╌>

Delta adds another eclipse flight as companies look to capitalize solar event

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  7 months ago  •  10 comments

By:   Denise Chow

Delta adds another eclipse flight as companies look to capitalize solar event
Passengers who book a special Delta flight will have the chance to witness the total solar eclipse in April from a unique vantage point: 30,000 feet in the air.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The eclipse is expected to be a major travel and tourism draw, with many companies already moving to take advantage. Hotels are offering eclipse packages, and state tourism boards are touting a variety of events tied to the cosmic event.

For April's eclipse, the path of totality cuts across Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Tiny parts of Michigan and Tennessee will also be able to experience totality if conditions are clear.

In all other parts of the continental U.S., skywatchers will see a partial solar eclipse, with the moon appearing to take a "bite" out of the sun and obscuring only part of it in the sky.

To safely view an eclipse, skywatchers must use eclipse glasses or pinhole projectors to prevent eye damage. People should never gaze directly at the sun during a solar eclipse, even when the sun is partly or mostly covered by the moon.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Outis
Freshman Expert
1  Outis    7 months ago

This would be very cool. Do they propose wheelchair service?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    7 months ago

Airplane windows are not exactly "picture windows", and how do people sitting on the other side of the aisle from the seats on the sun side get to see anything?  

shona1
Professor Quiet
2.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 months ago

Arvo.. normally here they rotate the seats so everyone gets a turn at the window etc...

Not that we would see anything here at the moment if it was down our way.

Have got one of the hell on earth days here..some parts of Victoria hitting 45oC and there are bushfires on the march as we do the dance with the devil once again..

Towns have been evacuated, schools closed and we hold our breath for the worst but hoping for the best..

Not my photo..about 3.5 hours north east of me..some houses have been lost and farm sheds but so far no lives lost..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @2.1    7 months ago

45 C ?  My God, that IS Hell on Earth.  One of the nicknames for Chongqing, the city in which my wife and I live (it's her home town), is "One of the 3 furnaces of China" but as long as I've been here it's never got close to that hot. 

shona1
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    7 months ago

It really isn't that unusual for summer here, especially up Mildura and Swan Hill way..it doesn't last long a few days and then it drops etc..

It happens every year, but when you get north winds that come from the desert and strong winds.. catastrophe awaits.. sometimes we get away with it and others we don't..

Victoria's climate is very similar to California, two of the most bushfire prone areas in the world..

Firies from NSW and SA have come over to help, as we do for them in their hour or need...

Blowing hard here now where I am still 33oC and thunder clouds are coming..

Good in one way may bring rain, bad in another as it usually means lightning..hope it rains first..😀

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 months ago

They fly Boeing planes so the doors fall off at 30,000 for a great view.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @2.2    7 months ago

Because of the original 737 Max problem followed by the door falling off I think the executives at Airbus probably broke out the champagne.

Outis
Freshman Expert
2.3  Outis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 months ago

They fly the airplane upside-down half the time.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Outis @2.3    7 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

shona1
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  shona1  replied to  Outis @2.3    7 months ago

So that would be the right way up down here..

Devangy keeps telling me we are upside down... don't see it myself..

🦘🦘🦘