╌>

Joe Manchin to skip White House event as he considers 2024 bid against Biden

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  392 comments

By:   NBC News

Joe Manchin to skip White House event as he considers 2024 bid against Biden
Sen. Joe Manchin had dinner with a top Biden's aide, an attempt by the White House to ensure the president is not caught off guard when the senator breaks with him.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

When President Joe Biden marks the first anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act next week with a major celebration at the White House, one prominent invited guest is not expected to be in the crowd.

The decision by Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia to skip the White House's campaign-style affair highlighting the climate and health spending law he helped write — and name — is just the latest sign of an increasingly fraught relationship between Manchin, a conservative Democrat, and the Biden administration.

Manchin is openly flirting with a third-party run for the presidency in 2024, a move that could upend Biden's prospects of winning re-election. Even if Manchin doesn't take that controversial step, he is already trying to demonstrate greater independence from the White House ahead of another possible Senate run in his deeply Republican state. And Thursday, he said he is "absolutely" considering changing his party affiliation from Democrat to independent.

"I've been thinking about that for quite some time," he told a West Virginia radio host.

How Manchin might create headaches for the president was a topic of discussion during a previously unreported dinner earlier this month between the senator and one of Biden's top aides, Steve Ricchetti. The two men dined after the Senate adjourned for its August break and discussed what the White House might expect from Manchin in the coming months once the Senate is back in session, two sources with knowledge of the relationship between them told NBC News.

Ricchetti remains the main conduit to Manchin as the West Wing nervously eyes the senator's every move. The goal of their dinner was similar to that of their other, fairly regular, discussions: to try to ensure the president is not caught off guard when Manchin publicly breaks with him, the sources added. They did not say if Manchin's consideration of a third-party presidential run or becoming an independent was discussed.

A senior White House official downplayed the significance of Manchin's absence at next week's Inflation Reduction Act event, noting it was taking place during a congressional recess. But his absence is a stark contrast to the White House bill signing ceremony last year, which also took place during a congressional recess. Manchin was featured prominently at that event, and in a gesture acknowledging how central he was to the legislation's passage, Biden gave him the pen he used to put his signature on it.

"We will keep finding ways to work together," the senior White House official said of Manchin. The official said the president's team still has a close working relationship with Manchin and noted the senator "helped us find a way to thread the needle and get things done."

Still, Manchin underscored the tension between his political ambitions and the president's in a statement about the Inflation Reduction Act's anniversary. He praised the law as "one of the most historic pieces of legislation passed in decades" and said it's having an impact in his state. But he also vowed to "continue to fight the Biden administration's unrelenting efforts to manipulate the law to push their radical climate agenda at the expense of both our energy and fiscal security."

President Joe Biden hands a pen to Sen. Joe Manchin at a signing ceremony for H.R. 5376, the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, in the State Dining Room of the White House on Aug. 16, 2022. Mandel Ngan / AFP via Getty Images file

Biden on Tuesday kicked off a two-week, administrationwide effort to promote the Inflation Reduction Act with an event in Arizona that featured another senator with an independent streak who has at times complicated White House legislative efforts: Kyrsten Sinema. The former Democrat, who changed her party affiliation to independent in December, spoke ahead of Biden as he designated a new national monument near the Grand Canyon. Biden and Sinema later appeared to have a friendly conversation as he was waiting to be introduced for his remarks.

Sinema, like Manchin, won't attend the White House commemoration next week because of "scheduling conflicts," an aide said, despite having voted for the legislation. Sinema, who continues to organize with Democrats in the Senate, similarly has not said if she'll seek a second term next year.

But it's Manchin's seat that Republicans are really eyeing as a top pick-up opportunity next year in a bid to flip the Senate from blue to red.

Manchin is the only remaining Democrat elected statewide in a state that then-President Donald Trump won in 2020. Trump won West Virginia by almost 40 percentage points over Biden.

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell, who previously praised Manchin for being a thorn in the side of Democrats, has since turned on him. McConnell's super PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund, has rallied behind Manchin's would-be opponent, West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, a former Democrat who turned Republican.

"It wasn't smart to do what I did if I'm doing strictly about politics," Manchin admitted Thursday regarding his eleventh-hour deal last year to push Democrats' signature legislative priority over the finish line. He blamed Biden for "catering to one side" in billing the Inflation Reduction Act as all "green and clean," rather than emphasizing the bill's investments in energy security.

As Manchin's political dynamics at home have grown more precarious, he's tried to further distance himself from Biden. That has made his relationship with Ricchetti all the more critical for the White House amid the president's 2024 campaign. But it's also generated some more public clashes.

Perhaps most notably, Manchin has repeatedly torched how the Biden administration has implemented certain aspects of the Inflation Reduction Act, including several climate-related initiatives. He's vowed to block Biden nominees for Environmental Protection Agency posts. He's even threatened to support Republicans' push to repeal the legislation if the Biden administration doesn't prioritize its fossil fuel investments.

Another White House official said in a statement that "we are implementing the Inflation Reduction Act as written, which is achieving many goals we share with Senator Manchin."

The shift started just months after, in the summer of 2022, Ricchetti helped navigate the legislative ups and downs of the bill with Manchin. In the end, it was Manchin who revived Biden's dormant Build Back Better agenda by striking a quiet deal with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to pass a watered-down measure he could support. He so embraced the bill that he took credit for the new moniker.

"The name that I came up with was the Inflation Reduction Act," Manchin told reporters at the time.

During Thursday's radio interview, Manchin once again defended the law's title.

"I knew it would not enhance inflation; it would reduce inflation. ... The effect of the bill [on inflation], you can't disagree with that," Manchin said in an attempt to counter the host's criticism.

Later in the day, Biden appeared to burst Manchin's bubble.

"I wish I hadn't called it that," he said at a fundraiser in Utah, "because it has less to do with reducing inflation than it has to do with providing alternatives that generate economic growth."

Aug. 11, 2023, 9:00 AM UTCBy Mike Memoli and Julie Tsirkin

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

If Joe Manchin were to ever win the DNC nomination, I could finally rest easy over the 2024 election.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

It would put the D nomination back into the 'responsible' category.   Hopefully that would also trigger the GOP to break free of Trump for the nomination but that is admittedly mere wishful thinking on my part.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    last year
It would put the D nomination back into the 'responsible' category.  

Yes, it would. I'm sure the left wouldn't give up control of the party without a fight. Manchin could win that battle.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    last year

The Ds no doubt recognize that Biden is way past his prime and that he is far from the ideal candidate (even if he were younger).   But, as with the Rs, political parties go with momentum rather than make sensible moves to deliver the best candidates and the best nominee.   It takes a disruptive element to break free of that pattern.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    last year
The Ds no doubt recognize that Biden is way past his prime and that he is far from the ideal candidate (even if he were younger).  

The democrat party is a big party. Many might think Biden too old or Manchin more reasonable. There is that other wing to the party - the radical left and Joe Biden has fulfilled their every wish. I think you are underestimating their hold on the party.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    last year

I disagree with you completely, I'm tired of the disrespect and disregard of President Biden.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    last year

P.S. I don't recognize that at all, you seem pretty sure in your disregard for a good and decent man.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    last year

Don't read things into what I wrote.   Where did I suggest Biden was not a decent man?   Where do I disregard him?

I stated that Biden is too old and that he is not (and never was) an ideal candidate for the presidency.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    last year
It would put the D nomination back into the 'responsible' category.  

You are leaning too far to the right. There is a reason Manchin has never been a presidential candidate within the Democratic Party. He's not really a Democrat. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    last year

You are so correct.  He's not really a Democrat.  Like Sinema - how come we never hear from that DINO anymore?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    last year

Not really a Democrat?? Lmao!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    last year

I do not care if Manchin is a D or an R, John.    

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.8    last year
Like Sinema - how come we never hear from that DINO anymore?

So, [deleted] or they aren't democrats?

Got it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    last year

Joe Manchin will never be the Democratic nominee. You implied you would like to see that happen. Its not gonna happen. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    last year

Yes, I would like to see Manchin rather than Biden.   Yes, I doubt the Ds would rally around Manchin.    That does not change my opinion.

And per your prior comment, I do not care if Manchin is considered a good Democrat.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.14  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.13    last year

I have to disagree here.  He's corrupt.  He's just slick about it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    last year
There is a reason Manchin has never been a presidential candidate within the Democratic Party. He's not really a Democrat. 

Of course he is.  He's just one of the sensible ones, so you don't want to acknowledge him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    last year

He's a corrupt ass as far as I'm concerned and I would never vote for him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.14    last year

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.18  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.16    last year
He's a corrupt ass as far as I'm concerned and I would never vote for him.

Hmmmm. So if the choices are Manchin and Trump and you say you would never vote for Manchin.............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.6    last year

I never meant to imply that, about YOU saying he's not, you've never suggested that at all.  When I say disregard, I mean, I guess, that you say he's not fit or whatever.  I didn't mean for you to take it that way, I apologize.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

That corrupt DINO doesn't stand a chance.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    last year
That corrupt DINO doesn't stand a chance.

What did he do that is corrupt?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.1    last year

Excellent question.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.1    last year

he said something mean about little Joe?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.1    last year

The whole Manchin family was at the heart of the huge rise in the cost of Epipens, for starters, which led to financial and political benefits for all of them.

USA Today reported Tuesday that Gayle Manchin, the mother of Mylan CEO Heather Bresch, used her position at the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) to require schools to buy medical devices that fight allergic reactions.

The USA Today report says the requirement helped Mylan Specialty, the maker of EpiPens, to develop a near monopoly in schools.

Eleven states drafted laws requiring epinephrine auto-injectors and nearly every other state recommended schools stock them after the "Epipen Law" in 2013 gave funding preference to those who did, according to the article.

Gayle Manchin was appointed in 2007 to the West Virginia Board of Education by her husband Joe, who was then Governor and is now a senator from West Virginia. Gayle became president-elect of NASBE in late 2010.

Gayle Manchin is the wife of U.S. Senator Joe Manchin. He released a statement to WSAZ on Tuesday saying:

"I appointed my wife to the West Virginia State Board of Education because she was one of the most qualified people in the state of West Virginia to address the needs of our education system. As a public school teacher for K-12 and a faculty member at Fairmont State University with a Bachelor of Arts in English, Language Arts and Education, a Master’s Degree in Reading and Masters Specialization in Education, Leadership and Technology, Gayle Manchin was uniquely qualified to work with teachers, principals and administrators to help students achieve a higher standard of education. She has also dedicated herself to reviving and redeveloping some of the most troubled areas of our state. She served with distinction and has received universal praise for her commitment to education and the children of West Virginia. She is held in the highest regard for her compassion, honesty and devotion by me and all who know her."

USA Today said Brenda Welburn, the former executive director, told them Gayle Manchin stopped by her office to say her "daughter's company" could donate to the group. The following year it did.

"It just looked so bad to me," Welbun said to USA Today, "She becomes president and all of the sudden NASBE is saying EpiPens are a good thing for schools.

USA Today reports that other board members, who helped support the initiative lead by Gayle Manchin, were in the dark about her ties to the company.

Even still, NASBE officials told WSAZ, in part of a statement:

"NASBE serves as an unbiased source of information for its members, producing evidence-based, timely information on education's most pressing issues...We stand by the validity and usefulness of the work NASBE has done around epinephrine. Following passage of federal legislation in 2011 encouraging states to require schools to stock epinephrine, legislatures in over a dozen states passed laws in 2012-13 governing epinephrine and anaphylaxis response."

EpiPens are about the only auto-injector for the drug epinephrine, according to the article.

The report by USA Today comes a day before Heather Bresch is scheduled to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

If you would like to read the USA Today article, it is linked to this story.

Keep checking WSAZ Mobile and WSAZ.com for the latest on this story.

And political pressure from him is the only reason his daughter got her MBA.  Several people had to resign over that scandal.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170802084112/

So, Joe's daughter got her degree and a high-profile job with the maker of Epipens not because she actually did the coursework, but because of who her father was.  Joe appointed his wife to a position that allowed her to make stocking Epipens mandatory for public schools, while contractually excluding the purchase of competitor's  products, and possibly overbilling Medicaid for Epipens.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.4    last year
So, Joe's daughter got her degree and a high-profile job with the maker of Epipens not because she actually did the coursework, but because of who her father was. Joe appointed his wife to a position that allowed her to make stocking Epipens mandatory for public schools,

If nepotism is now corruption almost everyone in politics is screwed.  Not that it would be a bad thing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.4    last year

As opposed to Joe Biden and his degenerate son selling influence.

Based on policy alone I'll take Manchin.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.5    last year

That goes beyond nepotism.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.8  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.6    last year

According to whom, Vic?  We keep hearing all of these allegations, and then the bombshell witnesses don't deliver the goods for prosecutors.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.8    last year

I'm sorry Sandy, nobody filmed themselves slipping a million in cash in Joe Biden's pocket.

What does common sense tell you about Hunter & Joe accumulating all these millions from foreign powers?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.7    last year

I am not so sure about that.  Especially if Hunter/Joe/Burisma is just considered nepotism.  I will gladly wait until the charges of corruption are filed and a trial is held.  Was Manchin at least censured for what he did? Any repercussions at all?  I am sure the drums of corruption will beat louder if it looks like he will be obstacle in Joes way to a second term.  Nothing like a little character assassination to try and rid yourself of the competition.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    last year

Doubtful but he's on ignore, so I don't know what the question was, nor do I care.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.9    last year

You're basically admitting you don't have evidence, and are relying on emotion and your dislike of Biden.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.10    last year

Ah, so, in the Manchin case, there is evidence of wrongdoing (nepotism at least), but you wait for official censure.  But in the Biden case, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on Joe Biden's part, but you're ready to convict.  Pointing out facts about Manchin from his own words is "character assassination", somehow.

Why does this tactic seem familiar?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.9    last year

well gee isn't that evidence that the Biden Family is squeaky clean??

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.12    last year
You're basically admitting

You're basically admitting that you don't care what the Bidens did.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.14    last year

I guess so. No security camera film = no evidence.

I'm not sure but that line is from the Hillary Clinton playbook on how to get away with just about anything.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.15    last year

Nope.  You want to convict them without evidence.  That's not how America works.

If JOE Biden, you know, the actual public official, is proven to have engaged in wrongdoing, then I want him convicted.  HUNTER Biden is a big boy, and capable of operating on his own.  He has been convicted of crimes, and should serve whatever penalty the courts hand down.

I have to wonder if you'll hold the same position regarding Trump's legal battles.  I suspect not.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.18  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.17    last year

It is pathetic watching GOP partisans defend Trump by asking "where is the indictment?" and then when the indictments arrive they ask "where is the proof" and when the courts finally determine a verdict they will claim any verdict against Trump is a result of a rigged judicial system.

Yet when it comes to the Ds, they will take any whiff of wrongdoing and deem guilt.   

This is the most obvious litmus test for partisanship today.    Biden might have engaged in wrongdoing and if so, he should be held accountable.    Trump absolutely did engage in wrongdoing and we even have specific charges in formal indictments.   We do not know if he is legally guilty, but the evidence is overwhelming that he engaged in wrongdoing.   Only the blind partisans cannot see this.   GOP partisans typically have already deemed Biden guilty yet many still will not acknowledge any wrongdoing of Trump.   And those who do acknowledge it, downplay it dramatically.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.17    last year
You want to convict them without evidence.

No, I want the clearly insidious issue INVESTIGATED. That is only being done, in reality, by the House Oversight Committee.

Why was the IRS stymied in their investigation of Hunter Biden?

What about all these FBI whistleblowers who say the bureau is protecting Joe Biden?

Why is Biden's AG handling investigations in all matters concerning Joe Biden and Joe's political opponent?

You don't seem to want it to even be looked at. No interest in why all those foreign governments gave MILLIONS to the Bidens?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.20  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.18    last year
This is the most obvious litmus test for partisanship today.   

The key word there is "obvious," And both of you like to ignore the obvious.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.19    last year
No, I want the clearly insidious issue INVESTIGATED.

By calling it "insidious", you reveal that you have already come to a conclusion.

You don't seem to want it to even be looked at.

You missed the part where I said this:

If JOE Biden, you know, the actual public official, is proven to have engaged in wrongdoing, then I want him convicted.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.22  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.20    last year
And both of you like to ignore the obvious.

That's rich, considering your continual defense of Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.21    last year

You don't think taking millions from China & Ukraine is insidious?

What is it then?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.22    last year

I haven't put up any such defense. I have lauded his policies, but unlike you and your friend I haven't defended him here on anything he is being charged with.

The comments are there for all to see

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.25  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.23    last year

Do you have proof that Joe Biden did any of that?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.26  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.24    last year

You defend his abysmal pandemic response right on this page, Vic.  To the point of denying reality.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.27  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.20    last year
And both of you like to ignore the obvious.

Just amazing ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.25    last year

I never heard of requiring proof of an illegal act before one gets to investigate.

Doesn't the investigation come first?

You seem to be saying no proof / no questions.

If anything needed an investigation it is China paying millions to the drug addicted son of a president.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.29  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.26    last year
You defend his abysmal pandemic response right on this page, Vic.

Again Sandy: THAT WAS A POLICY!  NOT A LEGAL MATTER!

YOU ARE DEFENDING BIDEN ON POSSIBLE ILLEGALITIES!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.30  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.25    last year
Do you have proof that Joe Biden did any of that?

First we would need sound evidence.    Proof, of course, is a much stronger case.

With Trump there is overwhelming evidence.  The determination of wrongdoing is blatantly obvious.

In Biden's case, (Joe Biden), the determination of wrongdoing is premature.   He might have taken millions from China but rational folks need more than political hysteria and conspiracy theories before determining wrongdoing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.31  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.26    last year

Some people deny reality day after day after day. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.32  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.29    last year
POSSIBLE ILLEGALITIES!

Well if you were to calmly read what Sandy wrote, she is not claiming that Biden is necessarily innocent and has noted that he should be held accountable for any illegal acts if these are ever determined.

Amazing watching you read what you want and ignore what you do not like.   Blatant confirmation bias.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.33  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.32    last year

I did read it. She keeps using the talking points of the left:  "where is the proof?"

We don't start with "the proof." We should be able to investigate first.

Are the Bidens off limits to investigation?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.34  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.33    last year

Read the rest of what she wrote, Vic.    Her words show that she would hold Biden accountable for illegal acts.   She did not argue that Biden was above the law or that legitimate charges should not be investigated.   What more do you need?

Pay attention to the GOP ... there you will see the denial you are trying to read into Sandy's words.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.34    last year

Show me where she is open to an investigation of the Bidens?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.36  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.35    last year

Show me where she has stated otherwise.   

Unlike you, I do not presume ... I follow the evidence.    Until Sandy states that she is against an investigation of potential wrongdoing I will not presume she is against doing what is right.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.37  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.36    last year
Show me where she has stated otherwise.

You just went from read what she wrote to I have to show you.

I believe this is where the conversation comes to an end.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.38  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.25    last year

No.  We've been waiting for five years now for this alleged proof.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.39  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.33    last year
We should be able to investigate first.Are the Bidens off limits to investigation?

Where did I say we shouldn't investigate?  In your determination to tell me what my views are, you have invented a statement for me that I have never made.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.40  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    last year
  1. th?id=ODLS.209c0ff0-42f2-4d94-8bac-ea215698f8ca&w=32&h=32&qlt=92&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
    Common Dreams

New 5-Minute Video Summarizes Joe Manchin's 'Brazen' Corruption

Web Although right-wing Sen.   Joe Manchin 's financial conflicts of interest have been well-documented, a new video released Monday details how the West Virginia Democrat's …

1. th?id=ODLS.5dd5530b-cf54-46d5-9b82-9fbc06ad6810&w=32&h=32&qlt=90&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
      Salon.com

"A stunning portrait of political corruption": Exactly how Joe …

Web (Samuel Corum/Getty Images) Reddit Email save Senator   Joe Manchin , the most prominent decision-maker on American energy and climate policy, has spent decades …

1. th?id=ODLS.d4a44368-cc0f-4442-9c48-b02ada89aad4&w=32&h=32&qlt=95&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
        Medium

Reasons Why Joe Manchin is the Vilest US Senator - Medium

Web Manchin   is so   corrupt , greedy, and evil even the Republicans will not let him join.   Manchin   thinks Climate Change is a great idea.   Manchin   does not care about fossil fuels causing …

1. th?id=ODLS.edb433f7-f7be-4c8a-9477-57db31239462&w=32&h=32&qlt=96&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
          The Guardian

Stop calling Joe Manchin ‘moderate’ – he’s just a greedy reactionary

Web Stop calling   Joe Manchin ‘moderate’   – he’s just a greedy reactionary | Arwa Mahdawi | The Guardian.   Joe Manchin   doesn’t want Americans to get spoiled by unhinged socialist …

1. th?id=ODLS.8aea52da-98f2-4a5a-9abb-b9054b92f835&w=32&h=32&qlt=97&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
            The Intercept

Joe Manchin’s Dirty Empire - The Intercept

Web September 3 2021, 8:00 a.m. n the early hours of August 11, the Senate voted to approve a $3.5 trillion budget resolution that would mark the nation’s most significant investment in  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.41  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.30    last year

From everything I've seen, people are holding Joe Biden responsible for the actions of his son.  It seems very clear to me that Hunter Biden is a deeply flawed man, for whatever reason,  and may well have made use of the family name to enrich himself.

But that's Hunter.

Moreover, they know that.  It's "the Biden family investigation".  It's like they're the Mafia in the minds of their political opponents - if one is guilty, the whole family must be in on it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.42  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.40    last year
  • th?id=ODLS.16583616-259c-432f-b9d0-11aecd42de59&w=32&h=32&qlt=93&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
    The New York Times

How   Joe Manchin   Aided Coal, and Earned Millions

Web Mar 27, 2022  · The private company behind Mr.   Manchin ’s millions. Mr.   Manchin   and his wife owned assets worth between $4.5 million to $12.8 million in 2020, according to Senate financial disclosure forms ...

• th?id=ODLS.16583616-259c-432f-b9d0-11aecd42de59&w=32&h=32&qlt=94&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
    The New York Times

Opinion | What   Joe Manchin   Cost Us -   The New York Times

Web Jul 16, 2022  · A Times investigation found that he also personally profited from coal, making roughly $5 million from 2010 to 2020 — about three times his Senate salary. Coal has made Mr.   Manchin   a millionaire

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.43  sandy-2021492  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.40    last year

I think there probably wasn't much attention paid to Manchin before the past few years.  He's from a tiny state that doesn't make the news very often.  But West Virginians know what kind of person he is, and what he's done.  Unfortunately, WV is plagued by the same problem as the nation at large with it comes to political candidates - a severe lack of decent, qualified people to run for office.  So the Manchins and the Moore-Capitos keep winning elections, because they're bad, but probably not as bad as the other guy.  The devil you know.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.44  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.42    last year
  • th?id=ODLS.010c3cb8-4f7a-4067-b004-13e751c4367b&w=32&h=32&qlt=93&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
    Rolling Stone

Bernie Sanders Is Mad as Hell at   Joe Manchin ’s   Corruption , And …

Web Jul 17, 2022  · Sen.   Joe Manchin   is “intentionally sabotaging the president's agenda, what the American people want, what a majority of us in the Democratic caucus want,” Sen. Bernie Sanders tells @MarthaRaddatz.

• th?id=ODLS.64851153-a141-45c5-bb62-064bc230c5fc&w=32&h=32&qlt=94&pcl=fffffa&o=6&pid=1.2
    Inquirer.com

Joe Manchin ’s ‘blind trust’ is an utter farce | Will Bunch Newsletter

Web Oct 19, 2021  · The senator knows that coal dollars are floating his boat. Like much of what passes for ethics in Congress, the whole thing is a farce. As any hardened investigative reporter would tell you, the   corruption   of   Joe Manchin   is the worst kind — the legal kind. “It’s a misnomer — these are not ‘blind trusts’ whatsoever,” Craig Holman ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.45  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.44    last year

Still think Democrats will support Joe Manchin for president ? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.46  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.43    last year

I feel fairly certain that Joe Manchin could never win the Democratic nomination. Of course if he runs on a No Labels ticket he doesnt have to win anything, he will simply be anointed as the nominee. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.47  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.37    last year
You just went from read what she wrote to I have to show you.

This is pathetic.   You invent words for Sandy and then fail to even show the source of your fantasy.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.48  sandy-2021492  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.46    last year

I doubt that he could.  He's been too willing to buck the party, and his ties to coal are too strong.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.49  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.48    last year

trying to be a 3rd party spoiler in 2024 is a predictable move for him, since he's probably finished as a wv senator. rwnj hopes that he could pull enough democrat or independent votes from biden to give trump back the white house is a stretch at this point in time.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.2.50  Right Down the Center  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.13    last year
in the Manchin case, there is evidence of wrongdoing (nepotism at least), but you wait for official censure. 

The first I am hearing about this is from you and the links you have provided(one that won't open, one behind a paywall and Wikipedia..  So I am wondering if anything official has come of this, censure, charges or anything.   This seems to be years old so I assume if it was that serious or illegal something would have been done about it.  I will agree it may very well be nepotism but that seems to be acceptable, albeit a bit sleezy.

But in the Biden case, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on Joe Biden's part, but you're ready to convict. 

If you asked me what I was ready to do instead of telling me I would have said the same thing about Joe as I did about Manchin.  I find it possible to there was nepotism which again seems to be acceptable even if I don't agree with it but I am not ready to convict him of anything like corruption.  As a matter of fact that is what I meant when I said "I will gladly wait until the charges of corruption are filed and a trial is held."  I am talking about both people but even more so Joe since it seems Manchins actions are 6 or so years old.  Again that is why I asked if anything was ever done about the Manchin thing.

Pointing out facts about Manchin from his own words is "character assassination", somehow.

Bringing something up years after the fact and trying to say it is corruption if there was nothing done about it......Yea, that is character assassination.

Why does this tactic seem familiar?

If you mean the tactic about putting words into someones mouth (or telling them what they are ready to do) and then expect them to defend something that just isn't true happens all too often

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.51  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.6    last year
selling influence

The problem being that there is absolutely no evidence of that.

Rudy Giuliani started the lie then Comer and Jordan ran with it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.52  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.49    last year

What a fucking prick.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.53  Sean Treacy  replied to  cjcold @1.2.51    last year

Lol.  If there was no evidence, a special prosecutor wouldn’t be have been appointed. Or do you think Biden/garland are in on the lie?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.54  sandy-2021492  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.2.50    last year

Ok, I'm responding to what I assume are your words, because you did not use the quote feature properly.

The fact that this is the first you're hearing of it is irrelevant.  It happened.  I provided links and quotes.  Yes, Wikipedia, but Wiki provides sources.  It was common knowledge in WV in 2007 when the story broke, but WV being WV, it would hardly be expected to have made national news.  Manchin appointed his wife to an office that allowed her to exert influence that favored their daughter's employer, and that daughter didn't earn her degree.  Several WVU officials lost their jobs over those lies.  They were patsies for Manchin.

No, he was never censured.  Censure is not the end-all and be-all regarding whether a politician is corrupt.  Many politicians get away with wrongdoing without potential censure.  But many here are ready to hang Joe Biden on no evidence, but support Manchin, who appointed his wife to an office that we all know allowed her to benefit her family financially.  I also provided the investigation into his daughter's unearned MBA, and the investigating board found that she was treated differently from how other students would have been due to her father's position.

Bringing something up years after the fact and trying to say it is corruption if there was nothing done about it......Yea, that is character assassination

Ah, if only the same standard were being applied to Hunter Biden being hired by Burisma 8 years ago.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.55  sandy-2021492  replied to  devangelical @1.2.49    last year
he's probably finished as a wv senator.

I don't know that he is.  WV has a habit of continuing to vote in people they know are corrupt.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.56  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.55    last year

exactly.

like Robert byrd!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.57  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.40    last year

So he is Biden lite.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.58  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.55    last year
WV has a habit of continuing to vote in people they know are corrupt.

... so does texas.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.59  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.2.58    last year

Like NY?

They have four major elected statewide officeholders: governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and comptroller. Over the last 16 years, 11 of them bit the scandal dust. 

Or Illinois?

Illinois governors are best at actually being convicted of crimes. Since 1961, and 12 governors, four have served prison time.

Chicago alderman, several top state legislators, and state House speaker Mike Madigan (D) resigned in a bribery scandal. If you want to go back further there was Dan Rostenkowski (D), Jesse Jackson Jr. (D) and Mel Reynolds (D).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.62  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.41    last year
  It seems very clear to me that Hunter Biden is a deeply flawed man, for whatever reason,  and may well have made use of the family name to enrich himself.

That's really interesting. That would mean those foreign entities paid Hunter all that money for favors and got nothing in return.

One would think that anyone screwed that way would be calling the Oversite Committee the day they were called into session.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.63  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.62    last year
That would mean those foreign entities paid Hunter all that money for favors and got nothing in return.

I would very much like to know what actually happened.   It is logical to expect that Hunter was paid for influence.   But Hunter might be a slimeball who merely sold a story of influence.   Given he has no skills that would warrant the money he ostensibly received, one would expect that his service was providing a means for his employers to gain benefits from his father.   So it is possible they got some benefits and it is possible that Hunter sold them a bill of goods.

Therefore the next step is to gain evidence that Joe Biden did provide benefits to Hunter's employers.    This is where the investigation seems stuck.

This needs to be cleared up.  If Joe Biden has done wrong then he needs to be held accountable.   If not, it is unhealthy and damaging for the nation looming about such a  serious matter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.64  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.63    last year
 If not, it is unhealthy and damaging for the nation looming about such a  serious matter.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.65  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.64    last year

What, exactly, is funny about my comment?

There is nothing funny about high level corruption.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.66  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.65    last year
What, exactly, is funny about my comment?

Now you are worried about the effect it would have on the country. That is funny.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.67  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.66    last year

How is that funny?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.68  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.67    last year

Since he came down the escalator, this country has been ripped to pieces. Joe Biden must be the bottom line, huh?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.69  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.68    last year

What are you talking about?   You now mention Trump and leap to Biden as the "bottom line".

State a clear point.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.70  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.69    last year
State a clear point.

How much clearer can I make it. If it was alright to tear up the country with endless and ridiculous investigations of Donald Trump, which included two faux impeachments and a media gone wild, why is an investigation of Joe Biden the line that endangers national unity?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.71  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.70    last year

You are replying to me.   Thus you are suggesting I am okay with pointless investigations.   Typical crap from those who have no argument.   Where have I supported the investigations into Trump that you reference?    I did not weigh in on those until we had some real evidence (or lack thereof) to deal with.   I do not recall ever weighing in on the Russian investigation.  Similarly, I have not weighed in on the Hunter investigation pending evidence.

And my comment @1.2.63 follows that same theme.   We have allegations against Biden that have been going on for years now.   This might be the first time I have commented on it.   My comment is that we need to clear this matter up.   If Biden did wrong, hold him accountable.   If not, then move on.

Same position I have with Trump.   If Trump did wrong (which at this point he obviously did based on substantial evidence) then hold him accountable.   If not, them move on.

You, et. al. operate on a partisan basis and often put your foot in your mouth due to reacting (partisan emotion) before sufficient evidence is available.   And since you cannot find me doing that, you invent scenarios like this.

Your comment is pathetic, Vic.   It is an invented, false scenario;  intellectual dishonesty.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.72  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.62    last year
That's really interesting. That would mean those foreign entities paid Hunter all that money for favors and got nothing in return.

Maybe they did.  Maybe they thought that money would buy access to his father, or favorable policies toward them.  Maybe Hunter did everything he could to lead them to believe that.  Maybe he's a lying asshole, and they have egg on their faces and lighter wallets.

Maybe Joe was in on it.  Maybe he wasn't.  Maybe he knew about it, tried to tell his son to knock it off, and Hunter did whatever the hell he wanted, anyway.

One would think that anyone screwed that way would be calling the Oversite Committee the day they were called into session.

There are any number of reasons why they might not.  Saving face.  Avoiding a political fallout.  Perhaps getting on the wrong side of the law in their own countries.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.73  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.15    last year

The Biden(s) didn't do anything, it was Hunter.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.74  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.63    last year

So, you believe there is merit to these, IMO, bullshit claims against President Biden?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.75  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.74    last year

No, TiG did not say that.  He said 

If Joe Biden has done wrong then he needs to be held accountable.  (Bolding mine)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.76  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.74    last year

see @1.2.75

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.77  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.75    last year

So, pretty much like you said then.

I'm sorry tig, it's not intentional, I'm having a bad day I think and it's coming out wrong.

Again, I apologize

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.78  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.77    last year

I do not know what Joe Biden did and it is certainly possible he has done nothing wrong.

I understand why GOP partisans are making hay out of this since the evidence illustrates Hunter has been playing some high stakes games and he is the son of Joe Biden.    But being a father does not mean that Joe Biden corruptly abused his position.    

The optics are bad for Joe Biden but there is no evidence that suggests he did anything wrong.   

Thus, as I stated, I would like this matter to be cleared up.   If Joe Biden did nothing wrong then let's get that clarified.   If he is corrupt, then hold him accountable.

Same basic principle that one should apply to Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.79  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.72    last year

Maybe but highly improbable.

The House Committee has been looking at it without much help for only a few months and seem to have accomplished more than the DOJ has in 5 years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.80  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.71    last year
Where have I supported the investigations into Trump that you reference? 

Well, TiG: Here is your chance to condemn it all starting with the illegitimate Trump investigations of a very corrupt FBI. We can both stand together against political prosecution!

I do not recall ever weighing in on the Russian investigation. 

Neither do I, especially after it was exposed as a fraud. 

That's the point.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.81  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.78    last year
I do not know what Joe Biden did and it is certainly possible he has done nothing wrong.

Will you accept a not guilty verdict for Trump in both the J6 trial and the classified document case, or will you carry on like your fellow partisans did after the revelation that the russian hoax was just that...a hoax,and continue to repeat the lie.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.82  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.79    last year
seem to have accomplished more than the DOJ has in 5 years.

With nothing to show for it, and still having to call it the Biden family investigation when they only seem to have found evidence of wrongdoing from one member of that family.

I have to wonder, why weren't they so worried about Jared and Ivanka's rapidly-increasing bank accounts when they were "senior advisors"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.83  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.81    last year

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.84  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.81    last year

The former 'president' is guilty of everything he is being charged for and still there is Georgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.85  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.80    last year
Well, TiG: Here is your chance to condemn it all starting with the illegitimate Trump investigations of a very corrupt FBI. We can both stand together against political prosecution!

I do not operate on command, Vic.   I comment on matters when it suits me, and based on facts (and against matters based on speculation).   The idea that you and I would see eye-to-eye on details is remote and I am not going to just categorically agree with you.    I have stated in this forum that both the Ds and the Rs have abused the power of impeachment for partisan purposes.   And clearly the Russian investigation on Trump was politically motivated.

So you can have my agreement that partisan politics produces abuses of government powers and that such abuses do not serve the interests of the American people.   Beyond that, we need a clear context and clear questions on the table.

Neither do I, especially after it was exposed as a fraud. 

I did not jump on the bandwagon while the Russian investigation was ensuing and did not make comments when it was shown to be groundless.    So what?   It never got legs and then died out.  I do not comment on everything that takes place.   I have not commented on the Hunter Biden nonsense either until recently.   I comment on that which piques my interest.   

You need to stop extrapolating ... it causes you to get many things wrong.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.86  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @1.2.81    last year
... the revelation that the russian hoax was just that...a hoax,and continue to repeat the lie.

Have you ever seen me make any positive claim regarding the Russian investigation?   No?   Then you are just emitting bullshit.

Will you accept a not guilty verdict for Trump in both the J6 trial and the classified document case ...

Of course I will accept a not guilty verdict barring some outrageous travesty (which would trigger an appeal).    If the prosecutor fails to convince the jury on any of the following then I will accept a not guilty determination on the specific items:

I.   Tried to steal a presidential election for the first time in USA history by:

• claimed that he won the election but was cheated due to fraud in the US electoral system?
  • agitated his supporters into falsely thinking their votes were disenfranchised?
  • tried to get officials (e.g.  Raffensperger) to 'find votes' so that he could win states he lost (e.g. Georgia)?
  • tried to get state legislators to override the votes in their states (e.g. Michigan)?
  • tried to get the Speaker of the AZ House (Bowers) to authorize fake electors?
  • organized fake alternate electors in seven states he lost
  • tried to suborn an unconstitutional act from his own V.P. — to get Pence to table counts of select states he lost to try to win through all other states?
  • encouraged his supporters to fight against the 'fraud' and to protest the count (after months of working them up with lies of a fraudulent election)?
  • tweeted that Pence had let them down in the middle of the insurrection?
  • refused to take action to stop the insurrection for 3 hours?

II.   Obstructed the lawful securing of classified documents by   knowingly  and   willingly   :

• communicated classified contents to an unauthorized source
  • concealed (hiding) classified documents (holding national defense information) to avoid having to return them
  • lied about held classified documents
  • corruptly persuaded another person to withhold or hide classified documents rather than return them
  • conspired to obstruct justice in the return of classified documents

See, bugsy, our legal system determines legal guilt.    There is no point not accepting that.   But being found not guilty of acts does not falsify facts of reality.    There is no denying that Trump engaged in wrongdoing (see above).   Some of the above line items might be shown to be false (e.g. the claim that Trump corruptly persuaded another person to withhold or hide classified documents) but most of the above is already well-evidenced even if it does not translate into legal guilt of a crime.

You have claimed that Trump has indeed engaged in wrongdoing.    Given you asked your question of me, do you still hold that Trump was wrong to do the above or have you changed your mind?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.87  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.83    last year

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.88  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.82    last year
With nothing to show for it

To the contrary: They exposed the money trail, showed where the DOJ limited an IRS investigation, showed that Antony Blinken got the 51 "former intel officials to sign the bull shit letter saying the Hunter Laptop story had all the hallmarks of "Russian disinformation," and showed how Weiss allowed the statute of limitations to run out on serious crimes committed by Hunter Biden back when Joe was vice president.  

In the meantime, the msm has finally been forced to cover the Biden story.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.89  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.85    last year
 I comment on matters when it suits me

Yes and you are quite fussy for someone who calls others "partisan."

Some comments are very revealing. The other day we were discussing Joe Biden's policies and I asked you if you thought the southern border was open. You responded that you thought Biden failed to secure the border.

Considering his actions, how many people believe his policy was to secure the border?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.90  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.88    last year

Then I'm sure you're confident there will be court convictions, which is the standard you hold for Trump, yes?  I know you wouldn't want to be accused of harboring double standards.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.91  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.90    last year
Then I'm sure you're confident there will be court convictions, which is the standard you hold for Trump, yes?

No, I think that all we get now is a report from Special Council Weiss after the election saying that Hunter Biden acted alone, and that the statute of limitation has expired on any serious crimes.  In the case of Trump, I believe he will be convicted in certain jurisdictions and those verdicts will eventually be overturned on appeal.  You asked for my opinion/predictions of the future, right?  All I have is the past performance of our modern justice system.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.92  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.89    last year
Yes and you are quite fussy for someone who calls others "partisan."

You are a partisan, Vic.   There is no denying it.   You predictably take the GOP position on every issue.    And it appears the 'GOP position' for you is that which is expressed via conservative media.

I, in contrast, hold our (current) political parties in contempt.   I hold to neither party and make my decisions based on facts (and good evidence).   My political views are socially liberal and fiscally conservative so I will sometimes agree with the Ds (e.g. renewable energy, abortion) and sometimes with the Rs (e.g. illegal immigration, smaller, more efficient government).   ( By the way, contemporary GOP is no longer even attempting to be fiscally responsible so I am referring to the GOP of old. )   

Nowadays since the GOP has lost its collective mind (Trump and MAGA), I find the Ds to be more rational.   That is a function of the GOP failing to be what it used to be.   

Some comments are very revealing. The other day we were discussing Joe Biden's policies and I asked you if you thought the southern border was open. You responded that you thought Biden failed to secure the border.

How is that revealing; revealing of what?    Has Biden secured the border or not?   I say he has failed to do so.   In what way do you disagree?   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.93  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.92    last year
You are a partisan, Vic.   There is no denying it. 

Ah, TiG, in a fair world I'd get to call you names, but I can't. Now do you see why people sympathize with Trump?

Nowadays since the GOP has lost its collective mind

Because it supports Trump?   Losing their collective mind would apply to the party that allowed the radical left to take control of it.

How is that revealing?  

You have to be kidding!  Are we going to pretend that you don't know the difference between a failed attempt at trying to secure the border and successfully doing everything possible to open it up?  There are honest lefties on here who admit that they want foreign migrants to be able to walk right in. They are the people that Joe Biden has served since he was sworn in.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.94  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.91    last year
I believe he will be convicted in certain jurisdictions and those verdicts will eventually be overturned on appeal.

I'm sure that's what you believe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.95  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.94    last year

And you believe that the convictions will stick?  Which ones?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.96  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.95    last year

I'll wait to see whether he's convicted, and not jump to conclusions about the outcome.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.97  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.96    last year

You asked for my opinion, but you don't want to give your's.

Next

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.98  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.97    last year

I'm allowing you to illustrate the different standards you have for Democrats versus Republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.99  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.98    last year
Then I'm sure you're confident there will be court convictions, which is the standard you hold for Trump, yes? 

Here are your words:

You asked for my opinion and I gave it.  I asked for yours and you declined.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.100  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.93    last year
Ah, TiG, in a fair world I'd get to call you names, but I can't. 

Names?   Partisan describes a political situation.   You deny that you are a partisan?   

Now do you see why people sympathize with Trump?

No, Vic, explain to me (to all of us) why people sympathize with Trump.   Explain how Trump is mistreated.

Because it supports Trump?

Yes!

You have to be kidding!  Are we going to pretend that you don't know the difference between a failed attempt at trying to secure the border and successfully doing everything possible to open it up?  There are honest lefties on here who admit that they want foreign migrants to be able to walk right in. They are the people that Joe Biden has served since he was sworn in.

And here you go illustrating how you imagine positions for others.   I stated that Biden failed to secure the border which means that I disapprove of illegal immigration and that Biden has not addressed the problem.   You translate that into me arguing that Biden attempted to secure the border but somehow did not succeed.   I made no such argument.   I stated the factual reality and did not focus on partisan reasons.

Biden failed to secure the border.   That means he should have (IMO) improved the situation but did not.   That is a failure.   

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.101  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.86    last year

Why is every response a lecture from you?

No one ever asks for it.

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.102  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.101    last year

You need to follow your own advice [removed]

tig is not guilty of that

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.103  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.99    last year

Most extreme partisans just don't see how they are defending one and constantly demeaning another, all  because of some wrongdoing (not proven illegal) but ignoring obvious corruption and quid pro quo bribes.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.104  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.98    last year

Exactly, you only see Rupub partisanship here, never find Democrat partisanship on these pages.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.105  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.100    last year
That is a failure.

So you agree Biden himself as president is a failure.

Most Americans do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.106  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.100    last year
Names?

Yup, a name useful to the intellectually lazy

No, Vic, explain to me (to all of us) why people sympathize with Trump.

How does one explain the obvious. You have a president who we now know told his DOJ to prosecute his chief political opponent during an election. How many times have democrats used the power of government to go after Donald Trump. How many TiG?  You talk about partisanship. I leave that one for our readers.

And here you go illustrating how you imagine positions for others.   I stated that Biden failed to secure the border which means that I disapprove of illegal immigration and that Biden has not addressed the problem.   You translate that into me arguing that Biden attempted to secure the border but somehow did not succeed.   I made no such argument.   I stated the factual reality and did not focus on partisan reasons.

Biden failed to secure the border.   That means he should have (IMO) improved the situation but did not.   That is a failure.   

The only "failure" there is you trying to talk your way out of that one. Biden wanted an open border...He was very successful!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.107  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.98    last year
[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.108  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @1.2.103    last year
but ignoring obvious corruption

Imagine not noticing anything wrong with the current FBI?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.109  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.99    last year

I'm aware of what my words were.  I'm not the one assuming Biden is guilty, but also assuming that Trump is not.  Your words indicate that you are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.110  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.109    last year

My words indicate my opinion. Why are you afraid to give one?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.111  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @1.2.101    last year

You are whining that I gave you a thoughtful, factual answer.

Having a hard time generating sympathy for the horrible mistreatment you must endure.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.112  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.110    last year

Ok, and?

My words were calculated to allow you to reveal your hyperpartisanship.  My objective has been accomplished.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.113  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.105    last year

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.114  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.112    last year
My words were calculated

Your words clearly asked my opinion. I gave you facts on the case earlier, to which you did not respond. Are you really going to play the game that leads to every leftist saying where's the proof?

My objective has been accomplished.

Your scam backfired....Again!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.115  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.106    last year
Yup, a name useful to the intellectually lazy

Are you a GOP partisan, Vic?   Would you ever even consider voting for a D?   What policies of the Ds do you support?

You have a president who we now know told his DOJ to prosecute his chief political opponent during an election. How many times have democrats used the power of government to go after Donald Trump. How many TiG?  You talk about partisanship. I leave that one for our readers.

As I have noted, Trump was the target of unfair partisan initiatives.   That is pretty much how our irresponsible political parties operate.

But you seem to be trying to argue that ALL of the investigations/indictments on Trump are purely politically motivated.   My position is that while Trump has had unfair treatment that the vast majority of negative treatment today is justified by his actions.

What he has done greatly overshadows the partisan moves against him.

The only "failure" there is you trying to talk your way out of that one.

This is what causes me to give you et.al. little benefit of the doubt nowadays.   Here you are working your ass off trying to tag me with a position that I did not take and will not take.  You routinely fail in your arguments and resort to dishonesty.   The worst thing you can do with me.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.116  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.112    last year

.. with every keystroke.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.117  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @1.2.105    last year
So you agree Biden himself as president is a failure.

It is truly pathetic watching people like you being forced to cherrypick and exaggerate because you (seemingly) cannot put forth a cogent honest argument.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.118  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.115    last year
Are you a GOP partisan, Vic?

I don't get to make that call, just like you don't get to proclaim yourself as "non-partisan."

Would you even even consider voting for a D?

Let me think...Yes! I'd consider voting for Joe Manchin vs John Kasich!

What policies of the Ds do you support?

Some of the now deceased policies of the mainstream democrat party, like when Bill Clinton reformed welfare and his wife Hillary was tough on crime and America's adversaries.

Now it's my turn to cross examine you:

When have you ever voted for a Republican?

What is your opinion of the Hillary Clinton e-mail server investigation?

What is your opinion of the Trump/Russia investigation

What is your opinion of the 2020 riots?

We need to get you on record.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.119  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2.116    last year

That's the leader alright

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.120  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.119    last year

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.121  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.114    last year
Your scam backfired....Again!

Nah.  You defended Trump, even if he is convicted, while having already found Biden guilty.

Hyperpartisanship on display.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.122  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.120    last year

comment removed for context [ph]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.123  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.118    last year
When have you ever voted for a Republican?

Amazing that you actually think this is a gotcha question.   Do you actually believe I am a D??   You cannot even conceive of a political independent!

I voted most recently for Romney and Kasich.   Prior to the GOP losing its way, I leaned R.

I have already weighed in on Hillary and the Russian investigation.   Both were wrong.

Be more specific about the 2020 riots.   Ask a pointed question.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.124  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.123    last year
Do you actually believe I am a D?

Yes, 100 percent.

Doesn't matter where you leaned before.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.125  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @1.2.124    last year

Yeah, you cannot even imagine someone who is not bound to a political party.   To you one is either R or D.   I am not surprised that a blind partisan thinks as you do.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.126  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.125    last year

My comment remains the same....and truthful...

100 percent D

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.127  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.103    last year

You are the one ignoring obvious corruption, the complete corruption, of the former 'president' who is a walking talking crime spree.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.128  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.126    last year

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    last year
Manchin is openly flirting with a third-party run for the presidency in 2024, a move that could upend Biden's prospects of winning re-election.

This, of course, would be disastrous as it is a path where Trump could actually be elected PotUS.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2    last year
This, of course, would be disastrous

I think Gen Custer was once asked where the 7th Cavalry was heading. He answered to hell or to Glory, you see, it depends upon one's point of view.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

I am not going to give a full response to your comment since that would derail your article, but the essence of what I would write is that voting for Trump is irresponsible, irrational and unpatriotic.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    last year

I suspect millions of Americans would view the reelection of Biden as irresponsible, irrational and unpatriotic.

How in the world can you overlook and ignore the damage and disgrace that Biden's actions, corruption, and incompetence has brought to our country?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    last year

Yet the steaming pile of shit got 80 million votes.

Have we figured that out yet?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    last year

No, the former 'president' the steaming pile of shit did not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    last year

I'm saying that having Joe Manchin as the democrat nominee would relieve us all of that burden.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    last year

What do you mean by burden?  The burden of voting for Trump?   Are you implying that if Manchin vs. Trump that you would vote for Manchin?   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.6    last year
 Are you implying that if Manchin vs. Trump that you would vote for Manchin?

Nope.  I don't expect Trump to beat Manchin. Manchin should get the vast majority of independent votes. That election might just find me sitting at home.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    last year

First of all, your view of Biden is extreme.   He is not, IMO, a good president but you paint him with language that is more appropriate for Trump and you do so in a defense of Trump.  

Second, I am not overlooking anything.   What I do is weigh all the factors without emotion.   Rational analysis is different from what you just presented.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.8    last year
First of all, your view of Biden is extreme.

I vehemently disagree.

We have a lack of public safety that is unprecedented, a needless energy problem and a very wide-open border. If that isn't extreme, I don't know what is.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.10  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.8    last year
"First of all, your view of Biden is extreme.   He is not, IMO, a good president but you paint him with language that is more appropriate for Trump and you do so in a defense of Trump."   Oh please, quit slathering on the juvenile judgmental BS. The corrupt Biden Cult is much worse for the country than Trump could ever be. Telling the truth about this senile old asshole in not a defense of Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    last year
I vehemently disagree.

What a surprise.  

If that isn't extreme, I don't know what is.

You take Biden's failures/faults to the extreme and downplay those of Trump.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.11    last year
You take Biden's failures/faults to the extreme and downplay those of Trump.   

Show me where?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.10    last year

You exaggerate the flaws of Biden and downplay those of Trump.   Typical partisan crap.   Partisanship disrupts objectivity.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    last year
Show me where?

The problem with that is that you cannot see it.    All one need do is read your posts.   I would suggest you try to read your own posts objectively.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.14    last year
The problem with that is that you cannot see it. 

The problem is that you may not want to go down that path. 

Let us start the journey:

Is the southern border open??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.15    last year
The problem is that you may not want to go down that path. 

I explained the problem to you.   Your view of reality is tainted by extreme partisanship.   IMO, of course.

Is the southern border open??

Yes.  As I have noted many times now, this is one of Biden's clear failures of policy.   Now, my turn.

Did Trump violate his oath of office by attempting, for the first time in USA history, to steal a presidential election by discrediting the electoral system in order to rally his supporters against the system, attempting to coerce officials into unconstitutional and likely illegal acts and attempt to violate the orderly transfer of power through a scheme of Pence tabling certified votes coupled with false electors from seven states?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    last year
As I have noted many times now, this is one of Biden's clear failures of policy.

Failure?   He obviously wanted it open!

Did Trump violate his oath of office by attempting, for the first time in USA history, to steal a presidential election by discrediting the electoral system in order to rally his supporters against the system, attempting to coerce officials into unconstitutional and likely illegal acts and attempt to violate the orderly transfer of power through a scheme of Pence tabling certified votes coupled with false electors from seven states?

I answered that months ago. Trump was wrong to do that, which btw has NOTHING TO DO WITH POLICY!

Next question:

Did Joe Biden discourage American energy production?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.17    last year
Failure?   He obviously wanted it open!

This is bizarre.   I just deemed Biden's open border policy a failure and you take objection to that.     Do you consider his policy a failure or a success?   What on Earth is your problem?

Trump was wrong to do that ...

Yes he was.   So we compare Biden's failure to properly address illegal immigration to Trump's attempt to steal a USA election.   No contest.

Did Joe Biden discourage American energy production?

Biden discouraged American fossil fuel energy production and encouraged American renewable energy production.   You should know this already.

Now, my question:

Did Trump willingly and knowingly hold, attempt to hide, disclose to unauthorized individuals (in at least one case) and attempt to impede the return of classified documents?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  TᵢG @2    last year

My prediction is that Manchin running against both Biden and Trump would have a decent shot at winning.  Those otherwise voting for Trump or Biden with their noses plugged would have a more palatable option.  I wouldn’t be excited about it but depending on how his debates went I could see myself voting for Manchin if it became clear that he was sweeping away significant Biden and Trump votes.  Then I’d be the one plugging my nose.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2    last year

That is pure craziness. If one could be sure a third party candidate would win, or harm only Trump's chances, then one could make a semi reasonable case for voting third party. But neither of those are likelihoods. No third party candidate since the early days of the country has been a serious contender to win in a presidential election . Teddy Roosevelt got 27% of the popular vote in 1912 as a third party candidate and was still swamped in the electoral vote. And that is the high point for third party candidates. 

A third party candidate will most likely help Trump , and there are any number of political analyst articles that explain this. Even if there is only a 50% chance a third party will help Trump (and I think the chance is quite a bit higher) it is far too much risk to take . 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    last year

You’re always referencing the history of third party results and consequences.  This is obviously like no time in history.

A third party candidate will most likely help Trump , and there are any number of political analyst articles that explain this.

Any number of political articles could also have explained how Trump couldn’t possibly win his first primary.  I saw through that wishful thinking and stated right here on NT that I had a shocking and uneasy feeling that Trump could win that primary, and at that time you said I was nuts.  It obviously only got worse from there.  Trump’s baggage is so extreme right now that many of his initial supporters still prefer him but are ready to consider a different option.  The only reason I would vote for Manchin would be to ensure Trump wouldn’t win because Biden has risks from an idiot son problem, old age, and a ubiquitous severe distaste for Kamala Harris.  I would hope you would jump on that bandwagon if the writing gets written on the wall.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    last year
third party candidate will most likely help Trump

Possibly. A moderate would hurt the most extreme candidate. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.2    last year
The only reason I would vote for Manchin would be to ensure Trump wouldn’t win because Biden has risks from an idiot son problem, old age, and a ubiquitous severe distaste for Kamala Harris.

Yup.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    last year

I have to agree with you here - voting for corrupt manchin makes no fucking sense to me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2    last year

Yet you would vote for Manchin.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @2.3    last year

WTF is going on today Tessylo?

I never stated that I would vote for Manchin if he ran third party.   In fact, I have stated in this forum that the NoLabels party with Manchin would harm Biden and favor Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.3.1    last year

Then I read it wrong then I guess.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.3.1    last year

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.5  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2    last year
This, of course, would be disastrous as it is a path where Trump could actually be elected PotUS.

Do you think it would be just as disastrous if the same path leads to a Biden re election?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.5.1  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.5    last year

Do you ever pay attention to what I write?    All I see from you lately is bullshit.

As I have stated numerous times in this forum, I do not want to see Biden as PotUS.   Reason 1 is that he is too old.   We need new, younger blood in the range (roughly) of 45-65 years of age.   

But there is no comparing Biden, with all his negatives, to Trump.    Trump has demonstrated that he is willing to compromise anyone and anything (including our nation) to get what he wants.  He has the distinction of being the only PotUS (hell, only candidate) in US history who has conspired to steal a US election.   He has no integrity and is basically a con-man.   Anyone who can think clearly would not want a malignant narcissist, pathological liar con-man sitting in the most powerful office on the planet.   That is irresponsible, irrational and unpatriotic.

To wit:

• Biden as PotUS ≡ very undesirable
  • Trump as PotUS ≡ unacceptable

Now bookmark this reply if you think you cannot remember it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.5.2  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.5.1    last year

Why do you constantly defend Biden?

You only classified Biden as very undesirable, however, you classify Trump as unacceptable.

Do you not think Biden has compromised the US by "allegedly" accepting bribes from various unscrupulous countries that would like to see us buried?

To wit: Trump= he says mean things and he has done wrongdoing

Biden= He's old but it doesn't matter that there is obvious evidence of his corruption  that could have put this country's security at risk. He is just better than Trump.

Stop being so naive.

You don't have to bookmark anything because you will constantly hound me about obtuse things, anyway.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.5.3  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @2.5.2    last year

why so you constantly defend the indefensible AKA the former 'president'?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.5.4  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.5.2    last year
Why do you constantly defend Biden?

Here you go again with pure bullshit.   Funny how the Ds here object when I criticize Biden yet you somehow are blissfully ignorant of my criticisms.   More bullshit from you.

You only classified Biden as very undesirable, however, you classify Trump as unacceptable.

Well, good, you picked up on that.   Yes, that is exactly correct.

Do you not think Biden has compromised the US by "allegedly" accepting bribes from various unscrupulous countries that would like to see us buried?

You can show that Biden actually did this?    If so, educate us all.   In the meantime, I will state my position again since you obviously are confused:

IF Biden accepted foreign money for services delivered via his position then he should be held accountable.

Now, read the above carefully and maybe bookmark the comment so that you can remind yourself.

To wit: Trump= he says mean things and he has done wrongdoing

Trump is a traitor.   He abused the power of his position in an attempt to steal a US election.   Among other things (read my list).  

It is pathetic that you downplay the significance of what Trump has done into merely "say mean things" and "done wrongdoing" as if Trump is being unfairly criticized.   Back to defending Trump, bugsy?

He's old but it doesn't matter that there is obvious evidence of his corruption  that could have put this country's security at risk. He is just better than Trump.

That is not my position.   More bullshit from you.   The evidence against Trump is overwhelming.   In addition, there are formal indictments issued.   The Biden case is currently nothing more than allegations with the only evidence of wrongdoing being the fact that Hunter is Joe's son.   But you leap to guilt.   What a surprise.

There is no comparison in terms of evidence between the allegations against Trump and those against Biden.   Take off your partisan blinders.

... you will constantly hound me about obtuse things, ...

And now you whine.   Ironically so, given the post you just wrote.

When you make stupid/dishonest posts, expect to be challenged.   If that is a problem for you, don't make stupid/dishonest posts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.5.5  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @2.5.2    last year

What obvious evidence of corruption?  You've never provided proof of that or anything else for that matter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.5.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.5.5    last year
What obvious evidence of corruption? 

Have you read the Horowitz Report?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.5.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.5.6    last year

see 2.5.2

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    last year

Biden has pretty much betrayed Manchin, who I think will at least become an independent by years end.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3    last year

No, Manchin, the corrupt DINO, betrayed President Biden.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @3    last year

Who hasn't Biden betrayed?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    last year

A lot of people?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3    last year
who I think will at least become an independent by years end.

I think Manchin may have finally figured out that he has a better chance at becoming president as the DNC nominee rather than as an independent.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    last year

I wouldn't mind if Manchin challenged Biden.

I can just see Manchin wiping the floor with Biden.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.1    last year

IF Biden's handlers allow him to debate. Bet the rules would HAVE to include Biden getting all the questions beforehand so his handlers can tell him what to say.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.1    last year

Biden would NEVER debate him. The way it is set up for Biden is perfect right now:

The media spends all its time on the Trump indictments, the DOJ covers up the Biden family corruption and Joe Biden spends his time sitting at a beach in Delaware.

GettyImages1236426422-1-3ed1f933-454a-4837-b4dd-8e7f08bf6212.jpg?width=800

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    last year

A simple plan for a simple man. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.2    last year

It would take a lot of planning. Remember when he debated Trump? They had to get 50 former intelligence officials to ultimately ruin their reputations by signing onto that Russian disinformation letter regarding the Hunter Biden laptop. Just on the predictable possibility that Trump would bring up the laptop story being suppressed. It worked like a charm, remember?

I would post the debate where Biden was waiting for Trump to bring it up just so he could say it was "Russian disinformation," but guess what?  That scene is not to be found any longer on the internet.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    last year

You think, and have said, that the only reason people would vote against Trump is because of his personality or his mean tweets. That claim is laughable. 

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.7  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    last year

That should be obvious; an independent winning the presidency today is a major long shot.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.6    last year

Just about anyone who is not a leftist ideologue would have to agree that the country was FAR BETTER under Trump than Biden.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.8    last year

Anyone who is insane.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.6    last year

None whatsoever.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.8    last year

The problem is that you give Trump all the credit for the circumstances during his first years (ignoring his last year) and thus presume that reelecting Trump will be good for the nation.   That is naïve.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.7    last year

That is correct. I think the best thing for the country right now is for Manchin to enter the DNC primary.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.11    last year
(ignoring his last year)

Are you blaming him for the pandemic?  He was golden from beginning to end.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.6    last year

Sure as hell wouldn't be his policies unless Obama's terms indeed made the country into a bunch of candy assed pussies.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.5    last year
Remember when he debated Trump?

I remember when Trump and Biden debated. Trump acted like a lunatic, interrupting Biden dozens of times, and at one point telling the Proud Boys to "stand by".

Trump's performance in that debate is considered to be the absolute low point in presidential debate history. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    last year

There's a lot to cover of the former 'president's' corruption and with still another looming indictment from Georgia.

There is no corruption regarding President Biden to cover up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.15    last year

You remember?

All I want to know is if you remember when Joe Biden said intel officials have called the Hunter laptop story "Russian disinformation?"

Do you?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.18  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.13    last year

No, Vic, I blame him for his handling of the pandemic.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.13    last year

Good grief, Vic.  Ignoring doctors, calling the pandemic a Democratic conspiracy, having the federal government get into a bidding war with state governments for PPE, vacillating on recommending the "Trump vaccine" after having received it himself - how in the world is that "golden"?  To say that requires one be partisan in the extreme, to the point of denying reality.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.20  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.3.19    last year

It is clear that GOP partisans downplay the faults of Trump and exaggerate those of Biden.   IMO, this failure of critical analysis is the root of most controversy and in today's politics the GOP partisans are far more adversely affected than the D partisans.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.3.19    last year
Ignoring doctors,

Please be specific. We had Dr Fauci making shit up as he went along, but Trump followed his recommendations.

having the federal government get into a bidding war with state governments for PPE, vacillating on recommending the "Trump vaccine" after having received it himself 

Don't you mean putting the development of a vaccine on the fast track and getting it within 10 months, when Dr Fauci said it wasn't possible?  And at the same time candidate Biden and his running mate were discouraging people to trust the new vaccine.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.22  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.20    last year
It is clear

Crystal.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.23  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.21    last year

Trump did not follow his recommendations.  Trump kept having campaign rallies when large gatherings were exactly NOT what Fauci recommended.

Your comments do not reflect reality.

Aides did not disclose why Trump was vaccinated in secret. Polls have frequently found vaccine skepticism to be disproportionately common among Republican voters, a partisan divide that threatens to hamper vaccine rollout.

Other top officials, including then-President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, and then-Vice President Mike Pence received shots in front of television cameras.

Trump discussed vaccinations during his Sunday speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, urging delegates to get their shots while mocking Biden for receiving one.

Harris said she wouldn't take the vaccine on Trump's word of its safety.  She said she'd trust medical experts.  You know, the ones not considering injecting people with disinfectants.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.24  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.3.23    last year
Your comments do not reflect reality.

For emphasis!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.3.23    last year

Throughout the last year, many people have looked to  Anthony Fauci , MD, for perspective and  guidance on the pandemic . As a result, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) has been responsible for a handful of tough decisions over the past seven months. Recently, Fauci said that the most challenging decision he had to make during the pandemic was to advise  Donald Trump  to implement a nationwide shutdown.

"It was a decision to make a recommendation to the president," Fauci answered. "It wasn't my decision that I could implement." That recommendation was to shut down the U.S. to drastically slow the spread of coronavirus.

Dr. Fauci Says He Recommended a Nationwide Shutdown to Trump Early On (yahoo.com)

Fauci recommended it and Trump suffered the consequences. Neither Dr Fauci, nor any other leading health official knew much about that virus.

Harris said she wouldn't take the vaccine on Trump's word of its safety.

That was her save line after sowing doubt in case the vaccine was distributed before the election. There was no danger of that. Big Pharma waited until about a week after the election to say "we got it!"  And Joe & Kamala were among the first to use the Trump vaccine.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.26  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.24    last year
Harris said she wouldn't take the vaccine on Trump's word of its safety.

How's this for reality?  OIP.yLHEhokGRsjE6QMApPpi7AHaFG?w=286&h=197&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.27  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.25    last year

Trump did not follow Fauci's recommendations, and opposed them fairly early on.

President Donald Trump on Monday said he planned to pull the U.S. economy out of its coronavirus-induced slumber in a matter of weeks, and refused to commit to following the advice of his handpicked health experts — many of whom have warned that it will be a matter of months before it will be safe to reopen the country again — when reassessing guidelines for social isolation.

“Our country wasn’t built to be shut down. This is not a country that was built for this,” Trump insisted to reporters during a White House press briefing with his coronavirus task force on Monday evening, predicting that “America will again and soon be open for business. Very soon. A lot sooner than three or four months that somebody was suggesting.”

Trump very strongly hinted that he planned to ease federal guidance on social distancing at the end of his administration’s “15 Days to Slow the Spread” initiative, which ends next Monday , despite an expected explosion of reported cases as tests for coronavirus become more widely available.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.28  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.26    last year

You conveniently left out the part where she'd trust people who weren't considering injecting disinfectant.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.29  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.26    last year

Good grief Vic, you just will never get it.

Yes, Harris said that she would take the vaccine if medically recommended but that she would not take it on Trump's word alone.

What is the problem with that?   I would not take the vaccine on Trump's word alone either.   Trump demonstrated that he did not know what he was talking about and clearly he has no expertise in biology.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.30  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.8    last year

I dont agree with your premise, but even if I did Trump will be unfit for all eternity.

People don't want a TRAITOR as their president. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.30    last year

Joe is the traitor [deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.3.27    last year

Sandy, I know all about the push to pretend that Trump didn't follow Fauci's recommendations. The truth is that he did. We all lived through it despite Politico and mother Jones trying to rewrite history, A robust economy weas shut down because Dr Fauci recommended it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.33  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.29    last year
Good grief Vic, you just will never get it.

No, you don't.

Harris and Biden don't get to pull their punches. The vaccine was not to be trusted if it became available when it should have but was suddenly as good as gold under Biden.  The people are not as feeble minded as our illustrious college students tend to be. We got it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.34  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.31    last year

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.35  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.31    last year

vic, why dont you join heated debate and we can discuss who is or isnt a traitor or an extremist. I am not allowed to discuss that with you here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.36  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.35    last year

Believe t or not John, the idea of you and I calling each other names doesn't appeal to me.  

Where is Bruce these days?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.37  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.36    last year

I dont know where Bruce is, but I know he would run rings around you when it came to "debating". 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.38  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.37    last year
I know he would run rings around you when it came to "debating"

I get that impression too.

Sorry I missed him. I must have arrived shortly after he left.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.39  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.31    last year
Joe is the traitor ...

Good fucking grief, Vic.

Trump compared to Biden in terms of being a traitor and you deny Trump as a traitor and just declare that the true traitor is Biden.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.40  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.33    last year

You continue to ignore that Harris said she would not take the vaccine on Trump's recommendation but rather on the recommendations of qualified professionals.

Why do you continue to blot this fact out of your mind?   To what end?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.41  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.18    last year

Not handling it all essentially but leaving it up to the states except for favoring red states wherever possible.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.3.42  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.32    last year

We lived through a half-assed shutdown.

President Donald Trump on Friday encouraged an anti-lockdown group that is scheduled to protest in Minnesota against stay-at-home orders to prevent the spread of coronavirus and he appeared to back such efforts in other states, arguing that "elements" of some state regulations were "just too tough."

“I think elements of what they’ve done are just too tough," Trump said at the daily White House press briefing Friday evening when asked about a tweet — "LIBERATE MINNESOTA!" — that he posted earlier in the day.

Trump's encouragement of groups protesting their state's stay-at-home orders is inconsistent with his announcement Thursday that he would offer guidelines for reopening the country, but would leave specific plans to the governors.

"You're going to call your own shots," Trump said during a videoconference with governors Thursday afternoon in the Situation Room, according to two people listening to the call.

Trump's position on lockdowns (and masks, and vaccination...) tend to vary with the political winds.  He tells people what they want to hear.  When he thinks people want him to be tough on the virus to protect the public health, he acts tough.  When he thinks they're getting sick of staying home and might want to come donate money to a billionaire at a political rally, he holds a rally during a pandemic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.43  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.11    last year

Naive is not the word for it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.46  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  dennis smith @3.3.44    last year

TDS is an incurable disease.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.47  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.46    last year

Yes and you all have it bad.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4  Right Down the Center    last year

If Manchin could derail Biden that would be great for America.  It might help Dems discover he is not a viable candidate and back someone else, be it Manchin or some other centrist Dem.

Now if someone would step up on the other side of the aisle we might not get an election of the lesser of two evils.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @4    last year

Manchin will never be the Democratic nominee for president. Most Democrats consider him to be a turncoat. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    last year

No doubt.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    last year
Manchin will never be the Democratic nominee for president.

You don't mind if I copy that for future use?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    last year

You are probably right but I would not totally count him out.  It seems more and more people are getting sick of choosing between a narcissistic ass hole and a dementia ridden incompetent asshole.  A darkhorse may be exactly what this country needs.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.3    last year

There is no evidence Biden is incompetent. He fumbles with words sometimes and turns the wrong way on a stage. Big deal when you consider the alternative. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    last year

I have also witnessed countless times when Biden rattles off historically accurate and detailed information for minutes on end without a teleprompter.  Compared to Trump he’s a fucking genius.  Unfortunately, like every human on earth he is a mortal man, and he’s clearly in his twilight.  Like it or not, Harris is an anchor in this respect.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.5    last year

Harris would be 100 x more of an appropriate president for America than Donald Trump. 

I cant believe people are even posing this as an issue. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    last year

Of course she would, so would Nicki Minaj for that matter.  But if Manchin were to run as a third party candidate it becomes a very different game.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.7    last year

Why?  Manchin is a calm presence I will grant you, but he is a tool of the fossil fuel industry and has become rich as a corrupt politician. I'd rather have Biden give it a go for four more years. 

Now if Dan Goldman wants to run in 2024 that would be a different story for me. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.9  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    last year

Every D in the country would rather have Biden for another four years, but the chances of old age interrupting that isn’t small.  I’m no Manchin fan, but I haven’t heard of anyone else taking advantage of this unique reality yet.  If any third party candidate can diplomatically clean up on the debate stage and handle Trump like the little bitch he is, then I could possibly be persuaded.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.9    last year

I dont think there is a chance in the world that Joe Manchin would attack Trump in the way you would like. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.9    last year
Every D in the country would rather have Biden for another four years

Let's ask our readers:

Biden or Manchin?

OIP.qxnlGadluFb_I3dL0xKRfAHaE8?w=300&h=200&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

"Give us Manchin."

Ok

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.12  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.10    last year

I don’t think there’s a chance he’s going to stand there and let Trump be Trump on him either.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    last year

I believe you all know how I feel about him.

LOL1

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    last year
I cant believe people are even posing this as an issue. 

Here is the issue as I see it.

Assume we are stuck with Biden vs. Trump.    I would have much less concern voting for Biden if his V.P. were a solid person who could properly assume the presidency.   The idea of a president Harris bothers me greatly.   

Of course I would pick Harris over Trump (almost anyone over Trump) but Harris as president sickens me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    last year
Now if Dan Goldman wants to run in 2024 that would be a different story for me. 

Or Tim Walz.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.16  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.14    last year
 The idea of a president Harris bothers me greatly.

Doesnt bother me at all. What is she going to do, blow up the world? 

Kamala Harris was the attorney general of the largest state in the Union, with a population larger than the majority of the world's countries. She was elected U.S. senator from the same state. She's no more unqualified than many vice presidents have been in the past. That is right wing propaganda. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.16    last year
She's no more unqualified than many vice presidents have been in the past. That is right wing propaganda. 

I do not listen to right wing propaganda.   I go by what I have observed.   She is, IMO, incompetent for the office of PotUS.   In addition, she is not serious and is far too liberal for me.

So her as the V.P. for an 82-86 year old PotUS is not comforting to me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.17    last year
 She is, IMO, incompetent for the office of PotUS. 

Based on what ? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    last year

My observations.   She does not show talent for diplomacy, charisma, leadership and, importantly, getting things done.   

Just contrast her with the example I gave:  Tim Walz.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.16    last year

Kamala Harris is an idiot and that 6ou can't see it is perplexing to say the least.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.20    last year

I dont have any trouble identifying idiots. [Deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.20    last year

She is not an idiot.   Stop with the ridiculous hyperbole and make a comment grounded in reality.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.21    last year

go right ahead but that has nothing to do with Kamala being one but nice deflection

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.24  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.23    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.24    last year

While the smart people know and acknowledge she is one.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.26  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    last year
There is no evidence Biden is incompetent.

His policies suck.  So either he is incompetent or just a terrible president.  My vote is for both.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.22    last year

I think she is.

Probably because I watch the news and stuff.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.29  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.22    last year
She is not an idiot.   Stop with the ridiculous hyperbole and make a comment grounded in reality.  

Which word salad would you like served to you.  There are literally dozens to choose from.   

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.30  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.29    last year

“Which word salad would you like served to you.”

Which stale crouton would you like to add?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.31  Right Down the Center  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1.30    last year

Which stale crouton would you like to add?

Thanks to bidenomics I can't afford croutons, not even stale ones.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.32  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.29    last year

Her word salads illustrate, to me, that she lacks the skills to be a competent leader.   Not that she is literally stupid (aka an idiot).

She is not stupid.   Surely you know that intelligent people can be poor leaders, lack the drive/ability to secure solid accomplishments, etc.   You and Texan are (big surprise) leaping to extremes.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.27    last year
Probably because I watch the news and stuff.

Yeah, probably so ... nothing like watching modern 'news and stuff' to get fed with partisan nonsense.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.34  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.31    last year

Really?   The current economy has hit you that hard?   Your financial planning is so abysmal that you cannot afford basic items when:

gdp2q23_adv-chart-01.png

pi0623_0.png

stgdppi1q23.png

united-states-core-inflation-rate.png?s=usacorecpirate&v=202308101232V20230410

This is not a bad economy.   

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.35  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.29    last year
Which word salad would you like served to you.

That's a tough decision.  There are so many.  Maybe a motiviational poster will help.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.33    last year

Partisan nonsense?

not hardly.

just accurate depictions of her word salads.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.36    last year
Partisan nonsense?

Obviously.   Harris is an unappealing candidate for PotUS but she is clearly NOT an idiot.

But you would know that from watching your "news and stuff" (@4.1.27).   

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.38  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.34    last year

This is not a bad economy

Now if you can only convince the American public joe would be a shoe in. I also noticed you didn't have the graph that is the most important to Americans. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.37    last year

I told you it is my opinion.

kind of idiotic to try and argue what I believe to be true.

maybe you could watch the news and stuff too.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.40  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.36    last year

She can't communicate simple ideas. She can't differentiate fact from fiction when she says stuff like there are polls that think she is well liked and doing a good job. She breaks out in laughter for no reason. If it walks and talks like an idiot......Of course partisans will make excuses for her.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.41  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.35    last year

Yea, she is not an idiot.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.42  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.39    last year

But did you get your opinion approved?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.43  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.39    last year

What else would it be other than your opinion?

kind of idiotic to try and argue what I believe to be true.

This is amazing.   The whole concept of discussion / debate is about arguing what another believes is true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.43    last year

please go troll someone else 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.45  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.40    last year
Of course partisans will make excuses for her.

A perfect example of your intellectual dishonesty.   I have been critical of Harris (right here in this article).   But because I object to the hyperbole of deeming her an idiot (when she clearly is not) you pretend (your implication is obvious) that I am engaging in a partisan defense of her.   (By the way, I am not and have never been a D.   You have no clue what you are talking about.)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.46  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.38    last year

I include a set of graphs and links supporting my position and you complain (vaguely) that this is not enough.   What a surprise.

Looks like you forget to include your argument.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.47  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.40    last year
She can't communicate simple ideas.

Hell I have seen her communicate complicated ideas such as AI.    She did a decent job of providing a high-level view of the subject matter.     Yet a few Rs here deemed her discussion a word salad (probably because they do not understand the subject matter even at her level).

Harris does ramble on, no doubt, but just because one does not understand certain words and/or concepts does not mean the speaker is necessarily engaging in a word salad.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.47    last year

AI

well its kind of a fancy term....brilliant!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.49  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.48    last year
well its kind of a fancy term

What point are you trying to make here?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.50  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.47    last year

I really dont know whether Kamala Harris would make a good president or not. Is the "qualified" by historic standards ? Yes. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.51  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.48    last year

Her talk went downhill from there.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.49    last year

well watch her video "explaining" AI and maybe you will see.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.53  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.46    last year

Nice graphs and links. But my original comment had to do with not being able to afford croutons. It should not be too much to understand I was talking about inflation yet your comment and graphs were not about that making your comment nothing more than a diversion and trolling. Please go troll someone else.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.54  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.52    last year

I just referred you to that very video.   You did not understand that?   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.55  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.50    last year

Yes, she is qualified to be PotUS.   That is not in question.   And I am not claiming she would be the worst PotUS by historical standards.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.56  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.54    last year

[Deleted]

Say, you DID watch it, right ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.57  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.50    last year
really dont know whether Kamala Harris would make a good president or not. 

Are you freaking serious??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.58  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.53    last year
But my original comment had to do with not being able to afford croutons.

Yes it did.   You claimed that you could not afford even stale croutons due to the state of the economy.    I addressed that factually.

Your replies have been superficial nonsense and you have the temerity to label my comments 'trolling'.

... I was talking about inflation ...

And I included a chart on the inflation rate.   Hello?

Inflation cannot be taken in isolation either.   As prices rise you need to consider the means by which people make money too (wages and investments).   By any measure, out current economy is NOT a 'bad economy' and you should not be in the financial dire straits you indicate.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.59  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.56    last year

AI is a subject matter of which I am well informed (even at the software level ... developing AI).   As I stated, I listened to her video when you and other GOP partisans were deeming it a word salad.   I expected to hear a word salad (especially given the topic) but to my surprise she actually delivered an accurate overview of the subject matter.   I am sure she was repeating what she was told in a briefing, but her overview was reasonable and was absolutely not a word salad.

You did not understand what she said so you deemed it a word salad.   The problem lies with you in this case, not her.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.60  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.58    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.61  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.59    last year

ok here we go again.

the usual antics, telling me what I do or don't understand.

have a nice debate with yourself, you damn sure don't need my participation.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.62  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.50    last year

Many Americans disagree, her current approval rating is 39.8% and disapproval is 52.1%.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.63  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.61    last year

The AI description by Harris was not a word salad; it was an okay overview that was technically accurate.   You did not understand her words because you do not understand the subject matter.   In this case, the failure is yours.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.64  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.62    last year

well that proves that around 60% aren't liberal lemmings.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.65  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.63    last year

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.66  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.62    last year

The question is what are the 39.3 percent thinking. Or drinking. Or smoking. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.67  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.65    last year

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.68  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.67    last year

[Deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.69  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.68    last year

My wife of over 38 years doesn't presume to know me that well. Well, usually not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.70  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.69    last year

Your wife sounds like a sane, intelligent woman.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.71  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.63    last year

“I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is kind of a fancy thing.  “First of all, it’s two letters. It means artificial intelligence”

She got that last part right.  I’m not sure if fancy is better than exquisite, though.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.72  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.71    last year

What is your point?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.73  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.72    last year

That she was right, AI is two letters that stand for Artificial Intelligence.  Not sure about the fancy part thing.  Do you think it’s a fancy thing?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.74  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.73    last year

She said quite a bit more than that in her overview.   

fancy ≡ "elaborate in structure or decoration."

I think it is fair to say that modern AI is elaborate in structure.   The number of AI methods available today is substantial and they enable the development of many varied models for all sorts of applications.   The underlying technologies are elegant but not simple.    In terms of decoration, if we view elements such as oral and written natural language interfaces as decoration (we typically call these presentation) then yes these are elaborate too.

'Fancy' works.  Not a word I would use, but it is accurate.

What is your complaint?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.75  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.56    last year
I feel bad for you if you felt that was intelligence on display.

My argument is that her presentation was NOT a word salad in that it was technically accurate albeit at a very high level.

I also stated that I presume she was simply repeating what she was told in a briefing.

You either are not paying attention to what I write or are moving the goal post (what a surprise).

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.76  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.74    last year

I didn’t loge a complaint but I can.

but ultimately what it is is it's about machine learning.

Some what a distinction withoutdifference.

"And so the machine is taught and part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine that will then determine, and we can predict then if we think about what information is going in, what then will be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process."

I guess that she is repeating the old adage: Garbage in, Garbage Out.

I think that the day before the informative AI roundtable, she attended a transport meeting: "This issue of transportation is fundamentally about just making sure that people have the ability to get where they need to go!"

Again, she nailed it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.77  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.76    last year
Some what a distinction withoutdifference.

No.   Contemporary AI is centered around machine learning.   But there is much more to AI (e.g. natural language, robotics, vision, cognition, etc.) than simply machine learning;  practical machine learning is a relatively new (< 20 years) discovery in a field that dates back to the 1950s.  Given the predominance of machine learning today, her simple summary is accurate.

I guess that she is repeating the old adage: Garbage in, Garbage Out.

Correct.   If you pick a training corpus that encapsulates a bunch of misinformation, the AI will be trained to be wrong.

I think that the day before the informative AI roundtable, she attended a transport meeting: "This issue of transportation is fundamentally about just making sure that people have the ability to get where they need to go!"

That is not an accurate comparison.   You offered:  the issue of {x} is simply {definition of x}.   Stating that (modern) AI is ultimately about machine learning is identifying a subset of the field of AI as the dominant subset today.   Very different.

You seem to be trying to find a word salad.   Thus far, I hope you realize why you are failing to do so.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.78  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.77    last year
 But there is much more to AI (e.g. natural language, robotics, vision, cognition, etc.) than simply machine learning; 

Well then she widely missed the mark.

You seem to be trying to find a word salad. 

No, I’m trying to find her point, what message did she want to convey.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.79  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.78    last year
Well then she widely missed the mark.

No, did you not read what I wrote?   Contemporary AI is predominantly machine learning (not exclusively machine learning).

No, I’m trying to find her point, what message did she want to convey.

That contemporary AI is predominantly machine learning and that machine learning is only as good (in the sense of quality and responsible functionality) as the models and training.   Thus it is important that we have sensible safeguards on the use of AI (and, implicitly, similar technologies).

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.80  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.79    last year
Contemporary AI is predominantly machine learning.

So contemporary the distinction is without much difference.

Thus it is important that we have sensible safeguards on the use of AI (and, implicitly, similar technologies).

of course, no one wants nonsensical safeguards.  I didn’t see where she alluded to the Orr the process to develop them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.81  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.80    last year
So contemporary the distinction is without much difference.

You seem determined to find a way to interpret her comments so that they make no sense.   I am done giving you the benefit of the doubt.

of course, no one wants nonsensical safeguards

Yeah, you are just trolling.    

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.82  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.81    last year

You’re probably right, she had a succinct, yet comprehensive message clearly delivered.  I’m sure that she went a long way on assuaging those community leaders who have AI concerns that the WH has it under control and on the right path.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.83  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.82    last year

I made no claim that her presentation accomplished anything.   I claimed that her overview was technically accurate and was not a 'word salad'.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.84  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.83    last year

Maybe she was just killing time.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.85  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.84    last year
Maybe she was just killing time.

If only that was the total job description for a VP, she would be doing great.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.88  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.86    last year

An ironically witless retort.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.89  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.87    last year

Don't put words in my mouth.   I made no claim either way about what her presentation accomplished.   I have not researched this so I do not know.

Back up your position.   It gets old watching you post witless, vacuous one-liners and contribute absolutely nothing to this forum in terms of underlying evidence and logic.   Especially when you direct your pointless utterings to me.

So what, specifically, do you know about the effect her presentation had on her audience and why you 'know' it accomplished nothing?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.90  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.34    last year
"This is not a bad economy."   

Tell that to the millions of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.91  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.90    last year

That is an emotional comment devoid of facts.    Show me facts that indicate we have a bad economy.    I delivered economic facts and based on how we measure economies, we are currently NOT in a bad economy.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.92  Right Down the Center  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.90    last year
Tell that to the millions of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet.

That is exactly what the administration and people buying their bullshit are trying to do. Convince people that they are just not smart enough to understand why things are wonderful in Bidenville.  They are hoping people are dumber than is seems they actually are since the message seems to be rejected by the majority of people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.93  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.14    last year

This is what I don't get - what bothers you so greatly about the possibility that Kamala Harris would have to step in as President?   What bothers anyone so much about that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.94  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.16    last year

This is what I don't get either - I don't know enough about her to comment negatively or positively but I absolutely don't get the beef against Kamala Harris possibly having to assume the role of President.  I DO NOT GET THAT AT ALL.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.95  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.93    last year

Harris, the former Attorney General of the State of California, former United States Senator from California and currently The Vice President the United States of America, is credited by Biden with giving him his winning edge among women and minorities. One must be about "Half-a-MAGA" to still underestimate Harris!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.96  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.1.95    last year

is credited by Biden with giving him his winning edge among women and minorities. One must be about "Half-a-MAGA" to still underestimate Harris!

I wonder why Biden thinks that Trump would have gotten a lot more women and minorities if Harris didn't run with him? What kind of deplorable woman or minority switched their vote because of Harris?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.97  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.92    last year

As usual you take a comment and exaggerate it into a falsehood.

My comment was that the economy is not bad in terms of how we measure economies.   I made no indication that "everything is wonderful".   You continue to invent strawmen in lieu of an actual argument.    The practice is intellectually dishonest and rather pathetic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.98  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.93    last year

Do you see any difference in composure, competence, experience between governor Tim Walz and V.P. Harris?

If not, then there is no way for me to explain my position to you.   If so, then you have the essence of my concern.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.99  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @4.1.95    last year
One must be about "Half-a-MAGA" to still underestimate Harris!

Don't insult me JBB.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.100  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.98    last year

As I said above I have no comment positive or negative about VP Harris as I know nothing about any of the points you have raised and have no knowledge whatsoever about gov. Walz.  All I can say is that I will check him out.

You don't need to explain your position to me though I appreciate that you take the time to do so.  I'm just curious when I ask why you feel so strongly against her.

I have to admit I still honestly don't get why those things make such a big difference, but that's your feelings and I am not faulting you for them.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.101  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.97    last year
If you say so /s

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.102  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.100    last year

Tim Walz is my exemplar D candidate for PotUS.

Chris Sununu is my exemplar R candidate for PotUS.

Both are experienced political executives, have mature presence and perspectives, are in the 45-65 year range, take practical positions, are practiced leaders, are cogent communicators and strike me as statesmen who seriously want to do what is best for the nation.

That is what I am looking for.   The further one fails in those dimensions the less likely I will be pleased to see them as PotUS.

Also, it is simply coincidence that both are male.   A younger Condoleeza Rice is also one I would put as an R exemplar.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.103  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.101    last year

Yeah, I say so.   All one need do is read what I wrote and compare it to the bullshit you wrote in response to see that I am correct.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.104  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.103    last year

Uh huh, sure.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.105  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.99    last year

As you know, a devoted partisan is blind to any alternative information.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.106  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.105    last year

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.107  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.106    last year

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.110  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.109    last year

Of course you run away when asked a direct question.

You have no argument; nothing but mindless talking points and easy-to-parrot one-liners.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.114  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.112    last year

Likewise???

implied-facepalm.jpg

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.116  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.41    last year

Opinions will vary.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.117  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.112    last year

see comment 4.1.109

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.118  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.115    last year

That makes no sense - tig doesn't make ironically witless, one line comments, everyone knows what you meant.

It makes no sense.

I guess that's an ironically senseless comment then.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    last year

Based on the panicked comments and deflections here, Manchin is a true threat to the liberal agenda.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    last year

Painfully obvious isn't it?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    last year

Very painful.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    last year

I think that is a fair assessment.   Manchin is clearly not a liberal.   

Why is it remarkable to you that liberals would not find him as a desirable nominee?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @5.2    last year

Exactly, neither today’s liberals or “conservatives” want a moderate.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2    last year

Look at who liberals supported in the 2020 election.  A pair of blundering idiots.  It's almost like liberals ordered the POTUS and VP from Wish.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.2    last year

Biden and Harris are far from a dream team, no doubt.   But you have no room to talk since you would have Trump as PotUS.    You would put into office a traitor who is willing to compromise anyone and anything (including our nation) to get what he wants.  Trump has the distinction of being the only PotUS (hell, only candidate) in US history who has conspired to steal a US election.   He has no integrity and is basically a con-man.   Anyone who can think clearly would not want a malignant narcissist, pathological liar con-man sitting in the most powerful office on the planet.   That is irresponsible, irrational and unpatriotic.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.3    last year
Biden and Harris are far from a dream team, no doubt.

That's the understatement of the day.

Trump has the distinction of being the only PotUS (hell, only candidate) in US history who has conspired to steal a US election.

Only if you ignore the Democrats Big Lie from 2016.  But, hey, I know you have to keep in good standings with the hive.  You have fun with that now.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.4    last year

Nowhere in history has a PotUS conspired to produce fake electors, table certified state votes, coerce officials and legislators to submit false documentation, etc. in order to steal a US presidential election.

You are confused.

And you have no room to talk given you would vote to put someone who tried to steal a US election into the presidency.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.5    last year

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     last year

Manchin will either switch parties (as he has indicated) to an independent or run for President. If he remains a dem in WV he will lose. He is simply protecting his ass.

He is 75 years old, just what is needed more oldies in the race.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  Kavika @6    last year

Looks like he has no path to the presidency as a D or via 3rd party.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @6.1    last year

I think that he will run in WV as an Independent for the senate.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2  TᵢG  replied to  Kavika @6    last year

Oh shit, I did not realize he is that old.   Where are the 45-65 year olds?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @6.2    last year

The boomers of both stripes are ready to let go.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @6.2    last year

Yup, he is that old and needs to stay in office to pay for the 3/4 million dollar yacht of his. 

The field get thinner every election cycle, TG.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @6.2.2    last year
to pay for the 3/4 million dollar yacht of his. 

Is that high for Senator housing in DC.  I read that he got it for $250,000.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @6.2    last year

So he is very close to President Biden in age.  Does that make him less desirable?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.5  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.4    last year

Ageism is another prejudice to be overcome. Oddly, the old folks round here who think they know everything and express their opinions on all things are the first to denigrate Biden for his age!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.2.5    last year

Exactly, ageism is the only explanation for people that think that maybe these folks are to old to continue serving:

• Sen Shelby
  • Sen Feinstein
  • Sen Grassley
  • Sen McConnell
  • Sen Byrd (now dead)
  • Sen Thurmond (now dead)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.4    last year

Yes!!!

I think a PotUS should be (roughly) 45-65 years old.   That range enables wisdom but leaves the person still in their prime.

The job of PotUS is stressful and demanding and not suitable for people well past the normal age of retirement.   Certainly not those in their late 70s and beyond.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @6.2.5    last year

Biden is too old, by far, to be PotUS.    

Are you applying your comment to me?