╌>

Does Boeing Stand a Chance Anymore??

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  outis  •  2 months ago  •  10 comments

By:   Mentour Now!

Does Boeing Stand a Chance Anymore??
What does Boeing’s latest crisis tell us about their position compared to Airbus? How far behind Airbus are Boeing today, and could they recover this lost ground? Things aren’t looking good for Boeing, to say the least, but… there may be a thin ray of hope for them, after all.

Aviation fascinates me.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Outis
Freshman Principal
1  seeder  Outis    2 months ago

There are several good YouTube channels for aviation news. "Cody ExPlanes" is another that I subscribe to.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 months ago

I read an article a week or so ago where they outlined what they felt was the start and heart of the problem. To make it short Boeing had very few outside contractors and those were in Japan and were long-term and exceptionally reliable, they started farming out more and more of their work and were unable to manage the supply chain or oversite of the outside contractors and one contractor, in particular, had a serious problem for years and Boeing nor the contractor was able to correct the ongoing problem.

Perhaps this drive to cut cost is costing them a lot more than anticipated. According to the video, Airbus has many many more orders so I would suspect that with Boeing and Airbus being the two major manufacturers Boeing will still be around for quite some time. But may be a lot like Avis ''We try harder''.

Outis
Freshman Principal
2.1  seeder  Outis  replied to  Kavika @2    2 months ago

I saw something similar. Managing subcontractors is a skill that must be learned. Apparently Boeing didn't take the necessary precautions.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Outis @2.1    2 months ago

Managing subcontractors and the supply chain and QC has been the downfall of many a company.

Outis
Freshman Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Outis  replied to  Kavika @2.1.1    2 months ago

I remember my astonishment when PanAm went under. That just couldn't be true! 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    2 months ago

Boeing's got orders for close to 5700 aircraft, not sure how much of that is military. So they aren't in danger of going out of business.

Most of their current problems come from bad bean counting management pushing product out the door, instead of concentrating on safety and quality control. Long term career engineers were ignored.

Several good aviation channel on YouTube. Two that I watch regularly are Juan Browne on "blancolirio" channel and Dan Gryder Probable Cause.

NTSB Preliminary Report 'Rebuild Rescue' Cougar Crash (youtube.com)

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4  Gazoo    2 months ago

There is a really good documentary on netflix about boeing. It’s called “downfall: the case against boeing.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    2 months ago

I heard from a friend recently: "If it's Boeing I'm not going."

Outis
Freshman Principal
5.1  seeder  Outis  replied to  Gsquared @5    2 months ago

I've read that there have been many cancelations of 737Max travelers.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Outis @5.1    2 months ago

That is not a surprise.