╌>

Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Makes Good On DEI Promise By Signing New Power Forward Peter Dinklage

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  4 months ago  •  2 comments

Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Makes Good On DEI Promise By Signing New Power Forward Peter Dinklage
DALLAS, TX — As proof he was willing to back up his strong words in support of DEI practices in business, Dallas Mavericks minority owner Mark Cuban announced the team had signed actor Peter Dinklage as its new power forward.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DALLAS, TX — As proof he was willing to back up his strong words in support of DEI practices in business, Dallas Mavericks minority owner Mark Cuban announced the team had signed actor Peter Dinklage as its new power forward.

This addition, Cuban said, makes good on his promise to ensure all of his businesses adhere to policies to prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. Dinklage was expected to join the team in time to suit up and take the court against the Portland Trail Blazers.

"This is a giant leap for DEI in our organization," Cuban said when announcing the signing. "Achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion in professional athletics is a tall order. Most pro sports teams talk a big game, but they come up short. Signing Peter to play power forward is no small feat. Though some fans may have low expectations for Peter on the court, we ask them to have a little faith."

Despite his inexperience as a basketball player, the Game of Thrones star was excited to start his new career. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous," Dinklage said. "But I'm going to approach my spot on the team with just as much passion and focus as any I have with any acting role I've ever had. I feel so proud to be a part of this team, I feel like I'm 5 feet tall!"

At publishing time, despite the distinct disadvantage of having a little person playing power forward, basketball analysts still expected the Mavericks to easily defeat the dreadful 9-24 Trail Blazers.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    4 months ago

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

Cuban has been getting roasted for dei defense last few days.  Posts showing pictures of his basketball team (almost all black) contrasted with the board of his medical company (white and asian). 

if he actually believed in the tenants or DEI he’d be mandating the nba teams look like America, with equity short Hispanics and Asians  who are being systematically discriminated against by the meritocracy of the nba