╌>

Donald Trump's Golf Courses Struggling for Customers as Discounts Offered

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  11 months ago  •  93 comments

By:   Kate Plummer (Newsweek)

Donald Trump's Golf Courses Struggling for Customers as Discounts Offered
With lots of booking availability and customer discounts, it appears former President Trump's Miami golf course is struggling.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Kate Plummer FOLLOW

Donald Trump's golf courses appear to be struggling to attract customers, with discounts for tee times being offered online.

There appears to be close to full availability for tee times at Trump National Doral Golf Club in Miami on Sunday, with 93 slots listed at the time of writing, according to its website. For some of those tee times, the club is offering discounts between $11 and $45. It comes amid wider reports that the Republican's golf businesses are struggling.

Newsweek reached out to representatives for Trump and Trump National Doral Gold Club via email for comment.

Financial filings made available in 2020 showed that Doral made a profit of $4.3 million on $75 million of revenue in 2017. Revenue fell to less than $45 million in 2020.

Meanwhile, Trump spent more than $300 million in cash purchasing and developing the Scottish resorts in Ayrshire and Aberdeenshire, which lost more than $8 million in 2020, and $5.3 million in 2021, records show.

Former President Donald Trump plays at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on August 10, 2023. Some of Trump's golf clubs appear to be struggling.Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images

The 15 courses the former president owns around the world lost over $315 million over 20 years, according to a New York Times report from 2020.

However, Trump's FEC disclosures showed him earning as much as $555 million through his golf course assets between January 2022 and April 14, 2023, Sportico reported earlier this year—roughly half of the $1.2 billion in income he specified as having received during that time period.

Some of the former president's courses are part of the subject of a lawsuit from New York Attorney General Letitia James alleging that Trump and top executives at The Trump Organization conspired to increase his net worth by billions of dollars on financial statements provided to banks and insurers to make deals and secure loans.

In 2014, Trump valued his Aberdeenshire golf club at $327 million. The valuation was said to have been reached on the assumption he had the right to build 2,500 luxury homes in the area, despite him only having approval to build fewer than 1,500 apartments and golf villas.

Trump is also alleged to have valued the Trump International Golf Links Scotland resort in Turnberry using a fixed-assets scheme, meaning it did not take into account any depreciation of the asset between 2017 and 2021.

New York prosecutors said that Trump's valuation was, therefore, "false and misleading" as the golf course has operated at a loss each year since it opened in 2017.

In September, Judge Arthur Engoron issued a partial summary of the civil fraud trial, ruling that Trump grossly inflated the value of his assets to obtain more favorable terms from lenders and insurers, and his order cancels any certificates filed under New York General Business Law Section 130. If Trump filed any golf clubs under Section 130, they are canceled.

One of Trump's two Empire State-based golf courses—Trump National Golf Club Westchester—is currently registered as a New York domestic LLC, while the other, TNGC Hudson Valley, which is based in Hopewell Junction, is under the ownership of a Delaware LLC.

Another defendant in the civil fraud case, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, is the holding company of the Doral golf club.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    11 months ago

original

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    11 months ago

If there is almost no one golfing there anymore, I guess he will win every tournament they have there in the future. He will thus become the greatest golfer in history, probably even get his face on Time magazine for the billionth time. 

th?id=OIP.MDSuyImPVKsR2cteS3SDwgHaE8&w=80&h=80&c=1&vt=10&bgcl=3031e8&r=0&o=6&pid=5.1

Fake Trump 'Time' Magazine Covers Hang in His Golf …

Web Jun 27, 2017  · The Bulletin. Your daily briefing of everything you need to know. There was, in fact, no  Time cover  on the date stated on the front of …
  • Estimated Reading Time:  3 mins

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2    11 months ago

Wow, I have a picture of my kids going over Niagara Falls in a barrel hanging in our rec room.  Should I get rid of it because they never actually went over Niagara Falls in a barrel?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    11 months ago

Unbelievable.  The depths you guys sink to to legitimize the most prolific fraudster in American history is nauseating.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    11 months ago

I dont know? Are you running for president?

It is known that Donald Trump regularly cheats at golf. It is known that he has trophies in his office that show him as the winner of golf tournaments that no one else but him played in. It is known that he has numerous fake Time magazine covers hanging at his golf properties. It is known that he brags about being on the cover of Time magazine more than anyone else in history even as he has fake Time magazine covers up on his walls.

I know YOU dont give a shit, but it is fair to describe all that garbage as not being presidential. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    11 months ago

The funny thing is that there are plenty of legitimate Time covers with Trump, it’s just that most are highly embarrassing for him.  He’s such a joke that he has to make up ones where he seems respectable.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.1    11 months ago

The best you have is a fake Time cover?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.4    11 months ago

The best you have is nothing. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    11 months ago
I know YOU dont give a shit, but it is fair to describe all that garbage as not being presidential.

You are right, I don't give a shit if he has fake trophies.  What is sad is that some think having them is not presidential.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.6    11 months ago

lol. 

You are one of those people that "dont support" Trump in any way shape or form but still might vote for him even though he is a known traitor. Why should anyone take anything you say about any of this seriously ? 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    11 months ago

That is good.  I would rather have nothing than a certain ailment that trump haters seem to still have.  His golf course is appear to be struggling to attract customers and he has a fake Times cover.  Wow, stop the presses.  Good grief, is that the level being stooped to?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    11 months ago

Unlike some here that really really really need to be taken seriously I really really really don't care.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.9    11 months ago

Well, I dont care that you dont care. I gave my last shit about most Trump supporters a long time ago. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.11  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    11 months ago

Well I don't care that you don't care that I don't care.  Your turn.

I still have hope for some liberals.  More and more are seeing the light.  Even my very liberal BIL is asking WTF are they teaching at college?  And WTF is with the weak response by so many Dems and colleges?  And WTF is up with the ignorant protesters.  I don't think he is ready to change his vote yet but he is beginning to say if the dems don't want him (he is Jewish) .................. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.11    11 months ago

That’s all you’ve got?  Your Jewish BIL who isn’t ready to stop voting for democrats but maybe might be thinking about it theoretically?  Lol

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.12    11 months ago

That is more than a possible struggling golf course and a Time cover from 2017 not being presidential. 

Have you been watching the news?  It seems Joe is taking a hit by both Muslims and Jewish people.  And the interesting thing is there is no way he can make both of those groups happy

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.8    11 months ago
a certain ailment that trump haters seem to still have.

The only person who truly suffers from TDS is Trump himself.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @2.1.14    11 months ago

While he is probably patient zero he is hardly the only one suffering from it. This article is proof of that.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.15    11 months ago
This article is proof of that.

As are the 100s of BDS articles seeded in this glass greenhouse. Your hands are as just as soiled.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.17  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @2.1.16    11 months ago

But but but the other guy. 

How many have I seeded?

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.17    11 months ago
But but but the other guy. 

Nothing new in that, every President has had his entourage of derangement syndrome sufferers encompassing the either/or crowd and the neither/nor bunch.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.17    11 months ago
How many have I seeded?

Seeding is not the only measure.  Your comments excuse / downplay the negatives of Trump.   You have stated that you have not precluded voting for Trump thus you hold open the possibility that you would actually vote for this abysmal human being to be our next PotUS.

Best I can tell your comments regarding Trump / Biden are 100% negative on Biden and 0% negative on Trump.

If I am wrong, set the record straight.   Offer your thoughtful criticism of Trump as a potential PotUS in 2025.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.19    11 months ago

You have stated that you will vote for Biden under certain circumstances, not because he is good or deserving but because he isn't Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.20    11 months ago
You have stated that you will vote for Biden under certain circumstances, not because he is good or deserving but because he isn't Trump

Yes, what is your point?

I have stated that Biden should not run for PotUS.   Numerous times.   He is too old for the job.   Worse, the next in line would, IMO, be a poor PotUS.

I have stated that if Trump is likely to win in a Biden v. Trump matchup that I will vote against Trump.   That means I will vote for Biden to use my single vote against Trump.   If Trump is not the nominee, then I will likely vote for the GOP nominee (especially if Haley).    If Trump has no chance to win and Biden is the D nominee, I will likely vote for someone else.

Now what of this is unclear to you?   And what on Earth is your point?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.21    11 months ago
I have stated that Biden should not run for PotUS.   Numerous times.   He is too old for the job.   Worse, the next in line would, IMO, be a poor PotUS.

And yet, you refuse to rule him out and are considering voting for him. Makes perfect sense...................

Now what of this is unclear to you?

You are suffering from delusions if you think this isn't crystal clear to me.

And what on Earth is your point?

I'll let it rest with you a while, I am confident you'll get it sometime or other.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.22    11 months ago

A question for you. -  Do you rule out voting for Trump in 2024? Simple yes or no question, not complicated at all. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    11 months ago

Damn, I wish people would read more.

I have stated several times I will not vote for Trump.

Will you vote for Biden?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.24    11 months ago
I have stated several times I will not vote for Trump.

... unless

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.25    11 months ago
... unless

Unless nothing. What have you imagined now, ffs?????

I didn't qualify like some: "I will vote for so and so if I think the other so and so has a chance."

I don't play that game.

And why can't you answer if you would vote for Biden or not?

Haven't you been highly critical of people who say they will NOT vote for Trump?

Why don't you expect the same from others?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.26    11 months ago

Of course I am going to vote for Biden. 

Haven't you been highly critical of people who say they will NOT vote for Trump?

That must be a typo on your part. 

If there's no way you could ever vote for Trump, why do you defend him all the time? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.27    11 months ago
That must be a typo on your part. 

Don't get your personal misunderstanding confused with what I wrote.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.29  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.19    11 months ago
Best I can tell your comments regarding Trump / Biden are 100% negative on Biden and 0% negative on Trump.

This is not true

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.30  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.29    11 months ago

What positive things would you be willing to state regarding Biden and/or his presidency?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    11 months ago
It is known that Donald Trump regularly cheats at golf. It is known that he has trophies in his office that show him as the winner of golf tournaments that no one else but him played in. It is known that he has numerous fake Time magazine covers hanging at his golf properties. It is known that he brags about being on the cover of Time magazine more than anyone else in history even as he has fake Time magazine covers up on his walls.

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!  I'm surprised you all haven't called for an indictment about that yet?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.31    11 months ago

Hey now!

Biden Family profits in the millions of dollars from foreigners, but the real pressing issue of the day is fake golf trophies.

Gotta get your priorities straight!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.28    11 months ago
Don't get your personal misunderstanding confused with what I wrote.

What you wrote doesnt make any sense, but if you want to stand by it, go right ahead. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.1    11 months ago

It is indeed, the defense of the indefensible.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    11 months ago

I never gave a shit about a single one of them in the first place.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.36  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.32    11 months ago

but, but, but, what about...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.37  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.32    11 months ago

Sorry.  I got real problems mixed up with the "outrage of the day". 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.36    11 months ago

pithy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.37    11 months ago

where is your faux poutrage???

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.40  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.35    11 months ago

Me, neither. And the ones on NT? I care even less if that's possible

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.41  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.22    11 months ago
And yet, you refuse to rule him out and are considering voting for him. Makes perfect sense......

Amazing that this confuses you.   

I have stated the conditions under which I will vote for Biden.  Thus, for rational minds that can comprehend basic logic, that means I have not ruled out voting for him.

Not sure it is possible to express this in simpler terms.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.41    11 months ago
Amazing that this confuses you.   

Probably not as amazing as the hubris displayed by someone continually thinking others never understand.

I know what you wrote.

You are considering voting for Biden.

What do you think is so deep about that that I wouldn't understand it?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.43  Jack_TX  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.8    11 months ago
His golf course is appear to be struggling to attract customers and he has a fake Times cover.

If you can't see how that threatens the very foundations of democracy... well... you must be a fascist.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.43    11 months ago

😆

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.45  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.44    11 months ago

No smiling.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.45    11 months ago

my apologies!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.47  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.42    11 months ago

I stated:

TiG@2.1.21 ☞ I have stated that Biden should not run for PotUS.   Numerous times.   He is too old for the job.   Worse, the next in line would, IMO, be a poor PotUS.

You replied with:

Texan@2.1.22And yet, you refuse to rule him out and are considering voting for him. Makes perfect sense...................

Note the "and yet" in your comment.   That normally means to English speakers that you are identifying a contradiction.   You then state that I refuse to rule Biden out.

Well, yeah, Texan, if I state that there are conditions I might vote for Biden that means that I have not ruled him out.   Pretty straightforward logic.

So even if I hold the position that Biden should not run for PotUS, if the other guy is Trump and he has a chance to win, I will hold my nose and vote for Biden to counter a vote for Trump.

Have you now figured out why I can logically vote for Biden even when I am against him running?   In a bad or worse choice, I go for bad.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.47    11 months ago

is there a part in my comment that you are considering voting for Biden that is confusing you?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.49  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.19    11 months ago
Offer your thoughtful criticism of Trump as a potential PotUS in 2025.

He is an asshole

He has no filter.  The need to think things through is foreign to him and basically helps his mouth be his worst enemy

He had some good people around him but he thinks he knows more about what they do and doesn't take their advice as often as he should

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.50  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.30    11 months ago

Decent with regards to Israel

Ensuring access to emergency medical care (including abortion)

Increase the number of background checks by ensuring that all background checks required by law are conducted before firearm purchases, moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.

Improve public awareness and increase appropriate use of extreme risk protection (“red flag”) orders and safe storage of firearms. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.51  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @2.1.18    11 months ago
Nothing new in that, every President has had his entourage of derangement syndrome sufferers encompassing the either/or crowd and the neither/nor bunch.

Yes, but TDS has an order of magnitude more afflicted.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.52  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.43    11 months ago

Maybe....what is todays definition of fascist, it is hard to keep up.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.53  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.31    11 months ago

If they take the house back I am sure impeachment proceedings will begin even if he is not reelected.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.54  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.35    11 months ago

And they are all the poorer for it

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.55  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.53    11 months ago
The need to think things through is foreign to him and basic

And this pathetic outrage will probably be the justification.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.56  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.26    11 months ago
Unless nothing. What have you imagined now

Once some folks get something in their mind nothing you say will change that, even though you call them out on being wrong about you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.57  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.26    11 months ago
I didn't qualify like some: "I will vote for so and so if I think the other so and so has a chance." I don't play that game.

That is not a 'game', it is an accurate answer with details.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.57    11 months ago

was i talking to you?

we all know where you stand-- you are considering voting for Biden. we have all seen the posts enough times.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.59  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.58    11 months ago

You indirectly referenced my position and labeled it a game.   Either you do not understand what I wrote or you are intentionally misrepresenting it.   Which is it?

If we have Biden v Trump, I will vote for Biden if Trump stands a reasonable chance to win.   My vote for Biden is a vote against Trump.

If Trump is not the nominee and we have a matchup like Biden v Haley, I will vote for Haley.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.60  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.58    11 months ago

But have you seen the list of why DT is bad today?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.61  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.59    11 months ago

Look, if you want to keep yakking the same stuff over and over, have fun.

You are considering voting for Biden, and everyone reading UNDERSTANDS that, okay?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.62  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.60    11 months ago

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.63  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.61    11 months ago
Look, if you want to keep yakking the same stuff over and over, have fun.

You are the one that brought it up.   I am responding to your misrepresentation of my position as a game.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.64  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.62    11 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.65  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.63    11 months ago

pretty sure everyone knows your position.

have I misstated your position that you are considering voting for Biden?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.66  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.59    11 months ago

TiG -

Democratic candidates for President as of 10/31/23

Republican candidates for President as of 10/31/23

• Ryan Binkley   (R), a businessman and pastor, announced his candidacy on April 23, 2023. [37]
  • Doug Burgum   (R), the governor of North Dakota, announced his candidacy on June 7, 2023. [38]
  • Chris Christie   (R), former governor of New Jersey, announced his candidacy on June 6, 2023. [15]
  • Ron DeSantis   (R), the governor of Florida, announced his candidacy on May 24, 2023. [17]
  • Nikki Haley   (R), former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Governor, announced her candidacy on February 14, 2023. [32]
  • Asa Hutchinson   (R), former Arkansas Governor, announced his candidacy on April 2, 2023. [27]
  • Vivek Ramaswamy   (R), entrepreneur and political commentator, announced his candidacy on February 21, 2023. [31]
  • Tim Scott   (R), a United States senator from South Carolina, announced his candidacy on May 22, 2023. [18]
  • Donald Trump   (R), former U.S. President, announced his candidacy on November 15, 2022. [34)

Independent candidates for President as of 10/31/23

As of today, there are 14 candidates, excluding Biden and Trump, who are candidates for President in the 2024 election.

You are saying Biden is the better choice for you??  Why???  Hell, even Cenk Uygur would be a better choice - if he actually qualifies.

My choice?  None except possibly/maybe Haley.  But, according to the referenced material, there are over 85 "potentially eligible" candidates and one of them "might" catch my interest.

But, Biden and Trump ARE NOT the only persons who are vying for the office of President and I wish folks would take that into consideration before bombarding others for their personal choices.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.67  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.66    11 months ago

I have stated what I would do if the match was Biden v Trump.

Your entire post was a waste of your time since you failed to respect my stated precondition.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.68  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.67    11 months ago

No, I didn't - you did.  You have now closed the door and you lose the discussion.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.69  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.68    11 months ago

He is considering voting for Biden and has not rejected  him.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.70  George  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.68    11 months ago

It always amazes me the hypocrisy displayed when it comes to voting, i guess some people always expect others to make the hard choices for them,  As far back as i can remember there has always been more than 2 people on the ballot, and yet many of these very people say that they aren't happy with the choices but still insist on voting for one of the 2 major parties candidates and will accuse you of wasting your vote if you don't do the same. Why would either major party give us better choices? we have proved to them they don't have too. Why is it other democratic countries have multiple parties with coalition governments that compromise and we have sheep that only vote D or R.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.71  Jack_TX  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.52    11 months ago
Maybe....what is todays definition of fascist, it is hard to keep up.

One of the primary criteria is asking what the definition of fascist is.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.72  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.71    11 months ago
One of the primary criteria is asking what the definition of fascist is.

Damn, that is what I was afraid of.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.73  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.68    11 months ago

I "lose" the discussion?   LOL   Is this some kind of a game for you?

You listed 14 candidates and then asked why Biden was the better choice for me.

That question illustrates that you did not read what I wrote.   You are presuming that of all the possibilities, that I am planning to vote for Biden.

That is not even remotely close to what I wrote. 

I am happy to discuss my voting strategy, but first you need to understand what I actually wrote.

Start here on the comment you replied to:

TiG@2.1.59 ☞  If we have Biden v Trump, I will vote for Biden if Trump stands a reasonable chance to win.   My vote for Biden is a vote against Trump.   If Trump is not the nominee and we have a matchup like Biden v Haley, I will vote for Haley.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.74  TᵢG  replied to  George @2.1.70    11 months ago

So George, it looks like you too did not actually read what I wrote.

If you think you did, then summarize my voting strategy and then point out the hypocrisy.

In fact, I will help you out.   Here is one of many posts I made on this forum explaining how I see voting in 2024:

TiG@6.1.24  (external)

Here is the position I have stated on NT:

If Trump and Biden are the nominees and I determine that Trump has a chance of winning, I am voting for Biden as a vote against Trump.

If Trump and Biden are the nominees and I determine that Trump has no realistic chance of winning, I will cast a protest vote or abstain.

If Trump is not the nominee then given the current pool, I could see myself (holding my nose) and voting for Chris Christie (Hutchinson is too old; a younger Hutchinson would have my vote).

If Trump and Biden are the nominees and Biden were to pick a different V.P. who is someone that I could support as PotUS (e.g. Tim Walz), then I will happily vote for Biden/x.

If Chris Sununu returns to the race, I will campaign for him and happily cast a vote for him.

I reserve the right to adjust the above based on future conditions.

With Haley's recent performance, I have modified my position (above) to one where I will vote for her if we have a Biden v Haley matchup.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.75  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.69    11 months ago
He is considering voting for Biden and has not rejected  him.

You keep repeating this as if to make some point.   What is your point?

I have definitely not ruled out voting for Biden.   As I have stated, if Biden v Trump, I am voting for Biden as the most effective way for me to vote against Trump.

Other than that (short of Biden getting a new V.P.), I am not voting for Biden because I do not believe he should be PotUS.

My guess is that you keep repeating an elided version of my position to try to get people to think that I support Biden for PotUS.   Is that your little game?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.76  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.75    11 months ago
You keep repeating this as if to make some point.   What is your point?

Just stating facts and saving people time from reading lengthy posts over and over again.

Now, if I have mistaken your position and you are no longer considering Biden, feel free to set tge record straight.

If I stated facts and you don't dispute them. we're done.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.77  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.76    11 months ago

Constantly repeating a portion of my position is misleading.  

feel free to set tge record straight.

I have set it straight.   Did you not read what I just wrote?

If I stated facts and you don't dispute them. we're done.

I dispute your lie by omission.   If you want to keep summarizing my position then you should state that I plan to vote for Biden ONLY if Trump has a reasonable chance to win.

By omitting that necessary qualifier of ONLY you are misrepresenting my position.   And it is obvious you are doing this intentionally.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.78  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.77    11 months ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.79  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.78    11 months ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    11 months ago

Hell, he can't even make a golf course profitable. Has he lost the Midas touch? Did he ever really have it?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    11 months ago

He couldn’t even make a casino profitable.  They practically print money.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1    11 months ago

it's worse than that, he couldn't make a casino profitable with a defective criminal mentality...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    11 months ago

I know, right? Why didn't he ask some of his mob buddies how to make a casino profitable?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    11 months ago

too bad he didn't stiff any of those cosa nostra guys back in the day...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1    11 months ago

Think about the time frame. The Taj Mahal first went bankrupt in 2009. How many people during the great recession do you think went there to gamble? At the time, Trump himself and Ivanka had left due to internal turmoil.

Here is a pretty good article. Number one, his imagination was bigger than his backing. It cost 1.2 billion to build in the 90's.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    11 months ago
Hell, he can't even make a golf course profitable. Has he lost the Midas touch? Did he ever really have it?

Actually, golf course profits are unreliable at best and notoriously terrible at worst.  They are often a draw for a higher profit item like a hotel or casino.  I could understand him losing money on a golf course. Lots of people do.

Now... losing money in a casino... he's either bad at business or skimming off the top to fund other things.  Or both.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    11 months ago

Who in their right mind would want to associate with that asshole?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @4    11 months ago

What really blows my mind is Giuliani.

Here is a guy with a sterling reputation, a thriving law practice, celebrity status, a resume that would allow him enviable positions, etc.

So what does he do?   He knowingly and willingly repeatedly makes outrageous lies, engages in illegal practices, etc. being loyal to Trump — an individual with a career of throwing people under the bus and refusing to pay contractors and legal firms.

And what does the moron get?   Loses his ability to practice law, loses his wealth, loses his celebrity, his reputation, ... , basically his lifestyle and legacy.

I just cannot comprehend this guy.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @4.1    11 months ago

Amazing, isn't it?  Giuliani has totally disgraced himself.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.1    11 months ago

He ruined his life.   For Trump.