╌>

Netanyahu Must Be Politically Destroyed, or Israel Will Go Down With Him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kavika  •  10 months ago  •  22 comments

By:   Alon Pinkas

Netanyahu Must Be Politically Destroyed, or Israel Will Go Down With Him

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of the greatest myths about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is that he's an astute statesman. His foreign policies regarding Iran, the United States, Hamas and in other crucial areas suggest the exact opposite.

That Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hasn't resigned yet is an affront to decency. That not one member of his governing coalition of sycophants hasn't demanded that he do so – or done so themselves – is scientific proof that invertebrates can form a government. It is a sad group profile in cowardice.

Netanyahu's   casual refusal to even consider the possibility is a cynical repudiation of integrity, and a callous disregard for the fundamental tenets of accountability and responsibility. More than anything, it is an insult to the Israeli public's intelligence. This nation deserves better. His arrogant, smirking promise that "all will be investigated   after the war " is a typical yet no less revolting lie meant to stall, delay and deceive.

LINK TO ORIGINAL ARTICLE: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-10/ty-article/.premium/netanyahu-must-be-politically-destroyed-or-israel-will-go-down-with-him/0000018c-530f-db23-ad9f-7bdfeca10000

Red Box Rules

OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.

STAY ON TOPIC.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Kavika     10 months ago

A very harsh assessment of Netanyahu.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @1    10 months ago

Indeed! Quite harsh .. but such is life, not everyone can be loved by all  : )

I cannot open Haaretz, so could not read the complete article - or is that it?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1    10 months ago

There is quite abit more but if I try and copy and paste it the whole thing becomes unreadable. I'll work on the problem as see if I can get it fixed.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    10 months ago

All good .. you def carved out the juicy stuff from the article .. 

Have you read this .. was it you I talked to about it?

Netanyahu vows to block Palestinian Authority from Gaza rule | The Hill

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1.2    10 months ago

Yes, I did read it and just two days ago Netanyahu flatly told Biden that there is no way that he will allow PA to govern Gaza after the US proposed it as a solution.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    10 months ago

Since the beginning of the ground offensive Netanyahu has stood steadfast that the Palestinian Authority could not return to Gaza .. Netanyahu has some brass ones, the US does not scare him, he is a if you are not helping - then get out of the way kind of guy...

Netanyahu tried to make an end run around Obama through congress .. and was very blunt about the Iranian deal in Obama's own house .. I am sure you have seen the clips of the look on Obama's face...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    10 months ago

Good for Netanyahu!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    10 months ago
Good for Netanyahu!

Least we forget that it is the US that is supporting Israel in this war, without us then what for Israel?

Perhaps Netanyahu will get a phone call from Biden like the one Menachem Begen received from Reagan, who knows, all things are possible.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    10 months ago

Exactly.    

Why on earth would any sane person after the PA allowed October 7th to happen?    Hamas must be completely eradicated off the face of the earth and the PA had more than enough time to do that.    

But didn’t.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.7    10 months ago
Why on earth would any sane person after the PA allowed October 7th to happen?    Hamas must be completely eradicated off the face of the earth and the PA had more than enough time to do that.     But didn’t.

Why or how could the PA stop Hamas from attacking on October 7th? They are not in Gaza and have no control or authority over Hamas.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    10 months ago

The better question is why they wouldn’t have tried to stop it.    Perhaps because they supported it?  

Who knows though.    Since they haven’t had any free elections for almost 20 years.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2  Colour Me Free    10 months ago
One of the greatest myths about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is that he's an astute statesman. His foreign policies regarding Iran, the United States, Hamas and in other crucial areas suggest the exact opposite.

Ummmm okay, I get it that Netanyahu is an acquired taste so to speak .. He is an astute statemen .. do I agree what he has been doing in Gaza, not entirely - I think he a bit amp'd up and needs to step back and start viewing things with a clearer eye - Netanyahu has been raging inside and it is boiling over.  That said I think he is the right man for the job that needs to be done at this time. Once this is over, then his detractors can feed him to the lions... or is that a Christian thing being fed to the lions?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Colour Me Free @2    10 months ago

The author of the article is quite a statesman himself. 

Alon Pinkas

Former Ambassador, Consul General of Israel in NY, Chief of Staff and Policy Advisor to four Foreign Ministers, International-Political Consultant at Arsenal Mgt.

I'm not Christian and I haven't fed anyone to the lions, well there was that one time I pushed a moosh noosh (dumb ass) into the moat at the San Diego Zoo and the fools jumped out and ran into the lion encounter. I was found non guilty.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @2.1    10 months ago

the authors pedigree resembles that of Netanyahu's.

Have you watched this?

Netanyahu at War | FRONTLINE (pbs.org)

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @2.1    10 months ago
I'm not Christian and I haven't fed anyone to the lions, well there was that one time I pushed a moosh noosh (dumb ass) into the moat at the San Diego Zoo and the fools jumped out and ran into the lion encounter. I was found non guilty.

Ooo my!  Yikes! I am sorry to giggle a bit, but I can see it unfold...

I looked it up, it was the Romans that fed Christians to lions .. but I am confident more than a few were Jewish.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.1    10 months ago

Yes, I saw that years ago, it was quite good going from memory.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kavika @2.1.3    10 months ago

I rewatched right after October 7 .. indeed, it is quite good.  Netanyahu has always been the man he is now, unapologetically forward. I am not really his cheer leader, but I respect the man a great deal..

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    10 months ago

"That said I think he is the right man for the job that needs to be done at this time."

I agree, he has a war to be won. He has no time for distractions or detractors.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
3.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Greg Jones @3    10 months ago
He has no time for distractions or detractors.

Nope, he has to turn negativity into white noise .. block it out, the world may hate him - but I believe he is the one that has the grit needed to eliminate Hamas .. If I am wrong, I will admit it - but I do not think I am  : )

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    10 months ago

I'm not sure which of Al Jazeera or Ha'aretz is more biased against Israel.  I think that Jewish Telegraph Agency (JTA) and Jerusalem Post would be more centrist (at least according to MBFC they are).  As much as I consider it necessary for Netanyahu to retire and his ultra-right wing cabinet to dissipate, I really don't think it's wise for a country at war to have to turn its attention away from the battles on the ground in order to focus on campaigning and voting, or even a change of control.  It can get a little confusing for the IDF to know which way to turn when the political wind starts blowing from a different direction, and enough of them are getting killed these days as it is.. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    10 months ago
I'm not sure which of Al Jazeera or Ha'aretz is more biased against Israel.  I think that Jewish Telegraph Agency (JTA) and Jerusalem Post would be more centrist (at least according to MBFC they are)

I think the most centrist of the Israeli media is Ynet (if you google it google "Ynet English" other wise you get the Hebrew only version).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    10 months ago

Ynet and Jerusalem Post are not listed as "Least Biased" by Media Bias Fact Check, but Jewish Telegraph Agency (JTA) is.  Personally, I would categorize Al Jazeera and Ha'aretz the same as Stormfront.