What came first Israel or Palestine?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    11 months ago

Note: The flag pictured is not the Palestinian flag-- rather its the flag of the UAE (United Arab Emirates)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    11 months ago

The Jewish people are 3000 years old. Canaan was later renamed Israel. King David proclaimed Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Even Jesus of Nazareth called the land "Israel" in the Gospel of Matthew.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    11 months ago

The anti-Israel crowd consistently demonstrates an ignorance of basic history.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @3    11 months ago

So do a lot of Palestinians, apparently. Saw vids where Palestinians denied there ever was a kingdom called Israel, even when presented with the evidence. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    11 months ago

Neither. It was controlled by someone, then by someone else, then by the Cannanaites,then the jews, then the assyrians, and the hittites, then the egyptians, then the babylonians, then the persians, then the greeks... must we go on for the next 2400 years?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    11 months ago

Arguing who came first seems like a big waste of time, doesn't it?

Doesn't make a bit of difference, every land has been inhabited by other people at some point.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    11 months ago

And we now agree. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    11 months ago

Yes.

These folks going on all the time about "stolen land" really need a better argument.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    11 months ago

an argument in the first place.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    11 months ago
It was controlled by someone, then by someone else, then by the Cannanaites,then the jews, then the assyrians, and the hittites, then the egyptians, then the babylonians, then the persians, then the greeks... must we go on for the next 2400 years?

True-- at different times it was controlled by different peoples. However there was an ancient kingdom of Jews called Israel. They had a distinct identity.

There was never, ever, a country (or "kingdom") called Palestine.

(If anyone's interested, there's useful information in the seeded video)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    11 months ago

I get reports pretty well every day from an organization called "Honest Reporting".  Today they sent me a message about Canada's CBC  (Canada Broadcasting Corporation) with this headline:

"In CBC The Current Interview, Author Nathan Thrall Tells Host Israel Is To Blame for Hamas Terrorism"

I guess Nathan Thrall, whoever he is, believes that the reason for Hamas' terrorism is because Israel exists.  I guess that's about as good a reason as any, eh?  /s

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    11 months ago
I get reports pretty well every day from an organization called "Honest Reporting".

I am familiar with "Honest reporting"-- excellent site! I used to subscribe to them,

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    11 months ago
I guess Nathan Thrall, whoever he is, believes that the reason for Hamas' terrorism is because Israel exists.  I guess that's about as good a reason as any, eh? 

There will always be some people who make excuses for exceedingly barbaric countries. I"ve read articles making excuses for Hitler and the rise of Naziism...etc. etc.

One of things that's been making it worse is the rise of the Internet-- particularly Social media. It makes it easier to spread falsehoods-- it can be done quickly, and after learning a few basics people can spread the lies quickly-- and to YUGE number of people!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2    11 months ago

Yes, the internet and social media, one of the reasons why I have posted on this site my wish for Scotty to beam me back to the early 1950s,