╌>

New Jersey Sen. Menendez and his wife are indicted on bribery charges 31m

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  107 comments

New Jersey Sen. Menendez and his wife are indicted on bribery charges 31m

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey and his wife have been indicted on charges of bribery.

Federal prosecutors on Friday announced the charges against the 69-year-old Democrat nearly six years after an earlier criminal case against him ended with a deadlocked jury. The latest indictment is unrelated to the earlier charges that alleged Menendez accepted lavish gifts to pressure government officials on behalf of a Florida doctor.

The Senate Historical Office says Menendez appears to be the first sitting senator in U.S. history to have been indicted on two unrelated criminal allegations. Menendez faces reelection next year in a bid to extend his three-decade career in Washington, and as Democrats hold a narrow majority in the Senate.

Lawyers for Menendez and his wife haven’t responded to messages seeking comment.

The first time Menendez was indicted, he had been accused of using his political influence to help a Florida eye doctor who had lavished him with gifts and campaign contributions. Menendez appears to be the first sitting senator in U.S. history to have been indicted on two unrelated criminal allegations, according to a list maintained by the Senate Historical Office.

The new charges follow a yearslong investigation that examined, among other things, the dealings of a New Jersey businessman — a friend of Menendez’s wife — who secured sole authorization from the Egyptian government to certify that meat imported into that country meets Islamic dietary requirements. Investigators also asked questions about the Menendez family’s interactions with a New Jersey developer.

Menendez faces re-election next year in a bid to extend his three-decade career in Washington, and as Democrats hold a narrow majority in the Senate.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

The indictment is damning and a major headache for democrats who have a thread-like majority in the Senate.

They'll need him to vote as the indictment and the House investigation of Joe Biden distract from the media's "Trump" narrative.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
The indictment is damning and a major headache for democrats who have a thread-like majority in the Senate.

Let's just wait and see if democrats in the Senate fall over themselves trying to justify and protect Menendez, like House republicans do for their own.

George
Junior Expert
1.2  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
democrats who have a thread-like majority in the Senate.

The democrats actually have fewer members of the Senate than republicans.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Hallux  replied to  George @1.2    last year
The democrats actually have fewer members of the Senate than republicans.

The 3 independants:

Kyrsten Sinema has voted 93% for Biden's policies.

Angus King 98%

Joe Manchin 87.9%

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/dec/14/karine-jean-pierre/sinema-voted-biden-most-time-less-often-majority-d/#:~:text=That%20breakdown%20found%20Sinema%20voted,compared%20with%20her%20independent%20colleagues.

George
Junior Expert
1.2.2  George  replied to  Hallux @1.2.1    last year

Thank for information that nobody asked for. but your deflection from the fact that there are more republicans than democrats in the Senate is noted.

PS, if you are going to try to make a point, at least try to be correct. 

The 3 independants:

Kyrsten Sinema has voted 93% for Biden's policies.

Angus King 98%

Joe Manchin 87.9%

Joe Manchin is not an independent, he is still a democrat.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Hallux  replied to  George @1.2.2    last year
Joe Manchin is not an independent, he is still a democrat.

Hanging on by a frayed thread [deleted]

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.4  MonsterMash  replied to  George @1.2.2    last year

Three independents are in the Senate: Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Angus King of Maine and   Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona . Sanders and King caucus with the Democrats and Sinema has   said she won’t caucus with Senate Republicans . So, the Democrats still hold the majority. 

Who controls the Senate? Helping to understand the balance of power (usatoday.com)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  MonsterMash @1.2.4    last year

Math is hard.

George
Junior Expert
1.2.6  George  replied to  MonsterMash @1.2.4    last year

So there are 48 democrats and 49 republicans, that means there are more republicans than democrats. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Hallux  replied to  George @1.2.6    last year

@!@

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.3  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

“The indictment is damning…”

So this indictment counts even if issued by the dark state conspirators? Your blatant level of hypocrisy is astounding.

Let him and all others be held equally accountable. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @1.3    last year
dark state conspirators?

These are federal corruption charges just like in 2017.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

if he's found guilty by a jury, let him be sentenced to do time in prison. equal justice under the law...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.4.1  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @1.4    last year

Indeed.   If someone has engaged in wrongdoing they should pay the consequences.   Does not matter what party, race, gender, etc. apply.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.4    last year
equal justice under the law...

Glad to hear it. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.4.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @1.4.1    last year

Amen!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2  Jack_TX    last year

Any sort of Republican joy about this presumes NJ won't just send a different Democrat to the Senate.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jack_TX @2    last year

As we’ve seen, democrats will simply renominate and re-elect him.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    last year

It just is amazing that people write comments like this.

Although you are likely to be proved correct, how can you author this as derisive to Ds alone (no mention of the Rs) when your party is going to nominate Trump?

I would have made no comment if you had written:  "As we've seen, the electorate will simply renominate and re-elect him.".

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    last year

As we’ve seen, democrats will simply renominate and re-elect him.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    last year
how can you author this as derisive to Ds alone

Because he was literally  indicted, renominated and reelected by the Democrats in New Jersey already.

ve to Ds alone (no mention of the Rs) when your party is going to nominate Trump?

What does Trump have to do with his history of being indicted and nominated by Democrats?   Did you miss the words "As we've seen?" 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    last year
It just is amazing that people write comments like this. Although you are likely to be proved correct,

It's amazing when people write comments that are likely to be proved correct.  Oh my goodness.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.4    last year

Is that truncated portion of my comment (omitting the balance of my sentence and my post) honesty what you think I was saying?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    last year

I could paraphrase my post, but I think it was crystal clear.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.5    last year
Is that truncated portion of my comment (omitting the balance of my sentence and my post) honesty what you think I was saying?

No, I'm just giving you a bit of schtick about how you said it.

I'll leave the "whataboutism" accusations to others.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.7    last year

The GOP is dysfunctional.   I do not have much (if any) patience at this point for GOP members who focus on the opposition while allowing Trump to consume their one and only presidential nomination slot.

The GOP needs (desperately) to clean up its house rather than ignore the problem.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    last year
What does Trump have to do with his history of being indicted and nominated by Democrats?

Not a damn thing.

A case of deflection and whataboutism.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    last year

Deflection from what, exactly?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.10    last year

I am almost sure you already know what you were deflecting from--the seeded article about Menendez, which has nothing at all to do with Republicans or Trump.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.8    last year

Exactly, while the Repubs have Trump, it’s off limits on Dems.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    last year

I support holding Menendez accountable for any wrongdoing — especially if criminal.   The notion of deflection requires that one be trying to turn attention away from a point they cannot defend.   So, if deflecting, I would be trying to avoid saying what I volunteered earlier in this seed.

See my first comment @3 then @3.1.1 and then @1.4.1

In short, buy a vowel.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.12    last year

Wrong.   That is not my point and you quite likely know that.

My point is that someone who plans on voting for Trump is living in a glass house throwing stones at the Ds.   One cannot, without major league hypocrisy, chastise the Ds for likely re-electing Melendez while supporting the nomination of Trump.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.8    last year
The GOP is dysfunctional.   I do not have much (if any) patience at this point for GOP members who focus on the opposition while allowing Trump to consume their one and only presidential nomination slot.

The GOP isn't the subject of the seed.

But if we're going to have Deflection Festival 2023, let's talk about how Democrats are nominating a man who is clearly and obviously suffering from dementia.

Getting back to the actual subject of this seed, they have also renominated a man who is (allegedly) abusing his influence to aid a foreign government.

Glass houses, stones, etc, etc.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.15    last year
The GOP isn't the subject of the seed.

No it is not.   I was explaining the reasoning behind my comment.

Getting back to the actual subject of this seed, they have also renominated a man who is (allegedly) abusing his influence to aid a foreign government.

As I noted several times already:

TiG @3 ☞ Although it is not possible for me to know that he is guilty at this point, I will use this as an opportunity to note that long term politicians no doubt are continually tempted to use their quid-pro-quo power.   The longer one is in office, the more likely their ethics have waned.  After all, seems a shame to waste this power when it is so easy to use it for personal gain.  

TiG @3.1.1 I am more concerned with a system in which the electorate tolerates this kind of crap (assuming Menendez is guilty as charged of course).

TiG@1.1.4 ☞ If someone has engaged in wrongdoing they should pay the consequences.   Does not matter what party, race, gender, etc. apply.

In short, Menedez should be held accountable for his wrongdoings.   Like everyone else.  

So now we wait to see how these charges are adjudicated.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.13    last year

Okey dokey then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.13    last year

Simple fact is you deflected and now won't admit to it.

Trump and the Republicans have nothing to do with sleazy Menendez, but you keep pretending that wasn't a deflection if it makes you feel better, I don't give a damn, I know deflection when I see it, and so do others willing to admit to it.

That's it, I don't need to hear more unless and until you admit your deflection.

In short, be honest.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    last year
No it is not. 

Should have stopped right there and then.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.18    last year
Simple fact is you deflected and now won't admit to it.

Deflected from what, exactly?   

What truth / fact do you think I am trying to deflect from?

Be specific instead of engaging in theatrical (i.e. bullshit) claims.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.20    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.20    last year
Deflected from what, exactly?  

As I have already informed you in my post 2.1.18, you are deflecting to Trump and Republicans, which OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do with sleazy Menendez.

Here it is again:

Trump and the Republicans have nothing to do with sleazy Menendez, but you keep pretending that wasn't a deflection if it makes you feel better, I don't give a damn, I know deflection when I see it, and so do others willing to admit to it.

Pretending I wasn't specific is intellectual dishonesty.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.22    last year

Given I started my posts noting that Menendez, et.al. should be held accountable, by what bizarre variant of logic do you conclude I am deflecting from the very position I took?

You offer no specifics of ME deflecting, just your ridiculous claims of such.

Hello?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.23    last year
Given I started my posts noting that Menendez, et.al. should be held accountable, by what bizarre variant of logic do you conclude I am deflecting from the very position I took?

Then WHY bring Trump and Republicans into a discussion having nothing whatsoever to do with them unless you are merely deflecting? That is senseless.

Good bye!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.24    last year

You need me to explain the notion of using an example while explaining my underlying reasoning?    

Buy a couple of vowels.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.25    last year
You need me to explain the notion of using an example while explaining my underlying reasoning?    

Never need a thing from you.

Don't care about your "reasoning", I cared about your deflection.

Buy a couple of vowels. In short, buy a vowel.

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.26    last year

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @2    last year

We know they'll just send another democrat. That is why we are suddenly hearing "equal justice under the law."

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    last year

Although it is not possible for me to know that he is guilty at this point, I will use this as an opportunity to note that long term politicians no doubt are continually tempted to use their quid-pro-quo power.   The longer one is in office, the more likely their ethics have waned.

After all, seems a shame to waste this power when it is so easy to use it for personal gain.   800

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3    last year

Washington DC always has an element of corruption. There are few things that plague Menendez. One is that he had an enormous appetite for it and left himself wide open and he also was kind of a maverick at the wrong time.

I'm more concerned with ideologues than corrupt officials.

It is easy to condemn Menendez.

Anyone who would ignore what Joe Biden did to the country lacks morals.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year
Washington DC always has an element of corruption.

Indeed.

I'm more concerned with ideologues than corrupt officials.

I am more concerned with a system in which the electorate tolerates this kind of crap (assuming Menendez is guilty as charged of course).

Anyone who would ignore what Joe Biden did to the country lacks morals.

How can someone who is going to vote for Trump manage to make such a comment?   At the very least, one should write "Anyone who would ignore what Joe Biden / Donald Trump did to the country lacks morals."    Even then, it is equating Biden with Trump on morality which is patently absurd.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    last year
How can someone who is going to vote for Trump manage to make such a comment?

I found it very easy.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    last year

Yeah, I know.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    last year

Looks like Menendez has been a sleazeball for some time now.

I wonder if he and Hunter ever talked "business"?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year
Looks like Menendez has been a sleazeball for some time now.

It's hilarious that those defending this skid mark are the same people who have been shreiking that somebody else is guilty with less evidence.

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    last year
those defending this skid mark

So far no one here.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @4.1.1    last year

There are a few (so far).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.2    last year

Let us not forget that Menendez was against Obama's Iran deal. That was when Menendez had his first go around. He was lucky to walk away that time. This time the evidence seems overwhelming.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year
wonder if he and Hunter ever talked "business"?

If he had, he would have learned it's a rookie mistake to deal in gold.  True pros get their money wired to grandchildren through a series of offshore banking transactions. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    last year

In addition to the cash and gold, the indictment includes payments toward a home mortgage, compensation for a low-or-no-show job, a Mercedes and other things of value.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    last year
True pros get their money wired to grandchildren through a series of offshore banking transactions.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif  jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

evilone
Professor Guide
4.3  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year

Or Clarence Thomas?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @4.3    last year

I doubt either Hunter or Menendez ever talked to each other about any member of SCOTUS.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year

Menendez obviously didn't learn any of the corruption tactics used by the Clintons and Bidens.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.4    last year

The Clintons and Bidens are in a different class. The mistake Menendez made was being against Obama's Iran deal, just as he was against Obama normalizing relations with Cuba or being against Biden's policy on Venezuela.  The left of the democrat party is not shedding any tears over Menendez.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

$150,000 worth of gold bars and $500,000 in cash found in his home. Holy shit......this guy is in it deep. This is how one avoids claiming money on their taxes. (Yes I am talking to a certain member who shall not be named that uses this excuse all the time for Joe.)

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year

The Midas touch, touch, touch, touch
Touch, touch, touch, touch

Touch, touch, touch, touch

You say you're goin' through changes
Every day it seems your life is up and down
And you say that you're lookin' for an answer
Everywhere you look, it seems you can't be found

George
Junior Expert
5.2  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year
$150,000 worth of gold bars and $500,000 in cash found in his home.

Obviously babysitting money from the Feinsteins.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  George @5.2    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year
and $500,000 in cash found in his home.

Stuffed in envelopes in the pockets of his jackets located in his closet, no less! And, the envelopes had the fingerprints of his "donor".

Holy shit......this guy is in it deep.

As I said, he's a special brand of stupid!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year
$500,000 in cash found in his home

In his presser today, he claimed that the $500K cash in the pockets of his jackets were "income" from his 30 years of elected office.

I don't know about you, but I don't keep that much cash in my jacket pockets and I don't know anyone who does. That kind of money is invested for financial growth.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    last year

Damnnnn. This one looks bad. They found like thousands of dollars in cash at his house stuffed into envelopes. They even found gold bars. He has been up to some shit.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @6    last year

Looks that way.   No doubt this is but one of many.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    last year

Menendez is certainly a special brand of stupid. He started his new foreign relations bribery schemes within months of being let off the hook by a hung jury.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    last year

Guess he thought he got away with it the first time, why not give it a go. You are correct. A special brand of stupid.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    last year
A special brand of stupid.

Isn't that brand generally called "The Biden Administration"?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1.1    last year

Both family crime syndicates are eerily similar, although Menendez is expendable.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.2    last year

I'm curious if Menendez is the fall guy for the corruption that Joe is involved in.

We have seen the DOJ throw down indictments against Trump right after something negative came out about Joe, it looks like those indictments will probably go nowhere, especially the Bragg fuckups, so they have to find another scapegoat to take the left wing media attention away from the fuck up that is Joe Biden, .

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.3    last year
I'm curious if Menendez is the fall guy for the corruption that Joe is involved in

5d167663b834f1f8f7a6c10c2ad2c7f26764ed60.jpg  

A ' fall guy ' would not be a senior senator.   

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.5  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.4    last year

Ok let me clarify.

Since there are no more indictments against Trump coming immediately, someone has to take the heat of Joe.

Menendez is that person.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.5    last year

A 'fall guy' would not be a senior senator. 

A 'fall guy' would be a lower operative.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.7  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.6    last year

Obviously there is a blockage in understanding what I wrote...then clarified, so I will try again in even simpler terms.

Biden did bad, deflect to Trump indictments x 4 times.

To keep Biden out of the bad news, deflect to Menendez, knowing the mainstream media will happily drop Biden bad and pick up Menendez worse.

Capiche?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.7    last year
To keep Biden out of the bad news, deflect to Menendez,

Here is how partisan politics works.

If the desire is to keep Biden out of bad news, the deflection would be to a Republican, not to a senior D senator.

Your hypothesis is flawed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.9  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.8    last year
If the desire is to keep Biden out of bad news, the deflection would be to a Republican, not to a senior D senator.

Only blind partisans would see it that way. By your "logic", there should always be a republican deflected to if something negative comes out on Biden, even if there is no republican to deflect to.

It is delusional to think the Biden admin cares who is put into the spotlight to get Biden out of it.

"Your hypothesis is flawed."

Also delusional and hyper partisan to think this way.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.9    last year
Only blind partisans would see it that way.

A fine demonstration that you do not understand the concept of "blind partisanship".

By your "logic", there should always be a republican deflected to if something negative comes out on Biden, even if there is no republican to deflect to.

That is all you got from my comment?   You are way off on a limb. 

First of all, political parties have demonstrated that it is quite easy for them to target a member of the opposition and focus attention on it.   Have you noticed how the Rs have focused on Hunter Biden (not even a politician)?   History shows your notion of "no republican to deflect to" is flawed (being nice).  

Second, my logic is that a political party that wants to deflect attention away from one of their members (especially the PotUS) will target someone outside of their party.   They do not want to make one D/R look bad to deflect away from another D/R who looks bad.   They will, naturally, try to make one of the opposition look bad.  As an example, a logical choice would be for the Ds to target McConnel (minority leader of the senate showing serious signs of cognitive problems).

Basic logic (and even just common sense).

Also delusional and hyper partisan to think this way.

Looks like you just toss out emotive words regardless of whether or not they make any sense whatsoever in the context.   What a pathetic 'rebuttal'.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.11  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.10    last year
A fine demonstration that you do not understand the concept of "blind partisanship".

Oh, I, like many others, understand it perfectly. We see your demonstration of it daily.

"my logic"

Have you ever given consideration that your logic is flawed?

Looks like you just toss out emotive words regardless of whether or not they make any sense whatsoever in the context."

Funny how you use the same terms but believe that they are always used correctly.

Another flawed logic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.11    last year

You wrote nothing more than a nuh'uh.

original

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.13  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.12    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @7.1.13    last year
[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @7.1.13    last year

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.16  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.15    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.15    last year

removed for context

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.18  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @7.1.13    last year

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @7.1.18    last year

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @7.1.18    last year
Nothing about 7.1.12 for taunting?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @7.1.18    last year

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    last year

So, I guess the Department of Justice actually does investigate and prosecute Democrats, as well as Republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @8    last year

I'm quite sure they are more than happy to replace him with another democrat.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    last year
I'm quite sure they are more than happy to replace him with another democrat.

Murphy will readily comply if Menendez and his bagman wife are found guilty as charged. He has no other option.

George
Junior Expert
8.1.2  George  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1.1    last year

Rumor has it that he already has 2 front runners picked out........Of course the driving force is historic firsts for New Jersey, no mention of actual qualifications.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @8    last year

Even a blind dog finds a bone every now and then.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2    last year

Are you suggesting that DOJ didn’t know he was Democrat?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.1    last year

Nope!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
9  MrFrost    last year

If guilty, he should resign immediately. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @9    last year
If guilty, he should resign immediately. 

His governor and other Democrats already said that without waiting for a guilty or innocent verdict. Maybe they know something that the rest of us don't know?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1    last year

The balance of the Senate is at stake. The 2024 Senate race favors Republicans. The Senate right now is split. 

The last thing democrats want is a stubborn Sen Menendez running against a Republican in 2024 with all this baggage.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    last year

Menendez, a senator, is expendable. Murphy will simply choose another Dem to take his place.

One the other hand, the presidency is certainly at stake. At least 30 Dems have already thrown Menendez under the bus without due process as a non-partisan "show" in order to maintain control of the Executive Branch. 

GregTx
Professor Guide
10  GregTx    last year

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1  Jasper2529  replied to  GregTx @10    last year

Solid "gold" ...