╌>

Saving Joe Biden

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  44 comments

Saving Joe Biden
Thanks largely to a special counsel report, longstanding anxieties about President Joe Biden’s vigor have reemerged as a campaign issue at a moment when Democrats would rather talk about anything else. The 81-year-old Biden bristles at suggestions that he has lost a step. Meanwhile, his White House staff, reelection campaign and other Democratic officials rush to his defense.

Link to quote: After Robert Hur's Biden age comments, could any Democrats really take his place in 2024? (msn.com)

Robert Hur has the dems scrambling to tell us that he is vibrant and focused. To think that democrats had this all planned out. Donald Trump would be convicted of some crime and Biden would win the election. Thus, we are now hearing from failed bloggers and the readers of Kendi. Our giggling vice president says, "she is ready to serve." Meanwhile the White House rolled out a communications expert to tell us all that Biden is OK after Biden bungled a response to Hur's claim.

I really don't understand all the concern. Since a lawyer by the name of Marc Elias changed the rules in battleground states in 2020, democrats have won elections that have defied all the conventional wisdom. Right now, one could argue that even if they slaughtered half the population, they would win again in 2024.  Until something is done about unverified signatures on mail in ballots, the lack of checking on non-citizens voting and ballot harvesting, we can only expect to keep heading down the road to a one party dictatorship.

Here are some of the more comical defenses of Biden's mental fitness:

“I talk to President Biden regularly. Usually several times in a week. His mental acuity is great, it’s fine, it’s as good as it’s been over the years," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday morning.

After Robert Hur's Biden age comments, could any Democrats really take his place in 2024? (msn.com)

"What's crazy is thinking that we are the ones as voters who must silence concerns and criticisms," Jon Stewart, comedian and political commentator, said on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Monday. "It is the candidates’ job to assuage concerns — not the voters job not to mention them.”

Democrats bungle Biden age concerns, some critics say | Reuters

“In my interactions with the president, which I have regularly, I’ve not experienced anything like that,” said Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly. “When I came back from Ukraine the last time, I spent a good amount of time with him on the phone, talking about Ukraine and the details, and he was sharp.”

Biden tries to lay to rest age concerns, but may have exacerbated them | CNN Politics

In other news:

The man who defiantly kept the US border open was impeached last night.

Tom Suozzi, a democrat won a special House election to replace George Santos in a Long Island district that Joe Biden won by 8 points. For what it's worth he defeated a Republican who refused to endorse Donald Trump and was a virtual unknown barely able to speak English.

House democrats are preparing a procedural trick known as a discharge petition to get around Speaker Johnson on the aid package.

S enators Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) and Ron Johnson (R., Wis.) identified an aspect of the Biden classified documents investigation left out of special counsel  Robert Hur’s  final report. Grassley and Johnson wrote a  letter  Friday to Hur, FBI Director Christopher Wray, and Attorney General Merrick Garland asking why Hur’s report appeared to omit any mention of nine boxes of Joe Biden records retrieved from attorney Patrick Moore’s Boston office.

Republican Senators Grassley, Johnson Point Out Key Detail Missing From Hur Report (msn.com)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning and Happy Valentines Day

GGTKmUUX0AAxc_3?format=jpg&name=360x360

For my Catholic friends, it is also Ash Wednesday.

There is also a parade for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
Biden bristles at suggestions that he has lost a step.

Classic sign of dementia and reduced cognisance. Anger at the slightest of questioning and frustration.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    2 months ago

He is a Freudian delight.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    2 months ago

Classic sign of dementia and reduced cognisance. Anger at the slightest of questioning and frustration.

Yep, it's definitely a sign as is the frequent repeating of stories. Anyone who's helped care for an elderly relative who was suffering under the beginnings of dementia should recognize that. 

George
Junior Expert
1.1.3  George  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.2    2 months ago

It’s getting harder to hide his senility, The NYTimes did a survey of undecided independents. These were their responses.

"He’s a little bit senile, and I do think if you can’t do the job, it’s time to step down," Natalie, 22, remarked. 

"I think he’s unfit for the presidency. A president should be the commander in chief. And he does not appear to be a capable commander in chief," Richard, 36, said

North Carolina counselor Kim, 43, called Biden a "puppet."

"That’s because I feel like he really tap-dances. I don’t know what he’s done. It just seems like he’s just throwing things out there to please almost anyone," she claimed.

Alabama mother Yalena, 22, also felt she couldn't trust the president.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @1.1.3    2 months ago

I think it is long past time to put him back in the basement.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.2    2 months ago

Schumer said: "His mental acuity is great!"

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  George @1.1.3    2 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.6    2 months ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.2    2 months ago
Anger at the slightest of questioning and frustration

That applies to those snookered by Biden as they rush to his defense.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    2 months ago

Speaking of snookered, it's that time again...time to get the black vote motivated:

"The Biden-Harris campaign is launching a series of radio, print and digital ads targeting Black voters in battleground states. The ads, according to the reelection campaign, will highlight promises President Biden kept to Black Americans over the last four years. 

Two radio ads —  “Reflect,” which runs  for 30 seconds, and  “Remarkable,” which is a  minute long — will run Feb. 14-26 in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Detroit, Phoenix, Raleigh, N.C., and Charlotte, N.C."

Biden, Harris celebrate Black History Month with ads touting promises kept | The Hill

Biden-Harris-2024.png?w=2000&ssl=1

Don't forget, he put Kamala right there just in case he goes into a coma!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 months ago

I heard one of those ads on the radio this morning. Laughed my ass off. Talk about pandering bullshit. It's a wonder the lady speaking didn't have an orgasm. Or maybe she did.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.10    2 months ago

Like Joe told them: If you aren't voting for me, you aren't black!

Jim Clyburn says: don't use your brain, just vote for Biden.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
For my Catholic friends, it is also Ash Wednesday.

Just a little correction, Vic, if I may. There are many Christian denominations other than Roman Catholics that observe Ash Wednesday and Lent.

There is also a parade for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Breaking news: Shots fired near the Chiefs' Super Bowl Parade.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2    2 months ago
There are many Christian denominations other than Roman Catholics that observe Ash Wednesday and Lent.

My apologies.

Breaking news: Shots fired near the Chiefs' Super Bowl Parade.

And a lot is being held back thus far.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago

Are you speaking of the countless right wing whack jobs that are on twitter right now saying it's a false flag?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    2 months ago

Probably part of the DoD pay-op campaign using Taylor Swift and an engineered KC victory to spoil the 24 election.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    2 months ago

No, John, my statement is very clear.

We have had 3 in custody since yesterday and neither their identities nor their motives have been revealed. That means something.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago

True. Even today, all we know about the shooters being held is that a couple of them are juveniles. But, that didn't stop Biden from almost immediately calling for stricter gun laws and banning what he thinks are "assault rifles".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.5    2 months ago

Nobody has even been charged yet.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

One of the few real journalists in the MSM was fired by CBS.

GGPjN3MWIAAB6N5?format=jpg&name=small

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

Oh shit. Did she drop too many truth bombs?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    2 months ago

She is in trouble for refusing to divulge sources. Remember when that was a badge of honor for the press?

But the reason for the firing is supposedly cutbacks and downsizing. They fired 3 reporters.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    2 months ago

You would think that CBS would stand by her. Especially someone who brought balance to her reporting.

Instead, CBS is rejecting those values.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 months ago

FOX is footing her legal bills according to Greg's article since that is where she worked in 2017 when she broke the story.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    2 months ago

As it should be, I guess.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 months ago

Wow, this is a shocker. She always struck me as a well-prepared expert journalist, and it seems that many, other than CBS, agree with my assessment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Today's opening statement from Tony Bobulinski before his sworn House interview:

"[Joe Biden] family’s foreign influence peddling operation – from China to Ukraine and elsewhere – sold out to foreign actors who were seeking to gain influence and access to Joe Biden and the United States government. Joe Biden was more than a participant in and beneficiary of his family’s business; he was an enabler, despite being buffered by a complex scheme to maintain plausible deniability."

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

That should leave a mark. But, it will be spun. Oh yes, it will be spun.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 months ago

Right now they are demanding extensive evidence, such as Xi putting money directly in Joe Biden's pocket.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

Guy testifies under oath that Biden was involved in his son's Chinese businesses adventures

Progressive response: There's no evidence  Biden was involved in his son's Chinese businesses adventures

It's as predictable as the sun rising

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2    2 months ago

That's the way it is Sean. The critical thinkers, the readers of Kendi and our failed bloggers demand nothing short of an actual photo of Biden taking cash from Xi.

AKA: "the facts rolling in."

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2    2 months ago
Guy testifies under oath that Biden was involved in his son's Chinese businesses adventures

Bobulinski was not present at the February 2017 meeting in Miami and "was not ... privy to any discussions." Lowell cited WhatsApp messages Bobulinski sent days after that meeting to another business associate expressing frustration that he was not invited to attend the meeting.

In fact, according to the communications described by Lowell, Bobulinski was even not aware that Hunter Biden was part of the joint venture until nearly a week after the Miami meeting.

"This was all done to advance a debunked conspiracy theory that somehow Joseph Biden was involved in [Hunter] Biden's business venture with [the Chinese firm], including as Vice President,"  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago
Today's opening statement from Tony Bobulinski before his sworn House interview:

Time for the Bob Menendez strategy: just ignore it till it goes away.  I'm surprised no one has pointed out the coincidental duplicity of those on the platform awaiting the gravy train.  Who's got a ticket to ride?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @3.3    2 months ago

Ya, whatever happened to that case?

There is no rush to justice there!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    2 months ago

Democrats alter the Statue of Liberty to represent their new illegal immigration values.

Give me your criminal, your terrorist
Your drug mule masses yearning to sell free
The murderer. rapist, and pedophile of your teeming shore
Send the sex trafficked children to me
I lift my lamp over wide open borders!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 months ago

And send every one of them a ballot / S

And don't forget to pay your taxes by 4/15. The migrants are depending upon it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 months ago

Democrat Senator Chris Murphy said it out loud on MSNBC:

"The people we care about most, the undocumented."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

I think we'll have to give up on the nation. Maybe William Devane is right.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Robert Hur yelled 'Look, squirrel!' and provided the unbiased liberal press an excuse to sweep the whole thing under the rug.  Hur's report is incomplete and appears to deliberately omit (cover up?) the most egregious aspects of the affair.  How typical that Republicans play along.  

GOP Senators Press DOJ On ‘Apparent Omission’ In Biden Docs Report <= It's a link, click it

Yeah, let's argue about Biden's age and ignore Biden's criminal incompetence.  Biden's a doddering old fool who can't be prosecuted, after all.  Great job, Hur, you're now Garland's top fishmonger.  Was that a red herring?  Do you smell something?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  Nerm_L @6    2 months ago

Anyone think Hur is giving Brandon a pass in return for nothing?

We just have to wait to see what the payoff is.

Chances are that will be after the 2024 election. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources  say

Biden in a nutshell.  Brings up beau Biden on his own and out of context and botches the year he died. Special counsel reports what biden said.  Biden then gets performatively angry and self righteous while  lying about  what happened in order to falsely attack the special counsel.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/biden-attacked-hur-asking-beau-died-didnt-happen-sources-say-rcna138709 

story of Biden’s career.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    2 months ago

Don't know why your link doesn't work but here is one that should.