╌>

Ketanji Brown Jackson Warns Right To Free Speech Could Lead To People Speaking Freely

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  one month ago  •  18 comments

Ketanji Brown Jackson Warns Right To Free Speech Could Lead To People Speaking Freely
WASHINGTON, D.C. — With oral arguments taking place before the United States Supreme Court regarding online censorship, Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson issued a grave warning that the right to free speech would mean people could speak freely.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON, D.C. — With oral arguments taking place before the United States Supreme Court regarding online censorship, Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson issued a grave warning that the right to free speech would mean people could speak freely.

As the nation's highest court considers whether the federal government can limit free speech on social media platforms, Justice Jackson expressed alarm at the potential for the First Amendment provision of free speech to allow people to actually say whatever they want.

"This is a very dangerous idea," Jackson said. "Having the right to free speech plainly written into the Constitution could set a frightening precedent that would let people in this country, like say whatever they want. What if someone wants to say a bad thing that I hate? The founders clearly did not anticipate this when they wrote the Bill of Rights."

Jackson continued to explain her concern as several other justices on the court reportedly proceeded to look at their copies of the U.S. Constitution, then back at Jackson, then back at the Constitution, and back at Jackson.

"I mean, what if someone is saying something dangerous? Or sharing an incorrect meme?" Jackson asked. "What then? Shouldn't the government be able to stop that? It's not like it's a 'right,' is it? Next thing you know, people will be saying the Constitution gives them the right to own guns. Ridiculous."

At publishing time, arguments had to be suspended to give Justice Jackson an opportunity to read a 2nd-grade history textbook about The Constitution.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    one month ago

Jaysus...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @1    one month ago

Yes, she is the ultimate lightweight in the history of the Court.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2  cjcold    one month ago

The right to speak freely is one thing

The right to intentionally lie and spread misinformation is another.

[Deleted][]

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  cjcold @2    one month ago
The right to speak freely is one thing The right to intentionally lie and spread misinformation is another.

Nah, same right...

I reserve the right to shoot those who spread misinformation.

Huh, that sounds more than a little fascist.....

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  cjcold  replied to  GregTx @2.1    one month ago

[]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @2.1.1    one month ago
Amazing how easy it is to track down folk these days.

How many have you caught to date?

bccrane
Freshman Silent
2.1.3  bccrane  replied to  cjcold @2.1.1    one month ago
Intentionally spreading misinformation online = you die!

Hmmm, let's see how far I can go before the ultimatum:

1.  I agree that all coastal low lying areas including most of Florida will be inundated by the oceans, should be good so far, the only difference between me and the scientists is I used the word "will" and they use "may".

2.  I agree that Greenland will lose most of its ice sheet, again the only difference is "will" and "may".

3.  I agree that Antarctica will lose some of its ice sheet, again ditto.

4.  I agree that the climate will warm, still ditto.

5.  I agree that the melting from the warming will cause major sea level rises, still a ditto.

This next part maybe where you draw the line:

Items 1 through 5 will happen before the next Ice Age, because that is what has happened before each Ice Age, and CO2 has nothing to do with it, we can't change it, and we can't stop it.  Ice ages come from the accumulation of too much warm water in the seas being carried into the colder latitudes where the extra lift and resulting added precipitation start piling up and building the ice sheets of an ice age more than the melting of the summers.  And once the ice sheets are expansive enough even the liquid precipitation in the summers will pool on the ice sheets and freeze in the next winter.  This will continue until there is not enough water in the oceans in the colder latitudes to continue the build up and the cooling brings the end of the ice age.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.1.4  goose is back  replied to  cjcold @2.1.1    one month ago
Amazing how easy it is to track down folk these days.

Fucking, bring it!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2  Gazoo  replied to  cjcold @2    one month ago

I reserve the right to shoot those who spread science misinformation.”

All those people saying there are more than two genders and men can get pregnant and stuff like that better keep their head on a swivel then.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  Gazoo @2.2    one month ago

Except, 1 to 2 out of 100 are born with ambiguous external sexual characteristics, meaning they are born intersex...

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2.2  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    one month ago

Ok, you can have that one. What about the other 60 or 70?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    one month ago

Except, 1 to 2 out of 100 are born with ambiguous external sexual characteristics, meaning they are born intersex.

No they aren’t. 

Better watch out, you might get shot for that.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.3    one month ago

Stupid is denying that people exist who factually do exist. There are thousands and thousands of Americans born intersexual. They do exist. Do you deny that they do?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    one month ago
upid is denying that people exist who factually do exist.

Stupid is lying about numbers and claiming things that aren't true. 1-2% of the population is not intersex. 

Nor does fraction of a percent of people with developmental disabilities change the fact that sex is binary. 

There are thousands and thousands of Americans born intersexual.

You've gone from millions to thousands. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.3  arkpdx  replied to  cjcold @2    one month ago
I reserve the right to shoot those who spread science misinformation.

Do tell , what constitutional amendment gives out that right. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @2    one month ago

Misinformation became a matter of opinion. During covid the government conspired with social media companies to block users and posts discussing adverse effects of Covid shots or arguing against masking and school closures. During the 2020 campaign social media was pressured to censor a legitimate news story that would hurt Joe Biden at the polls.

The government was wrong about all of it, and those censored were right. 

And once again it just proves the disdain that progressives have for the rights our Constitution protects.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  cjcold @2    one month ago

If that was the case Brain Dead Biden would be in jail.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4  arkpdx    one month ago

Seems like she not only doesn't know much about biology because she couldn't define what a woman is, she doesn't know much about the Constitution. Well that's what go get when someone appoint for color and gender instead of knowledge and competence.