╌>

Digital Trail

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  8 months ago  •  49 comments

Digital Trail
"We had strong indications that they were held in the Shifa Hospital, which is one of the reasons we entered the hospital," Netanyahu told "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell. "If they were [there], they were taken out," he said. Netanyahu said his government has "intelligence about the hostages," but declined to be more specific. "The less I say about it, the better," he told O'Donnell.

Link to Quote: Netanyahu says "strong indications" Hamas hostages were held in Gaza hospital (msn.com)

Yesterday Israeli forces uncovered a laptop inside the hospital that Hamas was using as a command center. The laptop contains information on the hostages. Israel and Hamas are now working on a deal for release of dozens of hostages. Weapons have also been found hidden within the hospital. Hamas has been using the hospital as both a command center and a staging area. The New York Times is still not sure if that is true. I guess they are still "waiting for the facts to come in." Does critical thinking include ignoring the obvious?

The body of one of the hostages was found outside the hospital. Rocket launchers were found hidden under a little girl's bed. The negotiations between Hamas and Israel involve 50 of the hostages.

The Chinese government has officially responded to Joe Biden's off script description of Chairmen Xi as a "dictator."

China responded with fury to Biden's remarks Wednesday.

"This statement is extremely wrong and irresponsible political manipulation," foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning told reporters on Thursday at a routine briefing, Reuters reported.

Watch Blinken Wince As Biden Calls Xi a Dictator After APEC China Meeting (businessinsider.com)

After the APEC meeting Joe gave Gavin Newson an endorsement. He said Newsom has been "one hell of a governor."  I think many who have fled the state of California might disagree.

In other news:

The Pentagon has failed an audit for the sixth year in a row.

Violence continues from Pro-Palestinian demonstrators.

Rep George Santos received a scathing ethics report which accused him of duping his donors and using the campaign funds for personal amenities. Rep Gaetz is calling for his expulsion. Santos won't quit but says he will not run again.

A judge has paused the "gag order" placed on former President Trump.

Joe Biden and his staff will not face any legal liability over the classified documents found in his residences.  Does anyone still think we have a single standard of justice?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

Good morning

OIP.ad3wB3EmiQF0zFtEcFGwEgHaGI?w=242&h=200&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Question: Are Capitol police not allowed to use night sticks?

Here they are trying to contain violent pro-Palestinian demonstrators:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago
Here they are trying to contain violent pro-Palestinian demonstrators:

I watched the entire video. I did not see a single protester throw a punch until near the end when the police with riot gear on pushed a group of protesters down the street. Then a couple protesters did what I would call defending themselves. 

For almost all of this video the police are trying to push the protesters back away from the building. The protesters are resisting the push, in some cases by linking arms, but not being violent. 

You expect police to beat on these people? 

I wish the police had been this organized when the Jan 6th mob started to break past the outside barriers. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    8 months ago
The protesters are resisting the push, in some cases by linking arms,

Correct and that was enough to resist the police.  

Those violent protestors should have been arrested & beaten with night sticks if they resisted, handcuffed and jailed.

You expect police to beat on these people? 

ABSOLUTELY and RESISTING A POLICE OFFICER IS GROUNDS FOR THAT.

You see John. The police should always be one step up on those they must confront.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    8 months ago
You expect police to beat on these people? ABSOLUTELY and RESISTING A POLICE OFFICER IS GROUNDS FOR THAT.

Your comment is crazy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    8 months ago

Yet you defended the murder of a protestor.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    8 months ago

I guess JR doesn't realize that resisting the lawful orders of the police is a crime, a felony, and obstruction of justice, another felony. Also ignored is the fact that the demonstrators pepper sprayed the police, yet another crime. 

I guess since Biden didn't get prosecuted for having classified documents, a precedent has been set. It's now not likely that Trump will be convicted either.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.4    8 months ago
I guess JR doesn't realize that resisting the lawful orders of the police is a crime, a felony, and obstruction of justice, another felony. Also ignored is the fact that the demonstrators pepper sprayed the police, yet another crime. 

As he said:  I did not see a single protester throw a punch until near the end 

So, evidently resisting the police and pepper spraying them is ok, as long as you are a radical leftist protestor!

I guess since Biden didn't get prosecuted for having classified documents, a precedent has been set. It's now not likely that Trump will be convicted either.

You know as well as I: There is one set of rules for Biden and another for Trump.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.6  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    8 months ago
You know as well as I: There is one set of rules for Biden and another for Trump

I don't see it. 

Trump: No, I don't have any classified documents. Have you seen my classified documents, they are right here. It's a good thing that I can declassify documents with my brainwaves. I gave you all my classified documents.  Quick! Move my stash of illegal classified documents. I don't have any classified documents. Your searching my home? How dare you? Those aren't really classified documents, they just appear to be classified documents.... Hunter Biden!
Biden: Oh! Crap. Take my classified documents. I am sorry. You have full permission and access to look for any more. 

Your commentary remains delusional. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Thomas @1.1.6    8 months ago

Sure, and I bet you believed Team Biden when they told you that they immediately notified the proper authorities upon "learning" of secret documents in Joe Biden's possession.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    8 months ago

One can play guessing games all day, but in the end we need to deal with evidence.

There is sound (irrefutable even) evidence that Trump attempted to keep classified documents.   Similarly, there is sound evidence that Biden cooperated with authorities.

Even after the classified documents were identified at Mar-a-Lago, Trump employed delay tactics and even tried to hide documents from authorities.

Read the indictment for all the legal details.   There is no comparing the actions of Trump vs. those of Biden or Pence (or anyone else for that matter).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.8    8 months ago
One can play guessing games all day, 

One can also do a little research and learn that Team Biden lied about his documents.

Of course, it isn't Trump, so perfectly fine.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.10  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    8 months ago

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    8 months ago

You of course ignored the point I made.

The point is that Trump knowingly tried to keep the documents and even tried to hide classified documents from authorities.

Biden cooperated, so did Pence.   Trump did not cooperate and even tried to interfere with the efforts to secure the classified documents.

Why do you attempt to defend Trump ... especially with such a feeble argument?   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.11    8 months ago

I didnt defend Trump.

Why persist in that falsehood?

Get a clue.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    8 months ago
I didnt defend Trump.

You repeatedly ignore the difference between what Trump did and what Biden and Pence did.   You tried to make this look as though Trump was not at fault and was being falsely accused because he is Trump:

Texan @1.1.9Of course, it isn't Trump, so perfectly fine.

Do you acknowledge that Trump did not cooperate and even tried to interfere with the efforts to secure the classified documents?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.13    8 months ago

I am not responsible for your misunderstanding of the words I wrote.

It is intellectually dishonest and a flat out lie that I defended Trump, and I dare you to quote me doing so.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.14    8 months ago

Do you acknowledge that Trump did not cooperate and even tried to interfere with the efforts to secure the classified documents?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.15    8 months ago

Will you acknowledge that it is a LIE that I defended Trump?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.17  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.15    8 months ago

heh, no trumpster that's ever possessed functioning testicles can answer that question...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.17    8 months ago

it has been asked and answered repeatedly.

But keep beating that dead horse!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.19  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    8 months ago
Yet you defended the murder of a protestor.

Ashley Babbitt was not murdered. She was trying to violently enter a restricted area mere feet from the House chamber. The door Babbitt was trying to breach was BARRICADED. Do you think she was within her rights to try and violently bypass a locked and barricaded door in a high security area?

That cop's job is to shoot someone trying to do what she did. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.20  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.19    8 months ago

If the J6 rioters , were, I dont know, Muslim, do you think the cop should have let them all in?  If Babbitt got in, all of her pals would have got in to. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.19    8 months ago
That cop's job is to shoot someone trying to do what she did. 

Our country need is upside down or down upside.  Conservatives see police overreach and liberals see it as justified.

I’m amazed that many more weren’t shot.  I’m not sure that I could have been that restrained.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.1.17    8 months ago

[Deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.4    8 months ago

Another crime these pro-HAMAS rioters committed was not procuring a license to "protest". 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.24  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    8 months ago

Maybe the violent mob should have watched the Pro Israel protest in Washington to see how to do a peaceful demonstration.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.19    8 months ago

It was murder. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.25    8 months ago

The only people who think it was murder are the extreme MAGA who are traitors themselves. 

I dont think you could find a single non MAGA person in this country who thinks Ashley Babbitt was murdered. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.21    8 months ago
Our country need is upside down or down upside.  Conservatives see police overreach and liberals see it as justified.

What should the cop have done? Let her into the House? He didnt know if she was armed, he didnt know if there were any House members still in the chamber. What if she went in there and shot someone? Not to mention if she got on the other side of the door and overpowered the cop she could have let the rest of the mob in. 

This "argument" is completely stupid. His job was to protect the congresspeople. He was absolutely doing that when he shot her. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.28  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.27    8 months ago
What should the cop have done? Let her into the House?

No.

This "argument" is completely stupid.

What argument?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.26    8 months ago

One day maybe you will learn that there can only be one set of rules and laws for all of us.

You use that word traitor a lot. The only traitor I know of is the one who took money from China when he was thinking of running for president. He is being protected by the most corrupt AG in history. Anyone who would support them are assholes.

George
Junior Expert
2  George    8 months ago

I would have let them in, let the democrats reap what they have sown. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @2    8 months ago

The residents of DC are already reaping what they have sown.

Think of the old black woman that has to go on a long bus trip to get her prescriptions because Walgreens and CVS had to flee DC neighborhoods.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    8 months ago

The IDF is inside the Hamas stronghold.  Naturally the unbiased liberal media must change the narrative to downplay the hard evidence.  Liberal academics are shitting their frillies because Israel now has irrefutable proof.  Suddenly facts won't matter.  Harvard elite are gonna push a fiction about Palestinian martyrs.  Israel has assumed the proper attitude:  fuck 'em all.

Now that Democrats are under attack from Palestinian terrorists, the political narrative will shift toward 'rich Jews' controlling the media.  Democrats have always been adept at framing their bigotry as supporting the oppressed.  Poor, poor terrorists are being treated unfairly.  It has to be the Jews' fault.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    8 months ago
Does anyone still think we have a single standard of justice?

how can anyone not think there's a double standard of justice whenever they see or hear about trump abusing the american judicial system, while knowing that every other citizen of the US would have their bail revoked and be in jail awaiting trial for any number of the activities he continues to get away with?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @4    8 months ago

What activities is he getting away with?  Defending himself and declaring his innocence?

The left wants to take away his freedom of speech.  All these sham trials and prosecutions amount to is interfering with the coming election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    8 months ago

Trump standing outside the courtroom ranting and raving like a lunatic is a disgrace. 

MAGA have abandoned all standards. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    8 months ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif  jrSmiley_38_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    8 months ago

MAGA's are getting worse by the day. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    8 months ago

The left's obsession with Trump is all-consuming.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.5  George  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    8 months ago

They will become more unhinged if he becomes the nominee, and their cheese will slide completely off their crackers if it looks like he will beat Biden. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  George @4.1.5    8 months ago

At this point, I am not sure some could become more unhinged.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.5    8 months ago

What will be your reaction if the GOP nominee is Trump?

What will be your reaction if the next PotUS is Trump?

Will you be pleased or disappointed?   Does it matter to you?   If so, do you not express your opinion on this issue?

This is a news forum.   People opine about news and especially presidential politics.   

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.7    8 months ago
What will be your reaction if the GOP nominee is Trump?

Surely not the freak out that we will see from the left.

What will be your reaction if the next PotUS is Trump?

Surely not the freak out that we saw from the left in 2016. But lets stick to reality, the nomination hasn't been made, so why deal in "what if's".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.8    8 months ago

I do believe the expectation is for everyone to be constantly outraged by something to do with Trump daily.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    8 months ago

Maybe for the hive.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.10    8 months ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.11    8 months ago

Yeah, not going to happen.  [deleted]

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.8    8 months ago
so why deal in "what if's".

[deleted,] vote for or even consider voting for Trump.  And it is somehow important to get it now.