╌>

Ron DeSantis suffers a stinging defeat in his war on woke

Category:  News & Politics

By:  kavika  •  9 months ago  •  128 comments

Ron DeSantis suffers a stinging defeat in his war on woke

In the last gasps of his presidential campaign, Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis continues to brag that he made his state  the place where “woke goes to die.”  He  has made his war on woke a central plank in his ongoing effort  to secure the Republican nomination.

There has been nothing subtle about DeSantis’ effort to promote himself as a leading culture warrior or to take credit for slaying the woke dragons. That self-promotion  was quickly put on display  in his victory speech after he was re-elected governor in a 2022 landslide. Standing behind a banner with an image of Florida and the words “Freedom Lives here,” DeSantis proudly proclaimed, “We reject woke ideology.” He then listed in his ongoing battles against that ideology: “We fight the woke in the legislature. We fight the woke in the schools. We fight the woke in the corporations. We will never ever surrender to the woke mob.”

He  repeated  these lines in his second-term inaugural address and has used them throughout his effort to win the Oval Office. In debate after debate over the last several months, DeSantis has  faulted his rivals  for being unwilling to “stand up and fight back against what the left is doing to this country” and  boasted  of many victories over the woke mob. 

Among them, DeSantis lists wins over the teachers union on school choice, over Dr. Anthony Fauci on COVID policies, and over George Soros after the Sunshine State governor “removed two of his radical district attorneys.”

On Wednesday, DeSantis suffered a stinging defeat when a three-judge panel of  the notoriously conservative  11 th  Circuit Court of Appeals  ruled in favor of Andrew Warren, one of those district attorneys in a suit he filed last year. That suit alleged that DeSantis  had suspended him  “in retaliation for exercising his right of free speech….” and asked “the court to declare the suspension unconstitutional and require that DeSantis reinstate him.’

The court agreed. 

It turns out that elected public officials, like Warren, who have the temerity not to fall in faithfully with the party line, still have free speech rights even in Ron DeSantis’ Florida. 

Warren, a Democrat,  was elected  Hillsborough County state attorney in 2016  and re-elected in 2020 with the support of 53% of his constituents. He ran as a progressive and promised to reform criminal justice policies in the state attorney’s office.“In the realm of criminal justice,” Warren told voters, “we have problems that we need to address. How do we reduce gun violence? How do we make our system more efficient and keep our neighborhoods safe?”

In his campaigns Warren  says he may have benefited from Soros’ largess , but at best indirectly.   “We understand,” Warren noted, that Soros “gave money to the state (Democratic) party. And the state party money ... went to support different candidates. And I have very little insight into the amount of money he gave, who it went to, etc.

Warren drew the ire of DeSantis  when he publicly voiced his opposition to the governor’s efforts to limit the  rights of transgendered people and of  women seeking abortions

As Judge Jill Pryor recounts in her 11 th  Circuit opinion, “In the summer of 2021, Warren signed… (a statement) expressing concern about ‘bills targeting the transgender community,’ especially transgender youth access to gender affirming care…’” and pledging  “‘ to use their settled discretion and limited resources on enforcement of laws that will not erode the safety and well-being of their community.’”  

A year later, Pryor says, Warren “joined nearly 70 elected prosecutors nationwide in signing… (a statement) addressing the criminalization of abortion after the Supreme Court decided Dobbs vs Jackson Women’s Health Organization.” That statement included an acknowledgment that prosecutors have a responsibility “to refrain from using limited criminal justice system resources to criminalize personal medical decisions.”

As the New York Times  reports , an investigation of the circumstances surrounding DeSantis’ suspension of Warren, revealed that the governor’s office “ seemed driven by a preconceived political narrative, bent on a predetermined outcome, content with a flimsy investigation and focused on maximizing media attention for Mr. DeSantis.”

Judge Pryor reached a similar conclusion. She highlighted the fact that one of the early drafts of the suspension order “introduced five paragraphs describing Warren’s affiliation with Soros and the Democratic Party. Those paragraphs explained that Warren… Subordinated the people of the 13 th  judicial circuit (to) entities associated with activist George Soros.”

LINK TO COMPLETE SEEDED ARTICLE:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ron-desantis-suffers-a-stinging-defeat-in-his-war-on-woke/ar-AA1mRs98?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7ed78701696040d4a2826e4dd755ef97&ei=18

Red Box Rules

OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  author  Kavika     9 months ago

Ron has now been directed to the local pizzeria where he will be slicing olives for the next 3 years for the latest success  the ''Woke Pizza''

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1    9 months ago

when ron found out the other dwarfs were woke, he made his escape from disneyworld...

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    9 months ago

It's damn funny honestly when most of the people, (like Todd Starnes), spew the word, "woke", and they have no clue what it even means. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @2    9 months ago
and they have no clue what it even means.

Or care as long as it riles up their base.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2  author  Kavika   replied to  MrFrost @2    9 months ago

DeSantis when asked to explain ''woke'' he couldn't do it. Obviously, the judge did and stuffed it down this throat.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Kavika @2.2    9 months ago
DeSantis when asked to explain ''woke'' he couldn't do it.

Well, he can, but it would make him look like a massive hypocrite and it would see him admitting that he wants his voters to be kept in the dark about many social issues. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2.2    9 months ago

he's too f'n stupid to know...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.3  author  Kavika   replied to  MrFrost @2.2.1    9 months ago

LOL, he already looks like a massive hypocrite.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2.2.3    9 months ago

he's going to be the florida punching bag for the remainder of his term.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.5  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @2.2.4    9 months ago

Yes, he is and rightfully so.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.6  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2.2.5    9 months ago

what's he going to do when he has to get a real job?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @2.2.6    9 months ago

Shouldn’t be to hard, he graduated from Yale with a B.A., magna cum laude and Harvard with a Juris Doctor, cum laude.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.8  author  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.7    9 months ago

He'll need at least that the way things are going for him and his laws and lawsuits, Disney just got a huge gift with this ruling since the same premise is at stake in their case and they have already filed using this as support for their claim.

Way to go Ron, costing Florida millions.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @2.2.8    9 months ago
Way to go Ron, costing Florida millions.

I can't figure him out.  Lower middle-class background, grandson of immigrants, great education, leader in team sports, Navy service - a great resume until he joined Congress.  Since then he tries to prevent anyone going to the right of him, takes populism versus conservative positions and seems unable to learn from his mistakes.

I guess ego, ambition and the desire for political power has turned him into a caricature.  He can't let go a grudges way to far in trying to punish his perceived foes. Maybe like Clarence Thomas, he felt that his social status at Yale and Harvard kept him from getting classmate respect and the big law firm offers and has held a grudge forevermore. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.10  author  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.9    9 months ago

All of the above and in addition he is vindictive and will allow no challenge to his power, which right now in Florida is causing him to lose support.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @2.2.10    9 months ago

A real asshole, maybe his mother didn’t love him enough.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.12  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.7    9 months ago
Shouldn’t be to hard, he graduated from Yale with a B.A., magna cum laude and Harvard with a Juris Doctor, cum laude.

That says a lot about our system of "Higher Education" here in the U.S.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.13  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @2.2.10    9 months ago
All of the above and in addition he is vindictive and will allow no challenge to his power, which right now in Florida is causing him to lose support.

I think there's a chance that his second place ranking in polls for Republican nomination may slip. Especially after the New Hampshire primary.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.14  author  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @2.2.12    9 months ago
That says a lot about our system of "Higher Education" here in the U.S.

DeSantis was admitted under ''Affirmative Action''. /s

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.15  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2.2.14    9 months ago

both schools were checking off the dwarf guinea rooster box...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.16  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.11    9 months ago

he was the runt of the litter.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @2.2.16    9 months ago

I don’t think that he had any twins.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.18  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.17    9 months ago

the other turd in the bowl got tangled up in toilet paper and drowned...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.2    9 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.7    9 months ago

Most likely bought and paid for, not earned.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2.15    9 months ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

evilone
Professor Guide
3  evilone    9 months ago

This is interesting news. Also yesterday a federal judge allowed a book banning case go forward against one of the FL school districts. Conservative populist assclowns will never learn that rules apply to all people, not just them.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Kavika   replied to  evilone @3    9 months ago
Conservative populist assclowns will never learn that rules apply to all people, not just them.

LOL, how true.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    9 months ago

Voters are not dumb enough to be moved by a noun, a verb and "Woke"...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @4    9 months ago

huh? you really need to watch more youtube videos of maga morons at trump events...

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @4.1    9 months ago
you really need to watch more youtube videos of maga morons at trump events...

Also known as the ''asshat clown show.''

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    9 months ago

know there are people that fucking stupid around me in public situations is disturbing. I saw a video clip yesterday where a maga female in iowa compared trump to geezus. geezus died for her sins and trump is being persecuted by trump haters instead of his supporters. stupidity squared.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.1.2    9 months ago

I bet she doesn't even know she spewed blasphemy. I bet her preacher doesn't know it either

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.3    9 months ago

meh, that oversized cornfield full of rwnj thumpers hasn't picked a president, that wasn't an incumbent, in their primary this century...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @4    9 months ago

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.2    9 months ago

Thanks for proving everyone's point. You have no idea what woke means. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    9 months ago
You have no idea what woke means. 

Au contraire.  I know exactly what the original meaning was before some LWNJ's hijacked it and turned it into something completely different.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  Kavika   replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    9 months ago

It coincides with DeSantis understanding of the words meaning. He has no idea either.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.2.3    9 months ago

funny thing about the anti-woke, most of their kids are woke...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.6  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @4.2.5    9 months ago

all the LGBTQ members of my extended family come from strict mackerel snapper families.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.6    9 months ago
all the LGBTQ members of my extended family come from strict mackerel snapper families.

Gee, how could they, being so suppressed and all?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.8  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.7    9 months ago

it must have been all that bible thumping...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.8    9 months ago

And having minds of their own. Even strict mackerel snapping families can't suppress an inquisitive mind

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.8    9 months ago
it must have been all that bible thumping...

It is pretty ironic that you support Biden who is very, very devout--according to him, anyways.

Biden attended Catholic Mass almost every day, attended a black church fairly regularly, and still managed to find time to go to be raised by Jews in synagogues.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.11  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.10    9 months ago

funny how he doesn't feel the need to thump his bible endlessly...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.11    9 months ago
funny how he doesn't feel the need to thump his bible endlessly...

Best let those folks he attended these different churches know!

Is Joe Biden devout as he claims?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.13  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.12    9 months ago

are there different levels of faith among the believers? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.13    9 months ago

Ask your boy Joe!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.13    9 months ago

Yes. I remember when I attended Mass regularly, the busiest Masses were Christmas Eve and Easter. You wouldn't see those people the rest of the year.

Midnight Mass was something else. I walked out of there drunk from all the alcohol vapors around me. Catholics like their drink

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.16  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.15    9 months ago

those were holiday catholics, as opposed to the regular sunday morning catholics...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.16    9 months ago

I was the typical Sunday morning Catholic. I only went to confession once a year

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.18  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.17    9 months ago

I tried real hard to give some of the catholic girls at my high school something to confess on sundays...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.18    9 months ago

Saturday afternoon was the typical confession day at our parish. We had a special confession day during Holy Week. That's the week between Palm Sunday and Easter. Lots of services to go to...all week long

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.20  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.19    9 months ago

it's still my favorite religion to exploit.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.20    9 months ago

Pentecostals are way more fun.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.2.22  afrayedknot  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.21    9 months ago

Shake, rattle and roll!!!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.23  Trout Giggles  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.22    9 months ago

lol

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.24  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.21    9 months ago

they weren't as sex crazed as catholics when I was younger...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.25  devangelical  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.22    9 months ago

don't you think handling the serpent and drinking the poison is a bit freudian?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.26  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.19    9 months ago
Saturday afternoon was the typical confession day

that would've ruined the entire weekend for the girls I knew in high school. they usually acted like they really wanted something to confess on saturday nights. I could never figure out if it was my persuasive banter or if they really thought they could save me and were willing to do anything for the opportunity.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.2.26    9 months ago

They should have started their weekends on Friday night

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.28  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.27    9 months ago

they did, right after the game. unfortunately, some longhairs sold their jock boyfriends psychedelics, making them stay up all night and totally useless by the time saturday night rolled around. then the unsatisfied turned vindictive and curious.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.29  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @4.2.28    9 months ago

... and that technique worked again and again, every weekend, for almost 2 full school years. there were a few cool jocks and they got to party with the hippies, hoods, and motorheads.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @4.2.5    9 months ago

They grew up knowing that they didn't want to be like their racist parents, wanted better than the trailer park.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.31  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @4.2.18    9 months ago

Was Billy Joel's 'Only the Good Die Young' popular around that time?

lol

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.32  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.30    9 months ago

You’re probably right, the percentage of white trailer dwellers is declining while Hispanic trailer families is growing and is now about 28%.  If that trend continues, people here will have to find a new way to make fun of poor white people.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.33  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.32    9 months ago

You can take the trash out of the trailer but you can never get the trailer out of trash.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.34  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.2.33    9 months ago

Do you think the same about city public housing?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.35  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.34    9 months ago

There are no trailer parks in The Bronx...

original

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.2.35    9 months ago

[Deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.37  devangelical  replied to  JBB @4.2.35    9 months ago

that explains the lack of maga trash in NYC...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.38  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.36    9 months ago

You are stuck in the 1970s. Pelham Parkway is bougie now...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.2.38    9 months ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.40  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.39    9 months ago

[deleted]

You don't have to beat that dead horse.

Try getting a two bedroom in Co-op City today and get back to us. REJECTED!

Average home in my hood is $750,000...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.41  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.2.40    9 months ago
Gone! NYC shuts that down

Are they living on sidewalks now?

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.42  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.41    9 months ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.43  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.41    9 months ago

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    9 months ago

Most normal voters don't approve of the use of hormones, puberty blockers, or irreversible experimental surgery on minor children in the name of so called "gender affirming care", which is most cases turns out to be a psychological and emotional problem.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago
Most normal voters don't approve of the use of...

Nope, it's not about personal freedoms, or saving children for the conservative populist assclown voters. It's about an elitist sense of morality that has no basis in logic.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  evilone @5.1    9 months ago
It's about an elitist sense of morality that has no basis in logic.

Supported by morality police with the medical training of a rock.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5.1.1    9 months ago

they all heard from somebody that knew somebody that read somewhere about somebody that wrote it down saying geezus said they were special and get to be the moral compasses for everybody else...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.2    9 months ago

Um, he's sick.  My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid whose going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.  I guess it's pretty serious........

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago
Most normal voters don't approve of the use of hormones, puberty blockers, or irreversible experimental surgery on minor children in the name of so called "gender affirming care", which is most cases turns out to be a psychological and emotional problem.

I'm not sure how that relates to "Wokism"-- and DeSantis. Were any "hormones, puberty blockers, or irreversible experimental surgery" done to him? Does that perhaps explain a lot of his behaviour...? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @5.2    9 months ago
I'm not sure how that relates to "Wokism"-

Wow!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.1    9 months ago
Wow!

I agree!

Regardless of all the negative things some folks may be saying about WokisM,-- ya hafta admit-- it's EXCITING! jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @5.2.2    9 months ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago

woke = IQ over 100

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.4  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago
Most normal voters don't approve of the use of hormones, puberty blockers, or irreversible experimental surgery on minor children in the name of so called "gender affirming care"

Then, don't get any of those things. Problem solved.

Why you think you get to tell me how to handle issues in my own family if an F*ing mystery.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago

Most normal voters mind their own business and leave that up to the parents/family and their doctor/counselors, etc.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
5.6  mocowgirl  replied to  Greg Jones @5    9 months ago

I believe the more that the men, with gender dysphoria, speak out about their mental processes (as adults) it would be beneficial to understanding that this should never be a political issue.  This is a mental health issue and should be treated as such.  

Thankfully, men, with gender dysphoria, are speaking out about their thought processes so we can have at least a little understanding of their struggles to make sense of their own being.  Unfortunately, many are being "counseled" by people who have no clue on how to really help them - the answer is a quick transition to pills and surgery that does little to nothing to address their mental anguish of "feeling" different.

People, who are using children as political footballs, are either heartless or clueless on the spectrum of gender dysphoria.  There is not a cure for gender dysphoria.  There are not even adequate treatments because this is a mental disease that might be managed on some level with counseling throughout life.  Hormones might provide some relief.  Surgery options should be restricted to people over 21 for many reasons.

Long article below on a man's journey to find and be his "true" self.  Of course, he has received a huge backlash as not being a "real trans" from the men with a political agenda.

Are you sure you want to do this?’ the anaesthetist at Charing Cross Hospital asked as I lay on the trolley ready for theatre, giving me one last chance to back out.

I was a middle-aged man with a wife and three children but I was convinced I was some kind of woman, and I needed the operation in order to live authentically as one.

‘Yes,’ I said, knowing that what was about to happen would change me for ever and be irreversible. ‘Go for it!’

But having put myself through this ordeal, I now question whether it was the right thing to do. I fear that today’s fashion for encouraging and facilitating trans people like me to make fundamental changes to their bodies has got completely out of hand.

Ironically, my doubts — based on personal experience — have made me an outcast in the all-powerful trans lobby.

I am a heretic in their eyes because I refuse to agree with the mad fiction they are trying to force on society that a   trans woman   is every bit a woman and should be treated like one when it comes to public amenities, prisons, sport and so on. It’s a fallacy, and a dangerous one.

The basic biological fact — and I speak as a science teacher — is that we cannot change the sex we were born with.

Reason and logic changed my way of thinking. The evidence was overwhelming. I was a male human being — a man, therefore — who preferred to be perceived as a woman. That’s all. Nothing more.

Where does this leave me, eight years after I walked into Charing Cross Hospital, to an operating theatre where my body was changed irrevocably? I no longer think I am a woman; women are female while I am male.

I have also discovered something deep-seated about myself — that what prompted me to transition was not, in fact, the desire to be a woman but that I was sexually aroused by the thought of myself as a woman.

This is an unusual and little understood sexual condition known as autogynephilia.

I was a heterosexual male and, therefore, evolved to tune in to signals given off by females. But somewhere wires were crossed, my sex drive was short-circuited and in effect I was sex-signalling to myself. That was what was compelling me to turn my body into a woman.

All of which leaves a tantalising question in my mind. If I had known in 2012 what I know now, would I have transitioned? The answer is no.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.6.1  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @5.6    9 months ago

There you go again with that garbage about transitioning and mental illness.  Bunch of bullshit.

goose is back
Junior Guide
6  goose is back    9 months ago

Ok.....this guy got his job back.  How does it effect what's going on in Florida. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Kavika   replied to  goose is back @6    9 months ago
Ok.....this guy got his job back.  How does it effect what's going on in Florida. 

Oh, it is having an effect. The decision that DeSantis lost will affect two other prosecutors the he fired they will get their jobs back as well, and it sets a precedent. 

Now, comes the real biggy, in his lawsuit against Disney and Disney's countersuit, Disney's premise is the same that the prosecutor had when he won his case, Disney has already filed again using this case precedent as support their case. Now we are atlkinng big bucks.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @6.1    9 months ago

he can always deliver pizzas, if he buys a car...

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.2  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @6.1.1    9 months ago

Look, up in the sky, it's Ron the Pizzaman.512

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.3  evilone  replied to  Kavika @6.1    9 months ago

FL - where woke's lawyers get fat off taxpayer money...

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.4  goose is back  replied to  Kavika @6.1    9 months ago
The decision that DeSantis lost will affect two other prosecutors the he fired they will get their jobs back as well, and it sets a precedent. 

Do you have a court case to reference or do you just feel that way?

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Kavika   replied to  goose is back @6.1.4    9 months ago
Do you have a court case to reference or do you just feel that way?

Since at least one of the two filed their case with the same argument as the winning prosecutor did there is a precedent. The cases haven't been tried yet.

And of course Disney is the really big one and again as stated above the premise is the same and Disney knew it right away when they filed again.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @6.1.5    9 months ago

ron's pinocchio's pizzeria deal at disneyworld must have been denied...

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.7  goose is back  replied to  Kavika @6.1.5    9 months ago
Since at least one of the two filed their case with the same argument

Which one?  If their actions prior to being terminated were the same they may win.  What does Disney have to do with this? 

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.8  evilone  replied to  goose is back @6.1.7    9 months ago
What does Disney have to do with this? 

Disney refiled stating the ruling on the case in the article is now precedent and their case should be found in their favor for the same 1st Amendment reason.

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.9  goose is back  replied to  evilone @6.1.8    9 months ago
 their case should be found in their favor for the same 1st Amendment reason.

Their opposition may have created the rift that caused Florida Legislature to remove their Tourism District, but that was a law passed by the Legislature, DeSantis didn't do that on his own.  I don't see what one has to do with the other.   

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.10  evilone  replied to  goose is back @6.1.9    9 months ago
Their opposition may have created the rift that caused Florida Legislature to remove their Tourism District, but that was a law passed by the Legislature, DeSantis didn't do that on his own. 

The law was pushed threw heavily and publicly by DeSantis. It was even crafted with help from DeSantis' office. 

I don't see what one has to do with the other.   

I'll leave that up to the judge to decide. 

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.11  goose is back  replied to  evilone @6.1.10    9 months ago

Agreed.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    9 months ago

This is good news. It also should have been obvious and expected. Just imagine if some Democrat governor went around firing every local Republican he disagreed with.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @7    9 months ago
This is good news. It also should have been obvious and expected.

Every presidential primary is important. But that being said, IMO from the start it seemed obvious that Trump was so far ahead that he would be the nominee. 

Yes, as the saying goes: "Anything can happen between now and . . .". 

But the odds are strongly indicating that Trump will be the nominee. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  author  Kavika     9 months ago

I see where DeSantis is now skipping NH where he registered 5% and is going straight on to SC.

evilone
Professor Guide
8.1  evilone  replied to  Kavika @8    9 months ago

I heard that last night. Amazing... Even with DeSantis pulling second place in IA all the talking heads are saying this is now a Trump and Haley 2 person race. 

Slightly off topic (sorry) the Trump Humpers are now all in a tizzy that Trump could consider Haley as his VP pick. They are all afraid she would work with never Trumpers to get rid of him right away and take over. Hahahaha! 

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  evilone @8.1    9 months ago
They are all afraid she would work with never Trumpers to get rid of him right away and take over. Hahahaha! 

Oh no, the deep state strikes again. LOL

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.2  Krishna  replied to  evilone @8.1    9 months ago
Even with DeSantis pulling second place in IA all the talking heads are saying this is now a Trump and Haley 2 person race. 

Wishful thinking on the part of the "Never Trumpers". IMO its been a one person race from the start. 

Often people with little hope of winning  enter presidential primaries anyway. I used to wonder why?
I could be wrong but I think its usually for one of two reasons (?):

1. It helps "put their name out there". Their real interest is not in becoming president, but rather in a local race they can say they were a candidate for president.

2. I think many often know they can't win the party's presidential primary,but they hope that entering that race may help that get a cabinet position or other important post (for example being appointed an ambassador to some country).

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Krishna  replied to  evilone @8.1    9 months ago
Slightly off topic (sorry) the Trump Humpers are now all in a tizzy that Trump could consider Haley as his VP pick. They are all afraid she would work with never Trumpers to get rid of him right away and take over. Hahahaha! 

I wonder what she had been trying to accomplish? IMO she's one of the most intelligent candidates but has been hampered by coming from a pretty right wing state-- meaning having to pander to the far right wing.

I think that normally she could've used her run to get, say, a cabinet position. But that might not work with Trump as he may be pissed off at anyone who ran against him?

evilone
Professor Guide
8.1.4  evilone  replied to  Krishna @8.1.2    9 months ago
Wishful thinking on the part of the "Never Trumpers". IMO its been a one person race from the start.

Some of the polling suggests enough voters could be swayed away from Trump if he is indeed found guilty of any crimes. It's one of the reasons Trump is trying to push all those back as far as he can. 

evilone
Professor Guide
8.1.5  evilone  replied to  Krishna @8.1.3    9 months ago
I wonder what she had been trying to accomplish?

I don't know how correct it is, but it's been said by some Republicans that a general election between Biden and Trump - Biden wins again, but a general election between Biden and Haley - Haley wins. 

I think that normally she could've used her run to get, say, a cabinet position. 

She was an Ambassador to the United Nations under Trump. Trump's been bad mouthing her since she started running and even reposted someone's conspiracy post saying her parents weren't US Citizens when she was born saying that disqualifies her for President. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @8.1.5    9 months ago

She was born on US soil so that makes her a citizen. He's a damned dummy

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.6    9 months ago
He's a damned dummy

If you remember not so distant history, he always throws shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  evilone @8.1.5    9 months ago

He hasnt even gotten warmed up yet. If she wins or comes close in  New Hampshire, watch out - he will unload on her. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.9  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    9 months ago

every time he opens his mouth now he loses independent voters...

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  author  Kavika     9 months ago

Who is Haley going to debate now, DeSantis dropped out today and Trump won't debate. 

Save money and go vote which Trump will win.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  author  Kavika     9 months ago

The Florida state legislature tried to pass a bill for $5 million dollars to pay for Trump's legal fees, even dumbass DeSantis thought it was a bad idea and said he would veto it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10    9 months ago

let the ignorant suckers that still support him pick up the tab.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @10.1    9 months ago

Yes in deed.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10.1.1    9 months ago

there's too much vendetta bullshit left in deathsantis' DNA for him to let this go further.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.3  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @10.1.2    9 months ago

''His Shortness'' DNA is questionable.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10.1.3    9 months ago

gee, I wonder what state ron and his family will be moving to...

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10.1.3    9 months ago

not according to his wife...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
10.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @10.1.5    9 months ago

How did you two get so close?

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.6    9 months ago

[Deleted]