╌>

Egypt Fighting Pressure to Accept Gaza Refugees

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  9 months ago  •  24 comments

By:   By Hana Levi Julian

Egypt Fighting Pressure to Accept Gaza Refugees
El-Sisi has made it clear he wants nothing to do with it, and has categorically refused to take in Gaza refugees.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Pressure on Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is growing for Cairo to agree to accept refugees from Gaza as Israel continues its ground operation to rid the enclave of its barbaric ruling Hamas terrorist organization.

We are prepared to sacrifice millions of lives to ensure that no one encroaches upon our territory,” said Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, according to a WSJ report.

El-Sisi has made it clear he wants nothing to do with it, and has categorically refused to take in Gaza refugees, which he insists would dissolve the “Palestinian cause.”

And of course, that is the cudgel used by Cairo, Amman, Riyadh and other Arab states for more than half a century to beat the State of Israel into submission on various diplomatic issues – and which is used to keep the pot of Arab discontent and internal threat simmering against Israel.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    9 months ago

Egypt Fighting Pressure To Accept Gaza Refugees.

We are prepared to sacrifice millions of lives to ensure that no one encroaches upon our territory,” said Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, according to a WSJ report.

Wassup up with these Egyptians for Chrissakes!? 

They're sounding less and less like Egyptian Arabs-- and more like Republican MAGA Republicans every day!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    9 months ago

Egypt Fighting Pressure To Accept Gaza Refugees.

“We are prepared to sacrifice millions of lives to ensure that no one encroaches upon our territory,” said Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, according to a WSJ report.

Wassup up with these Egyptians for Chrissakes!? 

Most of the Arab world keeps yapping about how Israel should "End the Occupation"-- and take in thousands pf Palestinians. 

That makes no sense at all-- why would Israel want to take in these people-- if even their fellow Arabs don't want them?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    9 months ago

Gaza has at least 2 border crossings One in Egypt and one (or two?) to Israel.

Israel closed theirs when the crazy Gazans shot them up.

Egypt has one (Rafah) And the Egyptians don't mess around-- if any Gazans tried to attack Rafah-- or kill any Egyptian border guard-- Egypt get nasty real quick!

Currently Egypt won't let anyone leave via Rafah crossing . . . 

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     9 months ago

I just heard that Egypt is taking 81 patients from the hospital in Gaza who need to be moved and will be treated in an Egyptian hospital.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @5    9 months ago
just heard that Egypt is taking 81 patients from the hospital in Gaza who need to be moved and will be treated in an Egyptian hospital.

That's good news!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    9 months ago

As I have said before, the Arab states in the area do not give a flying fuck about the Palestinians. In fact, they WANT the Palestinians to exist in their current state because it gives them an excuse to continue their hostile posture towards Israel without having to flat out admit they desire the eradication of the Jews generally.

Notice how their Arab neighbors never lift a finger to actually help the Palestinians. They are happy to arm the extremists in Gaza knowing full well the Israelis will respond to the various attacks and more Palestinians will die. That is the point. For the Arabs, the only good Palestinian is a dead one.

Hamas and the various Muslim states that support them are entirely responsible for every death in Gaza right now. Israel wouldn’t be doing any of this if those fucks hadn’t murdered over 1000 people in ways that would make the Vikings proud. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    9 months ago

As well as for the reason of supporting trouble for the Israelis, no nation wants the Palestinians and Gazans because they are known to be useless troublemakers and terrorist-minded who would be much more of a burden than a benefit.  Even Jordan, with a majority Palestinian population, won't take them in.  Yet still, among the fools and bleeding hearts of the world, support for them thrives. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    9 months ago
no nation wants the Palestinians and Gazans because they are known to be useless troublemakers and terrorist-minded  

Arab countries have turned their backs on the Palestinians.  Their best friends are the US left.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    9 months ago

There are 4 or 5 million Palestinians in Israel. If no one wants them, what should happen to them ? 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    9 months ago

I understand that there is a lot of available property in near-by Syria.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    9 months ago

There is always our Southern Border.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.3    9 months ago

I didnt ask you. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    9 months ago
There are 4 or 5 million Palestinians in Israel. If no one wants them, what should happen to them ? 

Let them go to Iran.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    9 months ago
I didnt ask you. 

No mater JR, I'm always happy to answer you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    9 months ago

Buzz says no one wants them. Thats why I asked Buzz. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.8    9 months ago
Buzz says no one wants them.

Buzz is right.

The majority of Palestinians do not favor a two-state solution, nor does the majority of Israelis.

Iran is as good a place as any for them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.9    9 months ago

Tell us everything you know about this issue. 30 seconds should cover it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.10    9 months ago

FFS, please stop pretending as if only you understand things. We already have someone for that.

I'll ask again:

What should Israel do to best protect its citizens?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.11    9 months ago

Stop asking me questions and comment on the seeds and articles. I have said what I think all over this forum.  I am not going to repeat shit on your whim. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    9 months ago

Here is my answer to your question to me, JR.

If they would become peaceful productive people they wouldn't have to go anywhere.  However they're happy to survive by being nourished through the donations they receive from the nations of the world and the only UNRWA unit devoted to a specific group of refugees - after all, when it comes to refugees, the Palestinians and Gazans are SPECIAL, and have been refugees for 75 years.  Are there any other "refugees" anywhere in the world who remain "refugees" for more than a small fraction of that time?.

Let me ask YOU a question, JR.  WHY DON'T other nations, even Arab/Muslim nations, want to take them in?  You're lucky.  Your nation took in one who became a very vocal lawmaker in your government, one who is trying to make herself the cause of what could be the demise of the Democrats at the next election.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.13    9 months ago
Are there any other "refugees" anywhere in the world who remain "refugees" for more than a small fraction of that time?.

I'm sure you know that Palestinians do not consider themselves to be refugees. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.14    9 months ago

Really?  Then why haven't they stopped taking UNRWA handouts?  Could it be because the money can be used to pay the jailed terrorists and support their families as a reward for killing Jews?  And what of my next question, JR?  Why don't other nations, even Arab/Muslim ones, want to take them in?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.14    9 months ago
I'm sure you know that Palestinians do not consider themselves to be refugees. 

I think that they see themselves as multigenerational professional refugees.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    9 months ago

"Gazans because they are known to be useless troublemakers and terrorist-minded who would be much more of a burden than a benefit. "

That is the best description of then I have seen here