to be defined, like "woke".

Thomas
Masters Guide
2.1.9  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    last year
Do you still want to pursue the dream of putting Trump in jail. After all democrats have gotten away with? Think of what could happen?

Yeah. He could actually spend some time living like the people that he hates.  You know,  the ones who vote for him.

What, in your mind, have the democrats gotten away with?

Let's see, think of what could happen... he could spend the rest of his life imprisoned where he would have been long ago if daddy hadn't been rich. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @2.1.9    last year
He could actually spend some time living like the people that he hates.  You know,  the ones who vote for him.

Gee, what a hate-filled comment.

What, in your mind, have the democrats gotten away with?

Start with a falsified FISA request. Remember when the lefties here told us what the penalties were for that?  How it could never happen?

How much time did Clinesmith serve?

Think of all the others just in the FBI.

Thomas
Masters Guide
2.1.11  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    last year

Cry me a river.  If you can't see that the man is no good and rotten to the core, well I feel sorry for you both.

It is the idea of Trump that I hate.  The idea that a person can evade justice for decades because he is rich. And then to parlay that same scofflaw attitude to dupe millions of people into thinking that he gave a shit about them as people when they were just a means of achieving the end of the presidency and the end of the presidency.  What a worthless, fucking piece of shit he has been, is, and continues to be.  I pity the man but I do hate his actions.  

All of your professions of morality,  patriotism, and Christian values ring empty and hollow as you continue to defend and minimize these actions.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    last year

Donald Trump hosting the first session of his Truth and Reconciliation Commission

donald-trump-prison-bars-1116201.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

F0-dN9mXoAMqHOo?format=png&name=small

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year

original

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    last year

Loved Mad Magazine when I was a kid, and then National Lampoon.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.2    last year

original

Mad MAGAzine is still staying relevant...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    last year

Al Jaffee who developed some of their best features died this last Spring.  He was 102 and didn't retire until he was 99. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
4  Hallux    last year

" ... Canada ...Truth and Reconciliation Commission ..."

To a large extent this was Canada's and Australia's versions of CRT. I doubt that is what either Trump or DeSantis have in mind, my guess is that both are channeling Captain Ahab and care not if they bring down the Pequod, the US, in an insane pursuit of revenge. Remember what I told you some months ago: revenge is a dish that devours the cook. You might want to get out of the kitchen before you become a garnish.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    last year

Translation: if reelected Donald Trump pledges to  undermine federal law enforcement and to exact extra-constitutional revenge upon all of his political enemies, both the real and imagined...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5    last year

Sucks when that political table gets turned doesn't it?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    last year

Hatfield-McCoy situations fuck-up the table seating for generations ... enjoy the cold dish!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    last year

Tables turned how?

Do you think with everything the former 'president' has done, that he is being unfairly targeted, the victim of a witch hunt?

That President Biden is behind the 'witch hunt'?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @5.1.1    last year

So just let the Democrats weaponize the IRS/FBI/DOJ against anyone they want?

Only works in leftist land- until they aren't far left enough- and the governmental beast runs out of conservatives to go after.

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.3    last year

I have found over the past 7-8 years that once someone has bought into Trump's mythology nothing will bring them back to reality.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @5.1.4    last year

Exactly, they are similar to those that bought into the AMTRAK Joe and Grandpa for the nation narrative.

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.5    last year

I know you're smarter than that.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @5.1.6    last year

I find the narrative that both sides promote on these two to be far from reality.

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.7    last year

If that is the case display it.... some bothsidesism to douse the whataboutism.?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    last year

I find Trumps lies more dangerous to the country but I find both individuals to be extremely self-serving and unfit for office. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.3    last year
So just let the Democrats weaponize the IRS/FBI/DOJ against anyone they want?

Even Jim Jordan cannot find any evidence to support that claim.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.10    last year

Devon Archer is set to testify to the House Oversight Committee next week about corruption he witnessed involving the Biden crime family.

Here is a picture of Devon:

F1QxPv5aQAALhWu?format=jpg&name=small

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.11    last year
Devon Archer is set to testify to the House Oversight Committee next week about corruption he witnessed involving the Biden crime family.

Ooooh, another whistleblower?  Every witness brought to testify so far has done nothing but hurt the republicans case. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.12    last year

Actually, some have already corroborated others. Fear not, based upon the smug look on Wray's face last week, the truth will never see the light of day.

[Deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.13    last year
Actually, some have already corroborated others. Fear not, based upon the smug look on Wray's face last week, the truth will never see the light of day.

After all the republican "we have him now" claims, I will believe it when I see it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.14    last year
"we have him now" claims,

That was your sides rap for 5 years.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    last year
If that is the case display it....

A small, subset:

• Many people across the political spectrum have found that Bidens actions with woman and girls "creepy". I know female Army officers that would avoid getting close to him when he was the VP.
  • He raised two dysfunctional children and at best turned his head to Hunter making millions of foreign dollars off of his name.
  • He has an adult long history of plagiarism.
  • On SEN Biden's crime bill, SEN Cory Booker said, “There are people right now in prison for life for drug offenses, because you stood up and used that tough-on-crime phony rhetoric that got a lot of people elected but destroyed communities like mine.”
  • Jill's first husband accused Joe of being a home wrecker for having an affair with her;

I don't believe that Biden is the worst man to inhabit the WH but the narrative of AMTRAK Joe or the nation's grandfather leave's out a lot of his history.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.15    last year
That was your sides rap for 5 years.

How many years has "your side" been saying that about the Clintons?  Justice works slowly, but it is working.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5    last year

So you are freaking out over Trump SAYING something all the while ignoring that Biden already DID it.  His attempt failed, but he did it nonetheless.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    last year

Yeah, right.  So, Trump is going to use the government to fix the government.  We've heard all these lies since Ronnie Raygun bamboozled the country into blaming itself and Slick Willie took advantage of the lie.

Why ain't Trump pushing for term limits?  Congressional deadwood, waiting to die in office, allowed the deep state to take over.  If Trump won't clean up politics then all he's doing is pushing another Raygun bamboozle.  Why is Trump protecting the political establishment?  Why is Trump trying to be another Slick Willie?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  Nerm_L @6    last year

I agree with you up to a point.

Trump hates the DOJ/FBI to the point I believe he will try everything in his power to at least stop it from being a tool of the Democrat Party.

Unfortunately the only way to do that is by using the government against itself. He is going to need a head of the FBI and AG that know those organizations inside/out. 4 years is not nearly enough time for either to clean up those organizations. That doesn't mean you don't try.

If the Democrats control the House/Senate Trump is going to be fighting investigations (what else is new); impeachments (same); and the Democrats will absolutely use their resources in both organizations to try and remove Trump- just like last time.

I would prefer someone else be the Republican nominee- as they would have 8 years to try and at least get things evened out slightly. Neither organization will be impartial- but their will be enough conservatives in both to offset the Establishment and Democrat lackeys. Sad when the best we can hope for is a stalemate in the FBI/DOJ/IRS- just like with the Congress and presidency.

As for using an entity outside of the government to clean up the FBI/DOJ- it will never happen. The US government doesn't cede power to outside entities. Those in charge of the government want the money to be flowing only to them. Not some outside source they would have to ultimately answer to.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1    last year
Unfortunately the only way to do that is by using the government against itself. He is going to need a head of the FBI and AG that know those organizations inside/out. 4 years is not nearly enough time for either to clean up those organizations. That doesn't mean you don't try.

Another Jeff Sessions?  Another Christopher Wray?  Sorry, I'm not buying the bamboozle this time.  Trump is just jerking everyone around.

Trump can't get nominees past the deadwood in Congress (particularly the Senate).  In case you haven't noticed, both Democrats and Republicans have been using the Justice Dept. and FBI as scapegoats to cover their butts.  We're supposed to believe that Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer would allow their butt covers to be taken away?  The only way to clean house is with term limits on Congress.  And Trump talks about everything except term limits.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7  cjcold    last year

Trump gets more insane every day.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @7    last year

F1UpSgVXsAABrpw?format=jpg&name=small

Thomas
Masters Guide
7.1.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    last year

So he is in the resurrection business these days? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @7.1.1    last year

As Joe Biden would say the erection business

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year