╌>

Missionary's chilling letter before he was killed by 'cannibal tribe' he was trying to convert - World News - Mirror Online

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 weeks ago  •  50 comments

By:   Alan Johnson (The Mirror)

Missionary's chilling letter before he was killed by 'cannibal tribe' he was trying to convert - World News - Mirror Online
Missionary John Allen Chau was keen to tell Sentinelese people about Jesus after learning about them at school. He travelled to the remote North Sentinel island and was attacked by a tribe

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A chilling letter was penned by missionary before he was killed by 'cannibal tribe' he was trying to convert.

John Allen Chau visited North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean in 2018. He was keen to tell the native Sentinelese people about Jesus after learning about them at school. He had hoped the remote tribe would welcome him, but astonishingly the hostile group killed him with arrows as he arrived at the shore in a canoe.

They had been known to kill anyone who came near them and avoided contact with others for thousands of years The Daily Star reported others stated the North Sentinelese practised cannibalism, but wrongly, this belief grew from misunderstanding about a neighbouring tribe, the Onge, who chopped up and burned the flesh of their dead to prevent them being taken over by evil spirits.

John Allen Chau, an American Christian missionary who was killed by the Sentinelese Indigenous tribe of the Andaman Islands, India ( Image: Internet Unknown)John was adamant he would take his Christian message to the remote tribe ( Image: Facebook)

Despite their reputation, John went to the island around November 16th, 2018. The last time anyone saw him alive was when fishermen he hired dropped him off at the island in protected waters. No one saw his death but one fisherman said he saw a "dead person being buried at the shore" that looked like John. This was when they came back to pick him up a few days later.

The Sentinelese Indigenous tribe of Andaman Islands, India

He left his journal with the fishermen before he went to the island. This is where he wrote the note for his loved ones and said he was 'doing this to establish the kingdom of Jesus on the island'. He asked them not to 'blame the natives if he was killed. John wrote: "You guys might think I'm crazy in all this but I think it's worth it to declare Jesus to these people," he started. Please do not be angry at them or at God if I get killed."

John reached the Andman islands by canoe and his body was found on the beach after being attacked by arrows in Adaman and Nicobar ( Image: Internet Unknown)

"Rather please live your lives in obedience to whatever he has called you to and I'll see you again when you pass through the veil. This is not a pointless thing - the eternal lives of this tribe is at hand and I can't wait to see them around the throne of God worshipping in their own language as Revelations 7:9-10 states.

"I love you all and I pray none of you love anything in this world more than Jesus Christ."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 weeks ago

Cannibals! Cannibals Everywhere! 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    2 weeks ago

thumper got a free arrow shirt...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 weeks ago
"A chilling letter was penned by missionary before he was killed by 'cannibal tribe' he was trying to convert."

Guess he ended up being converted by the tribe - into a nice meal. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
3  shona1    2 weeks ago

Evening...well he was told this would not go down well with the locals..

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  shona1 @3    2 weeks ago

looks like fringe thumpers are bringing back human sacrifice to their cult...

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 weeks ago

Idiots, idiots everywhere.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4    2 weeks ago

tsk, tsk, tsk, natives and missionaries...

... looks like he might have skipped a few church history lessons.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    2 weeks ago

Guess what went through his head when that first arrow hit him.  The second arrow.  He brought it on himself.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 weeks ago

LOL. wtf? they gave him a xtian burial... on the beach even...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

I never thought I'd see such a celebration over the death of a human being.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

[Deleted][]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1    2 weeks ago

[]

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1    2 weeks ago

no shit. where's a catholic missionary when you really need one? those poor savages have probably never heard of geezus or pedophilia.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

[]

George
Junior Expert
6.2.1  George  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    2 weeks ago

How can that be from the party of tolerance and inclusion? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  George @6.2.1    2 weeks ago
How can that be from the party of tolerance and inclusion?

One must always remember that the "party of tolerance and inclusion" is nothing but a fantasy pushed by those who belong to the group.

It isn't a real thing.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    2 weeks ago

this story is more about stupidity than religion, although they sometimes seem synonymous...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @6.2.3    2 weeks ago
this story is more about stupidity than religion, although they sometimes seem synonymous.

Only to those inclined to be misinformed or uninformed.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    2 weeks ago

see? common ground found ...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @6.2.5    2 weeks ago

No, you must have misunderstood.

Those who think that religion and stupidity are synonyms are the ones misinformed or uninformed.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

Celebration? Happiness? [Deleted][]

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

[Deleted][]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.5  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.5.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @6.5    2 weeks ago

I for one am thrilled for him, that he is now with Jesus.  If getting himself killed wasn’t a concern for him, then why should it be for any of us?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.5.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.5.1    2 weeks ago
I for one am thrilled for him

Of course you are, I would never expect less from you.

Thank you for so adeptly proving the points made.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.5.3  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.5.1    2 weeks ago

he knew what he was getting into, hence his letter. he could've saved on airfare by finding a closer and still fatal religious test.

shona1
PhD Quiet
6.6  shona1  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago

Morning...so he wanted to see them around the throne of God worshipping him in their own language...

All religion does is bring death, destruction and disease to Aboriginal people..as we have seen around the world...

They have lived there for thousands of years on their island in peace and harmony with their environment so why do they need a flaming Christian God?

His arrogance was astounding...and no the Sentinilese people do not need saving...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.6.1  Gsquared  replied to  shona1 @6.6    2 weeks ago
the Sentinilese people do not need saving

Not by an arrogant interloper.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.6.2  devangelical  replied to  shona1 @6.6    2 weeks ago

we may have stumbled upon the best way of ridding the planet of religious wackos...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.6.3  Gsquared  replied to  devangelical @6.6.2    2 weeks ago

We don't want to put that kind of a burden on the Sentinilese people.  It is estimated that there are only between 50 and 200 of them.  The just want to be left alone.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.6.4  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @6.6.3    2 weeks ago

they could handle one at a time once a week or so...

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 weeks ago

24359064-bnqfppce-v4.webp

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8  Freefaller    2 weeks ago

Stupidity can be funny.  

So what's with all the cannibal articles today?  While it is a nice change from the normal diet of political hate pieces it is a bit of an odd topic (interesting but still odd)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @8    2 weeks ago

Are there any recipes posted?

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1    2 weeks ago

roasted thumper? cream of thumper soup? thumper and dumplings? thumper pot stickers?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @8.1.1    2 weeks ago

I wonder how well that would do in a lasagna?

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.2    2 weeks ago

I don't think that was thumper's last supper...

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.1.4  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1    2 weeks ago
Are there any recipes posted?

LOL it's the internet so although I haven't looked I'm pretty sure there are recipes out there.

Just to be accurate the natives of this island are not known to be cannibals

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Freefaller @8.1.4    2 weeks ago

I probably wouldn't eat any jerky they offered me ...

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.1.6  Freefaller  replied to  devangelical @8.1.5    2 weeks ago

Lol of course you wouldn't, it's hard to eat when you've got a chest full of arrows

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

So what's with all the cannibal articles tod

Dragging up old stories to deflect from the president lying about his uncle being eaten by them.  Any time  weeks or months old stories get posted its to deflect for Biden.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 weeks ago
Dragging up old stories to deflect from the president lying about his uncle being eaten by them.  Any time  weeks or months old stories get posted its to deflect for Biden.

sn7lg.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.2  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 weeks ago

Bingo!

They are covering for Brandon the pathological liar and human fuck up machine again!

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
9.3  Freefaller  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 weeks ago

Ahh politics and politicians that explains the quesy feeling I go when I read the story, lol

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     2 weeks ago

The Sengelenese people are protected by the Indian government. It is illegal to contact them or encroach on their land/island. This is well-known throughout the area. 

If the missionary had followed the law instead of breaking it he would be alive today. He had no business except in his own mind being there or intruding on their lives simply because he was a believer in a religion that they did not want nor even know about. This type of thing has been going on for centuries, you would think that the religious groups would understand that indigenous do not want or need them. They have introduced more terror and atrocities over the centuries than any good they have done for the indigenous peoples world wide.

shona1
PhD Quiet
10.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago

Morning Kavika...yes that is so typical of religions...ours is better than yours mentality...

They are at peace on their island and it should be left as is...even the  Indians do not encroach on them and leave them well alone...and that includes the Indian Army and Navy..

The island is given a wide berth at all times...the Indian government respects them and their way of life..as it should...

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago

... at least those savages didn't get his mountain bike. /s

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
10.3  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago
that they did not want nor even know about.

Well they might know about it in their oral history as the British did kidnap 4 Sentilese children back in the 1880's before returning them sometime later

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Freefaller @10.3    2 weeks ago

It's possible, but improbable, Freefaller, 160 years ago but either way they have made it clear over the decades they want np part of it and the Indian government agrees and has laws to protect them from wandering missionaries.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
10.3.2  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @10.3.1    2 weeks ago

Agreed