╌>

Does Your Religion Expect You To KILL for it?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  eat-the-press-do-not-read-it  •  7 months ago  •  80 comments

Does Your Religion Expect You To KILL for it?

Is the WAR between Israel and Hamas a religious war? Does your religion want you to fight and kill for it? Why are religions at the Center of many Wars throughout history?

Would you die for your religion? Kill for it? Slaughter innocent women, men, mothers, grandparent, and their children to defend your religious beliefs?

In my humbled by the years' view, it seems to this crusty old, creaking observer that the United States of America has wittingly, or unwittingly succumbed to GREED, avarice, arrogance, smugness, corruption, hate for hate sakes, and VULTURE CAPITALISM! 

Have you?

Is that the legacy you want to leave for your loved ones?  Death, destruction, carnage, wars, needless slaughter hidden behind necessity and religion?

If your RELIGION requires, requests, or demands that you KILL for it, perhaps, it is time to get a new religion. There are thousands and thousands to choose from!

Did HIS followers KILL to protect HIM, or to overthrow the government to prevent HIM from being crucified?

Did Jesus demand that his followers send 10% of their income to Him, so He could ride in the most expensive chariot and continue to raise MONEY to build an opulent temple honoring him?

Then, why do Christians do that?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    7 months ago

"Killers For Christ" are they still in business? I haven't seen their posts lately. My "sauces" (Melanoma & I Don't Give a Freakin' FUGAZI) claim that they are "Live & Well", and posing as Conservative, Christian Republicans.

But, these  Ho's can't be trusted. They are in it for the MONEY!

Have you ever256 "been in it for the money"?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1    7 months ago

the maga christo-fascists are itching for a civil war...

Professor Guide
1.1.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  devangelical @1.1    7 months ago

And, they have since 1865.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    7 months ago

original

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  JBB @2    7 months ago

Just like Jesus?

Heck-- he's actually BETTER THAN JESUS! (pbuh)

Professor Guide
2.1.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @2.1    7 months ago

Who Dat?

Ronald MacDonald, "Dirty Diaper Donnie", or this newest Right-Wing Christian 
Speaker of the Louse, Mickey Johnson, opposes everything and believes that GOD appointed this louse, Speaker.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2    7 months ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
2.2.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2    7 months ago

[Deleted

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3  Drakkonis    7 months ago
Is the WAR between Israel and Hamas a religious war?

Yes.

Does your religion want you to fight and kill for it?

Mine? No. However, the question isn't simply about religious views but, rather, political entities. 

Why are religions at the Center of many Wars throughout history?

According to the Encyclopedia of War, religion accounts for about 8% of wars. 

Would you die for your religion?

Yes. I would not make someone else die for my religion, however. 

Kill for it? Slaughter innocent women, men, mothers, grandparent, and their children to defend your religious beliefs?

False question. Assumes Israel is acting on behalf of religious beliefs rather than premises applicable to any state. 

In my humbled by the years' view, it seems to this crusty old, creaking observer that the United States of America has wittingly, or unwittingly succumbed to GREED, avarice, arrogance, smugness, corruption, hate for hate sakes, and VULTURE CAPITALISM! 

Possibly true. 

Have you?

No. My perspective is that there is a God, who's Son is Jesus the Savior. All else is simply the result of mankind operating outside God's will. 

If your RELIGION requires, requests, or demands that you KILL for it, perhaps, it is time to get a new religion. There are thousands and thousands to choose from!

The only religion that requires, requests or demands that you kill for it is Islam. 

Did HIS followers KILL to protect HIM, or to overthrow the government to prevent HIM from being crucified?

Obviously, no. However, you are conflating individual action with state entities which, if you're going with this idea, you must therefore acknowledge that powers and authorities are established by God. 

Did Jesus demand that his followers send 10% of their income to Him, so He could ride in the most expensive chariot and continue to raise MONEY to build an opulent temple honoring him?

Non-sequitur. Irrelevant to the topic you yourself established. 

Professor Guide
3.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drakkonis @3    7 months ago

I do not believe that GOD decides who is in power or who gets elected. 

God spoke to me in 1971 when I ingested a peyote button given to me as a gift from a Navaho Indian who I had given a lift to him and his Jewish companion.

They were hitchhiking en-route from NY to Nevada. I gave them a lift from Dayton, Ohio to Indianapolis, Indiana.

The Jewish guy sat up front with me and we talked about literature, poetry, and books that he had read. In particular, we discussed the bestseller, "I Have Been Down So Long, It Looks Like Up to Me".

The Navaho Indian never spoke but listened intently as we jammed on the best books of our time.

When we reached our destiny, the hitchhikers existed, the Navaho Indian placed a peyote button in the palm of my hand and nodded. The Jewish guy was a very bright man, who loved literature and told me that he was cured of Parkinson's disease.

When I returned home, I chewed on the Peyote Button and swallowed it. In less than I minute, my body went automatically into a Yoga position, and my breathing became rhythmic, as I focused on a pinhead bubble in a door. 

The bubble incrementally increased until it nearly engulfed me. I knew that if I leaned forward I would fall through an alternate dimension to the Center of the Universe.

Without hesitation, or fear I leaned forward falling head over head over and over again, and again, until I stopped, at which time I heard GOD'S VOICE say, "I can only do good"!

Instantly, I flipped backward, feet or head, sliding through to the metal door. I watched as slowly pulled my head and arms from one dimension to another.

I was not aware that I was asking the Universal question, "Why does GOD allow Cruelty to exist if he is all-powerful?"

The experience seemed to me to take an hour or more. When I looked at the wall clock not one second had passed.

Amazed, but, not frightened I raced into the living room and shouted to my roommate, 
"GOD HAS LIMITATIONS! HE CAN ONLY DO GOOD!"
It took me a number of years to understand what I had experienced. Few friends, strangers, and professionals believed what I experienced was real.

Now, at nearly 82, I do not give a "FUGAZY" if anyone believes me, or not!

Over time, (5 decades) numerous sentient incidents have revealed themselves to me, and I no longer see them as unusual. There is more to reality than meets the eye, especially if one has their finder in it.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1    7 months ago

I have take Peyote before too, my Amigo!

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Krishna  replied to  CB @3.1.1    7 months ago

Peyote was the first drug I ever did-- about a full year before I even smoked any Cannabis! 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  CB  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    7 months ago

You know, all things considered, it (Mescaline-Peyote) was a deeply enlightening drug. All my Mescaline and LSD 'highs' were superb as I didn't bother anybody else with it. What a rush! It was where I learned the deepest respect for the music of Pink Floyd ("Deep."  I would like to try again, but maybe that is a bit much for me now. Blah!

Professor Guide
3.1.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  CB @3.1.3    7 months ago

Once was enough for me. I got the message, and have never looked back. But I don't want to do it again. I learned an important lesson, that took years for some odd reason, to understand and be at peace

NOT THAT I AM PERFECT, BUT DAMN I am nearly perfect.

Would you, or anyone, else like to "KISS my Ring"? I got it from a Lone Ranger Cereal Box when I was eight.

Professor Guide
3.1.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  CB @3.1.3    7 months ago

There is another experience I had, not with peyote, but another hallucinating drug. It was from the other guy, and I am not sure if I shared it with anyone.

I was staring into the bathroom mirror transfixed. My eyes remained fixated, but the image of my face changed thousands of times, with different costumes, and headdress back to the being of time. 

The last frame was of Lucifer, who asked, "What do you want?" telepathically
I was not afraid, I was pissed, that such a being existed, and I pulled myself abruptly away from the mirror in anger.

Still angry, I thought to myself, "I should have killed that bastard". It was gone. It was all over.  Years later, I learned that is what Satan wants a viewer to do, then he captures their soul with eternal control.

The being did not look like a contemporary image of a demonic force, it resembled more of a powerful alien creature from another dimension. There were no horns, no red costume, etc.

It was a greyish-white, creature.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1.5    7 months ago
I was staring into the bathroom mirror transfixed.

Like this?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2  cjcold  replied to  Drakkonis @3    7 months ago
religion accounts for about 8% of

Nobody ever went to war thinking their god was opposed to it.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    7 months ago

The religion of peace celebrates a Black Sabbath.  What would Muslim Jesus do?

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    7 months ago

The fact is the "Holy Land" continues to behave itself poorly. It is unsatisfactory. Three "great" religions which add themselves to each new generation show their "natchie-born asses" in the so-named, "holy land." How can you be holy and under the control of a/God and do the things these expectant heavily religious people do. 

These wars are ridiculous. Their killing anybody is ridiculous. Their stating (if they explicitly say or imply) they do it for God is ridiculous. 

Where is God in any of this? It's a piss poor showing and modeling of three great faiths if you ask me!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1  cjcold  replied to  CB @5    7 months ago
Where is God in any of this?

The vengeful god of the christian old testament would be wading through the blood with a smile on its face.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  Krishna  replied to  CB @5    7 months ago
These wars are ridiculous. Their killing anybody is ridiculous

Based on your comments, one could assume that you would've been opposed to the U.S. entering WWII and killing-- yes killing--German Nazis and soldiers of Imperial Japan...?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @5.2    7 months ago

Perhaps he views FDR as a war manger like Woodrow Wilson, the two Dems that led us into world wars.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.2  CB  replied to  Krishna @5.2    7 months ago
These wars are ridiculous. Their killing anybody is ridiculous. Their stating (if they explicitly say or imply) they do it for God is ridiculous.  Where is God in any of this? It's a piss poor showing and modeling of three great faiths if you ask me!

If you look at the full context of my comment it is about the Holy Land, three Abrahamic religions, and war between religious people. That is what is "ridiculous." 

Professor Guide
5.2.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.2.1    7 months ago

Had America NOT entered WWII, Hitler very likely would have been successful, and everyone who wasn't an Aaryan would have been gassed and their body cremated.

Since, the beginning of time, Wars have been fought over various issues. Sensible countries now, as always, have had to be prepared for an unprecedented War. Readiness is not the same as a military buildup to attack another country.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.2.3    7 months ago
Wars have been fought over various issues

That's true.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6  al Jizzerror    7 months ago

When I was a young child I attended Sunday school.  The "teacher" made us line up and march around the class room singing this song:

Onward Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
  Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
  Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
  See, His banners go!
  Onward, Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
    Going on before.
At the name of Jesus
  Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
  On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
  At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
  Loud your anthems raise!
Like a mighty army
  Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
  Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
  All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
  One eternally.
Crowns and thrones may perish,
  Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
  Constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never
  ’Gainst the Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise,
  Which can never fail.
Onward, then, ye people!
  Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
  In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
  Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
  Men and angels sing.
That's when I decided that Christianity was bullshit and I became an atheist.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    7 months ago

I'll give it an 85, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.1.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1    7 months ago
it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

Yeah, it's got a kiler beat.

Professor Guide
6.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    7 months ago

Christianity has NOTHING to do with GOD. It has a lot to do with control, wealth, and wars of expansion.

I, too, had to sing that vicious, militant Battle Song!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6.2    7 months ago
that vicious, militant Battle Song!

Here's my favorite "(anti) battle song."

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.2  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.1    7 months ago

The song, "Onward Christian Soldiers"  may have a 'militarism' theme, but my understanding as a child in a Baptist church upbringing was it - the warfare involved - is SPIRITUAL warfare. Consider these two versus from the New Testament (for which the theme was derived):

The Armor of God

Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against [f]flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, having belted your waist with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having strapped on your feet the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

and

2 Timothy 2:3

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.   And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.   Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.   No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.   Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.   The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops.  

Timothy 2-3&version=NIV

The ' militarism ' is definitely written on the face of the words, but the meaning from the context of the whole bible and these two books is SPIRITUAL WARFARE.

Though, many church leaders, as they have done for centuries, spin words to their preferences. It's really quite sad and shameful when they do so. 

There is another song that invokes a theme of marching off to somewhere: "We're Marching To Zion" - and like "Onward Christian Soldiers," Zion was not a place for us to fight for in this world, but a place desired 'beyond' this life.

Friend Al Jizzerror, the proper way to accept a spiritual meaning in regards to these 'militant' verses, will be to understand that taking the words literally would be to conjure up images and displays of 'holy war'. 

The only Christians under the Cross who come close to being "warriors" for the faith itself are Christian Fundamentalists. . . and, I don't think there is a Christian alive in the U.S. that has ever fought in a physical holy war of any kind.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  CB @6.2.2    7 months ago
Friend Al Jizzerror, the proper way to accept a spiritual meaning in regards to these 'militant' verses, will be to understand that taking the words literally would be to conjure up images and displays of 'holy war'. 

"Holy war" is a fucking oxymoron.

A lot of the bullshit in the Bible is about military tactics.

There is another song "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho".

Joshua fit the battle of Jericho
Jericho Jericho
And the walls come tumbling down
God knows that
Jericho Jericho
Good morning sister Mary
Good morning brother John
Well I want to stop and talk with you
want to tell you how I come along
I know you've heard about Joshua
He was the son of Nun
He never stopped his work until
Until the work was done
God knows that
Jericho Jericho
You may talk about your men of Gideon
You may brag about your men of Saul
There's none like good old Joshua
At the battle of Jericho
Up to the walls of Jericho
He marched with spear in hand
Go blow them ram horns, Joshua cried
'Cause the battle is in my hands
God knows that
Jericho Jericho
You may talk about your men of Gideon
You may brag about your king of Saul
There none like Joshua
At the battle of Jericho
They tell me, great God that Joshua's spear
Was well nigh twelve feet long
And upon his hip was a double edged sword
And his mouth was a gospel horn
Yet bold and brave he stood
Salvation in his hand
Go blow them ram horns Joshua cried
'Cause the devil can't do you no harm
Jericho Jericho
Up to the walls of Jericho
He marched with spear in hand
Go blow them ram horns, Joshua cried
'Cause the battle is in my hands
Then the lamb ram sheep horns began to blow
The trumpets began to sound
Old Joshua shouted glory
And the walls came tumblin' down
God knows that
Jericho Jericho
Down, down, down, down, down
Tumblin' down

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.4  al Jizzerror  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.3    7 months ago

"Joshua Fought t he Battle of Jericho " is another Christian Children's war song.

Butt did Joshua's marching band really destroy the Jericho city wall?  FUCK NO.

Battle of Jericho

Biblical account

According to the Book of Joshua, when the Israelites were encamped at Shittim opposite Jericho , ready to cross the river, Joshua , as a final preparation, sent out two spies to Jericho. The spies stayed in the house of Rahab, a local prostitute. The king of Jericho sent soldiers who asked Rahab to bring out the spies. Instead, she hid them under bundles of flax on the roof. After escaping, the spies promised to spare Rahab and her family after taking the city, if she would mark her house by hanging a red cord out the window.

After the Israelites crossed the Jordan, the king of Jericho ordered that the gates of the walls be closed. God commanded Joshua to go around the walls of Jericho for six days, once every day, and seven times on the seventh day. God commanded the city to be attacked by seven priests blowing horns, with the Ark of the Covenant in front of them and all the people behind the Ark of the Covenant. They encircled the wall of Jericho once a day for the first six days, and then encircled the city seven times on the seventh day. After the sound of the shofar (horn) sounded a great blow, the Israelites shouted and the city walls fell beneath them.

Following God's law , the Israelites killed every man and woman of every age, as well as the oxen, sheep, and donkeys. Only Rahab, her parents, brothers and all "those who belonged to her" were spared. They were incorporated into Israel. Joshua then cursed anybody who rebuilt the foundations and gates, with the deaths of their firstborn and youngest child respectively. This was eventually fulfilled by Hiel the Bethelite under King Ahab 's reign.

Military historians use Jericho as an example of the use of a diversion (the marching band), intelligence (says) and special forces (who climbed the rope) to infiltrate and use a surprise attack from the rear.

Naturally, since I'm an atheist, i use the above quotation on red to argue that "God's Law" endorsed genocide.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.5  al Jizzerror  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.3    7 months ago
"Joshua Fought The Battle of Jericho".

Here's the song performed by Elvis:

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.6  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.4    7 months ago

Friend Al, a distinction has to be made here: Joshua was an Israelite born, lived, and ultimately died under the Law of Moses. To be clear, Christians are not Jews and are not followers of Moses or the Law. (Despite how Seventh-Day Adventists, Jehovah Witness, and some church denominations loosely connect themselves to the Old Testament and Moses.)

I can fully understand the confusion, because Christians, generally do not make the distinction plain to each new generation of believers which come into their midst or under their pastoral teachings. They just allow the Old Testament to 'bleed' into the blood-stream of Christianity without a difference.

Christianity has as it purpose - love, charity, hope, and faith. When Christians collectively band together to do injury to others . . .they are acting outside of their faith (and in their flesh).

Peace.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.7  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.5    7 months ago

What an UPLIFTING rendition of the song. The great Elvis Presley - my, my, my. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Professor Guide
6.2.8  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.1    7 months ago

Is there such a thing as a good HOLY MAN, that doesn't promote violence?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.4    7 months ago
Naturally, since I'm an atheist, i use the above quotation on red to argue that "God's Law" endorsed genocide.

Glad that they were ineffective and we still have oxen,  sheep and donkeys.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.2.3    7 months ago
Down, down, down, down, down Tumblin' down

Is that where John Mellancamp got that?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.11  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6.2.8    7 months ago
Is there such a thing as a good HOLY MAN, that doesn't promote violence?

Yes-- in most forms of Buddhism  and many Hindu sects.

Also some religions are non violent such as Ba'hai, Jainism, Quakers, a few others. Possibly Zoroastrianism? And many forms of Buddhism.

I will never adhere to any single religion or guru (Astrologically I have Uranus in the 12th house). But the path I can relate to most strongly is Taoism. (And for me Zen Buddhism runs a close second).

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.12  Krishna  replied to  CB @6.2.6    7 months ago

Well, IMO< there are some individual Christians who do really get it-- who are really spiritual. And while I don't observe any western religions, I sometimes like Christian spirituals-- and especially gregorian chants!

But here's a spiritual that I feel really captures the true meaning of "spirit":

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.13  CB  replied to  Krishna @6.2.12    7 months ago

The late great Mahalia Jackson: 

Mahalia Jackson - Joshua Fit The Battle of Jericho

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.14  al Jizzerror  replied to  Krishna @6.2.12    7 months ago
gregorian chants!

Are you familiar with Mongolian throat singing?

Professor Guide
6.2.15  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.10    7 months ago

I am certain of it!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.16  Krishna  replied to  CB @6.2.2    7 months ago
Consider these two versus from the New Testament

I'd rather not!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    7 months ago

I remember that one

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.4  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    7 months ago

Well I went through seven years of Parochial school and we never did anything like that.

You must have went to the Shiite Catholic school …..

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7  al Jizzerror    7 months ago

My first experience with anti-social media on the Internet was YouTube.  I saw a video called The Blasphemy Challenge.

That video requested atheists to post "blasphemy videos" denying the existence of God.

I posted my first video.  It was a humorous "equal opportunity" video where I denied the existence of the God of every major religion.

The video generated thousands of comments.

Most of the Jews who commented thought the video was hilarious.

Many Christian fundamentalists told me I would go to Hell.

The majority of the comments were from Muslims, who threatened to kill me and my entire family.

So I deleted my account and established a fake identity so I could remain anonymous.

Professor Guide
7.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  al Jizzerror @7    7 months ago

That is the GREAT difference between these so-called great religions.

I would not call any of them great. War is what they worship, death is what their follower receives, and wealth goes to their leaders. Very little has changed.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @7.1    7 months ago
War is what they worship, death is what their follower receives, and wealth goes to their leaders.

They sound like Stalin or Mao or other communists.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @7.1    7 months ago
That is the GREAT difference between these so-called great religions.I would not call any of them great. War is what they worship, death is what their follower receives, and wealth goes to their leaders. Very little has changed.

There are Bhuddists who are not like that. Also others..

(It used to amaze me how ignorant of other religions many of Americansare...but after years on Social Media it really no longer surprises me).

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
8  al Jizzerror    7 months ago

I then posted videos where I attacked the "eHadis" who loved to post death threats.

Jihadis are violent Muslims who are willing to fight and die for Allah (including suicide bombers).  Jihadis apparently believe that Allah is an impotent God who needs mortals to fight his battles.

Butt, Jihadis don't post (or comment on) YouTube videos.  I started calling the YouTube Jihadis "eHadis".  They bravely participate on YouTube because they believe Allah is an ignorant illiterate with no Internet skills, who needs mortals to courageously type for Him.

Over the next few years, I posted lots of videos and I received thousands of profanity laced death threats.  It was hilarious!

As one of my videos reached a measly 25,000 views, As the video received more views, YouTube sent me three separate invitations to become a "partner" so they could run advertising (and I would be paid).  I refused so they deleted all of my videos and "suspended" my account.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  Krishna  replied to  al Jizzerror @8    7 months ago
As one of my videos reached a measly 25,000 views, As the video received more views, YouTube sent me three separate invitations to become a "partner" so they could run advertising (and I would be paid).  I refused so they deleted all of my videos and "suspended" my account.

This is a bit off topic but I have found out that there are several ways to make money on Youtube. You can run short ads on your video and make even more, but you canmake money without ads.

I believe YouTube will pay you if you have a certin number of views? Also, many there use theirchannel to sell "Merch"-- merchandise. T shirts, mugs etc with your logo if they are big followers. It sounds stupid, but the amount you can make if you know how is a lot!

Professor Guide
9  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    7 months ago

I believed in GOD, but not any religion.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @9    7 months ago
I believed in GOD, but not any religion.

Many people would say that you are spiritual, but not religious.

IIMO "religious" means you look outside yourself, to priests or gurus who tell you what sort of "Higher Power" to believe in-- but spiritual means you "look within" to get in touch with Spirit.

I also believe each of us has a higher purpose in this lifetime (but its not what some religious clergy tells you)> 

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure our true selves (our "spirit" for lack of a better word) is eternal-- and keeps reincarnating.

And that trained people ("mediums") can get in touch with the spirits of deceased beings. Heck, I've experienced it-- and I've taken classes related to that.

(Yes, there are charletons and con artists, but the concept is true).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10  Sparty On    7 months ago

Yes, i wanna kill …….

[jrEmbed module="jrYouTube" youtube_id="-NzFJxX8yoY"]

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sparty On @10    7 months ago

I was "processed" at the same Induction center.

I wasn't a fucking amoral litterbug like Arlo.

So I received a "1-A" on my draft card.

I was 19 years old when Nixon decided to draft 19 years olds.

Then I finally won something - the draft lottery.

So I joined the Navy to avoid Vietnam.

I didn't kill anyone.

I actually enjoyed serving.

BTW, Trump received a "4-F" ( unfit for military service).

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1    7 months ago

Joining the Navy was a good decision.

Yes, Trump, Clinton and Biden all found ways to avoid the draft.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1    7 months ago

Good for you.    

In my family we all have served willingly and proudly.   No draft required.   Starting in the Revolutionary war with family members serving in virtual every war and conflict since.

Different strokes for different folks.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.1    7 months ago
Yes, Trump, Clinton and Biden all found ways to avoid the draft.

Yep, butt Trump was the only one who was "4-F".

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1.3    7 months ago

ep, butt Trump was the only one who was "4-F"

Biden and Trump received the same 1(y) exemption. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1.5  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.2    7 months ago
In my family we all have served willingly and proudly.

That's awesome!  You come from a family of heroes.

My dad was a highly decorated Naval fighter pilot in WWII (and eventually retired after 27years of active duty service).

He was the first member of my family born in the USA.

My grandmother was pregnant with him when my grand parents came through Ellis Island (from Scotland).

My brother was also a Naval officer.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1.5    7 months ago
You come from a family of heroes.

Your words not mine.    We simply value service over self in my family.    Like millions of others before and after us.

A characteristic missing in many folks these days.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1.7  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.1.4    7 months ago
Biden and Trump received the same 1(y) exemption.

Trump eventually received a "4-F".

While in college, Trump obtained four student draft deferments during the Vietnam War era. [11] In 1966, he was deemed fit for military service based upon a medical examination, and in July 1968, a local draft board classified him as eligible to serve. [12] In October 1968, he was classified 1-Y , a conditional medical deferment, [13] and in 1972, he was reclassified 4-F due to bone spurs , permanently disqualifying him from service. [14]

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1.8  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    7 months ago
We simply value service over self

That's heroic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1.8    7 months ago

We have a different definition of “hero,”     Service should be respected but not necessarily considered heroic.    Nope, not by itself.

Professor Guide
10.1.10  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.1    7 months ago

Being in the Military Service does not immediately qualify one for public office.  However, it is used by many as the sole reason to be elected to public office.

Charlatan, B.S. Artists, Con Artists, Scum Bays, and other deadbeat creatures are drawn to elected office because that is the quickest way they can get RICH, taking bribes from the Super Rich, like Clarence Thomas, John Roberts, Neil Gorsuch, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh.

When the MAJORITY of the Republicans in the Supreme Court are unethical, gold diggers, you know your government is in TROUBLE.

Or, at least you should know it. They (SCOTUS) don't seem to give a damn what American Citizens think of them.  It, too, is all about the MONEY, Honey!

VOTE Every DAMN REPUBLICAN OUT OF OFFICE, anywhere in America. They are no longer a political organization, they are a CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE.

All that I can say is that they are SCREWING YOU, too. Even if you are a die-hard MAGA LOON!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @10.1.10    7 months ago
Being in the Military Service does not immediately qualify one for public

No, it doesn’t,

However, it is used by many as the sole reason to be elected to public office.

You may be comforted to know the prior service is at a historical low in our Congress.

Professor Guide
10.1.12  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.1.4    7 months ago

Trump paid a physician to lie about his bone spur. (4 times)

Professor Guide
10.1.13  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1.3    7 months ago

And, Trump is the ONLY president that called soldiers KILLED in COMBAT,
"Suckers"!

We can't white-wash Trump's cruelty, we can only keep him and his elk out of public office.

Donnie is NUTS. He is not the VOICE of the Common Man! He is the voice of the "Common Ass Hole"!256  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @10.1.12    7 months ago

Yes, you would think that if it was the same lie, you should only have to pay once.

Clinton didn’t have to pay, since he lied for himself.

It’s less clear with Biden, did he lie and the doctor chose to believe him or did he have the doctor lie and had to pay.

Professor Guide
10.1.15  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @10.1.13    7 months ago

My "sauces" claim that the Dumpster is headed for a dumpster.

Professor Guide
10.1.16  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.14    7 months ago

Drinker of the Wry:

Take another drink. There is no Tit for Tat between Trump & Biden.

Trump is NUTS, a threat to our NATION, and tied to Putin like a chained Bull Dog to an iron stake.

Professor Guide
10.1.17  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.2    7 months ago

Yes!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @10.1.16    7 months ago

I spoke nothing about Tits or Tats.  I affirmed that all three avoided the draft through lies.

Professor Guide
10.1.19  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.18    7 months ago

Accusing Trump of lying is Standard Operating Procedure.

Assuming that the other lied to get out of the draft, which many did during the Vietnam War, is a bit over the top. Accusing both parties of committing the same violations is effortless, but not necessarily true.

Drinker of the Wry, you are a brilliant, gifted guy I respect. I loved your satirical wit. But your politics need some tweaking.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @10.1.19    7 months ago
Assuming that the other lied to get out of the draft, which many did during the Vietnam War, is a bit over the top.

Why is that over the top.  Is Trump also excused because “many did”?

Accusing both parties of committing the same violations is effortless, but not necessarily true.

I didn’t accuse Parties, I accused three individuals.

It is true, it’s easily confirmed that Clinton deferred the draft by joining ROTC and the lied and evaded his commitment.  Joe got a medical disqualification for childhood asthma he though he was able to be a lifeguard and play school football.

But your politics need some tweaking.

I wrote about history not politics in this thread.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.21  Krishna  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1    7 months ago
I was "processed" at the same Induction center.

I wasn't a fucking amoral litterbug like Arlo.

So I received a "1-A" on my draft card.

I missed it-- which center was that?

BTW I had the same experience, (at a different center) and in fact I waited on the Group W Bench (or whatever it was called) and went into the room with the shrink for individual evaluation.

As should be obvious to anyone who knows me, I was extremely mentally unstable so I didn't get a 1-A but rather a 1-Y (IIRC that meant not to be drafted unless the Commies were actually invading the U,S..-- or words to that effect.

Professor Guide
11  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    7 months ago

When the WORLD STANDS STILL will the SHAT still hit the fan, or will T-Rump Bone Spur be reduced to flinging it by hand to feed his CRAVEN followers?

We are asking for a Chicken-Shat Friend, perhaps you know them, they are tribal folks, who don't dare to ask questions for themselves.

He/She is, of course, Horse, a Re-Puritan with His/Her head so far up the Orange Heathen's Arse that all they can see, hear, or smell is odious ORANGE SHAT!

Who, in their right mind, after all of the evidence has been exposed about the CAREER CRIMINAL, would support such a demented critter?

Can't they SUCK at another fountain?

Professor Guide
12  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    7 months ago

Jamming with the diluted is like shooting fish in a barrel with a machine gun. What has happened to the Republican Party?

Marjorie Taylor Green (Jewish Laser Expert) currently banging Kevin (Spineless) McCarty.

Lauren Boebert (Fondler Excellent) took three times to pass her GED. Now, this former "Call Girl, is a key player in the Re-Public-KKKan Party of STUPID!

George Santos, like Trump, COMPULSIVE LIAR, indicted for fraud, lying to Congress, and a dozen more pending criminal investigations, including one for being so f*&^ing ugly, the D.C. police are called on him every freakin' frackin' night he walks his dog.

The list could go on for days.

125 Republicans VOTED "NO" on certifying the 2020 election based on BULL CHIPS thrown at them by the DEMENTED CRIMINAL "Dirty Diaper Donnie"!

Can you guess where the Bull Chips were manufactured?

Please, Kids, our country is not a playground for disgruntled, angry, H.S. dropouts unable to get a good job because, even at work, they bubble over with HATE.

Chill out, if you can't distinguish "right from wrong", perhaps you shouldn't be voting.

PS:

Trump is HIRING (sort of) WIPERS! There is always jobs for his fans.