╌>

Kamala Harris skewered over latest 'word salad' gaffe: 'Incapable of speaking normally' | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  8 months ago  •  62 comments

By:   Kristine Parks (Fox News)

Kamala Harris skewered over latest 'word salad' gaffe: 'Incapable of speaking normally' | Fox News
Vice President Kamala Harris was mocked on social media after she made another incomprehensible statement during a speech at Howard University on abortion rights.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Laura Ingraham: Kamala Harris 'slipping into a different dimension' with latest word salad

Vice President Kamala Harris was mocked by Fox News host Laura Ingraham after she made another incomprehensible statement during a speech at Howard University on abortion rights.

Vice President Kamala Harris was brutally mocked for puzzling comments she made during a rally for abortion rights at Howard University in Washington D.C. on Tuesday.

Harris delivered her remarks at her alma mater, in her first speaking engagement since she and President Biden announced their 2024 re-election bid.

The VP was urging liberals to "stand and fight" against what she deemed a "national agenda" by the GOP to limit abortion rights, voting rights and LGBTQ rights, NPR reported. At one point in her speech, she gave a rambling description of the importance of the moment.

"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future," Harris said in video shared by the Republican National Committee and others on Twitter.

US Vice President Kamala Harris announced her reelection bid with President Biden on Tuesday.(Leigh Vogel/Abaca/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

Conservatives like Steve Guest, adviser for Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, roundly ridiculed the latest verbal blunder as a "word salad."

Talk radio host Buck Sexton joked, "Every Kamala speech somehow sounds like the most brutally boring corporate HR seminar imaginable."

Republican strategist Matt Whitlock accused the VP of being unable of speaking "normally."

"It's pretty striking that she is simply incapable of speaking normally. Is she actually smoking weed before grabbing the mic? It would explain so much," Whitlock tweeted.

Vice President Kamala Harris was ridiculed on social media for her latest verbal blunder.

Fox News Radio host Guy Benson responded with a grimacing emoji to the awkward speech.

PJ Media senior columnist Stephen Kruiser teased, "She speaks like James Joyce would have written if he'd had no talent and been even more drunk."

Freelance security analyst Kyle Orton likened Harris to the satirical political character Selina Meyer from "Veep,"

"Pure VEEP stuff," he remarked.

The Vice President has frequently been mocked for her word salads and awkward stories at public events.

Last month critics ripped Harris after she honored "women who made history throughout history" in a speech for Women's History Month.

Kristine Parks is an associate editor for Fox News Digital. Read more.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    8 months ago

Our second in line.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1  GregTx  replied to  Sparty On @1    8 months ago

Doesn't inspire any confidence does it?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Sparty On    8 months ago

[jrEmbed module="jrYouTube" youtube_id="q-3nXSf4itI"]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2    8 months ago

As criticism of Kamala Harris, that video is absurd. Three examples of her speaking are given, under the banner of "Kamala Harris Fumbles Through Her Speeches".

Two of the three examples given are not speeches at all and third contains obvious ad libbing. 

There is something wrong here, but its not Harris,  it is the people who think all this nonsense means something. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    8 months ago

Try reading the quote in post 6 and then start making excuses for the idiot.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    8 months ago

OMFG where is our resident genius with the "defending the indefensible" comment?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.2    8 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    8 months ago

There are a number of people, here on Newstalkers, that suck at expressing their thoughts in a coherent way.  You'd think they would have sympathy for a politician who speaks repetitively. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    8 months ago

You may very well feel that way.

But I am curious as to why you are defending this idiot.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.6  George  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    8 months ago

D

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  George @2.1.6    8 months ago

that says it all right there.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    8 months ago
There is something wrong here, but its not Harris,  it is the people who think all this nonsense means something. 

Exactly, anyone trying to find meaning in her nonsense is just wrong.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    8 months ago
You'd think they would have sympathy for a politician who speaks repetitively. 

You would think a person who speaks repetitively would be able to speak coherently.  But this is what happens when you pick a VP based solely on their skin color and gender.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  1stwarrior    8 months ago

Like the reference to James Joyce - cool.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    8 months ago

From Biden’s perspective she was a great pick.  If she seemed halfway competent the pressure to stand down would be immense.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    8 months ago

Which was interesting consider how hard Harris attacked Biden while running against him.    

Biden picked her for two reasons.    1.) she’s African American.    2,) she is a she

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    8 months ago

And she isn't even African American..............

Born to a Jamaican father and an Indian mother

bugsy
Professor Participates
5  bugsy    8 months ago

he VP was urging liberals to "stand and fight"

Wait a minute...

Isn't this very similar to what our leftist friends here claim that Trump said where he "instigated" Jan 6?

I wonder when democrats will begin their own impeachment inquiry and file charges of incitement against her s/

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @5    8 months ago
Isn't this very similar to what our leftist friends here claim that Trump said where he "instigated" Jan 6?

Don't call out their hypocrisy.  It hurts their feelings.  And we've seen how they get with hurt feelings.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6  Right Down the Center    8 months ago

"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future," Harris said 

That is alot of words to say absolutely nothing

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    8 months ago

If anyone can read what she said and come to a conclusion other than she is a full blown idiot, let's talk.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    8 months ago

Does Kamala carry around  a few bottles of salad dressing?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9  TᵢG    8 months ago

This ...

"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future," 

is a word salad.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9    8 months ago

This........is typical of Harris.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @9    8 months ago

Big deal. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2    8 months ago

It is kind of a big deal when the VP can't make sense when speaking in public.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    8 months ago

I understood her. Maybe its you. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.2    8 months ago

You understood that word salad?!?!

What in the heck did she mean then?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.3    8 months ago
What in the heck did she mean then?

She meant that she, along with many present and historical leaders, believes it important to understand our present role in context of the past and in consideration of the future.

Even more succinct: consider lessons learned and act properly today considering our impact on the future.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.9  TᵢG  replied to    8 months ago
I asked him, not you.

How many times must someone explain to you how a forum works.   This is not a private discussion.   We all can chime in.   

I don't want someone who thinks it is a word salad to explain it, I want the person who pretended her words made sense to try to explain.

Too bad.   You asked "What in the heck did she mean then?" so I gave you my interpretation.    Everyone is free to answer your question; again, that is how forums work.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.9    8 months ago

don't talk to me

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.2.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.9    8 months ago

Parts of this thread were cleaned up for a slap fight. Knock it off. Only warning.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.2.11    8 months ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.9    8 months ago

This is what these people are losing their shit over. 

"So I think it's very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future,"

There is no doubt that her sentences here are quite repetitive, but other than that, what is supposed to be the big deal with this? 

The idea that no one can understand what she meant is bizarre. She is saying that we need to put the present into a historical context at times and do so in a way that helps us in the future. 

I dont know what the topic she was discussing was so I cant say if what she said was really meaningful or not. Nor do I care at this particular moment. This entire controversy surrounding her "speeches" is ridiculous. 

The right is making a concerted effort to denigrate Kamala Harris, that is quite obvious. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.13    8 months ago

Hell, all we have to do is keep posting her idiotic word salads and keep telling the truth about her.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.13    8 months ago
There is no doubt that her sentences here are quite repetitive, but other than that, what is supposed to be the big deal with this?

It is not a big deal (to me).   It is, however,  clearly a word salad.   And that does not surprise me with Harris. 

Her AI commentary that was deemed a word salad was NOT a word salad.  I made that clear (although the confirmation bias at play is strong).   In this case, it IS a word salad.   

It is a big deal to the Rs because anything negative regarding a D is a big deal to them.   They are apparently on a mission to win the presidency and they are stuck with Trump as their nominee.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.16  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.15    8 months ago

Look, she made a convoluted sentence. Our right wingers pretend that she sounded like an idiot, which is nonsense. She sounded like someone who was speaking off the cuff and got her presentation of her words out over her skis. 

Like I said, big deal. 

So its a word salad, WGAF ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.16    8 months ago

Nobody ever has to pretend Harris is an idiot.

Most of us have heard her talk or read her words.

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.2.18  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.16    8 months ago

Exactly,  wgaf?...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @9.2.18    8 months ago

Democratic lemmings.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.20  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.16    8 months ago

Not sure what else I can say here John.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.16    8 months ago
So its a word salad, WGAF ? 

Oh, that's an interesting concept...

So, what they actually do is more important than what they say?

Thank you, John.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.21    8 months ago

Kamala Harris appears to want to over explain or keep talking until she thinks she has made her point. Thus she has had episodes of repetitiveness. 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence, or competence. 

The political right is on a crusade to discredit Harris and scare people into thinking a vote for Biden is a vote for this horrible person Kamala Harris. It is absurd, but par for the course for the MAGA party. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.22    8 months ago
This has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence, or competence. 

I kind of agree with that.

The political right is on a crusade to discredit Harris

I wonder where they learned that?

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.3  GregTx  replied to  TᵢG @9    8 months ago

Alot of her "speaking" engagements remind me of a Tommy Chong ramble.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @9.3    8 months ago

At least he was probably high.

What's Kamala's excuse?

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.3.2  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @9.3.1    8 months ago

She's just high on life, dontcha know...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  GregTx @9.3    8 months ago

The difference is Tommy Chong is wasted.  She's stone sober.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    8 months ago

Yeah, ok. I think I get what she was going for. She's trying to get people to focus on historical context. She's just really not smooth about it, though.

Speaking of context, one of the problems with these clips is that we get just the bad sentence or two. Probably if we had to sit through the whole thing, we'd get her meaning. But that's not how news is done, these days.

It's really easy to not like her.

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1  evilone  replied to  Tacos! @10    8 months ago
It's really easy to not like her.

She doesn't come off as genuine at the best of times. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    8 months ago
Kamala Harris Skewered Over Latest 'Word Salad' Gaffe: 'Incapable Of Speaking Normally' 

The seeded article is 4 1/2 months old.  If that is her "latest" gaff she's not doing too bad. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

If you look at the video of this

It is clear that Harris was not giving a speech. She was making unscripted remarks .  So she had a slight brain freeze 4 1/2 months ago and we are supposed to make hay over it today.

Pathetic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11    8 months ago

She sure hasn't gotten smarter since then.

GregTx
PhD Guide
11.2  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @11    8 months ago

I'm sure she gave an inspirational speech over there,..

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11    8 months ago
If that is her "latest" gaff she's not doing too bad.

It isn't.

“Culture is — it is a reflection of our moment in our time, right? And in present culture is the way we express how we’re feeling about the moment,” Harris, 58, told audience members last Friday at the Essence Festival of Culture in the Caesars Superdome

“And we should always find times to express how we feel about the moment that is a reflection of joy, because as you know, it comes in the morning,” the vice president added, bursting into laughter.

“We have to find ways to also express the way we feel about the moment in terms of just having language and a connection to how people are experiencing life. And I think about it in that way too,” she said.  Kamala Harris 'culture' word salad stumps Twitter users (nypost.com)

“Today, I am pleased to announce that the next steps in our work together will be about further expanding our partnership. In particular, we will discuss the work that we will do together to strengthen our space cooperation,” Harris, 58, said at the White House while President Biden enjoyed the Delaware beach.

“You and I spoke briefly about the beginning of the next era — and, for you, what that means, in terms of your leadership and your vision for the future,” Harris told the prime minister, “and certainly, strengthening our space cooperation would be a part of that agenda — including, of course, using our space cooperation to think about how we strengthen the economic prosperity and development of our nations.”

Kamala Harris leaves Earth for word salad on ‘space cooperation’ (nypost.com)

Apparently, the woman never runs out of word salad! It's like a miracle!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11.3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @11.3    8 months ago

Ok, maybe not her most succinct moment, but check this out:

This — this decision about the denial of understanding the importance of — of the evolution we had to say that businesses cannot discriminate based on who you are.  And a decision that has essentially said that we’re going to just throw a truck through the laws that were designed to prevent discrimination and to deprive anyone just based on who they are from having access to public — publicly available services. 

So, you know, I say this.  Coretta Scott King famously said said: The fight for civil rights must be fought and won with each generation.  We are that generation she spoke of at this moment in time.  (Applause.)  And so, fight we must, understanding that the gains that we have made will never be permanent unless we are vigilant. 

And I say that means let us fight for the future we deserve.  Fight for the future we deserve.  (Applause.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.3.1    8 months ago

Hey, if you discard the first paragraph, she sounded actually halfway intelligent!

Alas, she had to include the first paragraph and ruin it all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.3.1    8 months ago

I would really hate to be the kind of person who thinks Harris speaks well or intelligently.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.4  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @11    8 months ago

That’s just one example of many.    

Harris’s biggest gaff of all is the job she is doing as VP.    Which is to say.    What the hell is she doing?    She’s Biden’s border czar ….. DOH!    I could go on but there’s really no point to it since the triggered masses will continue to give her the “partisan pass” they are programmed to give Dems like her.

And some of those same people hammered Quayle for misspelling potato …… hilarious!