╌>

Devon Archer interview 'very productive' in Biden family probe, Jordan says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  60 comments

By:   Jessica ChasmarHouston KeeneElizabeth Elkind (Fox News)

Devon Archer interview 'very productive' in Biden family probe, Jordan says
Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said Monday that the House Oversight Committee's hearing with Devon Archer was "very productive" and that he'd learned new information.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Devon Archer arrived Monday morning for a closed-door, transcribed interview with the House Oversight Committee, where he was expected to expose details about Hunter Biden's business dealings and then-Vice President Biden's alleged involvement.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told reporters Monday that the House Oversight Committee's hearing with Devon Archer, Hunter Biden's longtime friend and fellow Burisma board member, was "very productive."

Jordan said during a lunch recess that he looked forward to discussing the revelations of the hearing with the committee's chairman, Rep. James Comer, R-Ky.

The congressman also said, "Yep," when asked if he heard any new information from Archer.

GettyImages-1566569610-e1690825182952.jpg

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, arrives for closed-door testimony with Devon Archer, a former business associate of Hunter Biden, before the House Oversight Committee at the O'Neill House Office Building on July 31, 2023, in Washington, D.C.(Drew Angerer / Getty Images)

GettyImages-1566559592-e1690825125417.jpg

Devon Archer, center, a former business associate of Hunter Biden, arrives for closed-door testimony before the House Oversight Committee at the O'Neill House Office Building on July 31, 2023, in Washington, D.C.(Drew Angerer / Getty Images)

Archer, who co-founded Hunter Biden's now-dissolved investment firm, Rosemont Seneca Partners, ignored questions from reporters upon entering the hearing Monday morning.

Archer smiled as he was peppered with several questions upon entering the O'Neill House Office Building, where he was expected to sit down for an interview before the House Oversight Committee on President Biden's involvement with Hunter Biden's business deals, including that he sat in on more than two dozen business calls with his son as vice president.

GettyImages-1566560350-e1690825251928.jpg

Devon Archer, a former business associate of Hunter Biden, gets into an elevator as he arrives for closed-door testimony before the House Oversight Committee at the O'Neill House Office Building on July 31, 2023, in Washington, D.C.(Drew Angerer / Getty Images)

Miranda Devine, a New York Post columnist and Fox News contributor, recently reported that Archer is expected to tell committee members that Hunter Biden would routinely introduce his father to foreign business partners and prospective investors.

The Republican-led committee invited Archer to attend the interview - he was sentenced last year to one year in prison for his role in a $60 million bond fraud involving various clients.

At least three previously planned appearances before the committee were canceled by Archer for personal reasons.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York on Saturday wrote to U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams, requesting her to schedule a date for Archer to report to prison. However, a DOJ letter says Archer's counsel argued it was "premature" to set a sentencing date, citing Archer mulling further appeals.

Archer was sentenced in 2022 to one year behind bars, but the sentence has been repeatedly postponed amid a series of appeals.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

A democratic representative who sat in on the closed hearing said that although Joe Biden was placed on speaker phone for about 20 of Hunter Biden's calls, it was only to say hello . (The same guy who led the immpeachment of Trump!)

"Rep. Dan Goldman  (D-NY) said Devon Archer  testified  that  Hunter Biden  put his father on speakerphone around business associates on a number of occasions but said there was no business talk when he was around.

After the two hours of Republican questioning ended, Goldman claimed that Archer testified that Hunter Biden would call President Joe Biden daily and speak with him. On approximately 20 occasions over a 10-year period, the younger Biden allegedly put his father on speakerphone around business associates or friends he happened to be with."

He only wanted to say "hello!"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Joe only saying "hello" is as farfetched as Hunter getting paid millions for NOTHING!

Joe has already been caught lying, and the WH even changed the story from "I never discussed any of my son's business dealings with him" to now "The President was never in business with his son".

Bunch of lying crooks.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    last year

You can't trust him, he's a criminal!   The GOP is only bringing in witnesses who are criminals to testify about their crimes with the Bidens.  Not fair!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    last year

I have come to the conclusion that Joe Biden could come on tv and say "Hunter introduced me to many of his business associates over the years, and I helped them all as much as I could, for which my family received vast sums of foreign money" and some liberals would STILL be denying that anything a Biden did was ever wrong.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3    last year

As soon as Biden finished speaking, the first words out of 90% of Progressive mouths would be "But Trump..."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    last year
As soon as Biden finished speaking, the first words out of 90% of Progressive mouths would be "But Trump..."

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    last year
The Republican-led committee invited Archer to attend the interview - he was sentenced last year to one year in prison for his role in a $60 million bond fraud involving various clients, but the sentence has been repeatedly postponed amid a series of appeals. At least three previously planned appearances before the committee were canceled by Archer for personal reasons.

... it sounds like he's cleared the hurdles of credibility as a witness for a republican congressional hearing. /s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4    last year
it sounds like he's cleared the hurdles of credibility as a witness for a republican congressional hearing.

Really?

Sounds more like he passed his audition for the Biden Crime Family!

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    last year
the Biden Crime Family!

Meh, they're small stuff compared to the Trump Criminal Dynasty.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @4.1.1    last year

Exactly, whatabout…

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1.1    last year
Meh, they're small stuff compared to the Trump Criminal Dynasty.

Wow.

I have to say, I am VERY impressed.

It only took until the fourth comment to get around to dragging Trump into it.

What remarkable restraint on liberal sycophants' parts!

Impressive! !!!!

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    last year

You get so triggered every time the name appears ... the man is a set piece in American History no matter how much you may want to sweep him under the rug.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    last year

The only reason we are going through all this is because Jordan wants to try and take the heat off Trump.  So , yes, Trump is part of the story. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.2    last year

Tell me, when was politics never about 'whatabout'?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1.4    last year
You get so triggered every time the name appears ... the man is a set piece in American History no matter how much you may want to sweep him under the rug.

I guess that makes us even.

Look at all the triggered folks dragging Trump around everywhere every time an article even SLIGHTLY critical of a Biden appears!

Got to hand it to ya'll, though, ya'll are lightning-quick with the Trump responses--almost as if they are canned, pre-planned diversions.

Indict him, try him, sentence him, imprison him, BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE LEARN THAT THERE ARE OTHER TOPICS.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    last year
The only reason we are going through all this is because Jordan wants to try and take the heat off Trump.  So , yes, Trump is part of the story.

That statement is flat-out RIDICULOUS.

Did it come from the DNC or MSNBC?

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    last year
Got to hand it to ya'll, though, ya'll are lightning-quick with the Trump responses--almost as if they are canned, pre-planned diversions.

7+ years of practice. Imagine how 'good' you'll be after 5 more years of MoJo Joe.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1.9    last year
7+ years of practice. Imagine how 'good' you'll be after 5 more years of MoJo Joe.

It is but a dream that I'll ever be as good as you at it.

I bow to the expert!

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  devangelical @4    last year

Crazy how criminals are the ones with inside knowledge of crimes, isn't it?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5  Hallux    last year

Fascinating ... Jordan found it to be interesting. What a great seed, I've learned so much!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5    last year

Did you manage to learn that Joe Biden actually spoke with some of Hunter's business associates?

You know, despite previously claiming to have never discussed any of Hunter's business?

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    last year

Did you manage to learn that Joe Biden actually spoke with some of Hunter's                     business associates?

According to Miranda Devine who can't stand the Biden's and has a book to sell. I should believe her because?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    last year
u know, despite previously claiming to have never discussed any of Hunter's business

These are the people who move the goalposts for the Bidens without the Bidens having to do any work

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.1    last year

What exactly do you think Hunter Biden was selling to earn millions, along with other members of the family raking in cash?

Do you think foreign govts. and companies are in the habit of employing crackheads randomly and showering them AND their family with gifts of cash?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.3    last year
What exactly do you think Hunter Biden was selling to earn millions, along with other members of the family raking in cash?

Renowned business acumen internationally known and respected across many diverse enterprises. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.3    last year

Hey, he did save the life of MBS ... oh wait, that one came with a huge payout.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.5    last year

How much did Hunter rake in, and did The Big Guy get his cut, too?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.4    last year
Renowned business acumen internationally known and respected across many diverse enterprises.

I heard something about Hunter starting to franchise something called "Hoes R Us"--each comes with its' own crack!

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    last year

I have no idea, but I understand that grifting has become a virtue. Praise be to Hunter!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    last year
I have no idea, but I understand that grifting has become a virtue.

Aw, that's awesome!

Now we won't be subjected to any more nonsense about any of the Trumps being grifters.

I know we both will be happier!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    last year

Yeah, let's elect Trump or DeSantis ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6    last year

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1    last year

Why would it be off topic? Over the weekend Trump told a rally audience that unless the FBI admits Joe Biden is  a crook we should withhold aid to Ukraine. 

Trump makes himself part of these stories. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1    last year

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    last year

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    last year

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    last year

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    last year

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.5    last year
Leaving the deposition of Devon Archer , Dan Goldman said Archer testified that when Hunter put his dad on the phone: “The witness was very consistent that none of those conversations had anything to do with any business dealings or transactions.”

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    last year

Again, what does that have to do with Trump or DeSantis?  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    last year

Great point. Totally normal thing to call your dad in the middle of a business meeting. 

Moreover, it would be really pointless for a business whose entire  point is to sell access to call the Vice President and have him pick up in the middle of a meeting.   Impossible to imagine any ulterior purpose behind those calls.

GregTx
Professor Guide
6.1.10  GregTx  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.9    last year
Totally normal thing to call your dad in the middle of a business meeting.

On speaker no less....

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.11  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.9    last year

We, the voting public, are definitely gonna need more evidence and solid evidence at that.  While Fox News is posting stories from Republican sources that say it was a great meeting,  CNN  (ya know, the  mouthpiece of the DNC) is posting stories from Democrat sources that state the Committee meeting with Devon Archer was a big nothingburger.  

While I believe there's smoke we need definite evidence well before the primaries begin.  Failing to put forth solid evidence will only have a negative impact on the upcoming elections.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    last year
Who is Mr Goldman?
Congressman Dan Goldman is an attorney who, before running for office, served as lead counsel in the first impeachment of former President Donald Trump and as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York.
Goldman isn't even close to being a trustworthy source. Stamp a huge partisan D behind his name and label him with rampant TDS.
So far the only thing that all Democrats agree on is that they will cover for Brandon no matter what evidence is provided; and no matter how many times he changes his story. He went from "never discussing Hunter's business dealings"- to "he never worked with Hunter". DDSS from the Human Fuck Up Machine's Administration and Democrats.
Funny how Democrat criminal witnesses are always to be trusted. But Republican criminal witnesses are to be ignored.
Democrats accuse Republicans of intimidating their witnesses; while actually engaging in intimidation of Republican witnesses.
There was far less evidence each time they impeached Trump; and it didn't stop Democrats. 
Hang an impeach around Brandon's, Garland's, Wray's, and Mayorkas' necks and call it good. Let the Democrats in the Senate prove they don't give a shit about the law or the Constitution- just like they did with Bill Clinton. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.12    last year
There was far less evidence each time they impeached Trump

Totally ridiculous. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7  mocowgirl    last year

Some interesting info in the Daily Mail this morning.

EXCLUSIVE: Explosive emails, photos and documents lay bare Hunter Biden's shady overseas business dealings that compromise the President and come dangerously close to violating foreign lobbying act | Daily Mail Online

Emails and photos from Hunter's abandoned laptop obtained by DailyMail.com revealed that   Hunter arranged for his Mexican billionaire business partners   to visit the White House multiple times and even meet his father.

In one February 2016 email, Hunter spelled out a shocking apparent quid pro quo with Interjet airline owner Miguel Aleman Magnani, before flying to Mexico with his business partner Cooper and then-VP Joe on Air Force 2 for a meeting with him.

'We have so many great things to do together and I want you at the plane when [the] VP lands with your Mom and Dad,' Hunter wrote.

'I haven't heard from you since I got you a mtg for Carlos and your Dad,' referring to Mexican oil baron Carlos Slim and Magnani's billionaire media magnate father Miguel Alemán Velasco, who he brought to the White House for a meeting with the VP the year before.

'We have been talking about business deals and partnerships for 7 years. And I really appreciate you letting me stay at your resort villa...but I have brought every single person you have ever asked me to bring to the F'ing WHite House and the Vice President's house and the inauguration and then you go completely silent.'

Orchestrating the meeting between the Latin oligarchs and VP Joe without telling the DoJ could breach FARA rules – especially if Hunter was trying to lobby his father on his foreign partners' behalf.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7.1  mocowgirl  replied to  mocowgirl @7    last year

more

There is a copy of Hunter's text in the article below.

EXCLUSIVE: Explosive emails, photos and documents lay bare Hunter Biden's shady overseas business dealings that compromise the President and come dangerously close to violating foreign lobbying act | Daily Mail Online

The 'f***ing spy chief of China'

Hunter was promised $10 million by Chinese oil giant CEFC in an energy deal he struck with them in 2017. He and his partners received over $5 million, bank records show.

In a conversation recorded in an audio file on his laptop,   Hunter described CEFC secretary general Patrick Ho as the 'f***ing spy chief of China', betraying his knowledge of the company's close links with the Beijing government.

The feds knew too. A 2018 court filing following Ho's November 2017 arrest revealed they had obtained a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to monitor his communications.

Hunter's name even came up in emails used as evidence in Ho's criminal case, but the Southern District of New York prosecutor asked to redact them because it 'could introduce a political dimension to this case that we don't think is worth dealing with,' according to a 2018 court transcript.

July 2017 Whatsapp texts obtained by the IRS whistleblowers   and published by the House Ways and Means Committee last month revealed Hunter told his Chinese oil giant business partners that he was sitting next to Joe when he demanded they follow through on his multi-million-dollar deal, and that his father was involved.

He also bragged about CEFC only taking the deal due to his father's involvement, in texts with his business partners leaked in 2020.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  dennis smith @7.1.1    last year

Maybe Joe and Donald will be cellmates.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     last year

Did Jordan get any real evidence today? It doesn't sound like he did.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @8    last year

do they have locker room showers at the capitol?

evilone
Professor Guide
8.2  evilone  replied to  Kavika @8    last year
Did Jordan get any real evidence today? It doesn't sound like he did.

Jordan told the committee that Hunter was selling the appearance of Joe's influence and Joe did nothing more than say hello a few time on the phone when Hunter would call him with people he was trying to influence. Jordan was adamant he did not talk to Joe Biden about any business deals nor gave him any money.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Kavika   replied to  evilone @8.2    last year

At least he didn't ask for 11,780 votes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    last year

Sean Hannity to James Comer -  Will you be able to prove the allegations against Joe Biden ? 

James Comer - "I sure hope so". 

This was last night, after Devon Archer supposedly spilled all the beans on Joe Biden. 

Obviously the Republicans still have no proof of wrongdoing by Joe Biden. They just want to keep all this going through the election season. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @9    last year

To make this clear, the chairman of the committee investigating Joe Biden , when asked if he will prove wrongdoing by the president, said "I hope so". 

That is not something that someone with evidence would have said.