╌>

Biden recalls kitchen fire in attempt to console Maui wildfire survivors

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  162 comments

By:   Steven Nelson (New York Post)

Biden recalls kitchen fire in attempt to console Maui wildfire survivors
Biden tried to commiserate with Maui wildfire survivors with a story from years ago, when firefighters "ran into flames" at his home to rescue Jill Biden — a story that for years has drawn unflattering fact-checks.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Biden told a room full of Maui wildfire survivors that he could commiserate with their plight because years ago firefighters "ran into flames" at his own home to rescue first lady Jill Biden — retelling a story that for years has drawn unflattering fact-checks.

The 80-year-old president was attempting to make common ground with his audience by invoking a small kitchen fire in 2004 at his Wilmington, Del., home that the local fire department said "could be considered an insignificant fire" because it was quickly doused.

"I don't want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense — Jill and I — what it's like to lose a home," Biden told the Lahaina residents, whose historic town was destroyed on Aug. 8 in wildfires that killed at least 114 people.

"Years ago now — 15 years ago — I was in Washington doing 'Meet the Press.' It was a sunny Sunday and lightning struck at home on a little lake that is outside of our home — not on a lake, a big pond," Biden said.

"And it hit a wire and came up underneath our home into the heating ducts, air conditioning ducts. And to make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette and my cat."

NYPICHPDPICT000025165988.jpg?w=1024

President Joe Biden speaks Monday as he meets with community members impacted by the Maui wildfires at Lahaina Civic Center.AP

Biden added that firefighters who responded "ran into flames to save my wife and save my family. Not a joke."

The president was greeted earlier in the day by several dozen protesters who chanted "Go home Joe" and held signs saying "No Comment" in reference to Biden's repeated refusal to comment on the disaster when asked last week about the mounting death toll.

At the time of Biden's small home fire, local fire chief George Lamborn told the Associated Press, "Luckily, we got it pretty early. The fire was under control in 20 minutes."

NYPICHPDPICT000025163584.jpg?w=1024

Residents stand with signs while waiting for the arrival of President Biden outside the Lahaina Civic Center in Lahaina, Hawaii on Monday. AP Several dozen protesters chanted "Go home Joe" and held signs saying "No Comment." James Keivom

The AP reported that it was a "small fire that was contained to the kitchen" and that Jill Biden reported it to the emergency services.

The news wire did not report that she was trapped inside the home and said no one was injured.

The president had told variations of the story over time.

NYPICHPDPICT000025163072-1.jpg?w=1024

NYPICHPDPICT000025166538.jpg?w=1024

A young girl gives a shaka sign as she poses with President Joe Biden. REUTERS

At a fire prevention summit in October he claimed, "We almost lost a couple firefighters" during the blaze.

At an infrastructure-focused event in 2021, he said he "had a house burn down with my wife in it."

In a delicately worded statement last year, Delaware's Cranston Heights Fire Company said: "For the fire service, this could be considered an insignificant fire as it did not lead to multiple alarms and did not need a widespread incident response throughout the county. However, in the case for any homeowner, it was obviously significant at the time and was quickly responded to by the local firefighters."

NYPICHPDPICT000025166715.jpg?w=1024

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden walk with Hawaii Governor Josh Green and his wife Jaime Green on Monday as they tour the fire-ravaged town of Lahaina on the island of Maui in Hawaii .REUTERS President Biden and first lady Jill Biden walk by torched cars and destroyed home in Lahaina. REUTERS

Biden has a habit of telling factually questionable stories when attempting to relate to his audiences.

Biden said in Puerto Rico last year that "I was sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home, politically," even though only 2,000 Puerto Ricans lived in Delaware when he was launching his career and his books contain no information about interacting with the small community.

Also last year, Biden told students at historically black colleges in Atlanta that he was arrested multiple times while protesting in favor of civil rights — another claim for which there is no evidence.

NYPICHPDPICT000025165824.jpg?w=1024

President Joe Biden reacts during a community event at the Lahaina Civic Center on Monday. REUTERS

Biden in 2021 told Jewish leaders that he remembered "spending time at" and "going to" Pittsburgh's Tree of Life synagogue in 2018 after the worst anti-Semitic attack in US history, in which 11 people were murdered.

The synagogue said he never visited and the White House later said he was thinking about a 2019 phone call to the synagogue's rabbi.

Later that month, Biden told an Idaho audience that his "first job offer" came from local lumber and wood products business Boise Cascade. The company said it was news to them.

Biden said at the Naval Academy's graduation ceremony last May — and again at the Air Force Academy this June — that he was appointed to the prestigious Annapolis military college by the late Sen. J. Caleb Boggs (R-Del.). A search of Boggs' archives failed to turn up evidence of the appointment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

It took a while before Biden decided to visit Maui.

It was only after he received a lot of bad publicity that he decided to make the trip.

During the 2020 election part of the fable the media sold us was that he was basically a good guy.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
It took a while before Biden decided to visit Maui.

It was only after he received a lot of bad publicity that he decided to make the trip.

We hear this nonsense about every president in every tragedy. It’s bull. There is nothing magical that any president can accomplish by being at the scene of a devastating tragedy when they’re still putting out fires, searching for bodies, or whatever.

This was true for President Bush after Hurricane Katrina. It was true for President Obama after the BP oil spill. And it’s true for President Biden after the Maui fires.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    last year
There is nothing magical that any president can accomplish by being at the scene of a devastating tragedy when they’re still putting out fires, searching for bodies, or whatever.

In fact a visit from POTUS would actually be detrimental since it would take away resources that would have been used in search and rescue.  A visiting dignitary is expensive for a town to host, and a town in the middle of a crisis has other things to worry about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    last year
It’s bull.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.1    last year
In fact a visit from POTUS would actually be detrimental

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    last year

This kind of chickenshit criticism is not going to help the GOP win.  

The GOP needs a candidate who can win the general election.

Emotional nonsense will fail;  the GOP needs a viable strategy and then needs to execute same.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    last year

You are leaving out East Palestine.

After saying he would go to East Palestine and meet with the people- he will get around to it someday. Really, it is on his agenda. He just needs to find the time in between his vacations and naps on the beach. 

President Joe Biden said Thursday he will visit East Palestine, Ohio, "at some point" as the area recovers from a train derailment that released toxic chemicals.

Biden was asked about if he had plans to visit as he was exiting a lunch with Senate Democrats flanked by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

"I've spoken with every official in Ohio, Democrat and Republican, on a continuing basis, as in Pennsylvania," Biden told reporters. "I laid out a little bit in there what I think the answers are … and we will be implementing an awful lot to the legislation here."

"I will be out there at some point," he said, although he didn't elaborate on when.

Guess they should be thankful he didn't go. He could have regaled them about the time his mechanic spill oil, grease, and coolant in his garage when working on his vintage Corvette.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.4    last year

This is the kind of chickenshit leftists ignore in their candidates and then scream to the sky when a Republican holds office. 

Democrats should be held to the same standards as Republicans.

Brandon botched the trip and his response. That is very much an issue. It is part of being President. It applies to Democrats as well as Republicans.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.6    last year

Another Pee Wee Herman style comment.   Just reply using my criticism in the opposite direction.   Witless.

Democrats should be held to the same standards as Republicans.

Yes.   And if someone criticized Bush 41, for example, of looking like he might have nodded off for a few seconds I would expect rational minds to point out the chickenshit.

Brandon botched the trip and his response.

You are on a different comment.   Yes, Biden should have learned by now that his anecdotal stories carry more downside than upside.  

But your use of 'Brandon' illustrates that your comment is driven by emotion and is easily disregarded as such.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    last year

So, your fuzzy video does a poor job of showing that, in fact, his eyes were open the whole time. He just looked down for like 10 seconds. Here is better quality video: 

But what does any of that have to do with out discussion when he should have arrived? Seems like it has nothing to do with it at all.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

Yeah right..................

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    last year
Biden has a habit of telling factually questionable stories when attempting to relate to his audiences.

Factually questionable? They are outright lies. When will the media stop covering for Brandon?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @3    last year

He tells ridiculous lies and it's ok with the leftist media.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year

that's hilarious. try reading your comments back to yourself before posting them...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    last year

It took you all that time to come up with that?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    last year

I just got here and it's the first blatant example of right wing hypocrisy I saw today ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @3.1.3    last year

You just got here?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.3    last year

way to cover for Biden lies.

you must be a proud Biden sycophant.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @3.1.3    last year
blatant example of right wing hypocrisy

So, truth.  Be we get it, you have to cover for the incompetence at all costs right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    last year

It’s both  pathetic and anti social behavior. 

People have had their lives destroyed and he gets in front of them and lies so he can claim To have suffered just like them.  The really sad part is that people were predicting last week he’d do just this.  His dishonesty is so predictable at this point.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    last year

Biden likes to exaggerate, especially about his own personal stories. Is it the most appealing character trait? , no but it is drop in a bucket compared to the failings of his Republican opponent. We can live through another 4 years of Biden tall tales. Electing Trump again would destroy the moral fabric of this country for decades. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    last year

I see. Biden "exaggerates."  It is his opponents who lie.

Got it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    last year

Your hero Donald Trump is the biggest liar in the history of the United States of America. Learn something about proportion for christs sake. 

We all know what the right wing game is - try to drag Biden down to Trumps level. I dont think life on earth will exist long enough to accomplish that. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    last year

That is a media trope that is proven untrue every day. The latest being Jake Tapper's admission.

Jake Tapper admits ‘Trump was right,’ ‘Biden was wrong’ about Hunter Biden in 2020 presidential debate (msn.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    last year

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    last year

Any useful idiot that supports this awful and despicable excuse for a president....and a human being, should be ashamed.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    last year
Your hero Donald Trump

Can't help but mention him can you.  Try to keep on topic for once.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    last year

Unluckily for you, Trump isn't responsible for the lies coming from Joe.

But I do sometimes wonder why you so readily attack Trump whenever anyone says something critical, whether true or not, about your hero.

Just kidding. 

I know why.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

Today Joe Biden returns to his routine:

F4I8bcmaoAAURdU?format=jpg&name=small

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    last year

Imagine if bush had done this  during Katrina…

Went on vacation and brushed off reporters with a “no comment” when asked about the rising death toll. Showed up a week a later told a story about how he was in same boat because his house flooded and his family almost died (reality was a little water came in the basement and some carpet had to be pulled up) and then immediately after telling his lies goes on  another vacation.  

The medias reaction would have been apocalyptic.

Nothing is easier than being a democratic president with the media working to cover for you 24/7. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1    last year
Nothing is easier than being a democratic president with the media working to covert for you 24/7. 

I know it's an understatement, but It does seem to make a difference.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    last year

Yet another ludicrous assertion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.vanityfair.com   /news/2019/02/the-worst-kept-secret-of-trumps-presidency

Leaked Documents Confirm the Worst-Kept Secret of Trump’s Presidency

Tina Nguyen 4-5 minutes   2/4/2019

One of the most closely guarded and worst-kept secrets of  Donald Trump’s  presidency is his extraordinary laziness. Despite efforts to project a manly ardor, the current leader of the free world spends most of his free time tweeting, calling friends, and watching Fox News. Of his  745 days in office , Trump has spent 222 days unwinding at Trump-branded properties and 168 days golfing.

According to the testimony of numerous West Wing staffers, he struggles to focus in meetings, largely ignores intelligence briefings, and tunes out policy minutiae. Once,   according   to former White House aide   Cliff Sims,   Trump literally got up and wandered away while   Paul Ryan   was in the Oval Office attempting to explain the Republican health-care bill. While Ryan was still talking, Trump walked down the hall to his private dining room and turned on the TV.

We’ve known since January 2018 that White House staffers have an official designation for these unstructured periods on Trump’s private schedule: “ Executive Time .” What we didn’t know is exactly how much of the president’s average day is spent un-presidenting.

In fact, “Executive Time” is far more than just a respite from the duties of the office. In perhaps the most remarkable White House leak this year, Axios on Sunday published about   three months’ worth   of Trump’s private daily schedules, dating back to the day after the midterm elections. They reveal that Trump has spent around 297 hours—or roughly 60 percent of his waking hours since the midterms—in “Executive Time.” For comparison, he’s only spent about 77 hours in meetings—less time than his travel (51 hours) and eating lunch (39 hours) combined.

Leaks are endemic to the Trump administration, but this one has especially rattled an already paranoid White House. “If most [leaks] are involuntary manslaughter,” Sims   told   Axios, “this was premeditated murder.” Morale inside the West Wing has reportedly taken a substantial hit. “What a disgraceful breach of trust to leak schedules,”   tweeted   Madeleine Westerhout,   the White House’s director of Oval Office operations. “What these don’t show are the hundreds of calls and meetings @realDonaldTrump takes everyday.”

If Trump really is taking “hundreds” of undocumented calls and meetings every day, that’s another problem entirely, at least for those who care about transparency. But it’s hard to believe Westerhout’s denial, especially when the evidence of how Trump spends his time is so obvious online. From shortly after he wakes up until mid-morning, the president’s Twitter feed is often just responses to what he is watching on Fox News. Often, there is a consistent delay between what had just aired on   Fox & Friends   and a Trump tweet, suggesting that the president watches his programs on a DVR. In the evening, he returns to live-tweeting his favorite Fox hosts, or raging against an unflattering story on CNN.

In stark contrast, Trump’s   predecessors’ schedules   were fully booked.   Bill Clinton   was known to work   constantly and at all hours , sometimes calling aides in the middle of the night.   George W. Bush   began his day at 5:15 A.M., and   Barack Obama   would stay up until 2 A.M. reading. Trump seems to believe that nobody has ever worked harder—“[Obama] just sat in here and watched basketball all day,” Sims recalls Trump saying in the Oval Office—but his protestations appear to be little more than projection.

It’s unclear whether Trump’s leaked post-midterm schedules reflect an increase or decrease in “Executive Time” over the past year, but it’s clearly information the White House didn’t want made public. The image of the 72-year-old president doddering around the White House with nothing to do for 60 percent of the time is hardly the image his campaign wants seen by the public before the next election. But this particular leak is unnerving for other reasons, too. It suggests, once again, that Trump’s inner circle is not loyal to him. It also would seem to confirm many of the other unflattering portraits of the president as incurious, disorganized, and distractible. ”Trump does review briefing materials, at least if you make it a point to have him do so,” one former senior White House official   told Axios . “But only if you talk and guide him through it as he’s reading.”

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    last year

Really?

"A s of August 7, 2023, President Joe Biden just took his 367th day of vacation in just 2.5 years, which sets a   record   compared to any other president in recent history.

Biden has been on   vacation   for roughly 40% of his time in office. He is outpacing every single one of his modern predecessors.

Critics have   pointed out   that Biden has been on vacation for an entire year, even though his vacation days are not consecutive."

George
Junior Expert
6.2.2  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    last year

Remember when they said that the 1000 days Obama spent golfing were meaningless and he was always available and President,  They aren't even trying to hide their hypocrisy anymore.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    last year

are you disputing that trump was extraordinarily lazy as president ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    last year

Not really. But again, you have to remember where (business acumen) the man came from. He has people for that. Teaching an old dog new tricks isn't as easy as it sounds.

Are you saying that Biden is any different? I guess we will have to wait until he is out of office for the nap time hit pieces to hit the airwaves. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.5  JBB  replied to  George @6.2.2    last year

[ deleted ] Obama went golfing 105 times over the eight years he was President. Meanwhile Trump played 142 rounds of golf in merely four years, while inexplicably spending over 200 days on golf courses!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  JBB @6.2.5    last year
Meanwhile Trump played 142 rounds of golf in merely four years

Actually, it was 298...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    last year

Trump again?   This is about the piece of shit who is killing this country.

Give it up John.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    last year

my God how dare you introduce accurate facts!

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.9  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.7    last year
This is about the piece of shit who is killing this country.

trump...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.10  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    last year

Not lazier than Brandon by the evidence.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    last year

I think what he is showing you is that, despite [deleted] Biden is actually far worse than Trump in, well, EVERYTHING.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.11    last year

Your comments are bizarre , demented , uninformed , ludicrous , and laughable. Other than that the comments are on the right track. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.12    last year

And, as usual, you can't dispute a fucking thing I said so you go with the personal attack.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.12    last year

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

That's why certain members are on ignore, a complete waste of time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    last year

Always defending the indefensible, it's so fucking tiresome.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.4    last year

Deflection

The former 'president' didn't do dick during his time as 'president' - he wasn't interested in actually doing the job at hand.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.2.9    last year

That huge steaming pile has been shitting all over this country for how many years now?

I wish he was gone and I don't care how.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.15    last year

What's tiresome is your parroting your own comments all the time like defending the indefensible and the classic PD&D with a side of Delusional

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.16    last year

You must have slept through 2017-2020. Sad. There was a lot happening for the US good.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.19    last year

Not because of the former 'president'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    last year

Barring some sort of miracle, Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. Is our country really going to possibly put this piece of human trash back in charge of our nation?  It would be a shame and a danger the country would never live down. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7    last year

Hope you have something better.........you must have missed this yesterday.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    last year

Biden could misspeak ten times a day for the rest of his life and he would still be 100 times more fit for office than trump.  

Do you not realize that Trump is a traitor or do you just not care? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    last year
Do you not realize that Trump is a traitor or do you just not care? 

I realize a lot of people have the same definition as you do. Opinions do vary.............for the 10,000 time. You are not, obviously, the nation as a whole...........and thank God for that in most cases................

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    last year
Is our country really going to possibly put this piece of human trash back in charge of our nation? 

Trump did absolutely nothing to stop the capitol riot. Nothing. Even though his daughter and a number of his aides asked or begged him to. 

Why would that be? The answer is simple - HE WANTED THE RIOT TO SUCCEED IN STOPPING THE ELECTORAL COUNT !

And you think this person should be allowed back in office? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    last year
Opinions do vary.............for the 10,000 time. You are not, obviously, the nation as a whole...........and thank God for that in most cases................

Keep going with this nonsense and people will be calling you a traitor. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.4    last year

Just amazing that people are still defending Trump.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    last year

Who is defending? Just trying to help my fellow citizens remain heart attack and stroke free over something they have absolutely no control over. It is a total fucking waste of time. You guys can spend your hours, days, weeks, months, but I have better things to do that DON'T fuck up my health.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.6    last year

Do you acknowledge that Trump violated the CotUS —which, as PotUS, he swore to preserve, protect, and defend— when he corruptly attempted to steal the 2020 election through coercion, suborning his V.P., conspiring to use fake electors, inciting his supporters with claims that the US electoral system was rigged, that their votes were disenfranchised and that Biden would be an illegitimate PotUS?:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.7    last year

Yep sure do. i have no interest in 2 1/2 year old shit that will not change due to my opinion. You, and a couple others, should try it sometime. And inciting is a pretty damned far stretch. Let's see what the courts say shall we?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.8    last year
Yep sure do.

Then you know that Trump is a traitor by definition.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.9    last year
Then you know that Trump is a traitor by definition.

It seems that they dont. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.11    last year

My hypothesis is that Rs realize that the GOP is going to nominate Trump and that they are stuck voting for him and defending the GOP and their vote (since most of them will vote for Trump if he is the nominee).   How does one react to such an ugly scenario?   Emotional, irrational posts do not surprise me.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.11    last year

It seems you don't understand that him being a traitor or not is no skin off my ass. Get it? I am not dwelling on something I have no fucking control over. Again, you should try it. If you think he is going to win the election that much, then I fear you may be mistaken and your continued "but Trump" bullshit says more about you than anyone else. Get it yet? I don't fucking care what he did. I am not supporting him as a candidate NOR PotUS. If he wins, which he won't, then he will be every  citizen's president and no amount of arrogance and impotence by you, me or Mr. TiG is going to change that. PERIOD. We are done here.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.13    last year
It seems you don't understand that him being a traitor or not is no skin off my ass.

I doubt any of us care about the skin on or off your ass.

And you have provided, yet again, a rambling non-answer to a very simple, direct question.

fucking ... fucking ... PERIOD. We are done here.

Get a grip.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.13    last year

OK lets get to the bottom line. You are going to vote for or support Trump for president in 2024 and then you will be a  traitor too. 

At some point we have to put an end to this insanity and you are unwilling to do it. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.15    last year
I am not supporting him as a candidate NOR PotUS.

is what I posted above. Get it? If he gets elected, BIG if, then he is president of the US, period. We don't have to like it like you didn't his first term but he would be president nonetheless and we have to do our best to deal with it. Unlike you in his first term.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.14    last year

Please repeat the very direct question. I lost it in the shuffle.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.18    last year

You recognized that Trump violated his oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” when attempted to corruptly steal the 2030 election.

Do you recognize that this makes Trump a traitor by definition?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.20  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.19    last year

Sure if proven and convicted of actions that would support that theory. You bet. And actually, until it is proven, yes he still is for the attempt. But they are going to need more than words. Remember the old James Comey/Hillary "investigation", intent is hard to prove however in this case, it seems pretty obvious

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.20    last year

So you cannot determine on your own that   Trump corruptly tried to steal the election?     You need a jury to make that call for you?

You opine on all sorts of matters without a jury call, why are you unable to form an opinion on Trump?  

See, this us about your opinion, not a legal determination with teeth.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.21    last year

My opinion doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things. Neither does yours outside your world.

You opine on all sorts of matters without a jury call, why are you unable to form an opinion on Trump?

That's the way the law works here in they USofA. I have my opinion. That YOU seem to be enamored with it for some self serving reason, isn't my concern. You see, I owe you nothing. Nothing whatsoever including adopting your opinion for myself.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.22    last year

Of course, you deflect instead of opining on whether Trump corruptly attempted to steal the 2020 election.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  impassed  TᵢG @7.1.23    last year

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    last year

is it as amazing as the incredible amount of time that Biden sycophants spend attacking Trump on Biden articles?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.23    last year

Would that be anything like people bitching about Trump on a Biden article?

Or is that different because it is Trump and people just can't control themselves?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    last year

misspeak?????

Be honest here, Biden outright lied.

it is ok to accept and admit it, no need to cover for him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    last year

They just don't care.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.29  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.25    last year

Yes, I find it amazing and sad that people are still defending Trump when it is obviously wrong to do so and especially since it is counterproductive.  

Trump as the GOP nominee further damages the party and virtually ensures Biden’s reelection.

Irrational, irresponsible, and unpatriotic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    last year

The endless defense of the indefensible continues 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.29    last year

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.32  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.21    last year

His comments are just nonsense. But its a free country. The unwillingness of the right wingers to throw Trump under the bus is what is causing all the problems right now. It is ridiculous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.27    last year

your comment is not even worth responding to

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.33    last year

And yet, you just did, just did not give any info.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.32    last year

Look, why not talk about your favorite person on a seed about him instead of your constant deflecting?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.36  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.21    last year

The Jan 6th committee evidence, which was largely sworn testimony by Trump administration officials and aides, in essence PROVED that Trump was part of a conspiracy to steal the election, and also that he committed dereliction of duty on Jan 6th. 

Most of his defenders who say there is no evidence or proof have no idea what the findings of the Jan 6th committee was, because they decided before it started that it wasnt legitimate because Pelosi kept two far right wackos off the committee (Jordan and Banks). 

This denial of what the Jan 6th committee produced leaves these Trump defenders with no real understanding of what was going on. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.36    last year

There is no reasoning with folks who gloss over all the details and simply claim that Trump was indicted for merely questioning the results of an election or indicted merely for holding classified documents.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.36    last year

can you relate any of that to Biden lying?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.39  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.12    last year
My hypothesis

Can't you two stop talking about Trump.

The country has been dragged through hell for 3 years.

WAKE UP!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.40  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.39    last year
Can't you two stop talking about Trump.
  • Trump is leading the GOP nomination field by many double digits.
  • Trump is under four indictments.
  • Trump continues to pump up the dysfunction in the GOP.
  • Trump is going to ensure the GOP has no viable candidate in 2024.

People like you are trying to soften his offenses and spin an alternate reality.

You telling others to wake up is profoundly ironic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.41  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.40    last year

The article is about a living piece of shit who took the country to Castro's Cuba.  The guy who is corrupt, senile and a tool of the evilest ideologues to ever populate the US. The George Soros crowd is destroying the justice system, the streets are unsafe, and the border is wide open. A week ago, Cartel soldiers with weapons were on the US side of the border. Fentanyl is killing thousands of Americans and you two are offended by Trump.

What a joke!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.39    last year

I truly believe that if we talked about the price if coffee in Brazil, the usual people would somehow drag Trump into it.

The evidence seems to back this up.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.43  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.41    last year

The USA always has problems.   You list hyperbole and examples of extant problems as if the world is coming to an end.   

1520100343188?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=8-45wFFcKogDeymMZkw19xEgqoBJw43EdLrj0R_YgvE

Yes, you are stuck in a frustrating situation.   Your party, the GOP, is dysfunctional.   It is going to nominate a traitor who very likely will be a felon and likely be deemed by multiple SecsState as ineligible to run for the presidency.

Your choice of candidate, DeSantis, is flailing with a very odd campaign strategy of divisively going after ' woke ' rather than a positive, leadership vision that inspires voters.   His path to the nomination is looking very bad.

So you will be stuck voting for Trump.   Frustrating.   But it is the support and defense that you et. al. have provided Trump that has brought the GOP to this level of dysfunction.

GOP members have ruined the GOP options and have basically forced rational voters to hold our collective noses and vote for Biden.

Blame yourself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.15    last year
You are going to vote for or support Trump for president in 2024 and then you will be a traitor.

what a huge steaming pile of nothing but pure bullshit

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.45  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.43    last year
The USA always has problems.  

Oh, he's no different than any other democrat / S.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.46  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.45    last year

The subject of my comment was the USA.

I do not see anywhere in my comment (or my collective comments) where I imply that all Ds are equivalent.   Not even sure what point you are trying to make with your out-of-place sarcastic comment.

My point is that you present the USA as if we are a nation in rare turmoil ... as if the problems we face today are dramatically different from any other time in our history (recent or past).    You would have a point if the economy was tanking, or we were losing a war, or if we had a constitutional crisis, or the PotUS was under indictment as a traitor, etc.   But that is simply not the case (and the Hunter situation is no where close to providing evidence that would cause Joe Biden to be indicted).

The GOP is NOT going to win by trying to paint the state of the USA as abysmal.   They need to get rid of Trump and put forth a candidate who will inspire the general electorate.   Failing to do so (and it looks like the GOP will fail miserably at that), the hope the GOP has to NOT see a D PotUS again is:

• Biden abruptly withdraws late in the race and the Ds scramble only to manage a weaker candidate (e.g. Kennedy, Harris,Sanders, Clinton)
  • a D-based third party emerges and siphons enough votes away from the Ds to allow a GOP candidate to sneak by

The GOP should have ejected Trump.   Those who support / defend Trump (and those who pledge to vote for Trump if nominated) are complicit in Trump being the likely nominee.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.47  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    last year

Just as amazing as people making excuses for Brandon the Human Fuck Up Machine by deflecting to Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.48  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.47    last year
... Brandon the Human Fuck Up Machine ...

Witless, childish, emotional crap.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.49  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.43    last year

You are a great brick wall.

So consumed with Trump and the GOP that you completely ignore what Brandon and the Democrat Party have put this country through.

GOP members have ruined the GOP options and have basically forced rational voters to hold our collective noses and vote for Biden.

There is nothing rational about anyone that would vote for Brandon or Democrats. 

Blame yourself.

Sorry, still blaming the people that voted in Brandon the Human Fuck Up Machine and Democrats after what they have put this country through for the last seven years plus.

The very same ones that refuse to believe Brandon is guilty of the very things Democrats are accusing Trump of. The ones that call all of Brandon's blatant lies "misspeaks". That screamed about how much time Trump spent on vacation- but stay silent while Brandon spends far more. Say "Luckily we aren't voting for Hunter"; while ignoring Hunter paid money to Brandon. That think Weiss is a completely unbiased DA- despite his connections to Beau Biden and the Biden family. Despite all evidence that Weiss didn't want to charge Hunter at all; and was only shame into a plea deal after the whistleblowers outed his and the DOJ's blatant biased mishandling of the investigation. The same ones that think Brandon keeping classified information (both during his time as a Senator and VP) in multiple unsecured locations with no chain of custody "as clerical errors." The very same ones that ignore fuel prices. Call inflation "transitory" when it is anything but. Blame Trump for Brandon's botched pull out from Afghanistan. Think that Ukraine isn't a failure of Brandon's leadership- even while Brandon ships endless billions to the very country/people that paid Hunter and him millions.

Nothing rational about anyone supporting Brandon or Democrats. So just stop pretending.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.50  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.12    last year

the majority of them like being led around by their nose...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.51  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.48    last year

What a thoughtless, moronic, completely devoid of reality response.

See, I can do it to.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.52  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.49    last year
So consumed with Trump and the GOP that you completely ignore what Brandon and the Democrat Party have put this country through.

I am quite aware of Biden and have criticized same.   I just am not operating at an irrational emotional level.   I can consider the good and bad in Biden and Trump.   It really takes no effort to see that Trump should never be considered for any public office, much less the presidency.   So someone like that versus pretty much anyone is a no-brainer.

... Brandon the Human Fuck Up Machine ...

Witless, childish, emotional crap.   I stopped reading your nonsense at this point.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.53  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.51    last year

Except that criticism needs to be based on merits.   You simply typed words.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.54  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.52    last year
I can consider the good and bad in Biden and Trump. 

There is no "good" in Trump . He was the most unfit presidential candidate in American history in 2016, and he still is. His unifitness is in no way a recent development.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.55  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.53    last year

I was on the road most of yesterday, mostly out in bfe where thumper and rwnj radio reign supreme. like some comedy channel, I listened to it for many hours. what's funny to me is how much of their media talking points are parroted here every day by trump supporters.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.56  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.54    last year

Give me a break, JR.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.57  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @7.1.55    last year

I have not heard a sound argument for supporting Trump since his Big Lie.   Prior to that, the sound argument was that they liked his policies.   Now, given he has proved that he should never again be granted the power of the presidency, there is no rational, sound argument for supporting him.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.58  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.57    last year

maybe they like his policy of holding just 1 more national election the best...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.59  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.56    last year

Did I say something that is wrong?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.60  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.59    last year

Yes.   There is a good in Trump, it is just that it is entirely overshadowed by the bad.  

The good, from the perspective of a core R, is that Trump does / says what they like.   He is hard on the border, nationalistic, picks very conservative nominees, acts religious, … , and makes fun of Ds.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.61  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.60    last year

I thought we were talking about good for the presidency and the country. He was most unqualified presidential candidate in American history in 2016 (tax cheat, fraud, pathological liar, birtherism, six bankruptcies, deadbeat in paying his bills to small businesses, psychologically impaired malignant narcissist, and on and on), and he still is. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.62  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.39    last year

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

This country has been dragged through hell (as far as I'm concerned, essentially) from the moment the former 'president' went down the escalator.  But really so much much much much much much much more so since he became 'president'

The hell isn't due to President Biden

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.63  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.41    last year

The projection is deep

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.64  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.54    last year

No, there is not one good or decent thing about the pitiful excuse of a man and human being.  Not one redeeming quality whatsoever to be found.  I agree 1000%

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.65  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @7.1.55    last year

What a shocker huh?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.66  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.59    last year

No

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.67  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.60    last year

I disagree, not one good thing about him.

George
Junior Expert
8  George    last year

Any candidate that fails to show up for a party sponsored debate that has met the requirements should be barred from running on the ticket.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1  Tacos!  replied to  George @8    last year

If I were polling at 62%, I wouldn’t do a debate, either. Trump has everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing a debate. 

Conversely, everyone he’s running against is polling at like 12% or less. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose. 

Frankly, at this point, is there a person out there who doesn’t understand the differences between Trump and every other option? Who out there even needs Trump in a debate?

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tacos! @8.1    last year

I agree, why would trump want to participate in a circular firing squad at this stage of the game. he can stand back and watch his rivals take each other out of the race for another 6 months before he needs to jump into the mud fight. trump knows that the only people with the courage to take shots at him have no chance in the primaries.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @8.1.1    last year

Pathetic state of affairs, is it not?

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.3  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.2    last year

it's disturbing that 1/3 of the voters are willing to gamble our liberty and democracy over their own  unwillingness to accept or assign personal responsibility and accountability. washington warned us of those that would place party over country.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    last year

As Noam Blum wrote  "Biden seems incapable of sympathizing with people's pain without inventing a story about how the same thing happened to him."  You know who does that? Sociopaths.

He makes himself the bride at every wedding/corpse at every funeral. 

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
9.1  JumpDrive  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    last year

Pure projection: The White House sent two people to the home of a baby whose parents were slaughtered shielding him during the El Paso Walmart mass shooting. The baby then appeared with a smiling, thumbs-up Trump. Picture with baby, GOOD! — Imagine how devoid of empathy you need to be to be unaware of the context here. “A University Medical Center hospital official said that Trump showed 'an absence of empathy' during his visit to El Paso.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JumpDrive @9.1    last year

Hmmm

and how does anything Trump did excuse Biden?

Why must so many ALWAYS deflect to Trump?

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
9.1.2  JumpDrive  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    last year
and how does anything Trump did excuse Biden?

Biden does have empathy and isn't a sociopath like Trump; no excuse needed. The problem I'm addressing is this need conservatives have to project the horrific attributes of their party leader onto Biden. But, there simply isn't a fit, like GWB, Clinton, GHWB, Reagan, and Carter, Biden is a human being. A person who does care about others. Can you imagine lying about a pandemic for 4 or 5 weeks while the disease is spreading unchecked because it suits your purposes. Sociopathic, malignantly narcissistic and incredibly stupid.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JumpDrive @9.1.2    last year

That's  a lot of words to avoid actually saying that nothing, absolutely nothing Trump did or did not do excuses Biden.

But continue shilling for Biden and don't forget to drag Trump with you everywhere!

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.4  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.3    last year

What in hell are you talking about that "Biden Did" that is so fucking bad you and all your cohorts are so outraged about it?

Biden reminisced about a fire he once experienced while commiserating with fire victims! OMFG! Get your tar and feathers!

It isn't like he tried to defraud America...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @9.1.4    last year

It was a kitchen fire FFS. What the hell was his Corvette doing in the kitchen? And drama of all drama...........

And it hit a wire and came up underneath our home into the heating ducts, air conditioning ducts. And to make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette and my cat."

That's some REAL heartfelt empathy for those who DID lose everything................../S

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JumpDrive @9.1    last year

So Trump is the standard of decency now? 

It's amazing how Democrats can never defend  Biden without the But BUT Trump card ....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @9.1.4    last year
den reminisced about a fire he once experienced while commiserating with fire victims! OMFG! Get your tar and feathers!

Exaggerating or making up stories to make the situation about yourself  is not commiserating 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9.1.4    last year

Your boy Biden is a blatant liar, and based on your posts over the years. I know how much you hate lying.

Biden lied about his fire. 

learn to accept it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  JumpDrive @9.1.2    last year

It's pure PD&D plus delusion IMHO

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    last year
"I don't want to compare difficulties . . .

Then, don’t. When people are in pain, they don’t want to hear about how bad you’ve had it. Today isn’t about you. If these people want to hear from you at all, it’s about how you’re going to help solve their problems. Otherwise, you’re wasting their time and campaigning on their tragedy.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
11  Just Jim NC TttH    last year
His comments are just nonsense. But its a free country. The unwillingness of the right wingers to throw Trump under the bus is what is causing all the problems right now. It is ridiculous.

What problems other than what it is in your mind? SMH

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @11    last year

To me, the key problem is the damage done to the GOP and the resulting lack of a viable (much less desirable) choice from the GOP for the voters.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1    last year

That appears to be a real problem for folks who aren't Republicans.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.1    last year

The Ds likely are quite pleased with a dysfunctional GOP.

Those of us who seek the best candidates regardless of party find it to be a problem.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.2    last year

of course a couple of folks may feel that way.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.3    last year

More than a couple.   Closer to ⅓ of the electorate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.4    last year

that's funny!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.5    last year

How do you (and Just Jim) find that to be 'funny'?:

In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent?

Trend since 2004

Page 1 of 17   

Republicans Independents Democrats
% % %
2023 Jul 3-27 27 45 25
2023 Jun 1-22 25 44 27
2023 May 1-24 30 38 29
2023 Apr 3-25 30 41 27
2023 Mar 1-23 25 49 25
2023 Feb 1-23 27 44 28
2023 Jan 2-22 27 40 30
2022 Nov 9-Dec 2 30 42 26
2022 Oct 3-20 33 35 29
2022 Sep 1-16 30 43 24

So, Texan and JustJim, let us in on why this is funny?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.6    last year

maybe it as simple as having a sense of humor.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.7    last year

What is the humor that one is to sense in your 'joke'?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.8    last year

Well, if you don't see it now, you just ain't going to.

No sense discussing it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.9    last year

You have nothing ... yet again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.11  Texan1211  impassed  TᵢG @11.1.10    last year

MrFrost
Professor Guide
12  MrFrost    last year

He should have just thrown paper towels at the crowd. Right wingers thought that was totally appropriate when Trump did it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @12    last year

Now THAT would be a sight!

imagine all the fine folks bitching about Biden!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.2  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @12    last year

No, he should have just sent them $700 per person while demanding billions more in aid for a country that paid his family millions.

Leftists think it is completely appropriate that Brandon is doing it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @12.2    last year

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.1    last year

That's horrible.

Do you find it funny?

I find it deplorable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @12.2.2    last year

I see JJ and JRINC have absolutely no empathy for the Ukrainians. That's sad and shameful.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @12.2.3    last year

Couldn't be more wrong. I have plenty of empathy but I also like results. So far, as the sign depicts, "Billions Squandered". Soo sorry you don't see the truth in ..........well anything really.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.4    last year

See 12.2.2

Hallux
Professor Principal
13  Hallux    last year

'Odd' how the 4 major Hawaiian newspapers endorsed Biden's visit with praise. @!@

George
Junior Expert
13.1  George  replied to  Hallux @13    last year

Weird how anyone would think a Hawaiian liberal fucktard newspaper would do anything but praise Biden.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  George @13.1    last year

Oh for fucks sake - just what the hell is a Hawaiian liberal paper?

Hallux
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Hallux  replied to  George @13.1    last year

Their praise is just as odd as not only your constant denunciation but also that of the One-trick Pony Press you follow.

Read the Press at the center of what's occurring not some wayward 'reporter' out of NY whose editors and owners have an axe to grind.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @13.1.2    last year

Funny how a lot of folks on here still use Faux 'news' as a source.