╌>

Pictorial: Nissan's "Urban EV GoKart" 20-30 Concept

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  7 months ago  •  11 comments

By:   Mike Hanlon

Pictorial: Nissan's "Urban EV GoKart" 20-30 Concept
Today EVs represent 16% of Nissan's total sales in Europe, part of a total electrified sales mix of 50%, which in the coming three years is expected to rise to 98%.

Nissan has released the first imagery of its 20-30 Concept, a sporty Micra-sized EV with bold sports styling. The plan is that by 2028, Nissan EVs will have solid-state batteries, reducing the cost of electrical energy storage by 65%, and enabling pocket rocket hot hatches just like this.

While nominally celebrating 20 years of Nissan Design Europe (NDE), the 20-30 Concept is an illustration of the “Nissan Ambition 2030” Roadmap, in which Nissan plans the introduction of 27 electrified vehicles, including 19 EVs, by 2030. In this period Nissan is also introducing cobalt-free technology to bring down the cost of EV batteries by 65% by fiscal year 2028, thereby reducing charging time by two-thirds of what we now know.

Further, Nissan expects its solid-state battery initiative (which it calls "all-solid-state batteries" – ASSB) to bring the cost of battery packs down to US$75 per kWh by fiscal year 2028 and aims to bring it further down to $65 per kWh to achieve cost parity between EV and gasoline vehicles in the future.

The European car market is electrifying far quicker than in any other part of the world. In the period 2018-2022, the share of the market held by electric and electrified vehicles rose from 5% to 44%, with all-electric vehicles rising from 1% to 12% of the total market.

Today EVs represent 16% of Nissan's total sales in Europe, part of a total electrified sales mix of 50%, which in the coming three years is expected to rise to 98%.

The new 20-30 Concept is covered from all angles in the image gallery and its creation is shown in the video below.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

original original original

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    7 months ago

I’d drive that hot hatch.  I can’t wait to see how the future of EVs takes shape.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    7 months ago

I might. It depends on low it sits. I have problems with low lying cars

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    7 months ago

me too, now. I have to fall into them and then I can't get out of them.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    7 months ago

I bet it hauls ass. teslas used to blow the doors off my lexus sport coupe when they would accelerate.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @1.2    7 months ago

Give it adjustable height air shocks, AWD and 0 to 60 in 3.0 seconds and I'll take it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.2  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  devangelical @1.2    7 months ago

My neck hurt from being a passenger in a tesla.  They are rockets, and they’re so smooth and quiet while accelerating and decelerating.  Being in the back seat was a little nauseating.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.2.2    7 months ago

the hp vs weight ratios in those sleds is very impressive. besides, my hearing is bad enough now that I probably wouldn't miss hearing an internal combustion engine drop into passing gear. somebody once told me that teslas are banned from some drag strips for amateur competitions, but I don't really know or care...

evilone
Professor Guide
2  evilone    7 months ago

It's a cool looking car. I'd not ever be able to drive it here - too many potholes for that low clearance.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  evilone @2    7 months ago

That would be an issue.  I grew up in Toledo, OH, similar climate to yours, and the potholes are a never ending problem.  In Maryland I continue to be amazed at the condition of the roads.  The climate is not that different but the money they have to maintain roads is a game changer.  I swear the worst road surface here is about the same as the best road there.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    7 months ago
. I grew up in Toledo, OH,

I lived there until I was 9 yrs old. I live in Portland, Oregon now and it has to be the pothole capital of the solar system. They found one here that they still haven't found the bottom of and another with a family of four living in it. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     7 months ago

It better be fast in Florida we have gators that could swallow it in one bite.