╌>

Biden Admin Readies Plans To Evacuate Thousands Of Americans From Israel And Lebanon

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  52 comments

By:   dailycaller

Biden Admin Readies Plans To Evacuate Thousands Of Americans From Israel And Lebanon
The Biden administration is readying plans for mass evacuations of American citizens from Middle East hotspots amid fears of significant escalation.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Biden administration is readying plans for mass evacuations of American citizens from Middle East hotspots amid fears of significant escalation of violence in the region, The Washington Post reported.

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. citizens could require rescue from Israel and Lebanon if the war between Israel and Gaza spills over into neighboring states, raising the prospect of the largest noncombat evacuation in recent memory, the Post reported, citing four U.S. officials familiar with the government's contingency planning. Hezbollah in Lebanon and other Iran-backed militant groups throughout the Middle East have stepped up violence since the war's onset and threatened to escalate further once Israel commences its planned ground operation in Gaza.

Although a complete evacuation of Americans at such a scale is considered among the worst case scenarios, the administration "would be irresponsible not to have a plan for everything," one official told the Post. (RELATED: Rapid Response Force Of 2,000 US Marines Heading Toward Israel: REPORT)

The State Department estimated roughly 600,000 U.S. citizens were living Israel and another 86,000 in Lebanon as of Oct. 7, when Hamas launched brutal terrorist attacks on Israeli communities, the Post reported.

Cross-border airstrikes between Israel and Lebanon have grown in intensity since the war started, prompting Israel to empty communities in northern Israel that are most vulnerable to Hezbollah's attacks, The New York Times reported. Biden administration officials worry about the prospect of Hezbollah launching a full-scale attack and forcing Israel to engage in a two-front war.

The Biden administration is openly supportive of Israel's forthcoming operations, the Post reported. However, in recent days, officials have begun contemplating the massive logistical problem of getting hundreds of thousands of U.S. citizens out of a war zone, people familiar with the discussions said.

"This has become a real issue," one official told the Post. "The administration is very, very, very worried that this thing is going to get out of hand."

Adding to the risk, Iran-backed militias in Iraq and Syria, after promising to engage if the U.S. militarily intervened in Israel, are now sending drones and rockets at bases housing American troops. The frequency of such attacks and rhetoric surrounding them have alarmed the Pentagon.

Marines with Battalion Landing Team 1/6, @26MEU board a CH-53E Super Stallion while embarked on the amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (LHD 5), Arabian Gulf. The Bataan Amphibious Ready Group and 26th MEU(SOC) are deployed to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations. @USMCpic.twitter.com/dGPylWZwJk
— II MEF (@iimefmarines) October 23, 2023

The Pentagon warned Monday that Iran and its proxy militias in the Middle East intend to escalate conflict by attacking U.S. troops based in the region.

"What has happened in the last several days is efforts by Iran and Iranian proxy forces in an attempt to escalate this conflict," a senior defense official said Monday.

"We see a much more significant prospect for conflict in the near term," the official continued, adding that U.S. forces are prepared for any potential escalation

The National Security Council did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation's request for comment.

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter's byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

"The administration is very, very, very worried that this thing is going to get out of hand."

Starting with American bases being fired upon. Has the military been allowed to respond?

This is the cost of weakness.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
Starting with American bases being fired upon. Has the military been allowed to respond?

They certainly have. US air strikes wiped out terrorist group in Syria that was supported by Iran's Republican Guard.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1    last year
US air strikes wiped out terrorist group in Syria that was supported by Iran's Republican Guard.

I'm glad to hear an entire terrorist group was wiped out. Can you provide me with a link.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    last year

I didn't say an ''entire'' group but if that is how you interpreted it fine but it was part of the group to clarify it for you.

Can you provide me with a link.

You ask questions and when you get an answer you want a link. If you had done a simple Google search you wouldn't be so surprised when you get an answer.

BTW, the Israel struck two airfields in Syria as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    last year

I've seen plenty of stories on my own. The phrase wiped out terrorist group is what caught my attention.

So, they didn't wipe out an entire group.

Got it.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    last year

VOA? Ah yes ... the news organization that pissed off Trump for not praising him sufficiently and so he fired the heads and replaced them with non-journalist sycophants.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    last year
I've seen plenty of stories on my own.

Before or after Kavika's comment?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.4    last year

Do not deflect. The topic is weakness on the world stage.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.5    last year

He made a comment and a clarification. Which one is it?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    last year
So, they didn't wipe out an entire group.

Got it.

You didn't get it at all, it sounds more like CYA since this was your question.

Starting with American bases being fired upon. Has the military been allowed to respond? This is the cost of weakness.

Do you mean striking a terrorist group is a sign of weakness or have US Troops stationed in Syria that are fighting IS,  The United States has around 900 troops in northeastern Syria to keep pressure on the remnants of the militant Islamic State group and support the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    last year
He made a comment and a clarification. Which one is it?

Look up and it sounds like you no information on this other than what I'm posting for you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    last year
Do not deflect. The topic is weakness on the world stage.

Yes it is and if anyone is deflecting it would be you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    last year
You didn't get it at all

I got every bit of it. You said a terrorist group was wiped out. Then you said you didn't mean an entire terrorist group.

Do you mean striking a terrorist group is a sign of weakness or have US Troops stationed in Syria that are fighting IS,  The United States has around 900 troops in northeastern Syria to keep pressure on the remnants of the militant Islamic State group and support the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces.

If you are asking me what I mean by weakness on the world stage: I mean having a president who resists blaming Iran for all these groups, pressures an ally, one that was brutally attacked to delay a counterattack and has US forces responding only when attacked. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.9    last year
it sounds like you no information on this other than what I'm posting for you.

I asked for a link. I already had the information. I knew that an entire terrorist group hadn't been destroyed.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.10    last year

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    last year
The topic is weakness on the world stage.

No it's not, it's about evacuating hundreds of thousands of americans. You morphed the article into the usual crap our readers are tired of choking on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.14    last year

That is not what our readers are choking on.

What they don't like are these faux intellectuals who think they are Gore Vidal.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.12    last year
I asked for a link. I already had the information.

So why ask for a link? This is getting ridiculous. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.12    last year

LMAO, why ask for a link if you already had the information and why ask the question in the first place? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.16    last year
So why ask for a link?

That should be obvious to anyone who is as astute as you are.

I had read the reports and nowhere did I see anything on a Terrorist group being wiped out. I simply wanted to see where he got that from.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.17    last year

I always wanted to debate two of you at the same time.

Anyone else?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    last year

Now who thinks he's Gore Vidal?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.20    last year

What did you ask me to do?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.15    last year
What they don't like are these faux intellectuals who think they are Gore Vidal.

They also do not appreciate those fake manly types who think they are Ernest Hemingway.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.22    last year

Quoting Hemingway does not mean comparing oneself to Hemingway.

Nobody bought that.

Did you want to talk about the topic?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    last year
Did you want to talk about the topic?

Which topic, the one in the article or the one you twisted it into?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.24    last year

Take your time. Let us know.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    last year
If you are asking me what I mean by weakness on the world stage: I mean having a president who resists blaming Iran for all these groups, pressures an ally, one that was brutally attacked to delay a counterattack and has US forces responding only when attacked. 

You are getting beyond ridiculous, LMAO. Biden condemned Hamas immediately after the attack and pledged US support which has been flowing into Israel.

Biden also warned all players in the ME to stay out of the conflict.

Pressuring an ally to delay a counterattack. I wrote a very long response to that in a prior article. 

and has US forces responding only when attacked. 

That makes sense. Who do you recommend that we attack now, Iran, Syria, Helbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Russia, China, how about Mexico.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    last year
I always wanted to debate two of you at the same time.Anyone else?

LOL, all it means is that you lose twice in a hot minute.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.25    last year
Take your time. Let us know.

Thank you, and on your part let us know when you stop digging rabbit holes. 

... and it's uisce beatha time. Cheers!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.29  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.26    last year
Biden condemned Hamas immediately after the attack and pledged US support which has been flowing into Israel.

Those were very nice words.

Biden also warned all players in the ME to stay out of the conflict.

He said "Don't." He said it twice.

Pressuring an ally to delay a counterattack. I wrote a very long response to that in a prior article.

I recall that. It reminded me of something Neville Chamberlain said. I don't think a strong note of protest was respected then, nor now.

Who do you recommend

Preemptive strikes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @1.1.14    last year

And that's the truth!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.27    last year
LOL, all it means is that you lose twice in a hot minute.

You never did crawl out from a terrorist group was wiped out.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Hallux  replied to  Kavika @1.1.26    last year
Who do you recommend that we attack now,

Canada of course, nothing but indigenous commies up here!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.20    last year

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @1.1.22    last year

OUCH!  That's gotta hurt!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1.28    last year
a terrorist group was wiped out.

As your mentor might say: "Always on the left and always in the wrong!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.36  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.34    last year

We'll give you the last word.

You got here late.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.36    last year

I have to work for a living

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    last year

"Preemptive strikes"

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    last year
Preemptive strikes.

You would love that. What with so many americans residing in the middle east you would be able to blame Biden for their deaths.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @1.1.39    last year

"Preemptive strikes"

Simply deplorable

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.35    last year

projection

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.42  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    last year
Those were very nice words.

And accurate and munitions to back it up. Too bad that you are so removed from the situation that you not aware of material support by the US.

He said "Don't." He said it twice.

That was a warning as much as you can't bring yourself to admit it.

I recall that. It reminded me of something Neville Chamberlain said. I don't think a strong note of protest was respected then, nor now.

I don't think you recall it at all or you are trying to BS your way once again. It had nothing to do with a note of protest or Neville Chamberlain...It was the military doctrine used by the US and other countries in this type of situation, but I can understand if it went over your head never having been in the military it was certainly above your pay grade.

Preemptive strikes.

I posted a number of countries and terrorist organizations to choose from, which are your choices?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.31    last year
You never did crawl out from a terrorist group was wiped out.

I don't have to crawl out from under it, I stated clearly that it wasn't the entire group. You, on the other hand, have nothing to debate with so it's best for you to drag up something tha has been answered and is just a minor issue that pursuing makes one look rather ridiculous.

Carry on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    last year

I bought it.  He's correct.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.45  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.44    last year

There you go!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    last year

The trouble is, as reported elsewhere, they'll only be taken out of harm's way, and not to the US.

They will also have to pay for their own airfare.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @2    last year

Yes, it’s tough to pay the way for Americans when you have so many illegal aliens and Ukrainian wars to pay for …..

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3  Right Down the Center    last year

"The Biden administration is readying plans for mass evacuations of American citizens from Middle East hotspots amid fears of significant escalation of violence in the region"

Based on what he has done to get Americans out the first week of the war this probably means he is giving all Americans the a copy of the train and plane schedules, a bottle of water and an English to Arabic translation book .

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year

Hope it works better than the Afghanistan fiasco.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    last year

I had to check the red box rules before I responded. 

It will be harder to blame Trump if things go wrong this time, but I am sure they will try.