╌>

The Architect of Destruction

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 months ago  •  69 comments

The Architect of Destruction
"What I would do as president is several more things," Biden said at the first Democratic primary debate for the 2020 election. "I would in fact make sure that there is… We immediately surge to the border, all those people who are seeking asylum."

Link to quote:  FLASHBACK: Biden Tells Migrants To 'Surge to the Border' (freebeacon.com)

A strange thing happened with the election of Joe Biden. All of the safeguards that the former President had placed on the southern border such as the "remain-in-Mexico' policy were removed, and border wall construction ended. As Biden's covid expert Dr Fauci was telling Americans to wear masks, migrants were allowed to enter in droves without even wearing masks. They initially were offered vaccines. It is reported that about 30% refused. At the beginning many of the migrants were wearing Biden themed T-shirts. In three years approximately 10 million people have been released into the country along with a lot of Fentanyl, gang members, sex traffickers with victims and God only knows how many possible terrorists.

Why would an American president do such a thing to the country?

The answer is that the democrat party and Joe Biden are dominated by the American left.

And the goal of letting all of these people into the country?

To get them a pathway to citizenship, get them voting and capture the entire country for the democrat party.

In the beginning the media tried to ignore what was happening. Some democrats tried to deny it was happening. The AP even forbade its staff to use the word "crisis" to describe the situation on the border. All of this was in keeping with the policy of Biden's Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas. Mayorkas was also Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security under Barack Obama. He was confirmed by the Senate to take charge of Biden's HS by a vote of 56-43. Since he has been in that position, he has served the Biden policy rather than the security of the United States. The Border Patrol has now been overwhelmed and has been devoting their time to quickly processing migrants and then releasing them into the interior of the nation.

Mayorkas has been called before congress numerous times. It is best to show how he answered questions:

Yesterday House Republicans released two articles of impeachment against Alejandro Mayorkas. They are:

1)  Willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law.

2)  Breach of public trust

The new articles of impeachment will be reviewed in committee on Tuesday and then would need to be adopted by the full chamber. Then Mayorkas will be put on trial in the Senate where democrats will save the traitor.

House Speaker Mike Johnson said Friday that such a vote will occur "as soon as possible."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Good morning

12646731345_6bde05ff9a_b.jpg

We are looking forward to the impeachment of Mayorkas. 

In other news: 

"To finally force Netnayahu's hand, the Biden administration is now quietly considering holding back support,  NBC News  reported.

Biden has asked the Defense Department to review the  weapons  Israel has requested and to determine which ones could be used as leverage, four current and former US officials told NBC. Israel has asked for aerial bombs and air defenses, as well as ammunition, NBC reported.

The officials told NBC they would likely continue delivering air defenses for the sake of Israeli citizens, though they may scale back on artillery rounds and  joint direct attack munitions , which can make bombs more precise. "

Biden May Curb US Military Aid to Force Israel to Scale Back in Gaza (businessinsider.com)

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    3 months ago

Mayorkas is pretty much detested and reviled in my neck of the AZ/Mexico border. You would be amazed just how many rank and file Border Patrol agents around here really hate the guy.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    3 months ago

Talk about a worthless, incompetent, and traitorous piece of leftist shit. He certainly needs to be impeached and removed.

I hope Cruz ends up in Trump's new administration. He doesn't put up with the usual evasions, deflections, and bullshit.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 months ago

Mayorkas is a bureaucratic hack who got his position under Biden due to slavish partisan leftist liberal devotion to Biden and the Democratic party. He should never have been nominated to head DHS.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4  Snuffy    3 months ago
Then Mayorkas will be put on trial in the Senate where democrats will save the traitor.

And this is why I feel this is just a waste of time. There's almost no way the Senate would convict so why take the time to do this when they still have budgets to get taken care of and there's an election this November so how much time will the House spend being out in the world to campaign rather than in the House doing business. I would much rather this House spend time working for the people rather than this party shit, working for the people may  help them come November. But all this time being wasted on things like this, I have no doubt the Democrats will also use this waste of time to their advantage.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    3 months ago
In the beginning the media tried to ignore what was happening. Some democrats tried to deny it was happening. The AP even forbade its staff to use the word "crisis" to describe the situation on the border.

Left wing media and politicians still refer to Biden's millions of illegal aliens as "immigrants", so it's no surprise that they've insisted that illegal = legal.

All of this was in keeping with the policy of Biden's Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas. Mayorkas was also Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security under Barack Obama.

This is just one of many ways in which Obama/Biden/Soros and many before them have been working to "transform America". 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    3 months ago

Hey Jasper, anything you are for, I'm against.

Far right wing fascism annoys me.

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 months ago
The answer is that the democrat party and Joe Biden are dominated by the American left.

original There you go again, with irresponsible rhetoric about liberals. Presidents do what they do and if your choice of leadership for this nation can get back into office. . . he will get an opportunity to make the border better or worse. . . depending on perspective. 

Besides all the above, I hear a rumor that congress, that bastion of hand-sitters are debating doing more of NOTHING to fix the issue even when MAGA policies are 'pregnant' in the senate bill offering. Of course, that is ignored or withheld from discussion for partisan bull sake.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6    3 months ago
I hear a rumor that congress, that bastion of hand-sitters are debating doing more of NOTHING to fix the issue even when MAGA policies are 'pregnant' in the senate bill offering.

We don't need them. Biden could have left the Trump policies in place and the border would have been secure.

Biden wanted it the way it is.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    3 months ago

Rhetoric. Biden will sign the bipartisan senate bill if/when it reaches him from the congress!  You don't get the Trump policies and that is just that. At this rate, the House is planning to do nothing (hand-sitters) and let the problem continue to fester. Trump policies are not on the table at this time of choosing. Get over it and do SOMETHING now! The saying goes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    3 months ago

By his inaction, Biden has made it quite clear over the last three years he does not want the border secured, and a lot of US citizens and legal residents living on the Southern border are paying the price for that!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6.1.1    3 months ago

The point is that Biden could do something without congress if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

Now he says he'll sign the current bill being negotiated. If he didn't follow the spirit of the law, why would he follow the spirit of the bill?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  CB @6.1.1    3 months ago
Rhetoric. Biden will sign the bipartisan senate bill if/when it reaches him from the congress!  You don't get the Trump policies and that is just that.

You think that POS bill will ever pass the House? Try the hell again. No way, no shape, and in no form does Brandon get the resources to turn the southern border into a Democrat processing center. 

Brandon has all of the money and power he needs right now to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws as written.

At this rate, the House is planning to do nothing (hand-sitters) and let the problem continue to fester. 

The House already passed a bill. Ask the POS Schumer who is sitting on it.

Trump policies are not on the table at this time of choosing. Get over it and do SOMETHING now

The Republicans control the House- Johnson already said that the Senate Bill will be DOA if it ever reaches the House. 

Sorry, Democrats don't get to dictate terms on a crisis they created. 

Until Brandon proves he is securing the border and enforcing our immigration laws as written. There will be no immigration reform.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.2    3 months ago

I can only imagine how many migrants are wandering the streets of those cities in the border states.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    3 months ago

No, the point is that Biden is enforcing our current immigration laws as they were written and is unwilling to break US and international laws like Trump did!

The gop doesn't want to fix immigration.

They need it as their only wedge issue...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    3 months ago
No, the point is that Biden is enforcing our current immigration laws as they were written

Try again. Brandon/Democrats/Leftists can't seem to follow the law; and try to change the meaning of them on a regular basis.

They can't even get the Constitution right.

You do realize that “living, breathing Constitution that should change with the times” (as   Al Gore   once said) means a Constitution that means what those in power want it to mean, rather than what it says. Feb 15, 2016

Democrats do love their criminals- so it is no surprise they love illegal immigrants.

and is unwilling to break US and international laws like Trump did!

What laws did Trump break? Outside of the ones in TDS deluded heads?

The gop doesn't want to fix immigration.

The GOP aren't the one ones that broke it. Democrats don't get to dictate terms on a crisis they created. The GOP already passed their bill in the House. Schumer is sitting on it and won't bring it to the floor of the Senate.

They need it as their  only wedge issue...

So a record number of US citizens in debt living pay check to paycheck; rampant crime, drugs, and gun running; two proxy wars adding billions to the national debt and inflation; China, Iran, and Russia using their proxies to attack US troops; confront US planes, drones, and ships in international waters; trying to replace the US as the worlds Super Power aren't important issues; and turning the IRS/FBI/DOJ into tools for the Democrat party are not issues??

Some Democrats/leftists will need to find out the hard way in 2024. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    3 months ago

I live in a area on the border known as the Sulphur Springs Valley that is surrounded on all four sides by mountain ranges with the Southernmost one being in Mexico with gaps between them. It is a largely rural agricultural and ranching area. The closest big city is Tucson two hours away. There is nothing for them here and they head to points West, North, and East if they do not get caught. There is nothing for them here. Our biggest problem here is the mountains of trash that illegals leave in their wake on private property of ranches and farms. Then there are the breaking and entering and property damage. The torn down fences along with slaughtered livestock and family pets killed. It creates a sizable financial and emotional burden on the property owners and their families while are left with having to clean up their property, mend torn down fencing, and repair property damage from burglaries all out of their own pockets. These are things the MSM largely does not cover much as it does not jive with the current administration's agenda of open border policies. Then there are the Mexican drug cartel activities hauling their wares across open stretches of border where the wall was never finished. They are often better armed than the Border Patrol. For those here that believe what the government is telling them about the border, I challenge them to pay a visit down here, talk to the people that live here face to face, and get their eyes opened to the reality of life on the border. But I doubt that will happen.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    3 months ago

There is no way to know for sure how many illegals are wandering around border cities because CBP estimates that at least 30% or more illegals beyond those apprehended are got aways that remain unaccounted for.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.8    3 months ago

I heard similar things from a friend I have in New Mexico. It is truly the bad lands now.

Northern cities can't handle even a bit of it.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    3 months ago

Congress, including republicans, make laws. Let them earn their keep. You demand others do the same, be consistent.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.12  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.4    3 months ago

Take that bull somewhere else. Sorry! I could not get through the partisan 'butchering' of democrats to complete even reading it. Thus, the effort on your part has been squandered.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6    3 months ago
There you go again, with irresponsible rhetoric about liberals.

It was the simple truth.

Presidents do what they do and if your choice of leadership for this nation can get back into office. . . he will get an opportunity to make the border better or worse. . . depending on perspective. 

I don't want Trump back in but it must be incredibly hard to actually believe he could make the border worse than the way Biden has handled it, just based on past performances of the two men.

Besides all the above, I hear a rumor that congress, that bastion of hand-sitters are debating doing more of NOTHING to fix the issue even when MAGA policies are 'pregnant' in the senate bill offering.

The MAGA crap aside, how does that make Congress different than Traitor Joe?

What didn't you like about the House-passed bill sitting on Chuckie's desk?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    3 months ago
Traitor Joe

[removed] I have no respect for your warped mind.

Biden has been a good president for America.

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    3 months ago
Yesterday House Republicans released two articles of impeachment against Alejandro Mayorkas. They are:

1)  Willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law.

2)  Breach of public trust

And I know damn well the republican's in the House and Senate are not impeaching anybody for breaching the public trust or not complying with the law. . . This bull is crazy!

It would be easier and less time intensive to just take up the senate bill and get on with securing the border. As a nation, we don't have time for these histrionics in or off of NT!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @7    3 months ago
And I know damn well the republican's in the House and Senate are not impeaching anybody for breaching the public trust or not complying with the law. .

Really?  We shall see what the House does.

It would be easier and less time intensive to just take up the senate bill and get on with securing the border. 

The Senate Bill thus far is a milder version of what Biden is already doing. From the democrat point of view the objective is to free up money for aid to Ukraine.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 months ago

Prove it. 

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.3  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.2    3 months ago

State your point, because I can't divine it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @7    3 months ago
As a nation, we don't have time for these histrionics in or off of NT!

We seemed to have had PLENTY of time for the last 3 YEARS while Joe ignored the border and stuck Kamala with the "job".

Why is it suddenly a crisis for Democrats?

CB
Professor Principal
8  CB    3 months ago
In three years approximately 10 million people have been released into the country along with a lot of Fentanyl, gang members, sex traffickers with victims and God only knows how many possible terrorists.

I suppose you have red state prosecutions to demonstrate and validate your numbers rhetoric. Give us a look/see. Get beyond the abstract.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @8    3 months ago
I suppose you have red state prosecutions to demonstrate and validate your numbers rhetoric.

The evidence is in the inner cities where these things do the most damage to the nation's poor Americans.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 months ago

Oh please. You redirected my comment. That is not allowed.

Explore data on fentanyl deaths by state.

Synthetic opioid overdose deaths (mostly fentanyl) by state of residence, 2022

Table showing total fentanyl deaths and deaths per 100, 000 people by state in 2022. California had the most deaths. West Virginia had the highest rate.
MISSING: summary MISSING: current-rows.
State Total deaths Crude death rate per 100,000 people
California
Florida
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
North Carolina
Illinois
Tennessee
New Jersey
Texas
Click column headers to sort

Where does this data come from?

The CDC tracks   drug overdose data   with the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10), which records fentanyl overdose deaths together with those caused by other synthetic opioids. However, they note that fentanyl accounts for most synthetic opioid deaths. Drug overdose deaths may involve multiple drugs; therefore, a single death might be included in more than one ICD-10 category when describing the number of drug overdose deaths involving specific drug

Vic,  show us those "many" prosecutions that RED STATES are carrying out against say, "Fentanyl" deaths caused by the hand of immigrants. You must have stats because you dare insinuate that "10 million"  immigrants to this country are guilty of crimes against this country . Prosecution data now, please!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @8.1.1    3 months ago
because you dare insinuate that "10 million"  immigrants to this country are guilty of crimes against this country

I didn't say every one of them, but since you brought it up, every one that entered the country illegally has committed a crime.

Thank you for showing us the enormous death rate from Fentanyl.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    3 months ago

"...every one that entered the country illegally has committed a crime."

Bingo!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    3 months ago

I see rhetoric and no evidence in your remarks. Give us the evidence; "the beef," Vic. As for the illegality of entering the country. . . that is being widely studied and debated by the proper authorities, and if you feel strongly enough that a crime as been committed-the red states should arrest, try, and deport 'everyone' involved. That is not happening, and you know it is not happening.

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    3 months ago

They want 5,000 a day there should be none

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @9    3 months ago

I was about to say exactly the same thing.

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2  evilone  replied to  charger 383 @9    3 months ago
They want 5,000 a day there should be none

It's never going to be none. Politics is about compromises. We are where we are today because no one wants to compromise and fix a broken outdated system. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @9.2    3 months ago
fix a broken outdated system. 

What is outdated and broken about it?

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.2  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.1    3 months ago

The amount of people that can be handled and processed in a timely manner. We couldn't even do this in the 80's let alone now when every year is a record setting year. You and I have spoken about this before. We should be able to receive a set amount, hold them safely and humanely for processing and either give them a status or return them home. That will take political effort I don't think our politicians have. Neither party seems to want to do much more than use immigration policy as a fund raising tool.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.1    3 months ago

It doesn't allow the mass entry with zero consequences they want.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @9.2.2    3 months ago
The amount of people that can be handled and processed in a timely manner.

How does that happen when we are rushed as we are now? We had/have quotas now. There are too many now. How in the world do you think that would stop illegal immigration?

We should be able to receive a set amount

And that sure as hell isn't the 5,000 a day they are proposing. That is ridiculous and to pander to them is just wrong. Changing the whole system for those numbers is crazy. We don't need that many people migrating here. We don't WANT that many people. Used to be, with the quota system, things worked just fine. These people don't want to wait. And with the sieve border we have and the "processing" and releasing is crap.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @9.2    3 months ago
's never going to be none.

The goal, of course, should be none. Making the perfect the enemy of the good is how the Democrats have created this crisis in the beginning. 

Once  thousand a day was considered evidence of a crisis by the OBAMA admin. This would make 5,000 a day legally acceptable and normalize record breaking amounts of illegal immigration. This isn't a compromise, it's a total surrender.  

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.6  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.4    3 months ago
How does that happen when we are rushed as we are now?

There are no quick, simple and legal solutions to fix what has been ignored for 50 years. 

How in the world do you think that would stop illegal immigration?

Its not illegal if they turn themselves in for asylum. To stop it we would need significant investment in those countries they come from to make them so good they don't want to come here. It might actually reverse the numbers as people would then go back to those countries. We aren't even thinking seriously about trying to do that. I hear lip service every so often about that, but no real investment ever materializes. 

That is ridiculous and to pander to them is just wrong.

Of course it's pandering. It's pandering to Liberals (mostly the young voters) that don't really understand the full complexity of the issue. I don't see it as any more, or less wrong than the far right House members pandering to their base.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @9.2.6    3 months ago

why not simply change the law so that asylum seekers must register at a US embassy in their home country or the one closest to them?

JBB
Professor Principal
9.2.8  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.7    3 months ago

Says a guy opposed to immigration reform!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9.2.8    3 months ago

Instead of reading, you merely invent positions for me.

I won't bother arguing with your imagination.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @9.2.6    3 months ago

Simply put, we need to establish said number of immigrants and THEN and only then, build the system around it. And 5,000 ISN'T it.

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.11  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.7    3 months ago
why not simply change the law so that asylum seekers must register at a US embassy in their home country or the one closest to them?

Sure. Those embassy people don't have anything better to do. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @9.2.11    3 months ago

Yeah, and BP doesn't have anything better to do than process migrants, eh?

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.13  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.10    3 months ago
Simply put, we need to establish said number of immigrants and THEN and only then, build the system around it. And 5,000 ISN'T it.

I don't give a shit about what the number is or isn't. There is no consensus in Congress to do the other part. My point is you can't have one without the other. Enough said on the topic.

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.14  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.12    3 months ago
BP doesn't have anything better to do than process migrants, eh?

Isn't that in their job description already? Look... I don't really care where they do it. At the border checkpoints, at the embassies or at the El Paso Denny's. It's all the same to me.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.2.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @9.2.6    3 months ago

According to the CBP agents I know here where I live, every one has told me that if they cross the border first and then request asylum they are still here illegally and have committed a crime as opposed to requesting asylum first at the closest US consulate to the border or at a port of entry.

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.16  CB  replied to  evilone @9.2.2    3 months ago
That will take political effort I don't think our politicians have. Neither party seems to want to do much more than use immigration policy as a fund raising tool.

To me, nothing about this menacing and vexing problem seems as complicated as congress/presidents (mostly congress) are letting it continue to be. We have people festering here without a proper (fitting) status for decades. . . because of congress indecisiveness or intransigence. 

Also, both parties suffer every two and four years (swinging pendulum back and forth) with risks of officeholder replacements, because of this languishing border/immigration issue. 

Just fix it. Hell, take baby steps that incrementally accrue to a whole solution within say, a  reasonable timeline of oh about 10-20 years period.

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.17  CB  replied to  evilone @9.2.6    3 months ago

Just fix it. Hell, the government should set up a "take baby steps" committee on the issue of the southern border - steps that incrementally accrue to a whole solution within say, a  reasonable timeline of oh about 10-20 years period.

Also, pay little attention to people who gripe about the problem, but when a solution/action is defined they are not present in mind or spirit to aid it repairing any breach in immigration—properly. For example, a large block of years were passing without a national healthcare system until President Obama, a democrat, borrowed a republican idea, and made good on it with a national Affordable Health Care law. Then, it has been physically attacked by republicans (what the hell) every since-even when republicans could not get it removed when in control of all the levers of government. . .Trump is still running on getting rid of the national healthplan in his proposed next administration. 

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.18  evilone  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9.2.15    3 months ago
if they cross the border first and then request asylum they are still here illegally and have committed a crime

That really doesn't address any of my point, but unless they've been sent back before it's a civil offense, not a criminal one. If they've been sent back before they aren't applying for asylum either. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.19  CB  replied to  evilone @9.2.14    3 months ago

More to the point, the issue of illegal immigration is not fault of those "oozing" through the cracks in the border. . .we, this nation, its collective citizenry, has to come together, compromise (there is that dirty word), and declare a path forward to immigration as it once was before all this began to go 'wildly and disproportionately.' In other words, we can not expect immigrants to manage our immigration policy for us. . . or to not take advantage of our hesitancy to take (even "baby steps") to shore up the U.S./Mexico border crisis. 

Furthermore, this continuing border issue speaks to this literal schism in the national consciousness and  will of  U.S. citizens as a whole. 

As is being evidence, one political party can not fix this one without the other party's advisement and assistance. In the meantime, the collective public. . .languishes and mulls it over and over and over ad-nauseam. 

George
Junior Expert
9.2.20  George  replied to  evilone @9.2.18    3 months ago
not a criminal one

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

prev   |   next

Criminal Penalties for Improper Entry to the United States

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.

For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See   8 U.S.C. Section 1325 , I.N.A. Section 275.)

But just in case that isn't enough to deter illegal entrants, a separate section of the law adds penalties for reentry ( or attempted reentry ) in cases where the person had been convicted of certain types of crimes and thus removed (deported) from the U.S., as follows:

Civil Penalties for Unlawful Entry to the United States

Entry (or attempted entry) at a place other than one designated by immigration officers carries additional civil penalties . The amount is at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or twice that amount if the illegal entrant has been previously fined a civil penalty for the same violation. (See   8 U.S.C. Section 1325 , I.N.A. Section 275.)

It is absolutely a criminal offense to illegally enter the US. 

evilone
Professor Guide
9.2.21  evilone  replied to  George @9.2.20    3 months ago
§ 1325 to provide that an alien apprehended while entering or attempting to enter the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a  civil penalty .

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.2.22  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @9.2.20    3 months ago

Thank you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @9.2.14    3 months ago
It's all the same to me.

Sure would seem you don't live anywhere near the border then.

Some people have real, personal experience with this.

One would necessarily be blinded by partisanship to actually believe that Joe Biden gives a fuck about the border, after all, he has ignored it for 3 years and would continue to do so if blue sanctuaries would stop whining about it and it wasn't an election year.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  charger 383 @9    3 months ago

That equates to 1.825 MILLION a year. No thanks!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    3 months ago

CB
Professor Principal
10.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @10    3 months ago

Wow. This video leaves me 'empty.' It's as if the United States is complicit in its own invasion from the 'triangle states' of Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador.  I do find it. . .strange and odd that the people from those countries would fixate on coming to the country that may be involved in their nations' downfall. . . unless they do not know or understand our nation's involvement in their national depletions of political and social advancement. According to the video above. Or if they are coming to the U.S., because of our "shining light sitting on a hill" status and stability.

To be clear, these kinds of videos do leave me wanting, in the sense that as such they leave open as many questions as they answer.

Dig
Professor Participates
11  Dig    3 months ago
In three years approximately 10 million people have been released into the country

A couple of sources I found in a quick search ( MPI and Politifact ) say there have been from about 6 to 8 million encounters at the border since Biden took office, but only around 2.3 or 2.4 million have actually been released into the country, with most of those awaiting immigration court proceedings that might result in their removal.

Where did you get 10 million from?

charger 383
Professor Silent
12  charger 383    3 months ago

This country is already overpopulated.  Climate change, that many complain about, is caused by overpopulation.  Why those who complain about climate change can't see that immigration is increasing that?  

We just can't keep adding more people

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13  Texan1211    3 months ago

Joe Biden doesn't deserve to be reelected.

He has been a disaster regarding the border despite the latest "pleas" for money to fix what he refused to even acknowledge as a problem for 3 years, and suing states who actually do try to enforce the law.

Biden is what we end up with because people hated Trump so much.

Biden is what we end up with when voters settle because of the hatred for one man.

I suppose one can say we got what we voted for--or at least what some of us voted for.

Personally, I will find someone to vote for, and not let my dislike of Biden or my hatred for his lousy policies dictate my vote.

JBB
Professor Principal
14  JBB    3 months ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @14    3 months ago

Do you hold Democrats responsible for the ones coming in prior to 2024 after Biden was sworn in?!??!!?