World’s largest, most advanced underground hospital opens in Haifa

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  Michael C.    7 months ago

A hospital in Gaza was hit-- either by Israeli bomb or a malfunctioning rocket aimed at Israel.

And while we're debating who's responsible. I would like to point out that Israel wants its citizens to avoid injury or even death from enemy fire. So it builds bomb shelters in residential buildings' basements, above ground free-standing shelters near bus stops, near playgrounds, etc.

Hamas, OTOH wants Gaza citizens to be hit, because Hamas doesn't care about human life, and in fact Hamas wants ordinary citizens to die-- it makes good propaganda.

So-- they don't build shelters for their citizens, and don't let them use the bomb shelters which are for Hamas leaders and fighters only.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Michael C. @1    7 months ago
A hospital in Gaza was hit-- either by Israeli bomb or a malfunctioning rocket aimed at Israel.

Both Hamas and Israel had provocation to hit this hospital.  Like several other major Hospitals in Gaza it is a Christian funded and run hospital.  There are less than a thousand Christians in Gaza so obviously these hospitals are nothing more than recruiting stations to convert Muslims to Christians. 

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    7 months ago
so obviously these hospitals are nothing more than recruiting stations to convert Muslims to Christians. 

I don't understand you comment-- who is it you are saying has been trying to convert Muslims to Christians?

And why would Israel "have a provocation" to kill people just because they are trying to convert Muslims to Christians? (Especially now-- Israel has more important things on its mind).

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    7 months ago
so obviously these hospitals are nothing more than recruiting stations to convert Muslims to Christians. 

"Nothing more"? Not even any medical equipment?

That seems strange-- can anyone explain why that is so?

(Asking for a friend)

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Michael C. @1.1.1    7 months ago

I’m sorry that my attempt at sarcasm wasn’t more evident.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    7 months ago

Your sarcasm is understood and enjoyed, but you don't know Michael C. (formerly known as Krishna) as well as I do - his sense of humour is more "wry" than you can drink and you were just a target of it.  He was my very first friend on Newsvine when I signed up at least a decade and a half ago, and I always considered him to be my mentor when it came to participation in a social news site.  I was worried that we lost him, so I'm quite relieved and happy to see him back here again.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    7 months ago

I remember Krishna from NV days and am glad he’s back.  I enjoy his writing.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Michael C. @1    7 months ago
Hamas, OTOH wants Gaza citizens to be hit, because Hamas doesn't care about human life, and in fact Hamas wants ordinary citizens to die-- it makes good propaganda. So-- they don't build shelters for their citizens, and don't let them use the bomb shelters which are for Hamas leaders and fighters only.

Palestinians do not need to build shelters because there is no worry of terror attacks from Israel.  Israelis do not cross into Gaza and randomly kill people.  Israel doesn't bomb Gaza to make a political statement.  

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1.2.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Nerm_L @1.2    7 months ago
Palestinians do not need to build shelters because there is no worry of terror attacks from Israel.

Correct!

(I think most of us know that, but thanks anyway for clarifying that in the unlikely case there are any poorly informed people on this site! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Michael C. @1.2.1    7 months ago

Is it just the conflict itself that makes me think of fighting fire with fire?

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
2  seeder  Michael C.    7 months ago

I have often seen ordinary Gazans when Gaza is under attack and the newcaster says how terrible it is-- Gazans have to run out to the street-- because they (ordinary Gaza citizens) have no where to run to for protection because there are no shelters to run to.

Is it Israel's fault that Gazans leaders don't build shelters for ordinary citizens-- but Israel does? 

Or-- is Hamas simply not capable of working underground-- perhaps they don't have a clue as to how to build underground tunnels, shelters, etc?

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
2.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Michael C. @2    7 months ago

Yup-- its the same for hospitals. Its not that Hamas can't build hospitals underground-- there's another reason they build hospitals where they're vulnerable. 

But Hamas is a terror organization it shouldn't be surprising-- nor should it be surprising that Israel

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
3  seeder  Michael C.    7 months ago

Its a similar situation with hospitals. Hamas hospitals are above ground where the can be hit in wartime. And if that occurs it's greatly publicity for Hamas!

But again-- the situation is different in Israel-- because their type priority is saving lives. So they're building underground hospitals.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    7 months ago

The point here is that Israel does whatever it can to SAVE lives, while Hamas does whatever it can for the Gazan civilians to be killed by Israelis, such as using them as human shields or killing them themselves to blame on the Israelis.  The ignorant bleeding hearts around the world just lap that up.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
4.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    7 months ago

The point here is that Israel does whatever it can to SAVE lives, while Hamas does whatever it can for the Gazan civilians to be killed by Israelis,

Of course there's that other factor as well-- as  I' sure you know, many Muslims believe that if they are killed fighting for Islam they are guaranteed a place in Heaven along with all those hot virgins. Strange as that is many definitely believe that.

P.S: IIRC if they are killed by a woman they don't go to heaven.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Michael C. @4.1    7 months ago
"P.S: IIRC if they are killed by a woman they don't go to heaven."  

I think everyone is aware that there are many women in the IDF and I hope that if there is ground invasion that the IDF women are the ones to shoot to kill the Hamas terrorists.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
4.2  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    7 months ago
The ignorant bleeding hearts around the world just lap that up.

its interesting. Some people are gullible. Some are just bizarre IMO. For example "Queers for Palestine". 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Michael C. @4.2    7 months ago
Some people are gullible. Some are just bizarre IMO. For example "Queers for Palestine". 

Please tell them what happens to gays in places like "Palestine."

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.3  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    7 months ago

Yes read that... Israel is telling the citizens to get out, meanwhile Hamas is telling them to stay "for the greater good"...

And where are Hamas?? In the bomb shelters... naturally!!!

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
4.3.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  shona1 @4.3    7 months ago
And where are Hamas?? In the bomb shelters... naturally!!!

Yes-- Hamas has bomb shelters for themselves...but refuses to build shelters for ordinary citizens, in hopes they will get killed (great for their evil propaganda motives)

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
4.4  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    7 months ago
The ignorant bleeding hearts around the world just lap that up.

Yup!

jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png