╌>

Garvey now in statistical tie with Schiff in California Senate race: Poll

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  7 months ago  •  26 comments

By:   Story by Julia Mueller

Garvey now in statistical tie with Schiff in California Senate race: Poll

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

R ep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and Republican candidate Steve Garvey are now in a statistical tie in California’s nonpartisan Senate primary, polling released Friday shows.

The  poll from the  Institute of Governmental Studies (IGS) at the University of California, Berkeley found Garvey with 27 percent support and Schiff at 25 percent.

Rep. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) came in outside of the top-two with 19 percent, while Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) trailed with just 8 percent.

In California’s nonpartisan primary system, the top two vote-getters will advance to a runoff in November, regardless of party affiliation. The candidates are looking to fill the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s (D) vacancy, which is currently being filled by temporary appointee Sen. Laphonza Butler (D).

Schiff, who  has been leading  in other polling over the last few weeks, has appeared to  try to elevate Garvey  — since spectators say a Democrat-Republican showdown would be easier for Schiff to win than a battle between lawmakers in the same party.

The Berkeley IGS poll notes a “large increase” in support for Garvey over the last several weeks, and he fares even better in the partial-term race on the California ballot.

Schiff, Porter, Garvey and Lee are running both for a full term in the Senate that starts in January 2025, and also for a partial term to take over from Butler between this November and the start of the next term.

Garvey boasts the lead in the partial term race, according to the Berkeley IGS poll, with 29 percent to Schiff’s 23 percent, followed by Porter at 20 percent. That boost appears to be due to fewer Republican names on the partial-term ballot compared to the full-term ballot, the poll notes.

California is seeing notably low turnout for the primary, just days before Super Tuesday, and  data indicates it’s  predominantly older Californians casting ballots at this point.

The Berkeley IGS poll found nearly two-thirds of the likely electorate were 50 or older, tripling the number of voters under 40.

“Garvey is the chief beneficiary in a low turnout election scenario, as he holds a huge advantage over the field among fellow Republicans and both he and Schiff are the two most preferred candidates among older voters, whites, and homeowners,” the poll release reads.

The poll was conducted Feb. 22-27 among 6,536 California registered voters, of which 3,304 had already voted or were likely to vote. The estimated sampling error is approximately plus or minus 2 percentage points.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    7 months ago

Evidently, they didn't poll the illegal migrants.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    7 months ago

Sorry to burst your bubble Vic but unless Garvey gets to 50% he's a goner

the top two make the runoff which will likely be Schiff and Garvey and all those democratic votes that went for those other Dem candidates are going to go to Schiff and he's going to win easily

of course it is only California

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    7 months ago

I know all about the asshole rank voting system. That's why I mentioned the illegals. After all, they saved Newscum from a recall.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    7 months ago

That is complete bullshit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    7 months ago

California allows illegals to obtain driver's license and if you have a CA driver's license you can participate in the voting process.

They even get to hold office.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    7 months ago
In California’s nonpartisan primary system, the top two vote-getters will advance to a runoff in November, regardless of party affiliation. 

Its possible Garvey wont even make the runoff

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    7 months ago

That is utterly and entirely untrue regarding all statewide and national elections everywhere in the US. It remains a major state and national crime for non-citizens to vote for President, Congress, Governor, Senator or any other high statewide or national office in California or anywhere else in the US . And no, we are not talking about school boards and city councils. So, no stupid quibbling about that kind if bullshit. This is why this is not a real problem or even a real issue, in all truth! You have had this explained to you repeatedly. Why do you continue to spread rank preposterous misinformation?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @2.1.4    7 months ago
Why do you continue to spread rank preposterous misinformation?

Its fun? 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    7 months ago

Absolutely everyone who has or ever will read this comment thread knows damn well that non-citizens cannot legally vote in any statewide or national elections in the USA!

Everyone!

Voter fraud is extremely difficult, highly illegal, easily detected and harshly proscuted nationwide. It requires a huge conspiracy to accomplish any results, even on a small scale. It is nothing but a far far right-wing bugaboo issue in all reality!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @2.1.4    7 months ago
. It remains a major state and national crime for non-citizens to vote for President, Congress, Governor, Senator or any other high statewide or national office in California or anywhere else in the US 

It was also illegal for the illegal aliens to cross the border or overstay their visas but they did it anyways. If the going to ignore one law what's stopping them from from breaking another. Of course having so many liberals on theiside doesn't hurt them none. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Kavika   replied to  JBB @2.1.4    7 months ago
Why do you continue to spread rank preposterous misinformation?

He has no facts?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    7 months ago

Did Kelly Wong not have a driver's licence?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.9    7 months ago

She is not a citizen, therefore she should not be an election commissioner.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.11  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    7 months ago

or any other position of authority or public trust. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    7 months ago

That issue is adequately dealt with on the original topic seed.  I made my position clear there, even though I stood on the "other" side (of the ocean as well). 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.11    7 months ago

You win, for the time being.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.12    7 months ago

That is the only issue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    7 months ago

GHvLbMeaYAA9CfE?format=jpg&name=small

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    7 months ago

It doesn’t matter. The Republicans only need one seat to change, and that will probably happen in West Virginia anyway.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    7 months ago

I guess since salwell is too broke, Schiff the Maryland resident is the perfect representative for California. Another person who  fled the state obsessed with spreading the poisonous ideology that’s ruined it. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    7 months ago

I am a lifelong Dodger fan, and when I was growing up, Steve was our First Baseman for like 11 years. I’m a fan of his - as a baseball player. But I can’t fathom why that means I should put him in the Senate.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     7 months ago

Steve Garvey the perfect fit for the party of family values.

It’s not exactly a high-security clearance secret that a fellow who once had a pristine persona, Steve Garvey, the former Dodger first baseman, turned out to be quite a ladies man, as his first wife, Cyndy Garvey, wrote a tell-all book about Garvey’s extra-martial affairs that included his later admitting to having fathered two children from two women with whom he wasn’t married. The Garv wound up with seven children from four women, but the chivalrous fellow did exchange wedding vows with two of them.

I had season tickets to the Dodgers with Garvey, The Penguin, Russell and Lopes the perfect infield, Steve was really good if he was on the ball field, off it oh my that boy was a dog family values all the way, well sort of.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @5    7 months ago

I'd have to vote for him for his game 4 walk off in the NLCS, but nobody actually likes Steve Garvey. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @5    7 months ago

Sorry we all can't support career criminals like Democrats know and love.  The Clintons and Bidens come to mind. Though the Obamas are fighting hard to catch up. I would name House and Senate Democrats- but all Congressmen seem to profit from insider trading and writing laws that benefit themselves.

Nor can we support those that employ and in one case sleep with Chinese spies. Swalwell and Feinstein.

Not surprised leftists attack Garvey- while ignoring the human piece of garbage they put into the House Schiff- who literally lied repeatedly, fabricated evidence, and was the leader in breaking House rules behind Pelosi in the "Get Trump at all costs" venture.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    7 months ago

original

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5    7 months ago

congress exposes that jockstrap has-been to a whole new meat market, and an excuse to be away from home.